The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defensive missions: your frame of choice

Title makes it pretty clear, but just to clarify, on missions of a more defensive nature(defense, mobile defense, interception, etc.), who do you not leave your orbiter without? 

For me it's vabuan(prime), I'm finding him to be a frame who's just natural to me. Love the cc, and vortex + tonkor gets really useful in those later waves. And oddly enough, I just don't like playing frost. 

I like using Banshee. She has cc that keeps enemies away with silence as well as unmatched damage bonus. She also has 2 pretty effective oh crap buttons. 

I'm also using Equinox more now. Being able to sleep enemies(as mentioned above is great) you also have a large slow aura that makes needing nova not as necessary to slow for CC. I just think nova's slow always slowed down the mission too much. Allowing enemies to get a little closer before the slow coupled with snow globe is great. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

I'm boring, I know, but I'm falling in love with my Frost Prime all over again.  I've got over 220 power strength on it, and 145 range, so nice big globes that can take a good amount of damage.  Ice Wave is great in early waves at killing whole waves in a single shot while Avalanche makes an excellent panic button.

Frost and Nova Prime's are something you hope to see often,  with maybe a Trinity.

That said, a high range Rhino is actually fairly effective because he's got a diverse moveset. Stomp cc's enemies for a decent time, Iron Skin allows you to play more aggressively, charge is a decent damage move and a hilarious mobility tool, and keeping everyone with a roar buff means your whole team kills things faster.

Vauban (Prime), Like the OP, All the CC with an AoE Weapon just made it easy. I traded in my Tonkor for Talons just for a challenge, since the Tonkor started to make things a little dreary after a while. Plus the Ragdoll of the Talons go great with all the other CC that Vauban brings to the table. Plus with Repelling Bastille, I can keep the Objective safe.

Kinda like during the Proxie Retribution today, had to save the objective a lot with Bastille.

frost prime for defense of course.

or mirage - i kill everything before they can damage the pod. this only works for mobile def/sorties, not for soloing 20+ waves of T4def (at least i can't make it work after that - enemies spawn in too many directions so i can't prevent them destroying the objective)

defense missions puts me to sleep its boring af just standing there, but when I actually play one like in the proxy alert I normally use Excalibur for the blind and javelin combo or frost with braton prime.