A flamethrower(Ignis)

A AoE DoT weapon(Torid)

A DoT pistol(Acrid)

A staff(Prova)

A heavy machine gun(Supra)

A plasma rifle(Dera)

A laser(Flux Rifle)

And a railgun(Lankna).

But not a single shotgun anywhere, what gives? On top of none of them being shotgun-like, they all use either melee, rifle, or pistol mods, none of them use shotgun mods.

im pretty sure that 'orokin shotgun' is just a temporary model. its not actually a shotgun in execution.

maybe it just hasnt gotten any inspiration. i cant personally think of an idea for one that hasnt been done just yet, short of a UT style Flak Cannon.

for those who dont know the Flak Cannon, basicly a bolt style shotgun where the 'pellets' would ark.

Well, shotguns are rather game breaking when modded correctly.

You think an Ogris is tough? Wait until there is a shotgun that needs Mastery Rank 6-8.

You'll cry from OP.

The Ogris is already a one shot-multiple kills weapon that can one hit heavy units. Even with a weapon that 1-hits things its gonna be difficult to outdo that.

Well i've got list of variants for this 
1) Plasma shotgun as it was in crimsonland 
2) Explosion shotgun as it was in borderlands 2 
3) Gauss shotgun of course from crimsonland
Yes its not original , but that was good ideas and we can bring them to this game . As for me i would like to see shotgun like this : two barrels and two ammo in mag , with each shot it shoots few slags which explode after hiting an enemy , moderate reload , high damage , it would shotgun for medium range like hek . You can say that its enough explosions with thunderbolt and ogris right now , but i just love explosions too high .

Edited by Sjukob

Chargeable shotgun that spits out more pellets with the charge.

Shotgun that fires an explosive (bouncy?) grenade instead.

Shotgun that fires homing flechettes (think boomstick version of Psychic Bolts).

CHAIN-SHOTGUN! - edit for inspiration, means both CHAINGUN-SHOTGUN and BOLA-SHOTGUN. Because I, too, miss Bulletstorm.

I got a million of these. Mostly because I love shotguns.

Edited by Nicocat

There's a large lack of Shotguns in this game. All those mods only go towards 3 weapons; it's lame. Research weapons as a whole are skewed towards the primary slot; hope that changes soon.

To be fair, though, the similarly-awesome pistol mods go to another pair of shotguns.