Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Mission failure imminent: eliminate remaining targets" on Spy

StuffedTurkey007

I was doing the last vault on Pavlov (Orokin Moon Spy) on solo mode. It was my first time on Pavlov so I was taking it slow. Near the end of the vault, I was given the warning "Mission failure imminent: eliminate remaining targets." There were no enemies in the vault so I failed the mission. According to patch notes for 18.5, this is supposed to only be on exterminate missions. It makes no sense to be on a spy mission where you aren't killing enemies! I was an hour into the mission, so needless to say I was very mad.

I still don't even have the slightest clue as to what the reason for that Exterminate "kill now or fail" mechanic might be.

FWIW, I know that Spy missions can turn into Exterminates if too many enemies spot you or something nebulous conditions are met,
maybe that happened in your case and you didn't notice? loldunno

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In spy missions if you don't get any data vaults without being detected you have to eliminate remaining enemies

On 31/05/2016 at 9:56 PM, StuffedTurkey007 said:

I was doing the last vault on Pavlov (Orokin Moon Spy) on solo mode. It was my first time on Pavlov so I was taking it slow. Near the end of the vault, I was given the warning "Mission failure imminent: eliminate remaining targets." There were no enemies in the vault so I failed the mission. According to patch notes for 18.5, this is supposed to only be on exterminate missions. It makes no sense to be on a spy mission where you aren't killing enemies! I was an hour into the mission, so needless to say I was very mad.

On 01/06/2016 at 4:29 AM, NinjaZeku said:

I still don't even have the slightest clue as to what the reason for that Exterminate "kill now or fail" mechanic might be.

FWIW, I know that Spy missions can turn into Exterminates if too many enemies spot you or something nebulous conditions are met,
maybe that happened in your case and you didn't notice? loldunno

• 3 weeks later...

The same happened to me last week on the Inaros Quest. I was killing the Tomb Guardian with Trinity (I know what you'll say, "use another warframe duh", but I really enjoy playing with Trin my missions so I wanted to give it a try) and because I spend a lot of time killing them this message appeared and I still had 15sec to finish, but since I needed to hear the story of the quest I couldnt make it to my liset.

2 minutes ago, Katarasan said:

The same happened to me last week on the Inaros Quest. I was killing the Tomb Guardian with Trinity (I know what you'll say, "use another warframe duh", but I really enjoy playing with Trin my missions so I wanted to give it a try) and because I spend a lot of time killing them this message appeared and I still had 15sec to finish, but since I needed to hear the story of the quest I couldnt make it to my liset.

They really need to just get rid of this "feature". All it does is hinder players at this point, especially since we already have the "if you don't move, you don't get a reward" thing.

And there's nothing wrong with using a frame you like, and nothing wrong with Trinity in general. She's good at keeping herself alive, if nothing else, and she also promotes using your weapons rather than relying on your abilities to kill everything.

8 minutes ago, Maugre said:

And there's nothing wrong with using a frame you like, and nothing wrong with Trinity in general. She's good at keeping herself alive, if nothing else, and she also promotes using your weapons rather than relying on your abilities to kill everything.

Thanks for that. I really think that Tinity's gamestyle suits my own. That is why I use her a lot. But since it takes me so much time to kill all the tomb guardians, and due to this problem, I am forced to use another warframe. Such a shame. Hope they get ride of it soon.

Commenting because this just happened to me, also on Pavlov running the spy vaults.

I was in solo mode, playing Pavlov for the first time with no guides.  I failed the first vault, but completed the second with no alarms.  At the end of the third vault, I was given the "Eliminate remaining targets" message and a very short (20 second?) count-down timer.   Because there are no enemies in the vault, the mission failed.

And to clarify:  this is NOT the same thing that happens after triggering too many alarms in spy vaults.  I've had that happen in the past, so I'm aware of the difference.  Very frustrating.

haha over 4 months, that's funny. don't worry guys, once they release part 1 of 5 of the war within next month, they will start fixing this bug and bugs like it. Or, they will start fixing bugs from the war within first, which means another month or so after that ;) 

jk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This happened to me today in the Lua spy sortie, I normally do the the hardest room first which I find the hardest room the orokin training area where there is lasers all over the place, and drones. My kubrow had been faulty and turning off invisibility when sneaking passed a drone. So I repeated this mission 6 times, then the second room I always do second is other one which is easier than that training room, then the last I do is the big puzzle room. I got this message just before blowing the container to break open the wall to get to the console room, but when I saw the message, I darted as fast as I could to the console to hack it. The thing is the puzzle spy room does take a long time to do, if you are doing it carefully, which includes waiting and timing the patterns of the lasers of death orbs and closing doors. But I managed to run to my ship, since I was going to hang around and open some of the orokin moon vaults,mand did not want mission to fail after competing it while I was looting.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf
Extra

On 2/8/2017 at 1:15 PM, Cosmic_Elf said:

This happened to me today in the Lua spy sortie, I normally do the the hardest room first which I find the hardest room the orokin training area where there is lasers all over the place, and drones. My kubrow had been faulty and turning off invisibility when sneaking passed a drone. So I repeated this mission 6 times, then the second room I always do second is other one which is easier than that training room, then the last I do is the big puzzle room. I got this message just before blowing the container to break open the wall to get to the console room, but when I saw the message, I darted as fast as I could to the console to hack it. The thing is the puzzle spy room does take a long time to do, if you are doing it carefully, which includes waiting and timing the patterns of the lasers of death orbs and closing doors. But I managed to run to my ship, since I was going to hang around and open some of the orokin moon vaults,mand did not want mission to fail after competing it while I was looting.

This is a game mechanic from having to not kill anything after a certain amount of time. DE put this here to stop players from going all stealth/ no kills/ alarms.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 6:04 PM, (PS4)ExcessiveSteeze said:

This is a game mechanic from having to not kill anything after a certain amount of time. DE put this here to stop players from going all stealth/ no kills/ alarms.

I read in the patch notes long ago that this was to prevent AFK leeching - except it doesn't do that at all.

DE does not intentionally discourage stealth play. If anything, they try to encourage it (but fail at making it more rewarding than speed runs).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This happened to me TODAY on the FIRST vault on Pavlov. Everything was fine until I was spotted by an Orokin Eximus. I killed it, but didnt make it to the console to hack in time. The data was lost. I still had vault B and C left.

But immediately after being spotted it said "ELIMINATE REMAINING TARGETS"

I didnt know WHAT was going on and the mission failed about a minute or two later.

I had an exterminate mission do that to me too last week, but I'd killed the requisite number already and was looking for caches I'd missed. Per the same 18.5 patch notes there should be no timer popping up once you've killed enough enemies.