Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa first ability needs to go.

tripletriple

I can't for the life of me find any use for that terrible ability. Don't buff it, don't tweak it just get rid of it. I have never seen anyone who enjoys using it. It does all the work for you. Give us something interactive to play with. 

On another note allow her to cast skills in peacemaker and reduce cost to 8 per second. 

Edited by tripletriple

I would use it with my ogris to boost its damage + the napalm effect, but for some reason that stopped working.

It would probably work better as a base damage increase over time, or the damage split over several bullets

I find it to be perfectly good ability, just the initial casting animation is a bit long for what it does(It should be a one handed cast). Just because you and a few people you talked to don't like does not mean it is useless. Quite the opposite really, getting those sweet 50k headshots on level 80 heavy gunners with the dex sybaris is quite useful.

7 minutes ago, torint_man said:

I find it to be perfectly good ability, just the initial casting animation is a bit long for what it does(It should be a one handed cast). Just because you and a few people you talked to don't like does not mean it is useless. Quite the opposite really, getting those sweet 50k headshots on level 80 heavy gunners with the dex sybaris is quite useful.

On one heavy gunner. After getting a considerable amount of charge damage. Yeah, it's useless. 

Just now, tripletriple said:

On one heavy gunner. After getting a considerable amount of charge damage. Yeah, it's useless. 

With the soma prime, you get a full charge in half a second. I'd hardly consider that considerable. When I slotted in natural talent, I killed 6 level 100 heavy gunners in 30 seconds with a single clip of the soma prime. Every time I discharged ballistic battery, I took off half of their health. It massively reduced the time to kill, so I think your assertions are a bit premature. 

42 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

ctive to play with. 

On another note allow her to cast skills in peacemaker and reduce cost to 8 per second. 

The Peacemaker cost is brilliant, as long as you know the basics of drain skills efficiency. Any more than that would turn Mesa into cheese once again, as it was a while ago.

And when it comes to 1, there are far worse 1 skill on tons of frames. Unlikely it will change in the close or far future.

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

They either need to remove the animation or make it passively generate and press 1 to discharge.

I also wouldnt mind a buff to it or making its augment part of the ability

I'd be soooo happy if that was a thing, 100% status chance, passively generated every 1.5 seconds when you use an automatic weapon and all you have to do is press the first button everytime you see a 100% down the skill list and you'd just do crazy amounts of damage while proc'ing a lot '-'. The only thing that's bugging me everytime I want to use it is the animation.

They should make it charge passively and then you press 1 to discharge it.  They may as well remove the damage cap as well; it's single target (unless you use the augment to proc gas or something) and a single target delete button is not something we've never seen before (Ash teleport, anything that opens finishers really).  It would need to have a cap or reduced efficiency of some sort against bosses though.

Passive regeneration would be good for it. Still a boring skill, those saying it's good are not opening their eyes to the possibilities to other skills. This is the same foolishness people used to defend Vauban bounce and excaliburs old super jump. No one cares about your niche uses people. 

1 hour ago, tripletriple said:

Passive regeneration would be good for it. Still a boring skill, those saying it's good are not opening their eyes to the possibilities to other skills. This is the same foolishness people used to defend Vauban bounce and excaliburs old super jump. No one cares about your niche uses people. 

I dont think its boring. It makes her feel like a gunslinger IMO. You build up this charge and then have to take careful aim to do massive damage to the enemy you feel most "deserves it". It feels like i am a gunslinger focusing on a single target. It breaks up the flow of her gameplay well (minus the clunky animation bit).

My main beef with it is if you forget to charge it again right after using it, it can ruin a perfectly good opportunity to use it later on. It kind of takes the wind out of my sails when im in the zone with her and realize i forgot to recharge BB. A passive charge would make her feel so satisfying.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Been on an Overwatch binge lately ,so we could shamelessly rip McCree's Combat Roll and give it to Mesa. 

Essentially, Mesa does a dive roll (immune to enemy attacks and moves through/ knocks back enemies in her path) and instantly reloads all of her weapons. This ability can be used while in Peacemaker. 

I personally love her first skill. It makes high rate of fire weapons into snipers if you need to, and snipers into freaking deadly killing machines of doom. Plus, the charge is pretty quick if you keep shooting.

*Oh, is that a lvl150 Bombard? It would be a shame... if a single bullet from my AkSomati destroys his head.*

12 hours ago, SquidTheSid said:

Been on an Overwatch binge lately ,so we could shamelessly rip McCree's Combat Roll and give it to Mesa. 

Essentially, Mesa does a dive roll (immune to enemy attacks and moves through/ knocks back enemies in her path) and instantly reloads all of her weapons. This ability can be used while in Peacemaker. 

Most interesting. Dunno if that would be suited to a game like WF where enemies come in hordes, though.

I'd vote for removing the damage cap. It would allow the skill to be effective with any weapon, and it would give it a more tactical feeling - keep building it up or discharge ? Kinda like a single-target Equinox's Maim, but less inconvenient.