Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 4: Hotfix 18.13.2 information & more!

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

For god sake just let us forma our stuff without reseting it in lvl-if you wanna apply forma on you stuff you need to lvl up it to 30 lvl first, just like lense. That will solve draco problem instantly-you still gonna need to lvl up your stuff, but only once, and after that you may put as many forma as you want. It's really simple and easy to made solution to whole forma\draco problem.

Except it isn't. Forma can't just be a free toss-in, no matter that "free" still isn't free even when farmed entirely in the game. There still has to be some degree of a setback for the power it grants, which is why I say a forma should reset a weapon to your mastery rank only. That gives greater advantages to leveling up a lot of gear and trying things out, raising your mastery rank in the process, so that you can find something you really like and not have to spend forever getting it set up.

18 hours ago, Raniu said:

Why fix something that's not broken? :D

All Magnetize does is attract bullets. It also attracts enemy projectiles so if you're gonna stand at the Magnetize's very center then you;re gonna have a bad time. Just don't enter the center and you(they)'ll be fine.

It's not always that simple though.  I was killed because I was meleeing enemies and didn't realize a bubble was placed afterwards.

I don't think the Mag did it intentionally, but still...players shouldn't be killing other players in the pve portion of the game.

16 minutes ago, HarlequinSocks said:

What you're suggesting would further increase the divide between new players and established players.

What divide?  I was taken on about 20 T4 missions on my first day (was a double credits weekend).  Heck they could still do it with a Limbo.

19 minutes ago, HarlequinSocks said:

Not only would this further hurt the new player experience, you'd kill the trading economy.

How?

20 minutes ago, HarlequinSocks said:

Progression in this game can take months

Can if you don't play much. I got my endgame Boltor Prime in 3 weeks.  One of my (ex-_) clan members got his endgame weapon in a week.

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

June 1 Update:

Here comes another Update on Hotfix 18.13.2.

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

This is determined by the following:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed: x2).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

this is actually pretty cool

i'm curious as to why you would make a double affinity weekend in which people spend time leveling/forma-ing frames and weapons prior to this change and not after, though

1 hour ago, Godzilla853 said:

That's not how it work if you mind control one it will use the weapon it has then when mind control ends they may get a shev.

it is how it in 30% of all tries the bombard will get disarmed and take his sheev. Test it yourself in the simulacrum.

Just now, GamingVirtue said:

Except it isn't. Forma can't just be a free toss-in, no matter that "free" still isn't free even when farmed entirely in the game. There still has to be some degree of a setback for the power it grants, which is why I say a forma should reset a weapon to your mastery rank only. That gives greater advantages to leveling up a lot of gear and trying things out, raising your mastery rank in the process, so that you can find something you really like and not have to spend forever getting it set up.

That drawback changes nothing, players still gonna put as many forma as they want, but gonna waste more time by doing this, instead of you know...actualy playing game. Less time formaing-more time playing with stuff that you want.

I thought the original plan was to have the weapon's starting rank be determined by your mastery rank, not just the starting capacity. Unless you had issues with the mastery you skipped in doing so, then it'd make sense, but still it's a little disappointing. 

Edited by NyxCrab

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed: x2).

Do I still gain more capacity at Rank 1 or does the weapon/warframe remain at the same capacity until it's rank is higher than my Mastery?  For example, if I build a new weapon it'll have a capacity of 21 because I'm Mastery 21 but will it stay at 21 until it's own rank is 22-30 or will it gain capacity from ranks 1-9 and then stop at maximum 30 capacity?

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just a bit more information for everyone comin' in hot here. Rejoice!

Will a warframe level 2 have "mastery rank + 2" capacity or will the capacity start increasing once the warframe reach the equivalent of the mastery rank ?

19 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Uh... what's with the free Forma? I mean, for the people that actually needs it, having one for every day after 18.12.2 for a total of 7 Forma sounds much more reasonable.

Is it because these changes may ruin some builds?

there was another thread seeking compensations after the previous updates, Forma warriors.. as i call them, guys who had Arcanes on those specific builds, had their build types ruined, hence i think as reason of the Forma compensation.

I like what was done with Volt and Mag with only a couple exceptions.

For Volt, I'd like to see the energy drain on picking up and carrying his shield reduced by about half. It feels like I can't even move down a simple hall with it without using well over 100 energy. I think the extreme drain ruins the utility of it a bit. Instead, I propose making the player choose between using speed or carrying the shield. You choose between enhanced movement speed or greater defense with fewer offensive options since primaries must remain holstered. 

For Mag: Please make Shield Polarize scale with enemy level. It's basically useless past level 35 as is, which sorta sucks since Mag has always been a favorite option of mine for high-level corpus missions like Cerberus. 

Other than that I'm pretty well satisfied with these changes. I especially love how Magnetize now turns some projectile (Non-Hitscan) weapons into total AOE powerhouses. Lanka is downright fearsome now. 

I don't agree with new gear taking the same level as your account. New gear should start from rank 0, it's new stuff after all.

Maybe I'm just afraid that having new weapons starting from level X (where X is your MR) will cause the mastery to not show up or be collected, which would be a huge mess-up. But nonetheless, I don't see the need for that.

On the other hand, as for Forma'd stuff, I can agree with that. It's stuff you already used, in my mind it's "stuff you already know how to use, and that you already mastered".

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just a bit more information for everyone comin' in hot here. Rejoice!

Appreciating how you're frequently keeping us up-to-date.

I know it's likely due to the fallout from the last update but it's a shame it won't always be as frequent (not that it wasn't infrequent before, mind you).

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

And now.... for Part 4! Dev Workshops: now officially with more parts than The Hobbit!

To continue from where we left off from Part 3, let's talk about enemy cheesiness.

Shovel in the ground on enemies: short term & long term.

In the short term there are enemies and enemy mechanics we are changing to reduce their cheesiness. These short term changes are coming in Hotfix 18.13.2 (should be tomorrow).

Enemy Plasma Grenades:

If you're like me and you have been playing a lot of Void Defense lately, it's more than likely you've had a mission failed due to one stray grenade from the enemy. These seemingly infinite-damage-scaling grenades of doom can be a death sentence, so here's what's coming:

Before enemy Plasma Grenades explode, they will live for 3 seconds after coming to a rest on the ground. Plasma Grenades can now be shot in air or when they are on the ground. When an enemy Plasma Grenade is shot and killed, it will explode and damage any enemies in range with no damage to you. A Tenno with a keen ear will be able to identify these threats and counter them with an accurate shot before it's too late.

Ballistas:

Ballistas will have telegraphing when they are winding up to fire off a round from their deadly Vulkars. An observant Tenno will be better able to identify and prioritize these threats.

Hyekka Masters: 

For now this is as simple as fixing the Hyekka Master’s Ignis dealing damage through walls.

Should you have anything else in mind, leave a comment below linking to your existing feedback thread, or simply discuss here.

Long term:

The bigger picture is the way enemy damage and EHP scales in the higher level content. We are discussing a few options at this time on the way scaling works, but ultimately we will preserve increased difficulty over time that demands a 'be careful and get out or get killed' set of stakes the longer you spend in a mission. The long term of this will demand a greater Dev Workshop as we make decisions on the topic - more to come here.

Warframe Feedback:

We've reviewed and made some changes to the following Warframe abilities. Everything is subject to change pending testing, but here are our current plans for Hotfix 18.13.2. Please note we also have a stack of fixes coming, but those are rooted in bug squashing and not principle design so aren't covered here.

Trinity: Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods). We are working on making the squad UI show who is in range with the Tenno Affinity markers, it might not be ready for 18.13.2.

Valkyr: Hysteria: Each kill reduces her Hysteria Aura by 1 meter, the aura will continue to grow but killing frequently will keep it tight around you so you can control its range.

The Forma'ing

We've received word from the Lotus that everyone will have 7 days following the launch of 18.13.2 to claim a free Forma via inbox simply by logging in.

With the power of all your Draco runs, we have intercepted this message:

You have fought long and hard for our cause - learning to master many Warframes and Weapons in your Arsenal. Take this gift of Forma as a token of my appreciation for your willingness to bend the will of your equipment to suit your needs on the battlefield.

The Lotus.

June 1 Update:

Here comes another Update on Hotfix 18.13.2.

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

Is today still the day? Or When?

photo.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spoiler

No Excalibur changes for the Radial Blind on spin.

9 minutes ago, -Vin- said:

I don't agree with new gear taking the same level as your account. New gear should start from rank 0, it's new stuff after all.

Maybe I'm just afraid that having new weapons starting from level X (where X is your MR) will cause the mastery to not show up or be collected, which would be a huge mess-up. But nonetheless, I don't see the need for that.

On the other hand, as for Forma'd stuff, I can agree with that. It's stuff you already used, in my mind it's "stuff you already know how to use, and that you already mastered".

I miss-read it like that too the first time, but what actually will happen is that the weapon/frame will be level 0 but will have slots points as per your MR. so for me a new weapon will be rank 0 but will have 22 points to spend (44 with a potato). I guess that means it won't start gaining new points until the weapon level catches up with your MR. This is a nice change, no more weak weapons with no mods on the first time out.