[DE]Rebecca

Dev Workshop Part 4: Hotfix 18.13.2 information & more!

Can Mag have her shield damage be percent based (as it was) instead of doing flat damaged based off of power str? 

Edited by Pyus
  • Upvote 35

Please consider getting rid of the levels on enemies (which means they keep the same stats on all planets/any circumstances, making them easier to kill, and helping to balance all the powers of warframes for each enemy type + weapons damage as a bonus AND mods), and instead set up a "Fatigue System" which will increase the vulnerability of the Tenno to enemy damage. (If the Fatigue factor is high, the Tenno will take more and more damage from the enemies).

This way, we will have to be very careful in missions with high Fatigue Factor (we must adapt our gameplay), but we will still be able to kill the enemies and expect our abilities to work as intended.

All the players will be able to enjoy playing on all planets (since the challenge could be met anywhere for those who want it). New players and old players could be reunited this way.

No more frustration of unkillable enemies.

No more powers rendered "useless" by High Endgame content: all powers will work as intended at any Fatigue Circumstances. The challenge comes from incoming damage on Tenno+allies only (enemy fire strength stays the same on the bubble of Frost, for example). Maybe some tweaks will be necessary for dodging mechanics, but that's all.

Any "hard mission" (like Sorties, event, etc) could start with a given Fatigue Factor already high. A High Fatigue Factor means that to get there (where the mission is), the Tenno has already done many efforts (hostile approach), on the lore-side.

The Fatigue Factor has many advantages like explained above, but is also much more realistic (not even comparable to the current absurd Level system)=> the Operator is tired over time by the Transference, and is susceptible to make more mistakes or react less soundly.

There, I hope I explained my thought on this well enough and that it'll give ideas.

May the Void save you all.

PS: Also, I don't understand why we don't have the "continue? screen" for ALL mission types. We should be able to perform one after another Sabotages/Exterminations/Hijacks/etc on any planet/ships/whatever. (Fatigue Factor increases). This would also expand the Reward Tables possibilities for the Void (Rotation A/B/C for all mission types)!!!

• Upvote 41

I am pleasantly surprised by the proposed combat mechanical changes and ask only that the grenades become more visible once coming to rest, perhaps with a clear flashing/pulsing light.

And also that the explosion not pass through walls.

Otherwise, well planned and I await its execution.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Pyus said:

Can Mag have her shield damage be percent based (as it was) instead of doing flat damaged based off of power str? 

Not only that my friend. Armor too.

I'd very much love to have Polarize back to a % even if lower than it was originally just for the same of better scaling... I mean 10 casts to strip a high level gunner with 200 power str is kinda (pardon my language) $&*&*#(%&.

• Upvote 18

So no real changes I see. At best the Trinity changes are nice. Everything else is kind of meh. Grenades like most enemies do way to much damage at higher levels. The masters have more armor than most other enemies in the game. Since we are getting a hotfix does this mean no Tenno reinforcements?

• Upvote 1

Please keep in mind that even keen tenno senses sometimes get overwhelmed due to the sheer amount of explosions, gunfire, screams, kubrow barking and disco balls flying everywhere at certain moments.

• Upvote 13

may I pose a few suggestions for everyones favorite unit: the nulifier

right now there are to many things about nulifiers that reduce variety and fun. even using a powerful bow or semi auto gun their shields take forever to destroy because they work off object health, this makes weapons that get most of their damage from status procs or crits useless against them please change this.

Secondly can you please put a cap on how many times they can regen their bubbles that would be nice

and finally something to actually make players look forward to nullifiers. could you guys please consider the idea that when a nulifier dies if it still had shield charges left it releases a burst of energy for players to refil energy bars after getting nulfied, nothing huge maybe 30-50 energy

other than that please take a look at the energy cost for exalted blade slide attacks its a bit too high considering how bad the blind is

Edited by Melos-mevim
  • Upvote 13

7 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Not only that my friend. Armor too.

I'd very much love to have Polarize back to a % even if lower than it was originally just for the same of better scaling... I mean 10 casts to strip a high level gunner with 200 power str is kinda (pardon my language) $&*&*#(%&.

Before I post I went to see how many casts it would take to strip shields from a level 135 crewman. 48 polarizations, where before it took one. So in my opinion they should either increase the base damage by x48, or change the ability to be percentage base. This is ridiculous.  

Edited by Pyus
  • Upvote 21

17 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Gonna be a fix for Magnetize wipeing teammates?

Why fix something that's not broken? :D

All Magnetize does is attract bullets. It also attracts enemy projectiles so if you're gonna stand at the Magnetize's very center then you;re gonna have a bad time. Just don't enter the center and you(they)'ll be fine.

- would love if enemies' lock on mechanics would get a look at as well. bombard rockets and grappling hooks are a bit too effective imho. or at least give us better counter measures that need player input to work.

- would like to know if enemy count will be set to numbers were it is more posible to spot threats

- when you say "prioritazing targets", do you guys keep in mind the 4 heavy gunners + 2 bombards + 4 nullifiers + X eximi + etc that can spawn and attack us simultaneously?

im loving the changes and i think the game is heading to a much better situation in terms of balance. maybe slowly, but surely.

cheers!

Edited by locojuan
  • Upvote 8

JUST Hyeka master flamethrows no longer go through walls?

You forgot scorches and their flamethrower, you also forget about bombard rockets, and napalams.

How about frost globes and volt shields actually being able to block the explosions and flames?

Dont kill the only real support frame in the game. Anything else with a heal, Oberon, Nezha... they have attacking abilities or CC. All trinity is, is a healer and a battery for the team. You have taken that away. Check your heads. Ancient healers give enemies 95% damage reduction and appear 2-3 at a time, we had one damn frame. Now trins going to be limited to 75% while the enemy STILL has the 95% damage reducing ancients, appearing in groups. GG.

Read farther into the thread. A portion of the Trinity players don't even want to try to help the team anymore. They don't want everyone huddled around or have to chase down every random hurt ally to try and heal them. The range restriction has either got to scale with range mods or be gone.

Excaliber players would rather have the slide blind removed than have it cost energy.

Mags polarize not scaling makes it horribly ineffective. You took her from a press 2 to decimate corpus, to a .... .. wait you moved her now only good ability to 2.. so... hmm... which by the way is now broken as hell. Weapon with punch through and gas damage = instarek any level enemy and mobs of them at that.

Start paying attention to who is saying what. The people who want the game harder, who want a challenge, tell people who want kick &#! abilities to stop whining and how you guys shouldnt be responsible for them, yet at the same time won't take their own damn medicine and make the game harder on themselves by not taking 8 forma weapons/frames into every single mission minmaxing everything so they can 1-shot then *@##$ about everything being too easy.

Edited by giantconch
  • Upvote 27

Yep. They listened to the whining fools and ruined the PERFECT trinity change they made. It's over. You guys either need to stop listening to these people or this game is going to end up dying because of them. People are going to complain because they've become entitled and lazy and don't actually want to play your game. These people's opinions should not be listened to. I'm not going to stick around long enough to watch that happen, it's too sad to watch your favorite game die.

• Upvote 8

Just a question, does this mean that the Mag and Volt reworks are finalized?

I'm asking since Polarize, as it stands is quite sub-par when compared against the rest of Mag's kit. 

I believe that the skill would be vastly improved if the armor removal wasn't tied to damage dealt.

If the skill still dealt a flat damage but the armor debuff was based on a % of enemy armor (like every other armor removal ability) this skill would easily scale well into endgame without being an instant win button. Even better if the shrapnel formed also scaled with enemy armor: this would allow a stronger synergy with Magnetize and provide scaling damage output without being a nuke since the damage would be dealt as a DoT. 

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Yep. They listened to the whining fools and ruined the PERFECT trinity change they made. It's over. You guys either need to stop listening to these people or this game is going to end up dying because of them. People are going to complain because they've become entitled and lazy and don't actually want to play your game. These people's opinions should not be listened to. I'm not going to stick around long enough to watch that happen, it's too sad to watch your favorite game die.

Simmer down Mr.Elitist

• Upvote 35

8 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

This would also expand the Reward Tables possibilities for the Void (Rotation A/B/C for all mission types)!!!

Can we ask for Void to drop primes only and no to cores or cells?

How about the primes are categorized into common, uncommon and rare and at Rot C we get a chance at extra reward?

Is this going to destroy Ducats? no since most of Baron's items are rising in prices and most of us can't keep up with him so this is not entirely bad idea (ok maybe its XD)

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Enemy Plasma Grenades:

If you're like me and you have been playing a lot of Void Defense lately, it's more than likely you've had a mission failed due to one stray grenade from the enemy. These seemingly infinite-damage-scaling grenades of doom can be a death sentence, so here's what's coming:

Before enemy Plasma Grenades explode, they will live for 3 seconds after coming to a rest on the ground. Plasma Grenades can now be shot in air or when they are on the ground. When an enemy Plasma Grenade is shot and killed, it will explode and damage any enemies in range with no damage to you. A Tenno with a keen ear will be able to identify these threats and counter them with an accurate shot before it's too late.

So basically I'm supposed to turn off music and rely on a soundfeedback while I'm busy running around and shooting stuff? And this for the reward of dealing some damage to enemies, that will most likely not be where the grenade is thrown in the first place?

• Upvote 3

I think there needs to be more passes done on the nerfs that came out with the last update, but I'm glad to be a part of a community where the DEVs actually listen and work with the community to shape the game.

In multiple devstreams you discussed Warframe abilities getting scaling effects, but in the passives patch you not only REMOVED Mag's scaling damage, but then also failed to deliver the promised scaling of Volt's new Ult: both now have damage caps.

What happened to scaling warframe abilities, so that they'd remain viable into lategame?

• Upvote 27

My opinion about the current blessing situation is that no matter how you alter it people are going to have a problem with it. I think whats best would be a different ultimate for her thats healing related. Suggestions:

1. Trinity puts a healing aura in an area that heals tenno at a ?/?/?/?/ rate. Or Trinity has the aura following her like Banshee's silence.
2. Trinity buffs allies by adding life steal to their abilities and/or weapons.
3. Trinity buffs allies with proc immunities and have them heal for x seconds for ?/?/?/?/ health a second.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Before enemy Plasma Grenades explode, they will live for 3 seconds after coming to a rest on the ground. Plasma Grenades can now be shot in air or when they are on the ground. When an enemy Plasma Grenade is shot and killed, it will explode and damage any enemies in range with no damage to you. A Tenno with a keen ear will be able to identify these threats and counter them with an accurate shot before it's too late.

YES

Ballistas will have telegraphing when they are winding up to fire off a round from their deadly Vulkars. An observant Tenno will be better able to identify and prioritize these threats.

YES

The bigger picture is the way enemy damage and EHP scales in the higher level content. We are discussing a few options at this time on the way scaling works, but ultimately we will preserve increased difficulty over time that demands a 'be careful and get out or get killed' set of stakes the longer you spend in a mission. The long term of this will demand a greater Dev Workshop as we make decisions on the topic - more to come here.

I feel like a lot of this should come from enemy behavior, not simply enemy stats. Low-level Ballistae should fire less frequently than higher-level ballistae. More than that, lower-level ballistae should have to run in closer before they can fire; higher-level ballistae should be able to get target locks from further away. Stuff like that would increase challenge without running into massive EHP issues.

Valkyr: Hysteria: Each kill reduces her Hysteria Aura by 1 meter, the aura will continue to grow but killing frequently will keep it tight around you so you can control its range.

Nice!

• Upvote 5