Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 4: Hotfix 18.13.2 information & more!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, CrazyCortex said:

Obviously they ran into a roadblock for Limbo and Ash. For Limbo it may due to some larger changes planned because everyone realized he's in a very weird place of being exceptionally good in some areas, and pretty meh everywhere else. I think this will be a half-rework.

Ash is due to how iconic Blade Storm is. I know this is the ability they're focusing on, and changing it up can have a huge impact on the community (read everything recently for Trin, Excal, Valk). That or whatever changes they introduced had more bugs than is acceptable to release. Some bugs can slip through, there's only so much you can catch and fix before release so an acceptable margin is allowed if they are A) happen on rare occurrences but otherwise not game breaking and being worked on while we play with the new thing, or B) simply weren't noticed during testing and found by the player. I think Ash changes had too many issues to be released.

Thanks for this Crazy, this made me just what I was looking for, I have to admit, the reason why I want the Ash Rework & Limbo Rework out ASAP, is due to this very reason, Ash Prime/Limbo & Trin Prime are my 3 mains.

Tho it looks like Trin is about to be replaced by Syarn Prime

(Cuz of Nerfs)

8 hours ago, Gilmaesh said:

So what they should do is : MR increase your starting capacity and you level the weapon without forma once from 0 to 30 and then when you forma it, your starting capacity + the level of the weapon is affected by MR. 

i'll gladly welcome this.

edit : the change is already not bad though if you have a sufficient MR, at least players who usually take unranked weapons to missions will now be able to kill a few things with them, unlike before.

Yeah that is exactly what I am saying. I hope they reconsider, leveling up a weapon doesn't work like they think it should. By that I mean Draco is the highest played node across all 3 platforms as they stated not too long ago. Clearly the system is not working as intended.

For Trinity,

Well of Life

• Rework her first skill. It still acts the same way for enemies (Stun + shoot to regain hp) but add an armor reduction to the target.
  • Make it able to target an ally as well which grants them up to 50% damage mitigation and lasts 60s.

The suggested update to Blessing is good but how about synchronizing it with Well of Life?

Every time Trinity casts Blessing, she will emit a healing wave around herself (up to affinity range) plus emitting a second healing wave from the target (enemy or ally) affected by Well of Life. This will allow it to cover more area at the cost of spending more energy and effort to maintain a second source of Blessing.

Maybe add an augment that increases the maximum target of WoL up to 3 targets. This time it will cost an additional mod slot for the benefit of even more Blessing coverage.

Edited by Rhekinos

18 hours ago, AgentEntropy said:

To be fair, Grineer are the easiest faction to fight and most people enjoy fighting them more. While they scale a lot harder than the others, Infested are very unpopular to fight and Corpus are notorious for being hated for a NUMBER of reasons.

Honestly, I find myself with a huge skew toward infested. And why? Because Loki + Cyath is way less trouble and somewhat faster than Draco due to it not being a time-based mission. I think we either need a bigger variety of places to gain affinity from effectively, or we need to see our mastery rank affect our post-forma gear ranks.

Edited by GamingVirtue
Completed a thought

On 01/06/2016 at 1:19 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

And now.... for Part 4! Dev Workshops: now officially with more parts than The Hobbit!

To continue from where we left off from Part 3, let's talk about enemy cheesiness.

Shovel in the ground on enemies: short term & long term.

In the short term there are enemies and enemy mechanics we are changing to reduce their cheesiness. These short term changes are coming in Hotfix 18.13.2 (should be tomorrow).

Enemy Plasma Grenades:

If you're like me and you have been playing a lot of Void Defense lately, it's more than likely you've had a mission failed due to one stray grenade from the enemy. These seemingly infinite-damage-scaling grenades of doom can be a death sentence, so here's what's coming:

Before enemy Plasma Grenades explode, they will live for 3 seconds after coming to a rest on the ground. Plasma Grenades can now be shot in air or when they are on the ground. When an enemy Plasma Grenade is shot and killed, it will explode and damage any enemies in range with no damage to you. A Tenno with a keen ear will be able to identify these threats and counter them with an accurate shot before it's too late.

Ballistas:

Ballistas will have telegraphing when they are winding up to fire off a round from their deadly Vulkars. An observant Tenno will be better able to identify and prioritize these threats.

Hyekka Masters: 

For now this is as simple as fixing the Hyekka Master’s Ignis dealing damage through walls.

Should you have anything else in mind, leave a comment below linking to your existing feedback thread, or simply discuss here.

Long term:

The bigger picture is the way enemy damage and EHP scales in the higher level content. We are discussing a few options at this time on the way scaling works, but ultimately we will preserve increased difficulty over time that demands a 'be careful and get out or get killed' set of stakes the longer you spend in a mission. The long term of this will demand a greater Dev Workshop as we make decisions on the topic - more to come here.

Warframe Feedback:

We've reviewed and made some changes to the following Warframe abilities. Everything is subject to change pending testing, but here are our current plans for Hotfix 18.13.2. Please note we also have a stack of fixes coming, but those are rooted in bug squashing and not principle design so aren't covered here.

Trinity: Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods). We are working on making the squad UI show who is in range with the Tenno Affinity markers, it might not be ready for 18.13.2.

Valkyr: Hysteria: Each kill reduces her Hysteria Aura by 1 meter, the aura will continue to grow but killing frequently will keep it tight around you so you can control its range.

The Forma'ing

We've received word from the Lotus that everyone will have 7 days following the launch of 18.13.2 to claim a free Forma via inbox simply by logging in.

With the power of all your Draco runs, we have intercepted this message:

You have fought long and hard for our cause - learning to master many Warframes and Weapons in your Arsenal. Take this gift of Forma as a token of my appreciation for your willingness to bend the will of your equipment to suit your needs on the battlefield.

The Lotus.

June 1 Update:

Here comes another Update on Hotfix 18.13.2.

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

This is determined by the following:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed: x2).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

Hmm, a good start to make high MR matter. Good Work!

Although its still pain me with the Trinity bless ability cap nerfed to 75%

14 hours ago, (PS4)WiiConquered said:

You're right that mastery means nothing.

But that's the problem. Mastery matters because it gates weapons, missions, and quests. Now, it will also have an affect on Forma and getting new items. Now, this would be good, if only mastery mattered. But because it doesn't, its restrictions and benefits feel arbitrary. The concept of mastery should exist, to allow tiered weapons and sanctioned missions to exist. But because mastery is so non-functional, those things also feel problematic as a result.

My logic was based on what people are expecting mastery to do. Regardless of what they [DE] call it and for whatever reason the user base deem this and want this to mean more than just a gate, to myself and others, THAT... is what is arbitrary. Mastery indeed can and somewhat works has you stated:

15 hours ago, (PS4)WiiConquered said:

The concept of mastery should exist, to allow tiered weapons and sanctioned missions to exist.

It works in the sense of "you want better weapons? use these lesser weapons first, and once you've gained enough affinity, you can use the next tier of weapons".

People want more and forget the game isn't even completed yet. They want more content, more even when we are given more because it's a problem with the more that was given, they want mastery to function in a way they [users] don't even know how they want it to, we can't even achieve the max rank of 30, yet they want more reasons for mastery to matter. We can see that mastery is a gate to "in some cases" better equipment. We are barely at the halfway marker 1mil/2.25mil of items that are needed to reach the mastery rank of 30. If it is obvious that mastery is the way to get better items, why can't that be it's function? Why can't that be what entices you to rank up mastery? It's that way in many, if not all games similar. There's the potential need for another 300 weapons to come down the pipeline, they put care into each weapon they design, we don't get 100s of guns a year, we are lucky to get a few a month.

My answer is this: We have tiered weapons, but the fact you or others may not like or want these weapons, and that being the reason you choose to stay below that mastery level, is your choice, some like and or want those weapons to increase their mastery or to bring about the experience that is of using said weapon is theirs (I absolutely love the majority of Syndicate weapons (Mastery Rank 12) recent friends that I got to play this game, saw those, and wanted to do whatever it took to get them, the busted their butts to get to rank 12 just to use those weapons and were happy.

You think DE doesn't take into account the mean mastery rank of all of their player base to determine where they should place a new weapon on their list? You think they should come out with several mastery rank 30 weapons tomorrow (Unachievable)? What would players do if they [DE] came out with 20 brand new weapons that were totally awesome, weapons that could be shot into the sky and create blizzard, weapons that can lift up enemies in range so that you could take them to the edge of the map and let them fall, weapons that absorb enemies and has a secondary fire to release a friendly unit? You think people would be cheering? you think people would then want to rank to 20 to use those weapons? or would the player base complain that it wasn't fair? that many if not all those people had have to have spent tons of money to get that MR at this state of the game, and that the game has become completely pay to win and cry about leaving?

TLDR; Mastery Rank should stay as is, it's fine. People cheered when COD allowed you to keep one weapon when you chose to prestige (dunno if they still do that) so that the experience was more enjoyable and you weren't going to be destroyed and useless until you got back to that rank, and the fact DE chose to do something similar which is a welcomed change people complain.

Not going to say much about how bad you guys have FUBAR'd Trinity.  I understand WHY you did it, and I'm only playing her about 1 mission of every 200, so I honestly don't care too much.  But you guys really have FUBAR'd her.  Everyone else has already told you how wrong this is, so I won't post details, but I'll give you a little hint DE: you should pick a hard level cap FIRST.  Doing anything like this before you pick one is just silly because eventually, you're either going to pick a level cap, or else slowly kill your own game, so you might as well pick one NOW, then you can make balance changes like this in a more sane, measured, basically more balanced way.

That all said, I have a request re: Plasma Grenades.  We should be able, if we have a melee weapon equipped, to block, move in the path of the grenade, and auto-deflect the grenade back at the enemy who threw it, baseball style.

Grenade_99bb3f_1612777.gif

Wouldn't that be SO MUCH COOLER than simply shooting a grenade sitting on the ground?

Make it happen, DE!

54 minutes ago, Hierarch-Artanis said:

My logic was based on what people are expecting mastery to do. Regardless of what they [DE] call it and for whatever reason the user base deem this and want this to mean more than just a gate, to myself and others, THAT... is what is arbitrary. Mastery indeed can and somewhat works has you stated:

It works in the sense of "you want better weapons? use these lesser weapons first, and once you've gained enough affinity, you can use the next tier of weapons".

People want more and forget the game isn't even completed yet. They want more content, more even when we are given more because it's a problem with the more that was given, they want mastery to function in a way they [users] don't even know how they want it to, we can't even achieve the max rank of 30, yet they want more reasons for mastery to matter. We can see that mastery is a gate to "in some cases" better equipment. We are barely at the halfway marker 1mil/2.25mil of items that are needed to reach the mastery rank of 30. If it is obvious that mastery is the way to get better items, why can't that be it's function? Why can't that be what entices you to rank up mastery? It's that way in many, if not all games similar. There's the potential need for another 300 weapons to come down the pipeline, they put care into each weapon they design, we don't get 100s of guns a year, we are lucky to get a few a month.

My answer is this: We have tiered weapons, but the fact you or others may not like or want these weapons, and that being the reason you choose to stay below that mastery level, is your choice, some like and or want those weapons to increase their mastery or to bring about the experience that is of using said weapon is theirs (I absolutely love the majority of Syndicate weapons (Mastery Rank 12) recent friends that I got to play this game, saw those, and wanted to do whatever it took to get them, the busted their butts to get to rank 12 just to use those weapons and were happy.

You think DE doesn't take into account the mean mastery rank of all of their player base to determine where they should place a new weapon on their list? You think they should come out with several mastery rank 30 weapons tomorrow (Unachievable)? What would players do if they [DE] came out with 20 brand new weapons that were totally awesome, weapons that could be shot into the sky and create blizzard, weapons that can lift up enemies in range so that you could take them to the edge of the map and let them fall, weapons that absorb enemies and has a secondary fire to release a friendly unit? You think people would be cheering? you think people would then want to rank to 20 to use those weapons? or would the player base complain that it wasn't fair? that many if not all those people had have to have spent tons of money to get that MR at this state of the game, and that the game has become completely pay to win and cry about leaving?

TLDR; Mastery Rank should stay as is, it's fine. People cheered when COD allowed you to keep one weapon when you chose to prestige (dunno if they still do that) so that the experience was more enjoyable and you weren't going to be destroyed and useless until you got back to that rank, and the fact DE chose to do something similar which is a welcomed change people complain.

Except no one spends money to improve mastery. People just keep a slot to level and then sell the weapons they don't actually like or care about, and in this game there's a lot by nature of being downgrades. There is nothing inherent to using all these weapons that shows anything. And that's pretending that weapons gated by mastery have anything to do with how powerful they are, and that's pretending many of the high mastery players played with the majority of the weapons the level 30'd and then trashed.

COD isn't a meaningful comparison. It's a game of sidegrades and far fewer weapons than this one. Prestige there was only ever treated as a way to show off. But COD isn't progression based, either, which means it didn't need a meaningful way of showing player progression. This game does.

1 minute ago, (PS4)WiiConquered said:

Except no one spends money to improve mastery. People just keep a slot to level and then sell the weapons they don't actually like or care about, and in this game there's a lot by nature of being downgrades. There is nothing inherent to using all these weapons that shows anything. And that's pretending that weapons gated by mastery have anything to do with how powerful they are, and that's pretending many of the high mastery players played with the majority of the weapons the level 30'd and then trashed.

COD isn't a meaningful comparison. It's a game of sidegrades and far fewer weapons than this one. Prestige there was only ever treated as a way to show of

f. But COD isn't progression based, either, which means it didn't need a meaningful way of showing player progression. This game does.

People do spend money to improve mastery. Surely you don't have to, but it would be hard to find someone MR 20 or above who hasn't spent a single cent on this game. You can't get that high and really feel like you can just sell off countless weapons, mastery rank 20 with 10 inventory slots? and a few frames? surely you jest. Everyone who comments uses vague expressions and outliers to try to make their point.

Using COD was a perfect example to suit my point and with it being as popular as it is, it would resonate with a larger percentage of players who post or comment (seeing as you, yourself got the reference).

13 minutes ago, (PS4)WiiConquered said:

Prestige there was only ever treated as a way to show off

What do you think mastery is seen as? Instead of scoffing at the example and saying it wasn't a meaningful comparison, how about look at nearly every single way that they are "Simulor" (wink wink), tell me how it's not the same as the COD leveling system (at least as I remember it so long ago). You rank up to retrieve in some cases better or more desired weapons. Should you then Prestige your account (Forma works in a "similar" way, however it's applied individualistically), your prestige level (mastery rank) determines how many loadouts/weapons/whatever (capacity) you have when starting over. So in light of this, look at how it applies, you prestige (forma) basically starting at ground floor again, but hold on, your great with an M16, or M1 grand, Model 1887's, G36c, or Scar-H, yes start over but take it with you... (how mastery and capacity now work together), still be close to that force you were moments before you prestige. Prestige enough... (raise your mastery rank high enough), starting over (using a forma), has less and less of an impact on your performance.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)WiiConquered said:

But COD isn't progression based, either, which means it didn't need a meaningful way of showing player progression. This game does.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does this game need to show off player progression? It does this in your profile page showing you what events you've completed and your best times. So my thing is, is it the word? Mastery, that somehow leads to this grandiose idea of a concept greater than what it is currently functioning as?

Mastery: NOUN

1. comprehensive knowledge or skill in a subject or accomplishment.

I shouldn't need to go in depth about how they chose the perfect word for what they intended for us to be doing.

It's what people want that's the problem, and they believe that what they want should come from mastery. They want a number that would dictate skill level, warframe tried that, have a look, it's right there in the profile page... where people should be going to retrieve the information that's already there, yet they want a way to instantly know if a person is good enough or not. A lot of people in this game have 0 skill (pun intended), so that's a metric they shy away from, write off, but what if they fixed the metric that allows that to be some formula for how good a warframe player is? Make it ELO based? They[users] want it to analyze what? your situational awareness? your adaptability? how well you shoot with all weapons, how well you move throughout the map, this full spectrum of verbose metrics similar to I would say poker (you can see exactly how someone plays based on more credible knowledge than if they blink too much, things like VPIP and PFR, there's tons but you can focus on those two, but if I go back to video games, what if they have a metric like the Drivatar from forza, how it analyzes every single thing about your driving from how you take an apex, to where you began breaking, when you release, how you accelerate out of a turn, how you pass, really really deep. Question is why? Grab the guy/gal, play with him/her, and find out? You need a draft agent to play warframe? Heck how many teams each year get that right?

Here's another example you may say isn't at all similar, but how about with World of Warcraft and what happened with the GEARSCORE addon. People said that it didn't show skill either, yet people like me and many others would say it does give you a good base to go off of. People complained and complained how they were mistreated and that they were soooooooo good and deserved the spot over the one who obviously at least put in the time and effort to get to that level. Then what happens? Blizzard inserts an item level requirement and it quiets them all up... which is the exact same thing as gearscore was SMDH.

2 hours ago, Hierarch-Artanis said:

People do spend money to improve mastery. Surely you don't have to, but it would be hard to find someone MR 20 or above who hasn't spent a single cent on this game. You can't get that high and really feel like you can just sell off countless weapons, mastery rank 20 with 10 inventory slots? and a few frames? surely you jest. Everyone who comments uses vague expressions and outliers to try to make their point.

Using COD was a perfect example to suit my point and with it being as popular as it is, it would resonate with a larger percentage of players who post or comment (seeing as you, yourself got the reference).

What do you think mastery is seen as? Instead of scoffing at the example and saying it wasn't a meaningful comparison, how about look at nearly every single way that they are "Simulor" (wink wink), tell me how it's not the same as the COD leveling system (at least as I remember it so long ago). You rank up to retrieve in some cases better or more desired weapons. Should you then Prestige your account (Forma works in a "similar" way, however it's applied individualistically), your prestige level (mastery rank) determines how many loadouts/weapons/whatever (capacity) you have when starting over. So in light of this, look at how it applies, you prestige (forma) basically starting at ground floor again, but hold on, your great with an M16, or M1 grand, Model 1887's, G36c, or Scar-H, yes start over but take it with you... (how mastery and capacity now work together), still be close to that force you were moments before you prestige. Prestige enough... (raise your mastery rank high enough), starting over (using a forma), has less and less of an impact on your performance.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does this game need to show off player progression? It does this in your profile page showing you what events you've completed and your best times. So my thing is, is it the word? Mastery, that somehow leads to this grandiose idea of a concept greater than what it is currently functioning as?

Mastery: NOUN

1. comprehensive knowledge or skill in a subject or accomplishment.

I shouldn't need to go in depth about how they chose the perfect word for what they intended for us to be doing.

It's what people want that's the problem, and they believe that what they want should come from mastery. They want a number that would dictate skill level, warframe tried that, have a look, it's right there in the profile page... where people should be going to retrieve the information that's already there, yet they want a way to instantly know if a person is good enough or not. A lot of people in this game have 0 skill (pun intended), so that's a metric they shy away from, write off, but what if they fixed the metric that allows that to be some formula for how good a warframe player is? Make it ELO based? They[users] want it to analyze what? your situational awareness? your adaptability? how well you shoot with all weapons, how well you move throughout the map, this full spectrum of verbose metrics similar to I would say poker (you can see exactly how someone plays based on more credible knowledge than if they blink too much, things like VPIP and PFR, there's tons but you can focus on those two, but if I go back to video games, what if they have a metric like the Drivatar from forza, how it analyzes every single thing about your driving from how you take an apex, to where you began breaking, when you release, how you accelerate out of a turn, how you pass, really really deep. Question is why? Grab the guy/gal, play with him/her, and find out? You need a draft agent to play warframe? Heck how many teams each year get that right?

Here's another example you may say isn't at all similar, but how about with World of Warcraft and what happened with the GEARSCORE addon. People said that it didn't show skill either, yet people like me and many others would say it does give you a good base to go off of. People complained and complained how they were mistreated and that they were soooooooo good and deserved the spot over the one who obviously at least put in the time and effort to get to that level. Then what happens? Blizzard inserts an item level requirement and it quiets them all up... which is the exact same thing as gearscore was SMDH.

The definition of mastery shows exactly the problem with mastery. Whatever exactly is a high MR player mastering? What did you accomplish? High mastery rank has no correlation to actual in-game mastery, and that's the problem.

Prestige, on the other hand, was aptly named for a system that didn't pretend to show anything more than bragging rights. And nothing but emblems (more for bragging rights) were gated behind prestige. That was fine, because CoD didn't have leveling, it didn't have weapon tiers, and it didn't have scaling. That's why this game needs a progression system. If you hand new players a Tonkor or Boltor Prime, they're not going to learn anything about the game because they'll encounter no challenges early on. Then they hit high levels and get stuck when they need a tiny bit more knowledge. It's not their fault, just that the fact that the game taught them the only thing they needed was to have lots of different weapons.

What needs to happen in a game like this is for new players to be able to access things that are only appropriate for their skill level early on, so gear cannot allow them to ignore learning fundamentals of gameplay. But this is where the problem comes in that Mastery has nothing to do with player skill; players can get high mastery without having used a single weapon outside the tutorial. And even for players who have used many weapons, what additional skills did the jaw sword give them that the pangolin sword didn't already?

CoD has nothing to do with any of that, because there are no tiers for items, which is why I called it irrelevant. I can't speak for WoW, and perhaps it's a better example of what you're talking about, but by asking why a progression system is necessary I'm confident that you didn't understand my points before. Hopefully this helps.

What Mastery needs, is to be based on a wide range of categories and have tons of objectives and challenges to rank it up. Some could be essentially time based: complete X many of y mission type (these numbers would have to stay low, so completing objectives holds a higher priority long-term than rushing). Others would be achievement based: Go undetected in a spy mission. Now do it x many times. Others would be a challenge: Last an hour in T4S, or use a whole rifle clip without missing 10 times, or beat Tyl Regor using only a melee. And some would be weapon based: level 30 a launcher. Level 30 a bow. Etc. The point is, the combined mastery would show lots of skills had been acquired by the player to make completion possible, rather than absolutely nothing as it exists now.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

On May 31, 2016 at 6:21 PM, Fifield said:

Excellent Ballista change.  Likewise with the enemy plasma grenades.  I have literally never seen one in the game but I do die 'randomly' from time to time.  The audio signature should help.

Bombards should either have super slow missiles that will follow you from room to room or have much slower turning circles.  They should also not punchthrough pillars.

I think Sapping Ospreys should be toned down and and Mine Ospreys seriously buffed.  I think the shields of Shield Lancers should be immune to punchthrough, and Grineer should use this as a tactic to get their melee units into range.

Re: starting capacity... nice but check out this solution.  I think it's a lot better:

Trinity

I honestly like the current Bless better.  I think one frame should have  75% damage reduction as a main ability but it should be much shorter, around 8s and not spammable.  Nor should it be on the frame that is the best healer and only energy provider.

Even after the nerf, Trinity was the most powerful frame in the game.  Now you've buffed her.  How are the other healer frames supposed to compete?  If you're planning a nerf to Energy Vampire then good.  But rather than taking an axe to it, have a look at this suggestion:

Also, remake her first skill.

Scaling

Grunts die in 1 shot in everything but Sortie 2+ and raids... and I can't even trigger a single shot.  When I first started playing Warframe, I had to be tactical.  I had to use cover.  I had to actually think how to approach fights.  Nowadays I can literally aim roughly at the floor with a Sonicor and everything dies.

The elite units are fine but the grunts need a serious HP buff.

Most of the people complaining about scaling don't know how to mod, or feel entitled to sit in endless for an hour and then complain about the enemy being too hard.

We need missions where enemies start harder but scale more slowly eg we want missions starting around level 100 (like Sorties but with a 2x damage buff instead) but that scale half as fast.  I know Void is being blown but but as an illustrative example:

T1 starts at level 40 but only scales to level 70 after an hour.
T2 starts at level 60 but only scales to level 90 after an hour.
T3 starts at level 80 but only scales to level 110 after an hour.
T4 starts at level 100 but only scales to level 130 after an hour.

Actually, since you have kinked in-game scaling now, difficulty should ramp up in the first few minutes (as a warmup), then slow down as above.

With a 2x damage buff instead of 3x, they should be doable by every veteran player and every frame.

I've been trying to get some feedback on my idea to change the EHP and damage curves:

Lastly, think about how to make solo easier.  They have to face up to 900% more armour, get no free revives, have to kill twice as many enemies per player and get half the rewards.

Here we go no you don't use trinity the use of other healing frame is nezha and oberon both need rework not center your attention on trinity the strongest frame in the game is not trinity lol lets just say its not even a frame its a mod 

On 5/31/2016 at 6:19 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

Well, I'll be . . . I was pushing for this so hard. Kudos on actually adding it.

Yeaaaaaaah.... can we turn off the FF on the Hyekka masters? Not overly fond of running an invasion only to get torched by these walking FF machines. Pretty sure the rest of the grineer will agree too. Not sure if this was supposed to already be fixed, but I'm still getting it at least. See issue here.

I know I'm a console peasant who hasn't had a chance to try these, but usually by the time we get changes, no one seems as interested in feedback or tweaking changes. 

1. Please do not give Nyx that passive. I would so much rather have no passive. I don't care if it doesn't disarm until my ability ends. Do you have any idea how often we might recast Chaos or Mind Control and still want our victims to have their guns? If you absolutely have to do this, please give us a way to turn off passives. 

2. Trin....To me the latest change looks like a quick band aid to quell some of the DR complaints while you guys go back and figure out the real blessing rework. This cannot be it. Flat damage reduction takes away what made blessing great - it rewarded thinking and perfect timing. It still seems to me that healing should be global even if DR has to stay 50m. She has no real cc or aoe, so please let her at least be really good at the support role she has. It may be a good idea to go back to the previous equation where DR was the square of the teams average health and tweak that but still have a cap. I'm playing around with an idea using power strength, but I need to work out a few more calculations before I decide if it looks right to me. 

3. Please make Mag's polarize do % shield/armor removal, the damage cap could stay if it has to, but changing to a flat value for removing is a serious step backwards in reworks. Same with Volt, cant his 4th do % based damage? Or, if damage needs to stay as is, make it so the enemies cannot come out of the cc from it until the duration ends?

I have so much more to say, but most of it will mean more once we get our next update with all of this and I can really test some builds. Please take your time to work out some of the many pages of kinks in the current reworks first, though.  

On a side note, it will be a telling test of the reworks when consoles do get the update since we will be doing the Rathuum event with rework/nerfed frames. When we do, please keep listening to feedback. 

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

Ok DE so this is how this fails and please correct me if I am missing something.

In practice the mod mastery update makes far less sense unless bugged or not achieved its full developement. 

Essentially if you've not already figure out or tested - you still need to level the frame in order to unlock abilities at previous stated president ergo none of the abilities are available for the mod level of the frame. Making the mod mastery update level an empty benefit.

I'm not saying I'm not missing something, I probably am. However, its not really continuous mastery if allows you to add mods to the vessel without them actually been used until you go through the same banal grind you had to prior to the update. Which, still makes mastery laughable as it really doesn't exist for much else other than trades. What does it benefit the game barring that and this very unbeneficial update? I hoping this is not as intended. It really doesn't do anything at the moment.

Yeah, bit salty. I looking forward to the update cause I thought it might stand for something. Keep at it DE. Looks like the mark was missed on a variety of subjects between updte 18.12/13. 

Edited by Haldos
Removed bashing.

On 1/6/2016 at 8:04 PM, spacedkadet said:

I miss-read it like that too the first time, but what actually will happen is that the weapon/frame will be level 0 but will have slots points as per your MR. so for me a new weapon will be rank 0 but will have 22 points to spend (44 with a potato). I guess that means it won't start gaining new points until the weapon level catches up with your MR. This is a nice change, no more weak weapons with no mods on the first time out.

Now that the update is out, I acknowledged you are right. Good to be wrong about my past opinion, after all :D

In response to the following,

On 5/31/2016 at 6:19 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Long term:

The bigger picture is the way enemy damage and EHP scales in the higher level content. We are discussing a few options at this time on the way scaling works, but ultimately we will preserve increased difficulty over time that demands a 'be careful and get out or get killed' set of stakes the longer you spend in a mission.

I have a set of suggestions that I believe to be a "low-cost" alternative to infinite enemy scaling in endless missions. By "low-cost," I mean that the following suggestions already exist in the game in some form, or I believed they wouldn't require significant development time to implement. These suggestions aim to preserve the perceived effectiveness of player resources while maintaining the above-mentioned "get out or get killed" set of stakes.

The primary problem I see with infinitely scaling enemies is that it trivializes players. There's really nothing but cheese available to counter the incredibly frustrating imbalance of player EHP and damage output to those of the enemies. All other tools provided to the players become severely ineffective while the enemies grow infinitely stronger.

First and foremost, I think that players should never quite lose that feeling of power, especially when facing increasingly challenging content. Thus for endless missions, I would suggest that individual enemy scaling have a strict ceiling, after which the individual mobs stop receiving increases to their EHP and damage output.

To bring back a desirable set of stakes once said scaling ceiling is reached, any combination of the following should occur.

Progressive Enemy Evolution

This sort of already exists ingame. I would simply have it further refined to include the newly included and some forgotten enemy units for more diversity. The Grineer currently have the best potential for progressive difficulty increase, especially with the new executioner units. For the Grineer, this slope could proceed as follows.

Base units --> Heavies + Elite units --> Eximi --> Nightwatch --> Executioners

The smarter, deadlier units should normally appear in small numbers, but of course we could vary that (and the order they appear) for some extra spice and mission variety.

The Corpus are a bit more difficult to segment this way than the Grineer because they have fewer "tiers" and more "specialty" units (I would suggest phasing out Nullifiers completely in favor of the Combas and Scrambus, but that's for another post). I'm sure a similar setup could be drawn out for them as well as both Infested and Void factions.

Increasing Enemy Density

Increasing amounts of enemies should be funneled into the players' locations, ideally proportional to the density of players in a particular area, turning into perhaps an overwhelming torrent of enemies if all players are present. This is already present as well, to an extent, though more easily seen in Excavation missions than others as players usually remain in one spot for extended periods.

I mainly saw this from playing sortie-level Corpus Excavations, you can be easily overwhelmed by large numbers of enemies. I think it would synergize well with my other suggestions if implemented properly. I'd primarily like to see this behavior refined for Survival missions. Of course, there would have to be some limit to this as well for a smooth rendering experience.

Ammo Scarcity

My last idea is to indirectly limit a squad's ability to linger in a mission by eroding the amount of resources sustaining them. I think the simplest way to achieve this is to have enemies drop decreasing amounts of ammo, possibly starting the moment they hit the scaling ceiling or after a certain wave number/survival timestamp.

With the current mechanics of ammo restores, I believe they would not significantly affect the practicality of this suggestion.

I believe these changes, if implemented in some form, would have a net benefit on gameplay, namely:
- More consistent damage output for players
- More weapon diversity available than current "meta" selection
- High-level missions retain a desirable set of stakes and intensity

All said and done, I acknowledge that these are not the only available alternatives. I've seen several other suggestions such as rotating environmental hazards and Operator Fatigue, all viable means to a end. However, I wanted to introduce or reiterate ideas that used or tweaked existing game assets.

I'll be sure to tweak this post if I see any issues or ways to expand on the ideas listed. Thanks.

Edited by Joystiqs