Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 4: Hotfix 18.13.2 information & more!

[DE]Rebecca

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Long term:

The bigger picture is the way enemy damage and EHP scales in the higher level content. We are discussing a few options at this time on the way scaling works, but ultimately we will preserve increased difficulty over time that demands a 'be careful and get out or get killed' set of stakes the longer you spend in a mission. The long term of this will demand a greater Dev Workshop as we make decisions on the topic - more to come here.

Well in the long run also Riks-Reward system should be looked at. More effort should reward the player with better rewards. So after each cycle AABC the chance to get rare drops increases and it is lowered for the common ones. Also resources as rewards on high level void mission are not desirable ;)

Bonus : Control Module as rare drop in void - wouldn't it be better to replace it with Neural Sensors. I think the drops would be more balanced through the star chart and the Void then.

Spoiler

Update 13.3

Blessing: On cast, Blessing restores all shields and health. Damage reduction for the duration of the skill is now based on the greatest percentage of health healed (i.e. if you have a squad with members whose health you healed 30%, 40% and 90%, all party members will receive Damage reduction at the greatest percent, 90% in this case). This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

Update 18.13.2

"Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods). We are working on making the squad UI show who is in range with the Tenno Affinity markers, it might not be ready for 18.13.2."

This should make the use of Blessing more passive, greatly benefiting players using macro's.

Is how i read the dev workshop part 4 tool tip. 

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

A Tenno with a keen ear will be able to identify these threats and counter them with an accurate shot before it's too late.

Hi, I am a Tenno that plays without any sounds by the choice I made! Does that mean that I will never be able to identify a threat before it's too late?

This is wrong. Please, for the love of God, make visual indicators of grenades being thrown! Look up Mass Effect and other shooter games, I beg of you!

some solid nullifer suggestions 

Nullifier energy drops
by imnotamoose_

"Nullifiers should drop Energy Orbs when killed when the bubble is still active:
Yes, Nullifiers do drop Energy but I mean drop Energy Orbs in the manner that Oxium Ospreys drop Oxium. If you run into a Nullifier's Bubble and kill them, it should guarantee you an Energy Orb drop. That Bubble has to be powered by something.

Its a small detail really, but it would definitely be appreciated. Any other suggestions similar to this? Like giving destroyed Pods (spawned by Boilers) a high Health Orb drop rate?"

Slower Nullifier Movement
by coffeeismyfamily

"Nullifiers have huge heavy backpacks, so slow them by 30% or more. Make them a little stronger in personal defence department. They should not be able to run fast enough that they can catch up with a Warframe. Change enemy AI to have them prefer advancing in a nullifier field to compensate. Make field projector project a donut sort of field instead of total bubble: i.e., the energy is projected in a ring at the top of the pack, meaning it provides good AoE protection but leaves the pack vulnerable from the top.

Nullifiers would still fulfill their current "you have to change up your game and come fite me" role but reward bold and intelligent players. Better than the current situation where they eventually become a wall of "turtle formation legionnaire" type obstacles. Make one nullifier worth several, so they're more memorable and less annoying. Also, take the damn Lanka off them. It's a massive component of the "cheese" feel of high level void runs, capable of one-shot kills on most frames in the game. They're a giant slow glowing target: the one combatant generally never given a sniper weapon."

So Trinity got nerfed again and became even more boring to play since Blessing is based of Strength now so I don't need to bother looking at health values anymore. The biggest problem I have with the Trinity nerf is the ridiculously small range. It just doesn't work for most missions and raids. It needs to go back to having infinite range. Scaling of range mods just seems too much then because I'm going to need a lot of range, a lot of duration and then a lot of strength to reach the 75% cap. It seems like you forgot that you made LoR and JV balanced around this ability. I still can't imagine how I'm supposed to complete it now with a bunch of randoms without having to spam health pads everywhere.  

Edited by (PS4)adam4213

Speaking of scaling and enemy EHP, armor needs to not scale at all. The infested just have high health and in general no significant resistances, the corpus have shields that regen but can be bypassed by toxin. But the grineer have armor which for 1 scales and 2 for heavy units starts at 62.5% reduction at base (500/(500+300) = 0.625), yet the only way we can bypass this is either by bleed or corrosive procs which requires high status to be reliable, finishers, armor strip abilities/augments or corrosive projection (the worst band aid mod made mandatory ever).

Then there's the damage gap between Alloy and Ferrite armor depending on your elements, in my testing i have found that Radiation+Toxin/Corrosive+Cold that the armor with the 75% bonus takes more than 2x the damage than the 25% ie for Radiation+Toxin Alloy would take over 2x the damage than the Ferrite would basically making it so that half the faction are bullet sponges and the other half has optimal damage.

Then there is viral which has no benefit other than say for a shotgun to take advantage of the half health proc because in terms of raw damage it does the same damage as Radiation+Toxin vs Ferrite armor and vise versa. So other than for its proc if desired Viral has no value as you would do more damage against half of the faction and the same vs the rest.

This is why i don't understand why Alloy isn't just a straight upgrade from Ferrite ie same weaknesses/resistances but different percentages. If the intention was to make elites bombards bosses etc take less damage, why don't you just simply increase their base armor rather than over complicating the mess that is damage 2.0 with even more complexity.

Also while on the topic of armor, could you please look at Bursa, the damage they do is bad enough but the fact that they have Alloy armor which has a resistance vs magnetic which 90% of corpus builds have. Basically forces you to bring a weapon with radiation damage (which is -50% vs proto shield) if you want any hope of killing them before they obliterate you without relying on some cheese method such as bladestorm, blind with 4x melee multi, low duration energy vampire etc.

No matter what changes you make, people are going to remain upset that the most freakishly overpowered warframe in the game got a nerf to her infinite range godmode heal. I honestly think that it is about time that Blessing got seriously looked at and rebalanced, instead of just getting a nerf here or there. There are many ways to take Blessing if you are willing to rework it entirely.

For example, you can make the range infinite again but completely separate the damage resistance into an augment mod for Blessing that has its own requirements to function. You can have Blessing apply healing over time instead of instantaneously healing to full health shields and have the damage reduction start high but gradually decrease as the timer runs out. You can actually give Blessing a power range value so players can modify the distance that Blessing covers at the cost of mod capacity and/or power strength.

Making minor changes to Blessing will just piss people off. I say we rework the ability, then rework Energy Vampire so it isn't so insanely good, rebalance endgame contentso it doesn't rely on having a pre-nerf Trinity in the party, and overall make Trinity optional instead of mandatory.

A good augment mod should change how an ability is used, not be a straight buff.

Disappointing.

Plasma grenade  change feels pointless. For low level missions they are not an issue. Grenades became certain death in high level missions , you are not gonna search for that grenade when bunch of nulls and bombards approach, all you can do is buzz off of that place and pray that endless stream of rockets will not kill you.

Ballistas change seems pointless too. I can't remember when i was killed by ballistas in sortie missions, well its because i haven't been killed a single time. Same as with grenade change, you are not gonna look for ballistas when high level napalms, bombards or scorchers are around.

Hyekka masters change is not even change, its a bug fix, that should have been fixed long time ago. Late to party DE, eh? Oh i forgot, DE took like 5 months to fix interception overlapping text.

What about other mooks? The kings of cheese - Nulls. No reworks? How about bombards and napalms? No? Scorchers?

General changes on enemy scaling doesn't look promising at all, because - 'be careful and get out or get killed', same as we have now. What about risk and reward? The higher risk the higher reward it should be, but instead we have AABC + RNG, enjoy your 5 gold cores after 80 minutes.

DE. its a fast paced game no one's have a time to babysit other frames. Blessing range nerf as really unnecessary, DR nerf should have been more than enough. Instead of dynamic play you'll get dead end + tonkor abuse.

That free forma is just insulting. You think you'll throw rotten bone and everyone will cheer you up? Think again.

Derelict Defense C
Derelict Survival C
Tower I Capture
Tower I Defense C
Tower I Exterminate
Tower I Mobile Defense
Tower II Capture
Tower II Exterminate
Tower II Survival A
Tower III Capture
Tower III Defense C
Tower III Mobile Defense
Tower III Sabotage
Tower III Survival C
Tower IV Capture
Tower IV Defense A
Tower IV Exterminate
Tower IV Interception B
Tower IV Interception C
Tower IV Mobile Defense
Tower IV Sabotage
Tower IV Survival C
Tower III Sabotage
Tower III Survival C

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

no. because it will interfere with other parts of the game.

Then how about the following :

• Rather than we pick it up we can deflect it with our melee weapons, either when its about to land near us or after it landed (this require Visual cues) even when we spin attack.
  • When we pick it up, we do front roll and while we in it we get 6 dimension control where we can gun enemies while flipping.

We throw it at nearest enemy, this way the flow of combat is maybe slowed but solid.

Just because you don't want this doesn't mean the rest of 17 million out won't either, i like melee but its quite lackluster in what it does, this way it may give melee something that will start other things!

Also you can still shoot the cookie but now you have more choices on how to "eat" it, shoot it, toss it, or golf it! 

7 hours ago, Tsoe said:

and wut about chroma not having real passive at all?

Chroma having no real passive at all, Oberon taming dumbf*ck wildlife AI, Nekros gaining 5hp per enemy dead in 10m or Equinox gaining 2hp per energy orb and 2mp per health orb sounds equally useless for me.

It's good to see they try to listen to the community. It can be hard at times; to make anything out of so many reactions, I know, heh.

The changes to Trinity - I think, if they absolutely must hard-cap the damage-reduction to 75%, they should definitelly either restore the infinite range of Blessing or at least, for its' healing part. Currently, the way it is, the Affinity Range of 50 m promotes only one thing: Camping. Problem is, in some situations, the team has to scatter across the map, otherwise they're just being inefficient and flaiiling at the tasks at hand. Ex. Defences of any kind. The maps are too large in this game (that's good, keep it that way), for the teams to stay close-knit together under all circumstances. It is also quite fast-paced (and that is why I like it), for the healer's crucial ability to be so limited as to the range when sometimes it's matters of seconds for someone to live or die. I believe that doesn't work with the overall style and flow of Warframe. It's something to consider & I really hope that the team will find a better middle-ground than what is curently proposed.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

And now.... for Part 4! Dev Workshops: now officially with more parts than The Hobbit!

To continue from where we left off from Part 3, let's talk about enemy cheesiness.

Shovel in the ground on enemies: short term & long term.

In the short term there are enemies and enemy mechanics we are changing to reduce their cheesiness. These short term changes are coming in Hotfix 18.13.2 (should be tomorrow).

Enemy Plasma Grenades:

If you're like me and you have been playing a lot of Void Defense lately, it's more than likely you've had a mission failed due to one stray grenade from the enemy. These seemingly infinite-damage-scaling grenades of doom can be a death sentence, so here's what's coming:

Before enemy Plasma Grenades explode, they will live for 3 seconds after coming to a rest on the ground. Plasma Grenades can now be shot in air or when they are on the ground. When an enemy Plasma Grenade is shot and killed, it will explode and damage any enemies in range with no damage to you. A Tenno with a keen ear will be able to identify these threats and counter them with an accurate shot before it's too late.

Ballistas:

Ballistas will have telegraphing when they are winding up to fire off a round from their deadly Vulkars. An observant Tenno will be better able to identify and prioritize these threats.

Hyekka Masters: 

For now this is as simple as fixing the Hyekka Master’s Ignis dealing damage through walls.

Enemy Plasma Grenades:

This solves NOTHING, A: Remove them or B: Nerf them to do little damage as possible or C: Make them into another type of grande: Flash/Stun.

Your trying to hard....

Ballistas:

Once more, THIS SOLVES NOTHING!, nerf the goddamn damage on them, do you have super hearing Reb?, can you hear the slightest of sound, when your in a massive battle?, thats what I tought..,

NERF the Enemies don't just slap a fancy change on them.

Also, Limbo & Ash Rework, please...

Edit: Also really?, one little free Froma?, this is a insult to us players, a middle finger, do YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR PLAYER BASE?

Edited by LegionCynex
Missed Something..

Can we get 2 out of 3 of the electric riot shields chains removed? (the 3 chains being two seperate energy over time mechanics and slowdown for holding an ENERGY FIELD) I don't know about anyone else but the mechanic is worthless to me right now, waaaaaaaay too much weighing it down, only useful for slight shield placement adjustments, not for its intended use.

I actually really like almost all the changes made to the warframes (although Trinity changes and some passives seem a bit random) and Mag and Volt are now much more fun to play with.

The only problem i got, is that it is now literally impossible to do 'true' endless missions because we just cant kill the enemies before either they kill us, or we run out of air support, etc.

Please give us more scaling abilities.

10 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Uh... what's with the free Forma? I mean, for the people that actually needs it, having one for every day after 18.12.2 for a total of 7 Forma sounds much more reasonable.

Is it because these changes may ruin some builds?

Yea I was thinking the same. Just 1 is basically nothing and not even worthy of announcement.

7 hours ago, 4ever4gotin said:

Can Trinity's blessing still keep some of the risk-reward? I mean even just (flat amount %) + (healing %) or something like that sounds and feels better. This just screams KEEP ME ON ALWAYS.

I mean yes its still better than the current model, which hinders Trinity for playing with others. But it is sooo bland...

Also on a little minor note, Link Trinities (or suicide Trins if they're still called that), would practically disappear. Between the two extremes EVamp Trinities and Blessing Trinities, Link Trinities rely heavily on higher DR while having lower duration then bless Trins and having usually higher costing abilities to manage (as well as a strange perma death bug that has never been addressed nor fixed, it has been brought up on the forums on multiple occasions). We were the black sheep, kind of, and I would hate to see us get traded out for the boring blessing mentioned here.

Hide contents

Rrf1aSW.jpg

Well.... I know what I'm going to be playing tonight, living out the last memories...

If the power strength needed for reaching the cap of the new Blessing is a lot, Link Trins are basically gonna be the new blessers. When that happens, people will see how good Abating Link is with a melee trin or some good gun in general and will probably complain how good it is and we're gonna suffer further >.<

I hope I'm wrong about this cause the abating Link build is my favorive risk/reward set up.

Enemy armour and in relation to scaling isn't getting any attention apparently, DE when is enemy armour scaling going to be given a proper look for the long term? Trinity's ult was unfairly nerfed in regards to the healing amount based on the "average" damage taken by the people within vicinity of the Tenno affinity range, the fact you have to be in that range to get healed. As someone else has said, what about addressing situations where team mates are not in the 50m range? "Too bad so sad you weren't close enough?" This change ruined the effectiveness of trinity builds.