Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Find Isolator Bursas Rather Annoying?

Paradoxbomb

Denial Bursas and Drovers are a-okay in my book, but Isolator Bursas just seem to be much more aggravating to deal with by comparison. The main problems I have with these particular Bursas are:

• They're nearly unflankable (without ability use): A nice feature of the Drover and Denial Bursas is that they actually leave themselves vulnerable to being flanked during their various rocket/mine salvos, which makes it possible to take them out even if you can't use abilities for whatever reason. But Isolators just never seem to leave an opening and are almost constantly on you, which makes it almost necessary to use some kind of stun or have another player to distract them. While it isn't gamebreaking, it makes them all the more annoying in scenarios where you have no energy or are surrounded by Combas/Scrambuses/Nullifiers and can't cast anything on them, especially during Solo gameplay.
  • That one Shockwave attack: You know the one, the one which leaves you lying around like a potato for a good several seconds while the Isolator casually walks over and lines up it's shotgun with your skull for a clean one-two punch. Just... why? What's even the point of this abnormally long stun? At least the other Bursa variants have the courtesy to kill you quickly and keep their knockdowns brief.
  • Their Nullification mines are bugged to heck and back: Lemme start by saying that I much prefer the Isolators nullification ability rather than actual Nullifiers, since they (normally) don't obstruct my weapons and are relatively easy to destroy/avoid, but they seem to cause some rather noticeable issues. The first issue is that their power-locking is extremely erratic: sometimes the mine can hit you directly and stick to you, but you roll it off and suffer no consequences, but other times it can graze you or miss entirely but you'll be completely locked out of ability usage for the entire duration of the mine, even if you're nowhere near it's AoE. Additionally, there seems to be weird occurrence where any enemy standing in the vicinity of the bubble (but not necessarily in it) will take no damage, as if the bubble is generating some kind of invisible wall that's completely stopping your bullets.

Maybe the first two are a bit personal and I just need to git gud, but it would be nice if at least the third issue could be addressed since that's more of a bug than an issue of player skill.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Honestly, if you're going towards Drovers and Denials during their explosive salvo you're probably going to get tagged by all dat damage. There are better ways to get an opening. Almost every frame has an ability to reliably interrupt their AI, and several status procs will do the trick as well for the others (or in case of Modulars and Nullies). Try the electric or fire bullet jump mods if you have them.

I hear that the Isolator knockdown bypasses Handspring, but it doesn't bypass prevention effects. Atlas is immune as always. Frames with abilities that can prevent it (until it shoots a null mine). Comedy option: Fortitude+Sure Footed+Power Drift for 110% knockdown resist on any warframe.

I can't say that I've ever had issues with Null mines, personally. Except when they get stuck in scenery or something and you have no way of popping them, that's a little bothersome.

9 hours ago, EDYinnit said:

Honestly, if you're going towards Drovers and Denials during their explosive salvo you're probably going to get tagged by all dat damage. There are better ways to get an opening. Almost every frame has an ability to reliably interrupt their AI, and several status procs will do the trick as well for the others (or in case of Modulars and Nullies). Try the electric or fire bullet jump mods if you have them.

I hear that the Isolator knockdown bypasses Handspring, but it doesn't bypass prevention effects. Atlas is immune as always. Frames with abilities that can prevent it (until it shoots a null mine). Comedy option: Fortitude+Sure Footed+Power Drift for 110% knockdown resist on any warframe.

I can't say that I've ever had issues with Null mines, personally. Except when they get stuck in scenery or something and you have no way of popping them, that's a little bothersome.

The Drover/Denial salvos are actually easy enough to evade while still having a comfortable amount of time to flank and unload a clip of ammo into the Bursa's back. Granted you shouldn't literally jump into the explosives, and maybe jumping at a Drover deploying mines in a tight corridor is ill-advised, but otherwise it can be done without getting yourself murdered. But yes, status procs are nice to have when abilities fail you (assuming you have a weapon with a decent status), I myself find Ice extremely useful for slowing Bursas down to a crawl.

The Isolators knockdown is probably the most minor issue and tbh it is easy to avoid/negate for the most part, I'm just legitimately curious why it stuns you so much longer than any other Bursa shockwave or any knockdown in the entire game really. It's just plain not fun watching your frame lay around for several seconds, most likely getting pummeled to death by the Isolator and everything else in the vicinity. If ever there was any knockdown where it would be nice to have some kind of QTE to quickly recover, this would be it.

As for the mines, they're just fidgety I suppose. Sometimes they cause issues, sometimes they don't. But more often than not I find myself unable to use powers at the worst of times just because there's a mine 20 meters away on the map somewhere.