The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status vs Crit in Melee

Vidsurfer555

11 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Ah, cool.  Thanks for the heads-up.  Hopefully I can collect some spare electric status mods.

Edit: Looks like only the Rifle and Shotgun mods are available from there.  Baro is still necessary for the Secondary and Melee mods.  

Yeah, I realized that a few hours later while I was looking at the drop tables. =/

S'pretty crappy, tbh.

I thought Status Effects were supposed to dramatically change the behavior or abilities of the affected enemy, turns out all they do is deal damage or affect numbers to let you do more damage. Incredibly boring.

I like Puncture procs though, and am a-okay with enemies dealing less damage to my Banshee. If they stack, even better. I'd love a wide spread shotgun-type status-friendly weapon that deals puncture. (or a whip with puncture)

Fire/Impact/Electric stuns are about equally effective, just with different animations, Fire maybe having an edge because it supposedly spreads (i've never seen it happen). I'd like to say the stuns are nice for making enemies sitting ducks, but that's not true at all. Enemies will still "teleport" to cover while in the fire/stunned animation, the biggest benefit is they simply stop shooting at you while afflicted.

Edited by MechaTails

On 6/1/2016 at 1:30 PM, RealPandemonium said:

He also says that Gas procs and Viral procs are similar.  He doesn't understand the system very well, making this attempt at feedback unfounded.  

I say they are fairly similar because they affect the health of the targets 

Also as far as the effect of combo procs go, blast has the only physical effect 

Sure gas procs can affect groups but is mainly affects the health values of the targets 

All I'm saying is that there should be as physical effect and an effect that governs the opponents stats 

14 minutes ago, Vidsurfer555 said:

I say they are fairly similar because they affect the health of the targets 

Also as far as the effect of combo procs go, blast has the only physical effect 

Sure gas procs can affect groups but is mainly affects the health values of the targets 

All I'm saying is that there should be as physical effect and an effect that governs the opponents stats 

Gas procs create a Toxin explosion with 100% status chance.  Viral proc effectively doubles incoming damage for its duration.  Those are two very different effects.

Here you ask for CC on all procs, but you made no mention of that in the OP.  

On 6/3/2016 at 11:33 AM, RealPandemonium said:

Gas procs create a Toxin explosion with 100% status chance.  Viral proc effectively doubles incoming damage for its duration.  Those are two very different effects.

Here you ask for CC on all procs, but you made no mention of that in the OP.  

What you say is true but I'm taking about status procs on melee so you have to get up close and personal and that is not always good thing when you have 30 enemies barreling down your path especially when they are level 80 to 100. Especially when it is the corpus with their nullifiers and bursas  

all im asking is a bit of balance in terms in the combo procs 

Edited by Vidsurfer555

On 6/3/2016 at 0:44 PM, RealPandemonium said:

How would that manifest, in your opinion?

well 

Viral = movement is slowed line nova's molecular prime + health reduction 

Gas = toxin damge on range + blind for a short amount of time 

blasts = knockdown + reduce enemy damage for a short amount of time 

Corrosisve = removal of enemy armor + low chance to destroy main weapon (like loki's irradiating disarm)

Radiation = Enemy confusion +  upon death small chance of radiation proc released in a 5m radius (once target gets the rad proc, the tenno can continue to hit to increase) (oh and the target has to die when in the middle of the proc duration or it will now happen)

Granted this only works only for the melee not the primary and secondaries.