The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ability to opt out of sortie rewards you already have.

(PSN)B0XMAN517

There are too many sortie rewards that, to many players, are completely redundant and disappointing to receive. I'm referring to the Nezha and lens drops. I will be ignoring lens drops because DE needs filler items to have a large drop table and many people want them (and soties are the only place to receive them). 

Now onto Nezha. Once you have this frame getting it's part drops is practically useless and rather disappointing. Sure you can trade them (I think you can) for plat, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates dealing with traders and this seems to be a band aid in my opinion. What I propose is giving players the option to disable Nezha drops from the table if you so choose.

If this is bad because it removes 3 parts from the drop table, reducing the amount of times players might do the sorties (this could have negative impacts on DE). My idea to combat this potential issue is if you opt out of Nezha parts, the parts will replaced by other drops (to keep the drop table as populated). I, admittedly,  don't know what parts would replace Nezha parts so any ideas are appreciated.

Let me know what you think. Would you like to see this implemented? Is this thread bollocks? 

Edit: Would you like to see this applied to weapons as well?

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

10 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Did PS4 still not get the no repeating rewards/cores instead fix?

We did, as in if you get the drops it won't let you get them again and it resets after each season. My issue is if you have the frame you still have the parts in the drop table. What I'm proposing is having the ability to opt out of getting the drops if you already have the frame as the parts are kinda redundant at that point. However, this might just be a pipe dream.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

We did, as in if you get the drops it won't let you get them again and it resets after each season. My issue is if you have the frame you still have the parts in the drop table. What I'm proposing is having the ability to opt out of getting the drops if you already have the frame as the parts are kinda redundant at that point. However, this might just be a pipe dream.

I agree with this, i already have 2 Nezha Chassis and the Warframe itself, i dont really need a 3rd chassis in my inventory. I would sooner take the 25 (or 50) cores.

2 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

There are too many sortie rewards that, to many players, are completely redundant and disappointing to receive. I'm referring to the Nezha and lens drops. I will be ignoring lens drops because DE needs filler items to have a large drop table and many people want them (and soties are the only place to receive them). 

Now onto Nezha. Once you have this frame getting it's part drops is practically useless and rather disappointing. Sure you can trade them (I think you can) for plat, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates dealing with traders and this seems to be a band aid in my opinion. What I propose is giving players the option to disable Nezha drops from the table if you so choose.

If this is bad because it removes 3 parts from the drop table, reducing the amount of times players might do the sorties (this could have negative impacts on DE). My idea to combat this potential issue is if you opt out of Nezha parts, the parts will replaced by other drops (to keep the drop table as populated). I, admittedly,  don't know what parts would replace Nezha parts so any ideas are appreciated.

Let me know what you think. Would you like to see this implemented? Is this thread bollocks? 

Edit: Would you like to see this applied to weapons as well?

Would you rather just receive the 25 r5 right away? Because that's how it currently work. Although removing part of the rewards to increase other items' drop is a great benefit to players, it's not a good for the game. Why do Sortie after you easily get all your parts in first 3-5 days? A token system will be a better alternative or guarantee that a player will get the "special items" if >20 Sorties are completed. In the current Season (PS4), this will mean a guarantee Snipetron Vandal if a player has completed at least 20 Sorties (or however long the season will be). 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Would you rather just receive the 25 r5 right away? Because that's how it currently work. Although removing part of the rewards to increase other items' drop is a great benefit to players, it's not a good for the game. Why do Sortie after you easily get all your parts in first 3-5 days? A token system will be a better alternative or guarantee that a player will get the "special items" if >20 Sorties are completed. In the current Season (PS4), this will mean a guarantee Snipetron Vandal if a player has completed at least 20 Sorties (or however long the season will be). 

That's why I suggested replacing the Nezha parts (if you opt out of them) with other items so the drop table has the same amount of rewards. That said, I really like the idea of a token system.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

That's why I suggested replacing the Nezha parts (if you opt out of them) with other items so the drop table has the same amount of rewards. That said, I really like the idea of a token system.

Unfortunately, those other items you're thinking of are either 25r5 or 50r5. It won't be another item from previous Sortie, because that will reduce the rarity of Sortie items and further devalue Sortie. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Unfortunately, those other items you're thinking of are either 25r5 or 50r5. It won't be another item from previous Sortie, because that will reduce the rarity of Sortie items and further devalue Sortie. 

I'm suggesting adding new rewards in their place, Forma, boosters, credits, and such. These replacement rewards should not be so great that I can have my cake and eat it too, but anything is better than parts you have absolutely no use for (Nezha).

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

4 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I'm suggesting adding new rewards in their place, Forma, boosters, credits, and such. These replacement rewards should not be so great that I can have my cake and eat it too, but anything is better than parts you have absolutely no use for (Nezha).

I can see

• Forma BP but not pre-built Forma
  • Boosters are Void Trader territory so DE won't infringe on that
  • Credits? More rage will come if that's a reward. More players prefer R5

I agree that Sortie rewards are lackluster and frustrating but it's difficult to come up with "something fresh" every season. Sortie, much like other implementations (Baro, Syndicates, Simaris, etc.), become stale quickly for veteran players. DE will recycle, rotate, randomize, ransack, RrrRRrrrrRrr a set amount of rewards that will be unwanted once everyone has it. I understand that you want that one particular item but not getting say item is the artificial draw that a Free2Play game has. It's a way for DE to "entice" you to continuing playing the game. 

I am sure you've heard this already, but market and trade chat have 100% drop rate. RNG isn't your friend for Sortie? Run void/raid/vault or whatever, trade items for plat/items. I don't prefer the round-a-bout way to obtaining item (feels more rewarding for drops rather than buy) but if you want something, be proactive. Sorry, I went on a tangent.