The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE did not go far enough.

WARLOCKE

17 minutes ago, (PS4)I_AM_FIRED_UP said:

More difficulty doesn't mean more fun for every person. Eh

neither does no difficulty at all (what we have now, basically).

yeah well, maybe difficulty settings will be the solution to please everyone finally. i'm just afraid the only difference will be enemy lvls...

28 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

You know the end of this is somewhere in 2018, where it will eventually fall upon "wall latch" being called OP. Movement 2.0 will be argued to death in hopes of its  removal, leading to the end of sprint, due to running being too game breaking.

I expect even then that some will not be satisfied without atleast a good molesting of the crosshairs in the HUD with it's assisting of noobs.  

constructive and funny, kudos!

29 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

yeah I hope they implement the choice of difficulty option so the nerf brigade can stick with the low tier stuff  where they are comfortable with.. so tired of them ruining Warframe with their constant whining.

ahem, who are the biggest "whiners" these days on the forums i ask you? hint: "boohoo, 50m radius". my suggestion: let's just not resort to that kind of insult on both sides anymore, ok? complaints / critique are important and one of the things this forum is about. calling people whiners is whiny :P. peace.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

DE didn't go far enough, but that's because just like U19, these tweaks are coming in parts. and while frames do still get to cheese, the only reason we do it in the first place is because of how broken Enemies can be at higher levels. if you keep nerfing frames and not enemies, it's only gonna make things worse. we need to see tweaks to the enemy units before anymore tweaks to Warframes.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

As long as we actually start to see changes made to enemy scaling and loot tables within a few months.

needs to be sooner than that. these tweaks should be monthly at least, it's only tweaking numbers. DE would do well to tweak enemies as soon as they can to calm people down before they hit another wave of frames.

1 hour ago, WARLOCKE said:

Energy Vampire for example is one of the worst offenders in the game. It literally destroys the energy mechanic.

+1  let them go step by step tho,  the community wont handle it otherwise ^^'

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

DE didn't go far enough, but that's because just like U19, these tweaks are coming in parts. and while frames do still get to cheese, the only reason we do it in the first place is because of how broken Enemies can be at higher levels. if you keep nerfing frames and not enemies, it's only gonna make things worse. we need to see tweaks to the enemy units before anymore tweaks to Warframes.

needs to be sooner than that. these tweaks should be monthly at least, it's only tweaking numbers. DE would do well to tweak enemies as soon as they can to calm people down before they hit another wave of frames.

I think they should have tweaked enemies before frames, Well there were some enemy tweaks in dev workshop part 4

Just now, (PS4)I_AM_FIRED_UP said:

I think they should have tweaked enemies before frames, Well there were some enemy tweaks in dev workshop part 4

problem is if they did that, all you'd hear is "the game's too easy, frames needed working on before enemies, everything's trivial etc.". there was gonna be salt no matter who got it first.

they could always do both at the same time, but that would be too convenient.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

problem is if they did that, all you'd hear is "the game's too easy, frames needed working on before enemies, everything's trivial etc.". there was gonna be salt no matter who got it first.

they could always do both at the same time, but that would be too convenient.

ahahh yup but this forum wars is fun from the sides (I am a demon). Still gonna do 40 min of t4 surv, 40 waves of t4 def etc..  If I get close to hating the game I will take a break for a week but I am not pleased with some of the frame nerfes ( I don't like change)

1 hour ago, WARLOCKE said:

You do understand the reason they are in the game is because oif things like EV. Blame is on both ends of the spectrum.

That's kind of a Chicken Or The Egg argument.

Personally, I think even without EV they'd still be in the game because they are a perfect example of adding Contractual Boss Immunity: Players have special abilities which are taken away by specific mobs to act as "challenge".

ill say what I say with no apologies I really don't care much about sensitivity<< who the cap fits let them wear it>> so if  a mere word like whiner/ cry baby  rustle ones feather then there's nothing more to say.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

You know the end of this is somewhere in 2018, where it will eventually fall upon "wall latch" being called OP. Movement 2.0 will be argued to death in hopes of its  removal, leading to the end of sprint, due to running being too game breaking.

I expect even then that some will not be satisfied without atleast a good molesting of the crosshairs in the HUD with it's assisting of noobs.  

Yes I tend to agree with you. I imagine that people will start complaining that the frames move too fast, guns actually kill enemies, powers actually work as intended, and that the whole mechanics of the game are broken b/c it's way too easy for the "Elite" players and god knows we can't have anything too easy without the nerf yelpers starting up.

2 hours ago, ranks21 said:

yeah I hope they implement the choice of difficulty option so the nerf brigade can stick with the low tier stuff  where they are comfortable with.. so tired of them ruining Warframe with their constant whining.

Yes, you Sir Deserve a medal of Bravery for pointing this out. I commend you.

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

The enemies damage is nothing compared to their health pool. Especially grineer with their armor. Try killing a bombard with link.

I kill bombards with weapons, I facetank bombard's rockets with Link.  Not every ability has to kill something.

1 hour ago, DuskLegendary said:

Trinity herself can't even really kill enemies aside from EV spam

You're playing her wrong.  I don't want to be that guy but seriously, some frames require weapons for killing and abilities for other stuff.  To hell with Overextended low duration EV builds.  If your squad wants energy, they should be kissing your ... as for killing with trinity, I don't even do the self damage link crap.  I kill with weapons.  Not even tonkor, which is boring, inaccurate and slow.  

1 hour ago, DuskLegendary said:

Link doesn't kill enemies. At higher levels, that skill might as well be nonexistent.

I can stand in Juggie puddles with link on an survive, in sorties, whilst reviving fallen teammates.  Other than Valkyr, tell me who else can do that please.  Even Rhino/Nezha are going to have their extra 'skin' eaten away quickly. 75% DR is incredibly powerful and provides more than enough oppurtunity to  heal yourself or just blow the living crap out of whatever you are fighting.

Not even sure what the point of this post is, there have been two updates in a 5 day period (friday to wednesday) that deal with balance and cheese.  Give it another week?  A month maybe?  Yes these changes are and have been long overdue (I'm guessing, haven't been here but a year), but they are happening, they just cannot happen all at once.

10 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

ill say what I say with no apologies I really don't care much about sensitivity

too cool for school, huh. good for you.

3 minutes ago, MattM01 said:

Yes I tend to agree with you. I imagine that people will start complaining that the frames move too fast, guns actually kill enemies, powers actually work as intended, and that the whole mechanics of the game are broken b/c it's way too easy for the "Elite" players and god knows we can't have anything too easy without the nerf yelpers starting up.

instead of conjuring up completely exaggerated scenarios which have nothing to do with ops (or mine for that matter) line of arguments why don't you try to contribute to the discussion at hand?

btw i'd be totally cool with a built in energy regen to not only be dependant on rng drops.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

where it will eventually fall upon "wall latch" being called OP

I am best wall latcher there is!  If I cannot latch a wall that wall shall be nerfed!  So say we all!

scaremongering about warframe losing its identity because of something at least vaguely resembling game balance... it's getting old. so very old.

1. remove pizzas from you inventory.

2. don't pick trin.

3. start a mission.

4. finish mission.

... feeling like call of duty yet? no? there you go.

come to think of it isn't that pretty much a newcomer's game experience? omfg WE'RE ACTUALLY CALL O... ah wait, there's taxi, phew.

I disagree about the part of energy vampire. Energy is pretty easely obtained or maintained withour ev. Besides now that mastery ranks are tied to warframes and weapons I think the draco hype will soon die down which will also reduce the request of ev. Other than that ev is also often asked in raids but they are doable without. Not sure about nightmare raids though.

21 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I kill bombards with weapons, I facetank bombard's rockets with Link.  Not every ability has to kill something.

Uhm, your point? I was replying to kotsender who answered with the question: "link?" when DuskLegendary has said trinity has no abilities to kill which is true.

I don't need advices on how to kill though.

41 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

You're playing her wrong.  I don't want to be that guy but seriously, some frames require weapons for killing and abilities for other stuff.  To hell with Overextended low duration EV builds.  If your squad wants energy, they should be kissing your ... as for killing with trinity, I don't even do the self damage link crap.  I kill with weapons.  Not even tonkor, which is boring, inaccurate and slow.  

I can stand in Juggie puddles with link on an survive, in sorties, whilst reviving fallen teammates.  Other than Valkyr, tell me who else can do that please.  Even Rhino/Nezha are going to have their extra 'skin' eaten away quickly. 75% DR is incredibly powerful and provides more than enough oppurtunity to  heal yourself or just blow the living crap out of whatever you are fighting.

Not even sure what the point of this post is, there have been two updates in a 5 day period (friday to wednesday) that deal with balance and cheese.  Give it another week?  A month maybe?  Yes these changes are and have been long overdue (I'm guessing, haven't been here but a year), but they are happening, they just cannot happen all at once.

Yes, we're all very well aware of the utility that Link has, but that doesn't falisify my previous statement: that is that Trinity is a support frame and doesn't have any offensive moves. Link is self support that allows damage reduction. Yes, you can face tank all day long and kill enemies at close range, but that doesn't make it an offensive move, if anything, that's just self support. But in no way does this make EV overpowered, which is what I was discussing. If anything, this is a Link problem and not an EV problem, in itself. I never doubted Trinity's ability to solo, I've done plenty of hour long T4 solo's with her to know what I'm doing, I'm not using her incorrectly. 

What I'm saying here is, Trinity is support, and she needs to be left alone. Yes, she can reliably solo content and she further shines in a group, but she has no offensive move pool. Your weapons will be killing the enemies, even though I did notice EV takes off a sizable chunk of health... but this is one target, and not a group. And to be honest, I'm not sure what the point of this post is either. To rustle some jimmies maybe? Well, gg. Jimmies rustled. After all of these recent nerfs we get another post about why it didn't go far enough, it's gone plenty far. Let me lick my wounds and re-Forma my gear before we get anymore nerfs.

Edited by DuskLegendary

3 minutes ago, DuskLegendary said:

What I'm saying here is, Trinity is support, and she needs to be left alone.

15 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I don't need advices on how to kill though.

Apologies to both of you then, I completely failed at following the posts leading up to your replies :blush: To remedy that I went back and reread the posts leading up to it and yeah agreed, more or less anyway.  I feel Trinity could be left alone, not entirely if she should though, there are still ways to make her abilities better in the long run.  I can only hope the directions DE is taking leads somewhere good.  Though I fully intend to just wait and see rather than freaking out at the first steps as so many already have.

2 hours ago, WARLOCKE said:

They said the intent was to fix things that trivialize the game but left in far to many things that do just that. Energy Vampire for example is one of the worst offenders in the game. It literally destroys the energy mechanic. Warframes can still lock down entire rooms for extended periods ala Mirage, Frost, and Vauban spring to mind. AoE damage is still the choice of champions (tonkor, Simulor and some frames like Ash) with very little reason to ever bring single target weapons or powers. Control is still the same level of trivialization as before. Locking down entire rooms does not equate to a challenge. 

I guess the point of this post is a serious question that I dont think anyone knows the answer to. How far down the rabbit hole do the devs intend to go? Because right now the only thing these changes did was to create alot of bad will in the community. The game is still being "cheesed" and there is no end in sight. At this point I think the team needs to come out with a mission statement about what they intend warframe to be. Do not get me wrong. I think what was changed was great. It was long over due. But the real problem is it took you so long to do it that everyone now has a differing idea of what the game is supposed to be. And you cant blame the players because these changes have sent very mixed signals. I keep playing warframe because I love the game, but I also expect a challenge outside of hour 2 into a endless mission. But very few players are either on that level or even want to be. How can this be fixed? I dont know. Alot of questions and I have no answers. I guess im venting. But feel free to leave your answers in a RESPECTFUL manner. The last thing anyone needs is a another forum fight.

Are you mad? look what the current changes has done to the community now. Could you image a full frontal nerf like that would do to them. They would be rithing the floor from all the salt pouring out of their mouths. I agree that the changes are needed and i didn't bat an eye at the the valkyr changes and she is my main. But too much at once and some peoples heads would explode. They do need to get more done and its small steps that needs to happen. let the community heal up some before DE hits them in the knees again.

3 hours ago, WARLOCKE said:

They said the intent was to fix things that trivialize the game but left in far to many things that do just that. Energy Vampire for example is one of the worst offenders in the game. It literally destroys the energy mechanic. Warframes can still lock down entire rooms for extended periods ala Mirage, Frost, and Vauban spring to mind. AoE damage is still the choice of champions (tonkor, Simulor and some frames like Ash) with very little reason to ever bring single target weapons or powers. Control is still the same level of trivialization as before. Locking down entire rooms does not equate to a challenge. 

I guess the point of this post is a serious question that I dont think anyone knows the answer to. How far down the rabbit hole do the devs intend to go? Because right now the only thing these changes did was to create alot of bad will in the community. The game is still being "cheesed" and there is no end in sight. At this point I think the team needs to come out with a mission statement about what they intend warframe to be. Do not get me wrong. I think what was changed was great. It was long over due. But the real problem is it took you so long to do it that everyone now has a differing idea of what the game is supposed to be. And you cant blame the players because these changes have sent very mixed signals. I keep playing warframe because I love the game, but I also expect a challenge outside of hour 2 into a endless mission. But very few players are either on that level or even want to be. How can this be fixed? I dont know. Alot of questions and I have no answers. I guess im venting. But feel free to leave your answers in a RESPECTFUL manner. The last thing anyone needs is a another forum fight.

Before complaining about something not being nerfed, how about to tell DE to look at the bigger problems that have been looming over the game since? forever! Like enemy scaling and the dumb AI? Also, you can't really stop exploits and thats for any game. People will always end up figuring out new ways to make things easier. 

Edited by (XB1)Rey Za BurreI

3 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Yeah there's still cheese, but i think what they're doing is taking the "first step" towards addressing it, so to speak.

If they took steps any faster even people like us who WANT change will just flame at the insane amount of changes (and in many cases nerfs) I mean....I didnt like that my limbo got his new (albeit odd passive) and that was a BUFF!

]\'[