Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.2

[DE]Rebecca

9 minutes ago, Siraphine said:

Only if there's constantly enemies available. Trinity is a SUPPORT frame. Meaning she SUPPORTS and SUSTAINS her teammates. Trinity has no real combat ability outside of her weapons, so it's not really an exploit. If Trin could self sustain herself and use that to constantly use damaging abilities, SURE. But she doesn't. It's not an exploit.

Thank you.  Thank you for trying to point it out but I doubt they will hear your reason.

Also, To maximize EV, Link and Blessing, her two best survival skills don't even last 2 seconds for their respective buffs.  It is "infinite energy"  but only if she stays well protected by her allies.

The starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

1. Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.

2. Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting Mod capacity is 20.

3. Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

The formula is:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (x2 if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

But I fail to understand this. This would only affect Newly crafted weapons?

Is this cap is 30 for non-reactor items and 60 with it or you meant that there is an even higher cap I'm not aware of.

If I have a mastery rank of 16, this means my new weapon has a base of 16.

Reactor = x2 = 32? (Unless you rank the weapon above your own rank I supose?)

Am I getting this right?

The revert on Hysteria is perfect for valkyr, i'm on board with her changes.

For trinity I'd still like to see unlimited healing range, and 50m DR range. I like the Idea of being able to spilt up on interception, spy, etc and not have the trinity trying to race around to heal, while you must be near her to get any DR. But I like the 75% cap on DR in exchange for no self damage, that's a good compromise.

I'm happy to see that MR is finally actually worth more than an, "I'm better at wasting my life away than you" badge.

Time to rub an ex-clanmate's note in it -- He was perpetually rank 6 because he refused to try any new frames or weapons. "I can play Rhino Prime forever!"

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mag Changes & Fixes

• Improved the FX of Mag’s Polarize.

• Fixed Mag’s Crush FX not playing properly for Clients.

• Fixed Mag’s Magnetize bubble being invisible when inside it.

• Fixed Mag dealing self-damage with Magnetize.

Mag's Polarize should do a percentage of damage, not a flat amount. It takes 48 polarizations to remove the shields from a Level 135 Corpus Crewman. 18.13.x ruined the ONE thing mag was good at and replaced it with bullet attractor spam that blocks any cross fire, it's like 4 tiny snowglobes blocking most of the map. 

The rework had the opportunity to bring Mag to a place where she is on par with other frames, now she is a walking corrosive projection. It was one of the few damage abilities that scaled. 

Edited by Pyus

13 minutes ago, Nyxxz said:

Crying about losing 99% DR, Just lol.

I'm sure there's more frames than Trin not having 4 useful abilities like, 90% of the Frames pretty much.

This is not about the 99% DR, this about POOR DESIGN, it's just 75% flat DR ALWAYS. Why would you NOT keep it active? Unless you're an EV trin who has no reason to bless besides just topping off that health.

The fact that DE kept that aspect of healing percentage scaling for the pre 18.13.2 because it was good design. It felt REWARDING for healing a low health person, and that's how game play SHOULD be.

This is LAZY and BORING.

1 minute ago, Olianu said:

Thank you.  Thank you for trying to point it out but I doubt they will hear your reason.

Also, To maximize EV, Link and Blessing, her two best survival skills don't even last 2 seconds for their respective buffs.  It is "infinite energy"  but only if she stays well protected by her allies.

No one ever does see my reason ;) Oh well. Sad that people don't seem to understand how supportive classes are meant to work in games.

35 minutes ago, DodgingCats said:

Good, good. Saryn Prime's shoulder tendrils are still clippy as hell instead of remaining still like Saryn's boa, but good.

Seriously, I hate to nitpick but this is honestly irritating and it's been this way from the moment you gave her to us.

zDJVcfd.jpg

Edited by DodgingCats
Added link to previous thread regarding boa placement.

Welp, the rest is 10/10 but RIP Trinity 2016. Finally got blessing right just to change it again days later to the absolute worst version it's ever had. Seriously DE- it's not too late. You'll see REAL quick that this change isn't going to work out. When you do, I can only ask that you change it back to what it was yesterday. It was perfect. Situational, not overpowered or underpowered. Balanced between solo and team play. Adaptable to any situation. The only things it might have benefited from were a max/min cap of 85%/30% on top of the existing formula and the ability to scale the range with mods.

I'm fine with the actual health damage polarize does being kept at a flat number, but the amount of shields/armor that it strips should be % to help with scaling

edit: also, please remove the damage cap based on the amount of armor stripped, polarize can't kill a lvl 1 butcher because they have more health than armor.

Edited by Kirrn.Valanthe

1 minute ago, Siraphine said:

No one ever does see my reason ;) Oh well. Sad that people don't seem to understand how supportive classes are meant to work in games.

I can see the reasoning here, as if with self damage, trin loses a damage capability as she has to have one weapon to damage herself, and not too much, meaning late game enemies feel a tickle to it. This meant that trin only had two weapons at a given time for actual combative usage. Unfortunately, people will not see the problems with this as the change will cause more people to steer away from a Bless Trin (people like me) and steer them towards using broken frames like Inaros, Wu Kong, Zephyr, and Valkyr to stay alive. Frames that take one button to press for you to win and not have to worry about your own life or teammates. This is a bigger issue sprouting from the Trin NERF

2 minutes ago, 4ever4gotin said:

This is not about the 99% DR, this about POOR DESIGN, it's just 75% flat DR ALWAYS. Why would you NOT keep it active? Unless you're an EV trin who has no reason to bless besides just topping off that health.

The fact that DE kept that aspect of healing percentage scaling for the pre 18.13.2 because it was good design. It felt REWARDING for healing a low health person, and that's how game play SHOULD be.

This is LAZY and BORING.

Yeah, throwing a Glaive under your feet to damage yourself allowing you to get the max percentage was a really cool design !!

While not a perfect design, Glaive or Hikou your own face for a good blessing was absolutely hideously dumb design.

6 minutes ago, Siraphine said:

I'm happy to see that MR is finally actually worth more than an, "I'm better at wasting my life away than you" badge.

Time to rub an ex-clanmate's note in it -- He was perpetually rank 6 because he refused to try any new frames or weapons. "I can play Rhino Prime forever!"

If he doesn't try any new weapons or frames then he's never going to use the MR mod capacity bonuses on new weapons and frames anyway so why would he care if his MR is low? He can just keep playing Rhino Prime forever :P

35 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Possible fix for Chroma’s Effigy being invisible and dealing no damage as per: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/653506-chroma-effigy-bugged/

Oh, good. A fix for Chroma. But, still no fix for him not having a proper passive or for his coloration issues as per: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/615004-chroma-coloration-issues/