Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.2

[DE]Rebecca

59 minutes ago, Siraphine said:

It's what Trin does. It's not //FREE//. It costs the Trins energy.

And it's a pain to use when too many party members start spamming nukes. 

Now Blessing, 75% capped, i don't know what to think, one part of me is happy that people will finally learn to dodge roll for increased damage reduction(I literally made people wonder why i wasn't taking too much damage against level 100+ enemies), one part is unhappy because variable Damage Reduction made Blessing a very timely and rewarding ability. Oh well, I can already see the spam...

Edited by DreadWarlock
Mistake

21 minutes ago, Nyxxz said:

Yeah, team not being forced to self damage themselves to 1% hp and have quick thinking enabled to get 100 times more shield EHP surely is sad ! I am devastated this isn't working anymore ! (not)

Oh boy another person that can't read. So frequent these days.

If you'd actually taken two minutes to properly review what I said- I included the comment that it could have been improved by adding a MINIMUM DR CAP that is given at ALL TIMES so the team can always get a reasonable DR without being damaged. Additionally- 99% DR is damn near overpowered and IS NOT NECESSARY for ANY parts of the game that DE INTENDS for us to play. There was NO REASON for the teams to have been damaging themself and trying to abuse the self damage function of blessing still. No reason at all. That's part of why the change was GOOD. You're just another one of the fools who can't stand not being able to cheese the game. Gratz- you got what you want. No skin off my back I'm just going to sit back and watch things burn because they will at this rate.

Just now, Stratego89 said:

Someone didn't read. I said they could have put a cap on Blessing with it's old formula (the newer average one not the old bad broken one)- if they were concerned about the 90-99% DR that MIND YOU was almost UNREACHABLE with the newer formula and ALSO that if they were concerned with the new formula making it too hard for Trinity to give their squad a decent DR they could have put a flat cap on the LOW end as well at something like 30-40% that wouldn't make link redundant in solo play. The issue is that now it does not adapt to any situation. No one needs to be damaged. There is no adaptability, no drawbacks. The fact that it's now a flat value at any time makes link COMPLETELY redundant in solo play. Everything about this change is bad. The formula they added a few days ago was perfect- it just needed tweaks in the form of low/high end caps and scaling range to make it perfect. Now they've ruined it and DE has shown time and time again they never go back to something they UNDO- so chances are it's gone forever. They'll see, you'll all see. This change is going to make trinity even more abusable than before and now unbalanced in solo play- which she was fine in before. I'm just gonna sit and watch as it all falls apart and ya'll see who was right.

Old blessing even with a cap forced self damage for good groups to get the most out of it, it's not perfect and something to interact with blessing would be cool, helping people at low hp etc(maybe nerf blessing to 50% but add something to emergency heal low hp people and give them a high damage reduction % for a few seconds)  This would have to be post scaling rebalancing as 50% would sorta be too little at current game in some cases.       

No need to worry about Trin, she will still be mandatory for raids and such

This is a good change for the time being, better than immortality and cheesing to get 99% DR with a QT equipped group 

22 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

They'll see, you'll all see. This change is going to make trinity even more abusable than before and now unbalanced in solo play- which she was fine in before. I'm just gonna sit and watch as it all falls apart and ya'll see who was right.

Quit being melodramatic.

Alright, as a fully-supportive player with T/Prinity as the favorite frame, I can imagine the last 2 fixes as reasonable in a fully PvP game, but in heavuly PvE-focused game, they seem purely game-breaking, saddening, infuriating and just unacceptable. Why? Have the NPCs complained?

Ok, beside not being able to save Tenno across the map in Intereception/Sabotage/Etc., I can't quite say the range nerf on the blessing is ridiculous, it's ok, but...

The 99% to 75% nerf?! AT MAX CAP?!?! The mobs have the ability to one-shot a medium survivability player at level FOURTY-FIVE. AND THERE ARE ONE. HUNDRED. LEVEL. MOBS.

And even the 45 ones often stagger a T/Prin player with QT(or simply murder one without one), making it quite challenging to play the game with the 99% blessing, so you always have to keep an eye on the counter(and that's with normal/higher power duration!).

But now we don't even have that?... Now all casting a blessing brings me as T/Prinity at levels 45+ is another half a second to live before getting wiped, as opposed to a chance for another action with 99%.

This is truly saddening, infuriating, and quite simply disappointing. And I'd like to remind that this is a heavily PvE-focused game. It almost feels like the developer/s are trying to make the game as un-enjoyable as possible. Please, PLEASE return the 99% damage resistance cap. Me and, I'm sure, other T/Prin players that simply want to be helpful to their team, would be VERY grateful.

Not too fond of the Flat damage amount, but still better than it was. Honestly the range being capped is the main issue right now, It really does not do much good for versatility of playstyles when you have to all be bunched together, and it probably just promotes camping a point in a map. I just do not feel like i should constantly follow people around as the healer, because getting a group to all stay close together is frustrating for both the Trinity and the group members, Setting caps for damage. or in Trinity's case range, ruins so many builds. Trinity with high strength is needed to make EV faster and more effective, but now it is also needed for bless, so if you want a decent DR you have to have it last almost no time at all due to mod slot limitations and corrupted mods reducing stats to maximize others.

It is going to be hard to find an acceptable middle ground here for bless, but I definitely believe the range restriction is the biggest problem right now, I am interested in seeing how this is all resolved, as support is my favorite role to play, having one of my Mained supports nerfed as heavily as this is quite problematic for me. Mirage will probably take some time to fix up as well if you are going to change stuff, which I hope you will since Sleight of Hand as stated by numerous people is not a very useful ability.Combine that with the Prism nerf to the point where it hardly seems worth using as it barely hits anything due to the cluttered terrain.

Again, I know people are on both sides of the fence with changes to these Frames, but I feel like the teamplay aspect of both support frames has been reduced tremendously. Looking forward to seeing the next update.

To make WoL better and balance EV:

EV should be changed to give energy only to the caster unless cast on a WoL target, which then would give energy to the team.

What this would do:

1. Bring WoL back from the dead, and give Trinity four powers to work with, rather than three
  2. Make it harder to supply energy super, super, super fast (WoL would almost always have to be recast between EV casts, preventing spam)

I'm sure players can still use EV to create a lot of energy, but I think this would make it about twice (if not more) as slow compared to right now.

6 minutes ago, Dalicris said:

Alright, as a fully-supportive player with T/Prinity as the favorite frame, I can imagine the last 2 fixes as reasonable in a fully PvP game, but in heavuly PvE-focused game, they seem purely game-breaking, saddening, infuriating and just unacceptable. Why? Have the NPCs complained?

Ok, beside not being able to save Tenno across the map in Intereception/Sabotage/Etc., I can't quite say the range nerf on the blessing is ridiculous, it's ok, but...

The 99% to 75% nerf?! AT MAX CAP?!?! The mobs have the ability to one-shot a medium survivability player at level FOURTY-FIVE. AND THERE ARE ONE. HUNDRED. LEVEL. MOBS.

And even the 45 ones often stagger a T/Prin player with QT(or simply murder one without one), making it quite challenging to play the game with the 99% blessing, so you always have to keep an eye on the counter(and that's with normal/higher power duration!).

But now we don't even have that?... Now all casting a blessing brings me as T/Prinity at levels 45+ is another half a second to live before getting wiped, as opposed to a chance for another action with 99%.

This is truly saddening, infuriating, and quite simply disappointing. And I'd like to remind that this is a heavily PvE-focused game. It almost feels like the developer/s are trying to make the game as un-enjoyable as possible. Please, PLEASE return the 99% damage resistance cap. Me and, I'm sure, other T/Prin players that simply want to be helpful to their team, would be VERY grateful.

It pains me to say this but, 75% is more than enough, learn to roll, use cover. That's how you survive level 100 enemies even without the help of a Trinity. I just did a sortie yesterday with a team comprised of Day Equinox(me) and a Limbo, I only fell when my ammo ran out(who the hell had the great idea of limiting our weapons in an excavation?) 

Edited by DreadWarlock

6 minutes ago, Nyxxz said:

I said it before and I'll say it again, it's not perfect but it's better than potato QT cheesing strats.

They could maybe oh idk.. just make it NOT COUNT SELF DAMAGE?... with the PREVIOUS formula that DIDN'T make it a "Press 4 to win" button?

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank

What is the point of this change, I thought it was the level of my gear that would be changed? I must have misunderstood your devstream because I thought I would get a weapon/frame at my MR=L after I formad it. That would have made sense. I have already wasted, yes right now it feels like I have wasted 1000h on this game and not having to spend a lot of time leveling weapons/frames would be preferred.

1 hour ago, Nyxxz said:

Yeah, throwing a Glaive under your feet to damage yourself allowing you to get the max percentage was a really cool design !!

While not a perfect design, Glaive or Hikou your own face for a good blessing was absolutely hideously dumb design.

You know, ALL of your examples are not about the design, those are EXPLOITS,  THE METHODS OF ABUSE. Methods that SHOULD have been fixed.

That design mechanic's INTENTION was to be risk/reward, but DE forgot to cover all bases, and this EXPLOIT rose. You weren't supposed to do this, this is the root of my frustration. What should have be dealt with.

But even yourself proven something, of how short sighted reasoning would lead to even the best intentions astray. DE made a step forward in bring Trinity out of this monotonous playstyle of just "Pressing 4 after XX seconds" with the percent heal change. What is she now? Isn't she just that macro-ing play style of just press 4 over, and over, and OVER after the duration expires? THE VERY thing, the CHEESE that DE is trying to get rid of?

Differentiate all the values: Design, Mechanics, Intended Use, and Exploits. You think I want it like before? No I don't, I wanted tangible, meaningful changes. 

Not like this.

Not like this at all.

Edited by 4ever4gotin

Just now, Varangian_af_Scaniae said:

What is the point of this change, I thought it was the level of my gear that would be changed? I must have misunderstood your devstream because I thought I would get a weapon/frame at my MR=L after I formad it. That would have made sense. I have already wasted, yes right now it feels like I have wasted 1000h on this game and not having to spend a lot of time leveling weapons/frames would be preferred.

You may want to consider how it would have impacted Special Weapon trading if all our newly acquired weapons began at a nonzero level. DE would have had to concoct a big, messy workaround for this if they had gone ahead with the previous iteration of their plan.

I think this is a fair compromise, and DE deserves a little compliment from me for catching that hitch and saving themselves a lot of work.

4 minutes ago, Varangian_af_Scaniae said:

The issue with that idea was that people would be getting FREE Master pts because they would make a weapon or buy it off the market and it would be at the MR. So a MR20 would get 2k pts FREE for every weapon they make and 4k for every frame or partner (6k for sents due to weapons). So instead they are giving you capacity pts equivalent to your level :d

Edited by Kaoru_Sugimura

1 minute ago, Alenkj said:

Shield Polarize is now as Relevant as Slight of Hand, Well of Life and Spectral Scream but whatever xD

They changed her from a Corpus killer to a corridor stopper and with a Trinity in the squad Mag is a great Corrupted/Grineer support. But hey I have not tried her yet so she might be good.

36 minutes ago, EnS_PunisheR said:

Depends, I've failed my "jumping" rank up 19 days in a row.

DE needs to add something in so people can pay Plat to pass a rank up. Still once a day obviously but it would help some people pass through some of the joke challenges.

Bad idea, you can practise it in Cephalon Simaris's area on the higher level of the relays

"Open Squads" is a problem falsely telling people that there are squads open to join when there's actually none. Can this be fixed? Today's 2nd sortie  3 squads were ""open"" but that wasn't even the case.

3 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

They could maybe oh idk.. just make it NOT COUNT SELF DAMAGE?... with the PREVIOUS formula that DIDN'T make it a "Press 4 to win" button?

Since it's based on HP rather than damage that would require quite alot of coding to sort out, but it would sitll promote people picking off all enemies but the weaky ones to get yourself low to get the max DR  and avoid getting healed up if you actually lost hp by combat.

A better solution to an active mitigation needs to come up, not HP based one