Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.2

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

You may want to consider how it would have impacted Special Weapon trading if all our newly acquired weapons began at a nonzero level. DE would have had to concoct a big, messy workaround for this if they had gone ahead with the previous iteration of their plan.

I think this is a fair compromise, and DE deserves a little compliment from me for catching that hitch and saving themselves a lot of work.

4 minutes ago, Varangian_af_Scaniae said:

Wrong quote.

Easy fix would be that you needed to level you gun/frame once and got the MR bonus when you used your first forma. This system is just ..........

Edited by Varangian_af_Scaniae

1 minute ago, Varangian_af_Scaniae said:

They changed her from a Corpus killer to a corridor stopper and with a Trinity in the squad Mag is a great Corrupted/Grineer support. But hey I have not tried her yet so she might be good.

Magnetize is great I can't deny that.
But people can't ignore that they effectively gave mag a dead ability. Polarize doesn't feel useful because it is FLAT reduction compared to %. 
Slight of Hand, Well of Life, Spectral Scream, Polarize, Fire Blast.

All abilities that are either useless, doesn't scale or is outclassed by other abilities in the frames kit. 
They all need to be removed/reworked.

1 hour ago, Ibro156 said:

What about Energy Vampire. It just a endless free energy to Trin and her teammates. just continuous free energy

You want to get Trinity to end up like mag? If people hate getting to much energy and heals go play GW2 not Warframe, The Holy Trinity for games like this is for people that likes, Support Roles, DPS Role and Tank Roles. Guild Wars 2 has no Holy Trinity and that maybe more fitting to play than Warframe.

There will always be a Holy Trinity in games, Always. I don't want Warframe copying Guild Wars 2.

Edited by UltimateGrenninja

the mr based mod cap a big mistake and well turn a lot of new players off of the game and adds a whole new level of grind to the game _ ie a mr 7 with a cat can put on a maxed serration were as new players will feel weaker/ cheated because there rank 0 dose less then a equal ranked weapon simplely due to that player haveing a higher mr)

5 minutes ago, 4ever4gotin said:

You know, ALL of your examples are not about the design, those are EXPLOITS,  THE METHODS OF ABUSE. Methods that SHOULD have been fixed.

That design mechanic's INTENTION was to be risk/reward, but DE forgot to cover all bases, and this EXPLOIT rose. You weren't supposed to do this, this is the route of my frustration. What should have be dealt with.

But even yourself proven something, of how short sighted reasoning would lead to even the best intentions astray. DE made a step forward in bring Trinity out of this monotonous playstyle of just "Pressing 4 after XX seconds" with the percent heal change. What is she now? Isn't she just that macro-ing play style of just press 4 over, and over, and OVER after the duration expires? THE VERY thing, the CHEESE that DE is trying to get rid of?

Differentiate all the values: Design, Mechanics, Intended Use, and Exploits. You think I want it like before? No I don't, I wanted tangible, meaningful changes. 

Not like this.

Not like this at all.

How many times do I have to say it's not perfect, but sadly better than what it was? 

ANd it's not an exploit, it's clever use of game mechanics. 

You're not breaking any bugs or doing something obviously broken like glitching yourself outside the map so enemies can't hit you(that's an exploit) It's not risk/reward to go "TEAM QT AT 1% HP" it's an Immortality Protocol

1 minute ago, Nyxxz said:

Since it's based on HP rather than damage that would require quite alot of coding to sort out, but it would sitll promote people picking off all enemies but the weaky ones to get yourself low to get the max DR  and avoid getting healed up if you actually lost hp by combat.

A better solution to an active mitigation needs to come up, not HP based one

Exactly. Something like how PoE has Cry skills where it is based off the number of enemies in the vicinity. That would be much better and more effective for late game than having allies literally Leeroy Jenkins themselves.

3 minutes ago, 01thanatos10 said:

the mr based mod cap a big mistake and well turn a lot of new players off of the game and adds a whole new level of grind to the game _ ie a mr 7 with a cat can put on a maxed serration were as new players will feel weaker/ cheated because there rank 0 dose less then a equal ranked weapon simplely due to that player haveing a higher mr)

First off, an MR 0 person isn't going to have a maxed serration, they probably won't even have a non-damaged serration.  That's like saying low MR people are disenfranchised because they don't have access to the MR locked weapons.  Also, since this is primarily a PvE game, that MR 7 person being able to put a serration on their fresh weapon is also helping you indirectly by killing S#&$ faster.

Edited by Kirrn.Valanthe

I'd be remiss if I didn't post in here that I think this is a pretty significant QOL improvement, and I'm glad DE decided to give it to us.

When somebody is clearly trying to meet you halfway in negotiations, the last thing you want to do is leave them regretting having been nice to you.

Thanks gang. ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

3 minutes ago, Kaoru_Sugimura said:

Exactly. Something like how PoE has Cry skills where it is based off the number of enemies in the vicinity. That would be much better and more effective for late game than having allies literally Leeroy Jenkins themselves.

While better this would also sadly promote people having a glob of enemies not killed off for the sake of DR (possibly perma cc'd by a Frost's avalance) depending on how powerful that DR bonus is, I like the suggestion but players being players will find a way to abuse that sort of tactic and would sadly make bless really bad(Possibly ,depening on base value etc) when there aren't more than "That one boss" around  

Thanks for the Mastery Rank Matters DE, and also stop screwing Trinity over 20 times fold. If you don't want players to have a healer frame just remove her from the game already. Also...

Trinity [ Best ideas for DE to think about ]

- Bless

----- Remove from affinity range

----- Give base range [ able to be scaled with range mods ]

----- Make it useful again 

You say in your devstream that you want players to feel that they have the advantage over all factions.

This in terms include:

- Primary Weapons

- Secondary Weapons

- Melee Weapons

- Warframes [ Abilities ARE included with this category, correct? ]

Personal Opinion:

If you say something about having players feel that they have the advantage, stop nerfing everything to the ground and pretty much removing any use of said weapon / warframe from the game.

Thanks~

1 hour ago, UhOhHotdog said:

What does it even matter? Stop screaming for more nerfing, it does not matter in the slightest that trinity is able to restore everyones energy. People like you are a problem, always crying for a nerf. Warframe does not need any more of that.

Am just saying Trin's EV just breaks the energy mechanic ingame. It's arguably worst idea introduced into the game. It's just recycles free energy with no penalty attach to it. And also saying "people like you are the problem", doesn't really help your side. If you feel strongly against my though, feel free to make constructive criticism.

12 minutes ago, UltimateGrenninja said:

You want to get Trinity to end up like mag? If people hate getting to much energy and heals go play GW2 not Warframe, The Holy Trinity for games like this is for people that likes, Support Roles, DPS Role and Tank Roles. Guild Wars 2 has no Holy Trinity and that maybe more fitting to play than Warframe.

There will always be a Holy Trinity in games, Always. I don't want Warframe copying Guild Wars 2.

I've personally never played "Guild Wars 2", so I can't fully 100% understand. Trinity would still have quite alot value to her. She wouldn't end up like previous Mag. The fact she has link to reflect the dmg increases her survivability drastically. Then her first ability well of life, gives her health by making target a penyatta. Then Bless is just far superior to any healing ability ingame. She still has amazing value to her. Am just saying Energy Vampire was a MASSIVE mistake they made. It outright destroys the energy mechanic ingame. By allowing her to cheese through the content and making it so her team stay top up 24/7 with no repercussion. Nonetheless she would still have amazing value to her team when sticking with their support.

Edited by Ibro156

As somebody who has played Mag as his main since starting the game (44% usage between Mag and Mag Prime), both in and out of Corpus missions, and having had the opportunity to play around with her in and out of the simulacrum over the weekend, lemme throw down some advice.

Two things need to happen with Mag if you want this rework to work, DE. Higher energy pool (she's a caster who relies on range, strength, AND duration, why does she have the lowest possible energy pool in the game?) and scaling Polarize. Even throwing down a Fracturing Crush first, she has serious trouble keeping up against armored targets past rank 60-80, and she doesn't have any augments to aid her against high level shielded targets, who can absorb that 1196 max shield damage like it's nothing and then just regenerate it before she can even throw down another because lol out of energy after a single cast if you're running max power strength. I get it, rank 80+ isn't where you envision gameplay right now, but scaling Polarize keeps her relevant no matter where you play her. Give it a cap at like 40% or something if you're worried about people modding to strip 100% of armor instantaneously from every enemy in a 50m range or whatever. I mean, she can strip 100% in like two or three casts already from most enemies in the 40-50 range if modded properly now, so giving Polarize its percentage-based damage back seems entirely reasonable-keep the explosion damage non-scaling if you're worried about her being a nuke, but give her some kind of ability to keep up, you know?

Speaking of shields, you should also change shield transference to grant overshields in correspondence with depleting enemy armor. Still won't do anything for her in infested missions, but at least she'll have some reason to put it on outside of Corpus missions, and I thought that was what the whole rework was about, making Mag work outside of Corpus missions.

These three things will make this rework actually good outside of infested missions. She'll still be completely useless in those missions, because no shields no armor not weak to magnetic damage, but it's a start.

And thank you. Thank you for at least acknowledging that Valkyr had no way to exit Hysteria without instantly dying with that ridiculous range bubble.

2 minutes ago, Aebara said:

As somebody who has played Mag as his main since starting the game (44% usage between Mag and Mag Prime), both in and out of Corpus missions, and having had the opportunity to play around with her in and out of the simulacrum over the weekend, lemme throw down some advice.

Two things need to happen with Mag if you want this rework to work, DE. Higher energy pool (she's a caster who relies on range, strength, AND duration, why does she have the lowest possible energy pool in the game?) and scaling Polarize. Even throwing down a Fracturing Crush first, she has serious trouble keeping up against armored targets past rank 60-80, and she doesn't have any augments to aid her against high level shielded targets, who can absorb that 1196 max shield damage like it's nothing and then just regenerate it before she can even throw down another because lol out of energy after a single cast if you're running max power strength. I get it, rank 80+ isn't where you envision gameplay right now, but scaling Polarize keeps her relevant no matter where you play her. Give it a cap at like 40% or something if you're worried about people modding to strip 100% of armor instantaneously from every enemy in a 50m range or whatever. I mean, she can strip 100% in like two or three casts already from most enemies in the 40-50 range if modded properly now, so giving Polarize its percentage-based damage back seems entirely reasonable-keep the explosion damage non-scaling if you're worried about her being a nuke, but give her some kind of ability to keep up, you know?

Speaking of shields, you should also change shield transference to grant overshields in correspondence with depleting enemy armor. Still won't do anything for her in infested missions, but at least she'll have some reason to put it on outside of Corpus missions, and I thought that was what the whole rework was about, making Mag work outside of Corpus missions.

These three things will make this rework actually good outside of infested missions. She'll still be completely useless in those missions, because no shields no armor not weak to magnetic damage, but it's a start.

And thank you. Thank you for at least acknowledging that Valkyr had no way to exit Hysteria without instantly dying with that ridiculous range bubble.

I have not looked into post rework mag so not gonna comment on that, but old Mag was simply broken.

What I will say though is mag ABSOLUTELY SHOULD have more energy, at LEAST 150 energy for Mag.  Possibly 175.

15 minutes ago, 01thanatos10 said:

I... what? There's literally no change to what an MR0 person can do with his equipment from what it was before. This just makes it so that MR1+ players can start putting mods on their equipment a little earlier than they could before. Once you get a weapon up to rank 30, everybody's mod capacity is the same.

That's how I'm reading this, anyway.

Posting these in every patch notes until we get a response or they are changed.

PBR'd Prime frames are still in dire need of a "trim" color option.

And, Nekros is unable to Desecrate certain enemies if they play a preset death animation.

7 minutes ago, WeissSchnee. said:

Thanks for the Mastery Rank Matters DE, and also stop screwing Trinity over 20 times fold. If you don't want players to have a healer frame just remove her from the game already. Also...

Trinity [ Best ideas for DE to think about ]

- Bless

----- Remove from affinity range

----- Give base range [ able to be scaled with range mods ]

----- Make it useful again 

Making Bless scale with range mods would be really bad actually.
NarrowMinded for the DR Duration would make Bless Have No Range.
Overextended would lower your strength making the DR Buff Worse.

Let's keep it how it is.

17 minutes ago, Alenkj said:

Magnetize is great I can't deny that.
But people can't ignore that they effectively gave mag a dead ability. Polarize doesn't feel useful because it is FLAT reduction compared to %. 
Slight of Hand, Well of Life, Spectral Scream, Polarize, Fire Blast.

All abilities that are either useless, doesn't scale or is outclassed by other abilities in the frames kit. 
They all need to be removed/reworked.

New Magnetize makes Mag pretty viable. I wrecked today's Sortie 3 using 1 and 2. I cast 3 a few times but didn't see that it did anything much aside from overcharge my shields and make little glowy shards on the ground.

Polarize still needs a little help.

1 minute ago, Alenkj said:

Making Bless scale with range mods would be really bad actually.
NarrowMinded for the DR Duration would make Bless Have No Range.
Overextended would lower your strength making the DR Buff Worse.

Let's keep it how it is.

That is true, but it would also bring a new front to having different builds set for trinity other than a pure bless or a pure ev type build.

In short, this allows a mix between a bless / ev build if modded correctly.

But my main issue is that fixed range with the affinity limiter all in all.

1. The "starting mod capacity" changes isnt what I expected and isnt really something I wanted. Still gotta find that sweet exp lootcave to re-rank. High MR still means virtually nothing even if now my unranked frame can take that maxed redirection and primed flow/continuity right away. All it means is running the lootcaves got easier from the start. Draco still #1 exp farm to re-rank gear.

*** This change has actually made re-ranking confusing now. At what rank does the frame start gaining more mod capacity now? Tried adding more mods after re-ranking to rank 13, but theres no new mod capacity available. Guess I need to grind the frame back to rank 21 before theres more capacity available? This is a very poorly concieved change. It does nothing to address the re-ranking grind that people just aid "F this I'm going to the lootcave LF EV RJ BUFF" burnout style gaming that people are already experiencing

2. Ballistas... what? This is the change? A high pitched squeal? Seems somehow lacking and totally not helpful to anyone who might be listening to music instead of ten million gunshots

**** Running a survival, didnt even notice the wind up sound. Still had no idea where the shot was coming from. Just wham, a bunch of health gone. "Whats ticking my health down like that" *finally hears a wind up sound after killing the mobs surrounding* "Oh...." ** A laser pointer for the sniper instead of a quieter-with-distance drowned out by gunfire cant listen to music sound would have been much better.

3. Mag... meh, polarize still doesnt scale. Hows the dust treating you Mag? Don't choke...

4. Valkyr I will be trying out soon. The change made doesnt really effect much though until hysteria runs out which any decent build with duration and efficiency can prevent, or when turning hysteria off because there are no more enemies. is a noob frame, and my "f-this I dont want to try today" frame, still is. Rework is barely felt.

5. Still no change for excals slide-blind in EB draining 50% as much energy as RB but being 25% as effective. Excal players have stated they would rather the slide blind was just removed altogether. GG ignoring them.

6. Hyekka masters... 1 broken enemy being able to damage you behind cover down, a bunch to go.

7. FREE FORMA... ... ... doesnt make up for a thousand hours spent getting certain frames set up an exact way only to have that exact way get nerfhammered into the ground.

8. The big one, Trinity. Its been said more than enough times already just in this thread. 75% flat damage increase hurts solo players, encourages just pressing 4 every 30 seconds, has no risk/reward that a 99% self damaging trin had. You guys really have it in for your support frame huh? All she is, is a walking battery to most now. Link is still decent for solo survival but that does literally nothing for a team.

Edited by giantconch