Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.2

[DE]Rebecca

Had to post. The people saying this game is destroyed aren't getting it. The ones using caps and text styles for emphasis are making me nauseous.

What nobody seems to notice is that we are getting a remarkable slowdown in terms of features things that would flesh the game out and help bring it out of this "beta" nonsense.

Some problems/solutions:
1. Return to making changes/additions both fun and useful. Updates in the early closed beta days came with sweeping changes to things that ultimately made the game better. The devs weren't afraid to try new ideas. This is what sets Warframe apart. We see radical stuff every so often now, but nowhere near as frequently. I'm too old to give a ____ about getting good at an arena shooter, so I log into this game. I don't care about balance. The vast majority of players I meet (doing almost exclusively public matching for a sickening number of hours) are of this mind. The ones that do want the game balanced are an extremely loud vocal minority.

2. New player UX. I know it's been said it'll be addressed, but "crying wolf" comes to mind. No ideas, just a gripe.

3. The star map. Good lord, the star map. If you're going to nerf anything, nerf the ability for people to jump ahead. Which brings me to...

4. Raids, new map layouts, etc. The orokin moons were a great start, but fizzled out. One hits R21 and there's nothing left to do -- except gather resources to make sure one's resource pool is fat enough to afford the next Blender model. While I'm severely disappointed with Doom 4's snapmap (bye bye compiling & building mods from tools and source), a snapmap-esque tool would be a killer feature in Warframe. In a nutshell, extra content should be centered around progression and replay value, not frames and guns. We've already got ten thousand of those. If you run out of stuff to MR, just copy/paste everything and add the "Vandal" suffix. If we're all honest here, we know that kind of thing is already in the card deck, may as well do it to buy time for fleshing out the rest of the game.

5. I often joke that a future update could strip the content of the game down to a model of a slot machine with one bind for "pull lever" and nobody would notice. This always gets laughs and agreement. The grind in this game isn't even a "grind". It feels exactly like gambling. This is severely problematic. At minimum, we need a mechanic where void rewards aren't duplicated during individual runs. Three guaranteed different rewards for staying 60 minutes seems fair.

This is already long enough :). I'm still logging in & adding to your active player count. Despite its problems, Warframe is still the best catch-all shooter on the market. Keep up the good effort, but please, do try to steer the ship in a different direction...

I do not agree with your direction of operation, but it is your company not mine. Instead of enticing your players to play certain module, certain play style, certain variety, you force them to play. For example if your players see no value in MR, you add value to it.  Instead you force them to either play it or you can't advance or disadvantaged.

It would be great if players merely leave the game, grieving or not. Because with the on-going fiasco of undoing players' efforts and money, not sure the bright ones will continue to fork out money. If they stayed, they will continue to use your service without paying, leading to more expense with no income.

Since you are a service provider, you shouldn't be counting on support, provide good service you get paid, else you don't. That is the basics of business. If I want to support an organization, there are plenty of charity organization in urgent need for a sponsor. If I support bad service, I cannot blame anyone but myself. Like noobs and Rhinos, bad habits run deep.

1 minute ago, Kahme said:

I do not agree with your direction of operation, but it is your company not mine. Instead of enticing your players to play certain module, certain play style, certain variety, you force them to play. For example if your players see no value in MR, you add value to it.  Instead you force them to either play it or you can't advance or disadvantaged.

It would be great if players merely leave the game, grieving or not. Because with the on-going fiasco of undoing players' efforts and money, not sure the bright ones will continue to fork out money. If they stayed, they will continue to use your service without paying, leading to more expense with no income.

Since you are a service provider, you shouldn't be counting on support, provide good service you get paid, else you don't. That is the basics of business. If I want to support an organization, there are plenty of charity organization in urgent need for a sponsor. If I support bad service, I cannot blame anyone but myself. Like noobs and Rhinos, bad habits run deep.

Fixing broken stuff is undoing peoples effort and taking their money?  If so.... Bye

Also, can I have your stuff?

Hate to be a downer, but the MR change accomplishes nothing. Absolutely nothing,

The whole point of the MR change was that it was supposed to lessen Draco fatigue. The system, as it stands now, fails miserably at that. I still can't fit all my mods until the equipment/frame is at 30, and I'll still have to rank up my weapons/frames to 30 multiple times to forma them. The way you implemented the system doesn't reduce the number of times I will Draco by even 1 run.

If anything, all this system does is make running Draco easier, since now I can at least put something on my weapon/frame.

This will not reduce Draco fatigue even in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, malekas said:

Hate to be a downer, but the MR change accomplishes nothing. Absolutely nothing,

The whole point of the MR change was that it was supposed to lessen Draco fatigue. The system, as it stands now, fails miserably at that. I still can't fit all my mods until the equipment/frame is at 30, and I'll still have to rank up my weapons/frames to 30 multiple times to forma them. The way you implemented the system doesn't reduce the number of times I will Draco by even 1 run.

If anything, all this system does is make running Draco easier, since now I can at least put something on my weapon/frame.

This will not reduce Draco fatigue even in the slightest.

the new system isn't useless at all.  While it might not shorten the time it takes to level/forma weapons it at least makes them useable at rank 0.  If you're MR is in the mid-high teens, and the weapon has a catalyst, you should at least be able to get your basic damage+multishot mods on there, along with some QoL/crit mods depending on how many polarity slots you already have.  This way, you can take your freshly forma'd weapon into a higher level mission or even some of the mid tier/nonendless void missions and they'll perform alright, instead of being forced to backpack level them/take them to low level missions to get those initial weapons out of the way.  Plus, if you really want to, Draco is still there to cheese your way through the formaing process.

5 minutes ago, Nyxxz said:

Fixing broken stuff is undoing peoples effort and taking their money?  If so.... Bye

It isn't? I see. You know the game says "Free to play", that is something that we players need to work on, playing without paying.

8 minutes ago, Kahme said:

Unlike the guy who posted below you, I actually understand what you're getting at here. I write business code for an entity that shall remain nameless, and let me tell you, we are severely in need of outside parties coming in to tell us we're not providing value. It would be an added bonus if those parties also suggested winning ideas... +1 if you come back to do just that. The constructive part of "constructive criticism" involves more than just a rant ;).

Still no fix for core philosophy of the game changing from "Badass in your face Space Ninja" to "Be careful and get out or get killed". The game is straight up annoying to play. I don't wanna spend 50% of my time on the floor if i refuse to play hyper defensive frames. It's genuinely unenjoyable to play anything but Frost right now. Even as Nova when slowing all the enemies, they still oneshot me in super slowmotion with a single strun shot. Feels incredibly frustrating. If this genuinely becomes the new core gameplay philosophy, this game is doomed to fail. Your playerbase is willing to go through almost ANY content stretching and milking DE, but if you take away our gameplay experience of being a badass tenno? You might genuinely kill the game.

1 hour ago, Stratego89 said:

Someone didn't read. I said they could have put a cap on Blessing with it's old formula (the newer average one not the old bad broken one)- if they were concerned about the 90-99% DR that MIND YOU was almost UNREACHABLE with the newer formula and ALSO that if they were concerned with the new formula making it too hard for Trinity to give their squad a decent DR they could have put a flat cap on the LOW end as well at something like 30-40% that wouldn't make link redundant in solo play. The issue is that now it does not adapt to any situation. No one needs to be damaged. There is no adaptability, no drawbacks. The fact that it's now a flat value at any time makes link COMPLETELY redundant in solo play. Everything about this change is bad. The formula they added a few days ago was perfect- it just needed tweaks in the form of low/high end caps and scaling range to make it perfect. Now they've ruined it and DE has shown time and time again they never go back to something they UNDO- so chances are it's gone forever. They'll see, you'll all see. This change is going to make trinity even more abusable than before and now unbalanced in solo play- which she was fine in before. I'm just gonna sit and watch as it all falls apart and ya'll see who was right.

If they did that, it would have been worse. Having a very annoying control and then a cap is quite bad to me.

I never wanted to do the self damage other bless commonly do. After all, their complaints about the self damage bugs? Not cool at all.

and having a 75% cap isn't very abusable. It's only a 1/4 damage reduction. 

Not to mention, the range is tedious. when enemies can-one shot you, they will probably do enough damage to take out a great portion of your shield.

Bless only affects shields. So with the 75% damage reduction only goes to shields and as we all know, no-one mods for shields(as a bless trinity).

You'll probably run out of energy before you could cast another bless in the intense heat of combat(In high levels for a highly modded frame). Hence making trinity a support.

And yes, we will see who is right. Because the high damage of enimies with the use of link is kinda off.

EX: Bless+link-> 100*.25*.25=6.25% damage taken-> Put that in high levels, next to three enemies, that are actively firing at you. and your pretty much taking dedicated damage.

For something that's meant to reduce damage taken. 

However, I do agree on one point, it could be abused, with multiple Bless trinities, you could stack 75% damage reduction. but ehh, too much work for me.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

The starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

1. Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  2. Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting Mod capacity is 20.
  3. Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

The formula is:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (x2 if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Does this apply to kubrows too?

Thanks for fixes

Not bad...not GREAT (Trin, Excal & Mag still nerfed to uselessnes) but okay... workable.
Honestly still unhappy about how Excal was finally brought up to a power scale that made him viable for end game, and now he's back to start and mid level only. -sigh-.

That being said, you guys are at least listening and sorta trying to fix the broken fixes you fixed us with.

Keep trying and hopefully you'll get the ballancing done properly and fairly.

54 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

Your playerbase is willing to go through almost ANY content stretching and milking DE, but if you take away our gameplay experience of being a badass tenno? You might genuinely kill the game.

Yep.

If I want to knock it out with min-max players I'll play WoW. I play Warframe to blast those Infested critters into space for rehab, not play WoW 2.0.

Warframe is a niche different from OTHER games. Change WF to play like the other games it competes with them. Why would I want to play something I already play, and put years in and leave that, to play the same way here ... especially when frames change overnight???

Take examples of the best from the rest. Leave the cruft behind.

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

tarting Mod Capacity Changes:

The starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

1. Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.

2. Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting Mod capacity is 20.

3. Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

The formula is:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (x2 if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

I do Agree with this change at all . It punishes the new players who now will only have 1 mod slot when they start a frame. It forces people to go up the Mastery ranks if they want a higher amount of Mod slots to start off a new weapon with. And more importantly It Alienates new players from the vets. Who now wont have a need to farm on the starter planets. Although Maybe I am a bit wrong in this thinking as the weapon or frame is still ranked 0 but you can have more mods on it ?

Now maybe I am misunderstanding this.. I could be but that it what it sounds like to me. Am I wrong.. 

Edited by DarthMelchom

Does the Mastery buff only take effect to items that has a forma/just built? I say this because i have a weapon i just got the day before the Hotfix and the level of the weapon is at lvl 15 but the mod capacity has not changed... Also pls fix the weird elbow licking glitch that happens randomly in the arsenal.