Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Mari's Corpus Skins + Other Various Tennogen-Related Things

Ivara's helmet looks interesting. You can restore symmetry btw. There was a quick tip answer on Zbrush twitter as far as I remember.

As for the whole sculpts, well I'd recommend to hardsurf-shape the main forms, then go into details. Like this: create a basic shape with zspheres, adjust it so you have a general form, then go to the next subdivision level and start to shape some mid details, adjust again, then go to the highest subdiv level and work fine details. And remember - you can go to the lower subdiv level any time and this is a blessing since reshaping main forms and mid ones when you already have millions of polygons is just messy (IMHO). Also, I'm using trim, hpolish and dem-standard brushes for building the forms. Try these ones, I bet you'll get a better result :)

I've heard blender can imitate trim and polish brushes however, and it has that carve one, so you can try these tips in blender too. Oh, and you can upload custom mats for sculpting in blender too, I think there were several vids on how to implement zbrushy matcaps in blender floating around on youtube.

Good luck! ^_^

7 hours ago, Lucha said:

Ivara's helmet looks interesting. You can restore symmetry btw. There was a quick tip answer on Zbrush twitter as far as I remember.

As for the whole sculpts, well I'd recommend to hardsurf-shape the main forms, then go into details. Like this: create a basic shape with zspheres, adjust it so you have a general form, then go to the next subdivision level and start to shape some mid details, adjust again, then go to the highest subdiv level and work fine details. And remember - you can go to the lower subdiv level any time and this is a blessing since reshaping main forms and mid ones when you already have millions of polygons is just messy (IMHO). Also, I'm using trim, hpolish and dem-standard brushes for building the forms. Try these ones, I bet you'll get a better result :)

I've heard blender can imitate trim and polish brushes however, and it has that carve one, so you can try these tips in blender too. Oh, and you can upload custom mats for sculpting in blender too, I think there were several vids on how to implement zbrushy matcaps in blender floating around on youtube.

Good luck! ^_^

Really? Interesting. I believe the problem lies within my lowpoly base I created in Blender (symmetry doesn't seem to be an option when extruding regions :// ), but I'll have to look into it whenever I can to see if I could remedy it.

EDIT: Found it, ReSym and Smart ReSym. However, they don't exactly come with optimal results. Smart ReSym looks better than the other.

tH7DcyG.png

Meanwhile, ReSym...

QGZchNBg.png

You're drunk. Go home. Drink some water.

Though it could just be my poor understanding on how to use it. I'll have to tinker with it more, and if all else fails, I can export the .obj at the lowest res subdivision and try to see if I could manually fix the mesh as much as I can. Either way, this model has some pretty bad symmetry issues. The best thing to do would most likely be to just start from scratch again, or relax the details as much as possible and see if I can't flatten the kinks out.

I'm not all too knowledgeable on Zbrush quite yet (I just recently got a trial of it, and with my poor internet, I can't really watch video tutorials.), so I'll have to mess with Zbrush myself with the suggestions you've given to me and see how they work. I'll definitely use the advice you've given me, thank you!

Edited by MissMarifire
added various stuff
59 minutes ago, MissMarifire said:

Really? Interesting. I believe the problem lies within my lowpoly base I created in Blender (symmetry doesn't seem to be an option when extruding regions :// ), but I'll have to look into it whenever I can to see if I could remedy it.

EDIT: Found it, ReSym and Smart ReSym. However, they don't exactly come with optimal results. Smart ReSym looks better than the other.

tH7DcyG.png

Meanwhile, ReSym...

QGZchNBg.png

You're drunk. Go home. Drink some water.

Though it could just be my poor understanding on how to use it. I'll have to tinker with it more, and if all else fails, I can export the .obj at the lowest res subdivision and try to see if I could manually fix the mesh as much as I can. Either way, this model has some pretty bad symmetry issues. The best thing to do would most likely be to just start from scratch again, or relax the details as much as possible and see if I can't flatten the kinks out.

I'm not all too knowledgeable on Zbrush quite yet (I just recently got a trial of it, and with my poor internet, I can't really watch video tutorials.), so I'll have to mess with Zbrush myself with the suggestions you've given to me and see how they work. I'll definitely use the advice you've given me, thank you!

Haha, I get such drunk meshes when I mess around with dynotopo XD Did you do it the right way? Masking one half and then hitting smart resym?

There is another way actually, if the method fails - you can build one half of the model, then retopologize it, import to blender, mirror and weld seam verts :)

1 hour ago, Lucha said:

Haha, I get such drunk meshes when I mess around with dynotopo XD Did you do it the right way? Masking one half and then hitting smart resym?

There is another way actually, if the method fails - you can build one half of the model, then retopologize it, import to blender, mirror and weld seam verts :)

Ah, okay. I didn't actually, I just hit smart resym. Masking and then hitting Smart Resym looks better, but I think for the best results I'm just going to do that last way you mentioned. It'll take a while, but I don't mind. I used to do it a lot back when I made some really small albeit incredibly bad MikuMikuDance props with Metasequoia around ~2012ish, cutting the models in half, mirroring, and reseaming them. Not proud to admit that, but I guess my weeb years were also my beginning years of 3D art. Though, once I fell out of MMD, I didn't really revisit making 3D models in general until just recently.

Edited by MissMarifire