Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sales On Market Items

ValhaHazred

I've noticed that dual skana have been on sale for a looong time. Is that going to ever change?

I think it would be a good idea to make the sale change to a random new item every week or so. 25% to 50% off would probably motivate a lot of people. It would certainly make me use more platinum in the shop. So far all I use it for is inventory slots and potatoes (and the occasional Sentinel. And Vauban)

Edited by ValhaHazred

That would be a so good thing to do, in my opinion.

But, wouldnt it prevent users to afford items when they want or need them, somewhat?

I know if this happen, i will wait for potatoes promotions. when it happens, if it ever, i would certianly buy wagons of them. But i'm guessing ... wont everybody just buy nothing, and just wait (with lots of hope, for sure) a promotion pops?

That's actually the idea. When big sales happen people buy truckloads of them. People who reeeaaaaally want stuff don't wait, especially if the sales are random and not necessarily guaranteed. And they would have bought them anyway, sale or no sale.

Basically the idea is in free to plays, there are several kinds of user. For some reason they are aquatic metaphors.

Whales- people who are made of currency and throw it at the game, usually not bothering to farm/grind/craft at all.

Sharks- people who spend money, but generally play it smart and only buy what they feel are necessities.

Minnows- people who only spend a tiny bit of money, usually on a few luxuries and sale items. Generally the largest demographic of any given FtP.

Plankton- the true FtP'ers who spend nothing.

So far the game is trucking on Whales and a few rich Sharks. Adding regular sales will boost income from Minnows, who can be a major revenue stream.

Edited by ValhaHazred

I quite agree on the fact random 50% items would certainly help DE get some income from minnows.

I would certainly spend bigger amounts of plats if every week a new item i would like but too expensive appeared :)

Things like colors palettes, for example ... 75 plats is way out of my possibilities (and desires) for this kind of pure cosmetic things. Currently palettes are for whales/sharks then?

So are those expensive warframes/bundles ...

I like this idea, but i do suppose if there are no promotions since i appeared ingame a few weeks ago, it's not because DE cant do it, it's because they dont want to do it.

Will see what future will bring ;)