The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The problem with Arcane distillers and their acquisition

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Why this is a problem for both players and DE: With the 50k standing to build an adapter, you simply can't accumulate enough Distillers to swap Arcanes between 29 frames all with different looks (I'm excluding non-primes that have a prime version). This results in many players keeping to just a few Sayadanas. I'm the type of player that used to buy all Syandanas and switch them around constantly, but now I only use two (one is the Asa so I can color it invisible in an attempt to make it universal). In one night of playing, I'll play with around twelve frames (Arcane Distillers simply can't keep up). Adding all the Sayandanas together is 1250p (to make life simpler on myself I ignored bundles). Because Arcanes keep you locked to a few syandanas, DE is missing out on a lot of potential plat drainers.

Potential solutions.

1. Remove Arcane Distillers and allow us to change Arcane Enchantments free of cost. DE could add two extra slots like they did for Exilus mods. They could also make it a menu in the focus options/room or elsewhere in the Orbiter.
  2. Have an Arcane Distiller bp that you research in a clan lab, I'm thinking energy lab, that costs a large, but fair, amount of resources. This bp could be reusable or handled like Fieldron.
  3. Make a reusable Distiller bp purchased from the market. This would either cost plat or credits. I think the cost should be rather high, 100p or 250k to 500k credits. Obviously DE would have to decide either plat or credits because having both wouldn't work.
  4. Make the Distiller a reusable bp from the syndicates for 100k standing or the full 132k.
  5. Make them a reward. I think the Derelict would be a great place to add these. They should be added to A or B rotations seeing as they're basically empty. This would add much incentive to play this otherwise unpopulated beautiful planet(?). The Moon wouldn't be a bad idea either, for the same reasons.
  6. DE could add Distillers to alerts/login rewards along with one of the aforementioned suggestions.
Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

49 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Why not just add 2x arcane slots for each frame, then you can use any piece of headgear or scarf you like without having to change anything around.

That's what I was trying to say in point 1. I'll edit it to 2 slots.

I have came up with another idea. 

We currently are able to use 2 arcane sets, one tied to warframe, one moveable through syandanas.

With that in mind:

- We should have another piece of equipment that would function like a cosmetic, in the sense it can be replaced, but not be visible. (Name it however you want) that would replace the function of an enhanced syandana. For example: Energize bracelet, Fury bracelet, etc (assuming it would be named bracelet).

- The second arcane set would be installed into a warframe's core, replacing the current funcion of a helmet, that would not be moveable, tied to each warframe, and that's where distillers would keep their current funcion, removing arcanes from a warframe's arcane core.

Simple solutions, everything would function just as it does now, even the distiller, but give us cosmetic freedom.

I spent a lot on prime accesses, own currently every one, but am not able to enjoy them to their fullest since form > function. A choice I shouldn't have to make, that no one has to make on other F2P games...

And even for those who haven't spent that much or anything at all, it is still unfair to limit their spoil of their efforts.

And lastly let's not forget Tennogen, an infinite stream of cosmetic possibilities (which sadly we on ps4 can't enjoy, yet) that are also limited by this system.

21 hours ago, (PS4)DanteVincent said:

I have came up with another idea. 

We currently are able to use 2 arcane sets, one tied to warframe, one moveable through syandanas.

With that in mind:

- We should have another piece of equipment that would function like a cosmetic, in the sense it can be replaced, but not be visible. (Name it however you want) that would replace the function of an enhanced syandana. For example: Energize bracelet, Fury bracelet, etc (assuming it would be named bracelet).

- The second arcane set would be installed into a warframe's core, replacing the current funcion of a helmet, that would not be moveable, tied to each warframe, and that's where distillers would keep their current funcion, removing arcanes from a warframe's arcane core.

Simple solutions, everything would function just as it does now, even the distiller, but give us cosmetic freedom.

I spent a lot on prime accesses, own currently every one, but am not able to enjoy them to their fullest since form > function. A choice I shouldn't have to make, that no one has to make on other F2P games...

And even for those who haven't spent that much or anything at all, it is still unfair to limit their spoil of their efforts.

And lastly let's not forget Tennogen, an infinite stream of cosmetic possibilities (which sadly we on ps4 can't enjoy, yet) that are also limited by this system.

I like this. The whole idea is to untie arcanes from cosmetics. I like the idea of your core arcane system as well. I just want to use the different syandanas I've paid for. I own all of the sayandanas, save for the ones that have come out after trials, and am limited to two of them.