Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot: How It Should be Nerfed

(PSN)LoisGordils

46 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

There was a skill tree but it's quickly ditched.

I am repeating myself but still: everyone has Serration, not much progression related to that. If it was built-in, I could use some actual modding for the weapon, like reload, magazine, punch, all that stuff, like actual attachments. Of course, it's the same for multishot, heavy cal and crit mods.

You are repeating yourself again blindly without responding to the issue that was brought up. Again, serration is fine just add another mod slot then you get the same thing, just balance the badguys areound serration (expecting low serration on low planets and a higher serration rank on higher planets)

If serration goes away and the weapons lose all that damage, then the baddies are nerfed down in exactly the same amount so it effectively feels like you have built in serration on every gun, then the mobs on mercury will be much closer to the mobs on pluto, because that mk1 lato you start with will have a built in maxed serration inside it, which nobody today has when they start.

1 hour ago, Shockwave- said:

You are repeating yourself again blindly without responding to the issue that was brought up. Again, serration is fine just add another mod slot then you get the same thing, just balance the badguys areound serration (expecting low serration on low planets and a higher serration rank on higher planets)

If serration goes away and the weapons lose all that damage, then the baddies are nerfed down in exactly the same amount so it effectively feels like you have built in serration on every gun, then the mobs on mercury will be much closer to the mobs on pluto, because that mk1 lato you start with will have a built in maxed serration inside it, which nobody today has when they start.

Then let me be clear here: I don't care one bit if they nerf every mandatory mod to the ground, so that they will not be mandatory anymore, only optional. They can also nerf every single weapon or frame that outperforms the other, I would still not care. No, in fact I would welcome a different state of things, this is getting easy and dull.

No matter what they nerf in this game, I will still find ways to have the maximum power available to me. That is what veterans do, they adapt and no matter what they make it work.

I'm leaning towards Multishot only increasing pellets per shot and nothing more. So that it can be an option for status proc'ing.

So have a shotty with 8 pellets, that goes to 16 with 100% multishot, for example.

Damage per pellet would go down (overall damage would not change), but chances to proc go up, which seems to be a reasonable trade-off.