The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage worth keeping?

130RILLA

Question

16 answers to this question

I dislike everything about Mirage very much. Was very disappointed on its release. It has dramatically powerful abilities and for what ? Is it really worthy ? I think not. People just want to spam OP abilities, the sparkle-style is offensive to Warframe imo.

I'll be honest with you here. For a Blind build? No, not really. For a DPS Hall of Mirros build? Yes, absolutely, it still wrecks everything. But if you're not interested in DPS at all, then sell her. Of course, this is just my opinion. A lot of folks will still say that a Blind build is still viable on her, but honestly, Nova, Vauban, and even Excalibur do it better now. Yes, even Excalibur due to the fact that his Blind has no charge up or casting animation.

But hey, once again this is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by DuskLegendary

2 minutes ago, 130RILLA said:

After the nerf and all is there still a use for Mirage cos I need a slot. 

A) Yes

B) She's a quest reward frame, you can never obtain her again outside of plat purchase.

C) Yes

She is more than just her Prism spam.

11 minutes ago, DuskLegendary said:

I'll be honest with you here. For a Blind build? No, not really. For a DPS Hall of Mirros build? Yes, absolutely, it still wrecks everything. But if you're not interested in DPS at all, then sell her. Of course, this is just my opinion. A lot of folks will still say that a Blind build is still viable on her, but honestly, Nova, Vauban, and even Excalibur do it better now. Yes, even Excalibur due to the fact that his Blind has no charge up or casting animation.

But hey, once again this is just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you very much :)

Earning 20 plat might be easier and faster than re-doing all the farming if you decide you want to get Mirage again.

Besides she wasn't nerfed, she was balanced. Prism can still blind, Hall of Mirrors can still shoot all of her abilities still work just she isn't able to trivialize entire map any more.

If all there was to Mirage for you was pressing 4 periodically, completely locking down maps, and keeping player interactivity to it's bare minimum, than probably not. Otherwise, I'd recommend giving Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse a spin, as they're still very potent abilities. Even Prism can still be a life saver if you detonate it in a sweet spot (it's just not an automatic win button anymore).

She's still crazy powerful as a DPS frame.  You just have to change her build and play her differently than before, but she's definitely not useless or weak.

I wouldn't sell her because she's a quest reward and right now it's impossible to get her through quest again because you can't replay the quest.  If you end up selling her and want to play her again later down the line, you will have to spend plat to buy her.  Better to sell stuff to get 20 plats now to save all the headaches you'll have later.

1 hour ago, 130RILLA said:

After the nerf and all is there still a use for Mirage cos I need a slot. 

There was no nerf, the people who say that are salty that they cant easy button the game... completely forgetting that hall of mirrors and eclipse are freaking powerful. Grab the right weapon, and you could literally solo a T3 or T4 survival for atleast 30 minutes (but thats just my record.)

There's pretty much nothing wrong with Mirage right now. All that happened was that her blind now works the way blinds are supposed to instead of ignoring LoS entirely, and even then, the fact that you can bank Prism off of terrain and manually detonate it means that a clever player has always had the tools to force it into an enemy's LoS.

Sleight of hand got an actual buff to its damage and radius, and Prism does more damage, so all in all she's actually better now than she was before.

Of course, thanks to Prism finally being fixed, her Hall of Mirrors DPS build is definitely more worthwhile than a Prism Blind build now.

Edited by Dreddeth
Typographical error.

1 hour ago, DuskLegendary said:

Very much agreed. 

Run Mirage with Amprex, Simulor, Ignis, Tonkor anything like that and you can easily and consistently get half the damage a 4-man squad puts out on any mission type. And weapons scale well, so abilities that focus on weapons like HoM and eclipse get you deeper than raw damage.

I run Hall of Malevolence, Blind Rage, Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Narrow Minded, Primed Continuity, Quick Thinking, Redirection with Power Drift and Amprex / Simulor primary with a single-target secondary like gammacore or aksomati. Nothing survives. She is fast and nimble too. Definitely worth keeping for all solo and speed-run content, or literally anywhere where raw massive damage is useful. 

Yes. Mirage is a beast and my very favorite frame. I love her looks, her attitude and her playstyle with a DPS build - close and personal, not too many gimmicks, just raw firepower, superior agility and the impishness of a cunning trickster.