The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you taxi someone to a planet they don't have?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

Say I just started Warframe and want to bypass the game by being taxi'd to draco, sechura, hieracon, etc.

1. Is this possible, seeing as I don't have the planets unlocked?
  2. Would the person taxi'd keep the node if they don't have the planet unlocked? 
  3. Do they keep the node if they have the planet unlocked?
  4. Do you need to have the planet unlocked in order to be taxi'd?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:
  1. Is this possible, seeing as I don't have the planets unlocked?
  2. Would the person taxi'd keep the node if they don't have the planet unlocked? 
  3. Do they keep the node if they have the planet unlocked?
  4. Do you need to have the planet unlocked in order to be taxi'd?

1) I believe so yeah. The taxi'er has to have the planet obviously

2) I'm not sure. I'd assume the node would remain unlocked but you'd have to unlock the planet to access again it by yourself first.

3) Pretty sure yes. You'd unlock all the adjacent nodes just like unlocking the nodes in order.

4) No. As far as I know you don't need the planet to be taxi'd. Only the taxi'er needs it.

Unless they've changed it this is how I think it works. My friend taxi'd me to all the bosses he had available when I started out and I'm pretty sure I got all the nodes adjacent to it (And I definitely did not have the planets where they were).

3 hours ago, Misanthroplonker said:

Yes, yes, yes and no.

This is actually wrong, it used to work like that, but I can say with 100% certainty that it no longer does on PC.

I started playing and was invited by a clan mate to run the Ceres survival to help level some frames/weapons while they re-leveled after a forma. I didn't have Ceres unlocked yet. Read online that it would be unlocked once the planet was opened so I rushed to get my jat leveled and cata'd to be ready to do a rotation or two solo to level myself. Got the planet unlocked two days later... no node available and I had been there multiple times.

Also with Rathuum, if you don't unlock the planet AND open the nodes to the boss fight, you will not get the nav segment from the fight. DE appears to be discouraging skipping through the game ahead of planned progression. Not that that is a bad thing.

Edited by Wopel
  • Like 2