The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Unfair Banning of [REDACTED]

abcdie11

[REDACTED] got on leaderboards for Tower IV with ivara. [REDACTED] got banned next day. [REDACTED] went to support. Support wouldn't tell him why he was banned and got a copy and pasted message...    DE what are your support team doing? Guilty til proven Innocent? DO SOMETHING!

Edit: The only issue here is the fact DE Support does not let you know why your banned or even let you defend yourself...

Support doesn't just ban without something behind it. 

He could've been banned for something else entirely, regardless of our long we went.

Anyway, this isn't for you to talk about, he was banned, end of story. Obligatory inb4 lock.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

1 minute ago, abcdie11 said:

RevXDev sadly F*** him but I don't know why this guy was unfairly banned

2 sides of a coin, mate.

Dunno what's all the ruckus about him, seeing as that name has rustled a lot of jimmies last I saw.

3 minutes ago, abcdie11 said:

purekiller if they ban you and not tell you why where there evidence

They don't just ban people left and right, you know...

They shouldn't have to show evidence of the ban, because if you're banned, they probably already know what you did.

Wasn't he that MR21 guy that had about $1,000 tied up into his account? My my, it would be a shame to lose something so valuable, a real shame indeed. Well, we don't know the real story behind what happened, so who's to say. Either way, losing an account worth $1,000 would be the ultimate bad day.

Edited by DuskLegendary

13 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

They don't just ban people left and right, you know...

They shouldn't have to show evidence of the ban, because if you're banned, they probably already know what you did.

Just now, DuskLegendary said:

Wasn't he that MR21 guy that had about $1,000 tied up into his account. My my, it would be a shame to lose something so valuable, a real shame indeed. Well, we don't know the real story behind what happened, so who's to say. Either way, losing an account worth $1,000 would be the ultimate bad day.

This is the problem he doesn't know why he was banned but support won't tell him They simply use a copy and pasted message to say we can't tell you why your banned but just know your banned... this isn't ok 

Quote from Letter13 from a similar thread:

If users are banned wrongfully from the game, they should contact support ASAP. 

The game employs a system which detects the use of software designed to modify game files and active memory (i.e. hacking/cheating), as well as suspicious behavior. It is entirely within the realm of possibility that solo-survival for hours upon hours upon hours throws up a red flag for suspicious behavior, triggering an automatic ban until the situation can be evaluated by a member of the support staff. Similar things have happened in the past when players figured out how to kill obscene amounts of enemies in a ridiculously small timespan. 

No matter the case, the first thing a player should do when banned is contact support as soon as possible. We on the forums cannot help them, and we never get the full story as DE and Warframe Support do not publicly disclose the reasons behind a user's ban in an effort to protect their privacy and allow them to leave with dignity; if DE and Support publicly disclosed the reasons behind the banning(s) of players, it could irreparably harm said users' reputations. Because of this, always take the stories of banned users with a grain boulder of salt. They may omit information that incriminates themselves, exaggerate or spin a tall tale about their situation in an effort to make themselves look innocent. 

Just now, abcdie11 said:

This is the problem he doesn't know why he was banned but support won't tell him They simply use a copy and pasted message to say we can't tell you why your banned but just know your banned... this isn't ok 

Yeah, the fact that so much money can be tied up is exactly why not informing someone  why they are banned is NOT ok. Legally it's sound ( I think), but.. it's morally questionable in the best of scenarios.

As someone who has been down this road before, I can definitely assure you that DE/Support/Moderators themselves do not ban you for no reason. Even if you think you're the victim you're not.

Now if the system itself gave you a ban for something it thought wasn't allowed then you may very well be innocent and can probably have it resolved by Support.

A manual permanent ban by staff though? That's on you. 

2 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Quote from Letter13 from a similar thread:

If users are banned wrongfully from the game, they should contact support ASAP. 

Unless they were banned from support, which is something they shouldn't be able to do, but that's just me.

9 minutes ago, DuskLegendary said:

Wasn't he that MR21 guy that had about $1,000 tied up into his account? My my, it would be a shame to lose something so valuable, a real shame indeed. Well, we don't know the real story behind what happened, so who's to say. Either way, losing an account worth $1,000 would be the ultimate bad day.

Accounts are not supposed to have a monetary value attached to them. If you for example buy $1000 in plat it is a sunk cost and nothing more.

You can't get that money back, you are not allowed to sell your account for it. It's just money you chose to invest in that account.

Edited by Madway7

Bans are private matters between the account holder and support. No one else should be getting involved, no matter how popular the account holder may be.

Also to quote my fellow community moderator Letter13:

"If users are banned wrongfully from the game, they should contact support ASAP. 

The game employs a system which detects the use of software designed to modify game files and active memory (i.e. hacking/cheating), as well as suspicious behavior. It is entirely within the realm of possibility that solo-survival for hours upon hours upon hours throws up a red flag for suspicious behavior, triggering an automatic ban until the situation can be evaluated by a member of the support staff. Similar things have happened in the past when players figured out how to kill obscene amounts of enemies in a ridiculously small timespan. 

No matter the case, the first thing a player should do when banned is contact support as soon as possible. We on the forums cannot help them, and we never get the full story as DE and Warframe Support do not publicly disclose the reasons behind a user's ban in an effort to protect their privacy and allow them to leave with dignity; if DE and Support publicly disclosed the reasons behind the banning(s) of players, it could irreparably harm said users' reputations. Because of this, always take the stories of banned users with a grain boulder of salt. They may omit information that incriminates themselves, exaggerate or spin a tall tale about their situation in an effort to make themselves look innocent."

Removed player names. Bans and suspensions are a private matter between the Support staff and the user in question. Sorry, but the forums are unable to assist you.

If the user is unsatisfied with how Support had handled their ticket, please have them submit a new one referencing the old ticket number.

Thank you.