Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pyra Syandana, Flame's brightness too intense? + picture

SprinKah

Ok. So. I highly doubt this is a major problem or even a problem at all to the warframe community.

But I just gotta try. I love Pyra Syandana simply because of its flame and aesthetic.

But there's one aspect of it that keeps me from using it regularly, it's because of its flame's blinding brightness.

YES, i know you can change the energy color of the thing in order to make it not so bright, but the thing is, I suffer a bit of OCD, only a bit but it still bugs me to see the energy color on my other accessories not match with my warframe's, all in order to tweak down the brightness of the syandana's flame.

I know this isn't much of a topic that should be seriously looked at, but I just thought that maybe reducing the brightness of the flame down a bit or make the flame more transparent , remove or reduce the amount of white bits of flame that burn your eyes to heck. I don't think a change such as that would do any harm or make anyone comfortable so why not.

13344681_624575464356608_289290352516581

OH GOD

4 hours ago, (XB1)DancesInShadow said:

Never had an issue with it, Usually the brightness depends on the brightness of the energy color. The brighter the shade, the brighter the flame

Oh it's an issue alright, maybe not with a few different colors but damn it's an issue. alot of the time it's just a bunch of white coming out of your syandana that just straight up fry your eyes.

,m 

21 hours ago, Elvis276 said:

Oh it's an issue alright, maybe not with a few different colors but damn it's an issue. alot of the time it's just a bunch of white coming out of your syandana that just straight up fry your eyes.

Then I agree, maybe making the flame a bit translucent kinda like the prisma energy flow?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't actually have a problem with the bloom level of the Pyra syandana, as long as you set your bloom to a reasonable level. Here's my Pyra at half-meter bloom level, and almost all the way to the left on the gauge:

OkA3l5K.jpg.PVPD94E.jpg?1

However. I have a different problem with the Pyra syandana. It has too much white. With a bright color, this is not a problem. The white sort of blends in and doesn't look all that bad. But take a dark color, and it doesn't really blend at all.

Il0vb5n.jpg?1...ii0CWn1.jpg?1

So if you try to give your syandana a more subtle appeareance, well, you're screwed. Because you get huge white splotches that are just there and cannot be changed in any way.

17 hours ago, Geraaltix said:

I don't actually have a problem with the bloom level of the Pyra syandana, as long as you set your bloom to a reasonable level. Here's my Pyra at half-meter bloom level, and almost all the way to the left on the gauge:

OkA3l5K.jpg.PVPD94E.jpg?1

However. I have a different problem with the Pyra syandana. It has too much white. With a bright color, this is not a problem. The white sort of blends in and doesn't look all that bad. But take a dark color, and it doesn't really blend at all.

Il0vb5n.jpg?1...ii0CWn1.jpg?1

So if you try to give your syandana a more subtle appeareance, well, you're screwed. Because you get huge white splotches that are just there and cannot be changed in any way.

Oh I KNOW there are ways to tweak the whole thing to match your preferences, but sadly, it doesn't do it separately, changing colors to the Syandana will affect the colors of every other cosmetic on your warframe....

WHICH TO BE HONEST, DE should've added that....give you the ability to change the colors on individual armor pieces and syandanas! I think WE ALL want that!

So yeah, you know the prisma armor pieces? WIth their signature energy waves on them? The only way to fix the brightness problem of the Pyra Syandana currently is to use a darker energy color, which sorta ruins the prisma armor pieces, y'know! Dx

And yep, the white patches....so insufferable! People barely use the Pyra Syandana anymore, well....I think, what do I know...

Edited by SprinKah

On 8/12/2016 at 4:36 AM, SprinKah said:

Oh I KNOW there are ways to tweak the whole thing to match your preferences, but sadly, it doesn't do it separately, changing colors to the Syandana will affect the colors of every other cosmetic on your warframe....

WHICH TO BE HONEST, DE should've added that....give you the ability to change the colors on individual armor pieces and syandanas! I think WE ALL want that!

So yeah, you know the prisma armor pieces? WIth their signature energy waves on them? The only way to fix the brightness problem of the Pyra Syandana currently is to use a darker energy color, which sorta ruins the prisma armor pieces, y'know! Dx

And yep, the white patches....so insufferable! People barely use the Pyra Syandana anymore, well....I think, what do I know...

You may have misunderstood my remarks. I wasn't suggesting changing your energy color. I was suggesting changing your bloom level, which seemed to be your issue. Unless your graphics settings beyond the game are way different from mine, I can't see how you would have "bloom" on your pyra with bloom turned off.

My remarks on energy color were purely to illustrate the unappealing white blobs on the Pyra (and Asa, incidentally) syandana.

Edited by Geraaltix

On 6/6/2016 at 10:01 AM, SprinKah said:

Ok. So. I highly doubt this is a major problem or even a problem at all to the warframe community.

But I just gotta try. I love Pyra Syandana simply because of its flame and aesthetic.

But there's one aspect of it that keeps me from using it regularly, it's because of its flame's blinding brightness.

YES, i know you can change the energy color of the thing in order to make it not so bright, but the thing is, I suffer a bit of OCD, only a bit but it still bugs me to see the energy color on my other accessories not match with my warframe's, all in order to tweak down the brightness of the syandana's flame.

I know this isn't much of a topic that should be seriously looked at, but I just thought that maybe reducing the brightness of the flame down a bit or make the flame more transparent , remove or reduce the amount of white bits of flame that burn your eyes to heck. I don't think a change such as that would do any harm or make anyone comfortable so why not.

13344681_624575464356608_289290352516581

OH GOD

Yeah i used to use that syandana all the time early on. Then i when to pluto and after completing a mission while looking away the entire time, and never used it again. Until i got one for free in a sortie, used it not remembering why i stopped using it, history repeated itself and i again stopped using it xD

10 hours ago, Geraaltix said:

You may have misunderstood my remarks. I wasn't suggesting changing your energy color. I was suggesting changing your bloom level, which seemed to be your issue. Unless your graphics settings beyond the game are way different from mine, I can't see how you would have "bloom" on your pyra with bloom turned off.

My remarks on energy color were purely to illustrate the unappealing white blobs on the Pyra (and Asa, incidentally) syandana.

Well ok, changing the Bloom intensity or just shutting that off completely, sure, I could do that, lemme see...

14067594_656777604469727_409050399786152

Nope, still too much...

And let me tell you, the amount of white patches are few in this one, which is quite RARE with the Pyra Syandana, most of the time it's nothing but white patches.

ANd you're suggesting me, to turn the bloom level down just for the Pyra Syandana? Making everything else looks like 2D plates slapped onto everything, terrible looking af? THe muzzle flash, the lightings, etc...? That doesn't sound like a good trade, not at all...

I am NOT going to tweak down the bloom intensity or turning off bloom setting and all that just for this syandana. It will make almost everything else looks bad.

The problem with the Pyra Syandana is that it's TOO distracting, even with the bloom intensity at 0 or with bloom turned off, it also takes over the entire back of your warframe which really sucks.

I suggest making it more transparent.

On 8/17/2016 at 2:06 AM, SprinKah said:

Well ok, changing the Bloom intensity or just shutting that off completely, sure, I could do that, lemme see...

14067594_656777604469727_409050399786152

Nope, still too much...

And let me tell you, the amount of white patches are few in this one, which is quite RARE with the Pyra Syandana, most of the time it's nothing but white patches.

ANd you're suggesting me, to turn the bloom level down just for the Pyra Syandana? Making everything else looks like 2D plates slapped onto everything, terrible looking af? THe muzzle flash, the lightings, etc...? That doesn't sound like a good trade, not at all...

I am NOT going to tweak down the bloom intensity or turning off bloom setting and all that just for this syandana. It will make almost everything else looks bad.

The problem with the Pyra Syandana is that it's TOO distracting, even with the bloom intensity at 0 or with bloom turned off, it also takes over the entire back of your warframe which really sucks.

I suggest making it more transparent.

I think you're overplaying the effect bloom has on the game, but you are entitled to your own opinion. I posted an image of my bloom at half, but if that's not good enough for you, then that's your own choice.

Edited by Geraaltix

After some more experimentation, it seems like setting the BRIGHTNESS and CONTRAST up all the way is what produces the insane bloom levels seen on the Pyra syandana. I went around, taking a few screencaps of the Pyra during fissure missions (that tend to also affect bloom in a big way) and made some interesting comparisons. A series of screencaps with bloom, brightness, and contrast turned all the way up:

http://imgur.com/a/3UIDB

And then a few with bloom still at full, while brightness and contrast were turned down by 2 ticks to brightness, 4 to contrast:

http://imgur.com/a/uNZ3O

Bloom level is still fairly high in the environment, but the Pyra brightness is remarkably lower. Now, I think the root of the problem is those ugly white blobs in the texture itself, so if those were toned down and/or removed, you'd see a marked improvement. But if it interests anyone with this issue, toning down the brightness does seem to fix this without removing bloom in a significant way.

Edit: BONUS IMAGES! Full bloom, brightness, and contrast. Bright white energy Pyra, followed by pure smoke black energy Pyra:

http://imgur.com/a/1vxnk

Edited by Geraaltix