Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Does the Shooting Gallery damage bonus affect melee?" Wait a minute, does it affect ANYTHING?

Cryssoberyl

So I've been using Mesa a lot since the rework. Really enjoyed her, especially with the Shooting Gallery change. Thing is, I never really noticed a big damage bump from using it, but the CC is great, so I just assumed the damage bonus was doing what it was supposed to be doing. That has changed.

It started when I had the thought, "You know, Shatter Shield and Shooting Gallery actually make Mesa pretty good at closing safely to melee range. But does the Shooting Gallery damage bonus affect melee?"

As usual, it isn't clear. The wiki says the SG bonus affects "weapon damage", which sounds like it should include melee, but given Mesa's nature as a gunner frame, it wouldn't be a surprise if it didn't. There's no clear information...

...so I went to the simulacrum and began trying to test it out, but even with 220% power strength - a supposed 55% SG damage bonus - my results were inconsistent. Sometimes it certainly seemed like my average hit count with it on was lower than with it off, but nowhere near the amount that would suggest I was doing 55% more damage.

However, then I started testing it with rifles too, and here's where things really became an unpleasant surprise. Testing with both Soma Prime and Supra, things needed roughly exactly the same number of shots to kill with SG on as with it off.

Then I tried testing Peacemaker, and had the same result. Whether SG was turned on or off, kill time was the same.

Tried pistols, same result.

At the moment, it actually seems like Shooting Gallery isn't providing what it promises in terms of damage bonus, if indeed it's doing anything at all. What's going on?

UPDATE: Apparently it's just a much smaller bonus than it seemed due to how its calculated. Please ignore if this is the case.

Edited by Cryssoberyl