Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

Good thing: the camp was engulfed in confusion.

The bad thing: the sounds of numerous armored vehicles moving West on the road leading from Alator echoed from the mountain foothill. Seems like the columns are approaching fast.

While two of the runaway scorpions didn't make it, the remaining one doubled its efforts to get the hell out, going as far as starting to zigzag and perform a funny-looking variation of grineer-style slalom.

Philip rushes forward and stabs his blades into the ground, sending javelins of energy spreading outwards to hit the Scorpion. Dixon fixes the fleeing Scorpion in his sights, preparing to swap places.

9 hours ago, Teloch said:

"This is either a complete tommyrot or a qualitative set-up. The thing is that our spec corps don't share IFF with the core forces and I don't imagine how could anyone possibly "investigate" with the help of a bomber. In any case, now I have to immediately alert the base about the signature codes possible leakage and somehow make the Spec corps head officer reveal the operative footage of the event. I just hope she would be as surprisingly helpful as you turned out to be. Although, this hope is rather faint. Anyway, I have a turd pile to dive in, so please excuse me"

She cut the ongoing channel, contacting the base after, and, after a couple of minutes, she attempted to initiate the transmission with Ryoko

Before the channel closes. You see Dirge drum his fingers on the skull.

"I am helpful because we are friends." He says. 

His fingers grip the skull until cracks begin to form.

"Just as I will be merciless if we become enemies." He says, his voice never wavering from its polite tone. "Good day Major."

Ryoko responds on the second hail. In the background you can see several Dex troopers readying weaponry.

"Something to report Major?" He asks. "I am a bit pressed for time at the moment."

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

The heavy proceeded to what appears his favorite tactics - combination of wide-arc lunges and long LMG bursts during movement phases, sometimes diluted with occasional fiery beams and radial explosion waves. Despite his rather low initial speed, by the time both of the runaway scorpions were mown down by heavy caliber bursts, he moved rather fast for his sizes,  and his frame lights were glowing much brighter than usually. When the jolly butchery began to exhaust due to the insufficiency of "materials", one of the remnants that didn't try to run away armed his two hand grenades and began to sprint towards a pile of artillery shells with what appears as a kamikaze attempt.

Alan leaps into the fray, slicing down those caught in the periodic casts of Overload, or those that close the distance to him, reserving his LMG for heavier enemies, or distant targets. As suicide bomber runs for the rounds Alan sends a bolt of electricity arcing into the him, stunning him, while he reloads his Soma Prime.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"I do not." He says.

Sam appears, holding a refined chunk of prisma carved into the shape of a ritual dagger.

"Here you go." She says. "If there is nothing else I will return to my duties."

Richard's Oberon took the dagger and held it above Simon's head, allowing the blade to begin absorbing the Void energy that had seeped completely into the wounds.

"Thank you, Sam.  Do you know of a Limbo who can get here quickly?"

Richard's Zephyr landed heavily a few meters away and tossed a large pouch toward Richard, who caught it one-handed without looking behind him.  Opening the bag, he pulled out the cluster of shapes made of prisma within and set them afloat above Simon's chest.

9 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard's Oberon took the dagger and held it above Simon's head, allowing the blade to begin absorbing the Void energy that had seeped completely into the wounds.

"Thank you, Sam.  Do you know of a Limbo who can get here quickly?"

Richard's Zephyr landed heavily a few meters away and tossed a large pouch toward Richard, who caught it one-handed without looking behind him.  Opening the bag, he pulled out the cluster of shapes made of prisma within and set them afloat above Simon's chest.

"I think you're the only one the others would allow here." She says. "They aren't exactly open about their safehouses."

On 4/28/2017 at 9:43 PM, Rakawan said:

"I think you're the only one the others would allow here." She says. "They aren't exactly open about their safehouses."

"And I'm not exactly open about letting Simon die, said Richard flatly, "so please try to find one."

( Is it okay if I join? )

"Please broadcast your designation" A voice crackled over the orbiter's speakers. It went quiet for a moment, then resumed. "Your name?

"Sena." He flicked through the digital brochure for Phenix as he absentmindedly answered the question.

"The reason for your visit?"

"Vacation." He paused on a page about activities to do on Phenix, half hearing a question about whether he had anything to declare, "A helminth charger in statis" There was silence for several moments. Sena reached the end of the brochure and cycled back to the beginning, going through it again. He stopped when he became aware of the silence the had begun to stretch.

"You are clear for jump, tenno." They finally said and Sena closed out of the brochure and sat up properly. Outside of his warframe, he'd feel the inertia of a rail jump much stronger.

"Jumping." And reality folded around them, the force pushed him hard and light poured too-bright from the windows. He covered his eyes, but it still seared his vision and when he opened them again dark spots danced painfully across his vision. He blinked and did his best to rub them away as he got to his feet.

He left docking to his cephalon while he stood ready to disembark, wondering if Phenix's air was just as fresh as he'd heard.

8 hours ago, Menyara said:

( Is it okay if I join? )

"Please broadcast your designation" A voice crackled over the orbiter's speakers. It went quiet for a moment, then resumed. "Your name?

"Sena." He flicked through the digital brochure for Phenix as he absentmindedly answered the question.

"The reason for your visit?"

"Vacation." He paused on a page about activities to do on Phenix, half hearing a question about whether he had anything to declare, "A helminth charger in statis" There was silence for several moments. Sena reached the end of the brochure and cycled back to the beginning, going through it again. He stopped when he became aware of the silence the had begun to stretch.

"You are clear for jump, tenno." They finally said and Sena closed out of the brochure and sat up properly. Outside of his warframe, he'd feel the inertia of a rail jump much stronger.

"Jumping." And reality folded around them, the force pushed him hard and light poured too-bright from the windows. He covered his eyes, but it still seared his vision and when he opened them again dark spots danced painfully across his vision. He blinked and did his best to rub them away as he got to his feet.

He left docking to his cephalon while he stood ready to disembark, wondering if Phenix's air was just as fresh as he'd heard.

((Of course!  Welcome!))

"You are cleared to land.  Welcome to Phenix."

Sena's Landing Craft touched down on a landing pad near a large city.  People were milling about, doing their business.  If he scanned the crowds he would notice an overwhelming majority of humans in the population, interspersed with a few Tenno.  The architecture was orderly and faintly reminiscent both of some of the ruins one encountered on Earth from time to time and of Orokin construction.  A large tent was being erected in the city center.  It appeared there was some sort of social event today.  The air was indeed as fresh as he had heard, and the scent of flowers carried easily on the wispy breeze.

A young man approached the landing craft as Sena disembarked.  "Hello.  Welcome to Phenix.  My name is Arthur.  Would you like me to show you around, or do you prefer to wander?"

On 5/1/2017 at 6:36 AM, Yzjdriel said:

"And I'm not exactly open about letting Simon die, said Richard flatly, "so please try to find one."

A few minutes later a terrified looking Limbo is pushed through the door.

29 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A few minutes later a terrified looking Limbo is pushed through the door.

"You're not in trouble," Richard said tersely, beckoning him over.  "I need you to pull myself, my patient, and this Oberon into the Rift and keep us there for as long as possible."

5 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"You're not in trouble," Richard said tersely, beckoning him over.  "I need you to pull myself, my patient, and this Oberon into the Rift and keep us there for as long as possible."

"Ummm." He says. 

You hear Dirge whistling a tune to himself as he strolls past.

"Uhh Sure, right away." The Limbo says, banishing each of you.

On 4/27/2017 at 0:29 PM, Rakawan said:

"That is what I hope to find out." Gideon says. "They are unlike anything I have seen before."

He makes his way down towards an opening in the ground.

The moment his feet touch the dirt the faceless figures seem to glitch, and a horrible shrieking fills the air.

"m-make it stop!"  Sarah cries as she covers her ears.  "M-make them quiet!"  Her voice wavers between the mature and adolescent tones as she struggles to keep her fear in check.

On 4/20/2017 at 6:40 AM, Rakawan said:

"Hey you!" One of the workers calls. "Quit lounging around and help out." 

He motions you over to where several people are dragging brush away.

Max doesn't even bother to loo over.  "I'm going scouting.  People don't seem to mind if I risk my life around here, so risk it I shall."  He continues waling, looping around the cave, and proceeding to walk to the back of the structure that houses said cave.

[[ Hope you don't mind me jumping in too;; ]]

A similar voice to the one that spoke to Sena grated itself across his own communications. In fact, it was the same voice, husky and crackling- sounding all too fed up with its job. He repeated similar declarations to the supposed customs officer; A few animals and robotics, nothing of major consequence. As he was approved similarly he took a deep breath and readied himself for the jump. "So, where did you hear about this place again?" He mused aloud to his squad mate over their private voice frequency.

The force of the jump was enough to shake his frame; but, it was subtle enough- thanks to his ship cephalon's optimizations- that he was able to remain sitting at his ship's navigation. His breath was knocked clean for a moment but returned as the jump ended. He grabbed a bag of provisions and had his typical loadout readied as a precaution before taking the orbiter down to meet with his traveling companion.

He dropped from the orbiter's door, the shape being a bit too large for him- and took a few steps, stretching his arms out over his head as he purposefully stumbled into Sena and then hooked an arm around his friend's neck. "I still can't believe you actually agreed to take a break, like I think Nef Anyo and Tyl Regor having a tea party would have been more likely." A half grin was plastered across his face and he laughed jovially at his own jokes as he half looked around, his gaze immediately fixed on the thing in the city center. "You think they were expecting us? Throwin' a party maybe?" It was all jest until, well- until he noticed someone coming over. "Don't look now Sena, but seems like it's time to mingle with the locals." He joked quietly.

"Hello. Welcome to Phenix.  My name is Arthur." He removed his hands from Sena and placed them behind his head casually before focusing on 'Arthur' rather than the grandiose of this city. "Yo." He nodded a greeting at the kid. "You live around here, man?" He cocked his head in interest, curious of what what people were like in terrestrial settlements.

Spoiler
7 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

16 hours ago, Menyara said:

1 hour ago, KIrozanagi said:

[[ Hope you don't mind me jumping in too;; ]]

A similar voice to the one that spoke to Sena grated itself across his own communications. In fact, it was the same voice, husky and crackling- sounding all too fed up with its job. He repeated similar declarations to the supposed customs officer; A few animals and robotics, nothing of major consequence. As he was approved similarly he took a deep breath and readied himself for the jump. "So, where did you hear about this place again?" He mused aloud to his squad mate over their private voice frequency.

The force of the jump was enough to shake his frame; but, it was subtle enough- thanks to his ship cephalon's optimizations- that he was able to remain sitting at his ship's navigation. His breath was knocked clean for a moment but returned as the jump ended. He grabbed a bag of provisions and had his typical loadout readied as a precaution before taking the orbiter down to meet with his traveling companion.

He dropped from the orbiter's door, the shape being a bit too large for him- and took a few steps, stretching his arms out over his head as he purposefully stumbled into Sena and then hooked an arm around his friend's neck. "I still can't believe you actually agreed to take a break, like I think Nef Anyo and Tyl Regor having a tea party would have been more likely." A half grin was plastered across his face and he laughed jovially at his own jokes as he half looked around, his gaze immediately fixed on the thing in the city center. "You think they were expecting us? Throwin' a party maybe?" It was all jest until, well- until he noticed someone coming over. "Don't look now Sena, but seems like it's time to mingle with the locals." He joked quietly.

"Hello. Welcome to Phenix.  My name is Arthur." He removed his hands from Sena and placed them behind his head casually before focusing on 'Arthur' rather than the grandiose of this city. "Yo." He nodded a greeting at the kid. "You live around here, man?" He cocked his head in interest, curious of what what people were like in terrestrial settlements.

Reveal hidden contents

((Welcome.))

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Ummm." He says. 

You hear Dirge whistling a tune to himself as he strolls past.

"Uhh Sure, right away." The Limbo says, banishing each of you.

"Thank you."

The Rift was an interesting place.  Richard, being the scientist that he was, had performed several experiments in the Rift related to medical procedures after he had acquired his first Limbo.  The results had been spectacularly consistent to a set of rules he had yet to fully define.

The effect he was currently relying on was the Rift plane's effect on Void energy - or to be more accurate, its lack thereof.  A Banished patient was easier to treat for Void exposure, as while the Void energy existed in both planes, a piece of Prisma could be passed through a Banished target to siphon off the energy much quicker.

This, in turn, would allow Richard to remove the shrapnel more quickly, as he would have to spend less time removing the Void energy that had seeped into the wounds.  He fully intended to make full use of this fact to help Simon.

With a deep breath, he removed the first piece of shrapnel from Simon's head.  Immediately putting a sterilized steel cone in its place to stop the bleeding and avoid shifting any brain matter as he prepared to remove the next piece of shrapnel.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"m-make it stop!"  Sarah cries as she covers her ears.  "M-make them quiet!"  Her voice wavers between the mature and adolescent tones as she struggles to keep her fear in check.

Gideon is kneeling on the ground looking at something beneath the dirt.

"I thought so." He yells over the noise. "Hold on."

He pulls out a Lex Prime and sends several rounds into something beneath the dirt. There is a shattering sound and the figures vanish.

"Holograms." He says. "Definitely holograms. Paired with a sonic deterent. Clever."

He taps his helmet.

"Grandmaster." He says. "There is definitely something here. I will investigate further." 

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Thank you."

The Rift was an interesting place.  Richard, being the scientist that he was, had performed several experiments in the Rift related to medical procedures after he had acquired his first Limbo.  The results had been spectacularly consistent to a set of rules he had yet to fully define.

The effect he was currently relying on was the Rift plane's effect on Void energy - or to be more accurate, its lack thereof.  A Banished patient was easier to treat for Void exposure, as while the Void energy existed in both planes, a piece of Prisma could be passed through a Banished target to siphon off the energy much quicker.

This, in turn, would allow Richard to remove the shrapnel more quickly, as he would have to spend less time removing the Void energy that had seeped into the wounds.  He fully intended to make full use of this fact to help Simon.

With a deep breath, he removed the first piece of shrapnel from Simon's head.  Immediately putting a sterilized steel cone in its place to stop the bleeding and avoid shifting any brain matter as he prepared to remove the next piece of shrapnel.

The first piece comes out without any trouble. Simon's breathing becomes a bit more regular. The moment you touch the second piece, however his vitals spike. Whatever it is it seems to be "touching a nerve" so to speak. 

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The first piece comes out without any trouble. Simon's breathing becomes a bit more regular. The moment you touch the second piece, however his vitals spike. Whatever it is it seems to be "touching a nerve" so to speak. 

Okay, I guess I'll get that one later.  Moving quickly, Richard moved to grasp the piece he'd previously designated in Simon's chest as being the most important.

Edited by Yzjdriel

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

Okay, I guess I'll get that one later.  Moving quickly, Richard moved to grasp the piece he'd previously designated in Simon's chest as being the most important.

This one starts to come out easily, too easily. A close examination reveals that it hit some of the armor on his suit and fragmented, leaving behind several shards of ceramic and ferrite. Simon's muscles twitch, pulling several of the shards deeper.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Gideon is kneeling on the ground looking at something beneath the dirt.

"I thought so." He yells over the noise. "Hold on."

He pulls out a Lex Prime and sends several rounds into something beneath the dirt. There is a shattering sound and the figures vanish.

"Holograms." He says. "Definitely holograms. Paired with a sonic deterent. Clever."

He taps his helmet.

"Grandmaster." He says. "There is definitely something here. I will investigate further." 

Sarah shakes her head, as if trying to clear a ringing from her ears. "Do y-you think that s-someone's hiding things h-here?"  She drifts down onto the ground, and walks closer to Gideon.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

This one starts to come out easily, too easily. A close examination reveals that it hit some of the armor on his suit and fragmented, leaving behind several shards of ceramic and ferrite. Simon's muscles twitch, pulling several of the shards deeper.

Richard spoke to the Limbo without looking up.  "I'm going to need you to use your abilities a little unconventionally to help save his life.  Can you do that?"  His tone was calm, like a teacher encouraging his students to do their best on an exam.

As he spoke, he slid the piece back into place, pulling out the Zenthia Karyst as he did so.  The blade on Ephasus' modified dagger was still jagged like its normal counterpart, but the blade had been twisted into a corkscrew shape.  The resulting twist of jagged metal was magnetic, meaning that it would attract the loose pieces once Richard inserted it into the hole that removing the shrapnel would create.

Edited by Yzjdriel

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Max doesn't even bother to loo over.  "I'm going scouting.  People don't seem to mind if I risk my life around here, so risk it I shall."  He continues waling, looping around the cave, and proceeding to walk to the back of the structure that houses said cave.

The rock face forms the back of the colony. Circling around it brings you do a side gate. The guards are accompanied by Kubrow and carry Paris bows.

"Off on an expedition?" One asks, noticing your pack.