Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Stabilis rose from his trance, awoken by the strange shifts of void energy throughout the temple.  He brought himself to his full height, near seven feet, and let the atlas frame materialize over him.  He looks to the courtyard, curious as to the ritual occurring, but more concerned with the aggressive shades attacking it.  He leaned over the balcony railing to judge where the shades were mostly coming from, gauging where he needed to drop down.

6 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"So some shades turned to choas causers?" Fell asked, blinking as his vision was regained. He didn't remember the lights being this bright.

"Not really." The Neophyte says. "Say for instance we acquired a shade of, oh, let's say one of the Grineer Kweens. We couldn't just let her just wander the halls."

He smiles.

"Our enemies may keep their secrets in life. But their shades can be easily compelled to divulge them in death."

Just now, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis rose from his trance, awoken by the strange shifts of void energy throughout the temple.  He brought himself to his full height, near seven feet, and let the atlas frame materialize over him.  He looks to the courtyard, curious as to the ritual occurring, but more concerned with the aggressive shades attacking it.  He leaned over the balcony railing to judge where the shades were mostly coming from, gauging where he needed to drop down.

The shades seem to be climbing over the walls of the courtyard. However one, different in form from the others, is making its way towards Forest and the rest from behind. This one appears more solid, and has chains draped across its arms and legs.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Not really." The Neophyte says. "Say for instance we acquired a shade of, oh, let's say one of the Grineer Kweens. We couldn't just let her just wander the halls."

He smiles.

"Our enemies may keep their secrets in life. But their shades can be easily compelled to divulge them in death."

"Ah in that way. How is that Kween shade holding up anyway. She said anything interesting?" Fell inquires. "Oh and could I make a request." 

Just now, Rakawan said:

The shades seem to be climbing over the walls of the courtyard. However one, different in form from the others, is making its way towards Forest and the rest from behind. This one appears more solid, and has chains draped across its arms and legs.

Stabilis jumps off the balcony towards the chained shade, aim gliding over Forrest, landing in a landslide towards the shade, bracing his legs on the ground in preparation for combat.

7 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Ah in that way. How is that Kween shade holding up anyway. She said anything interesting?" Fell inquires. "Oh and could I make a request." 

"Apart from threatening us with torture and gruesome death she's been very helpful, if extremely cryptic." He says. "And you are more than welcome to make a request."

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis jumps off the balcony towards the chained shade, aim gliding over Forrest, landing in a landslide towards the shade, bracing his legs on the ground in preparation for combat.

The shade stops its advance. 

"You are no Keeper." It says. "Yet the same power flows through you in waves. What are you?"

One of the spirits that has spent the last week teaching you to manipulate Void energy as the Keepers do appears beside you. 

"Show us what you have learned, pupil." He says. "Strike down this false god."

Edited by Rakawan

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Catching sight of what looked to have been an atlas frame sailing over him, he turns to see the frame make landfall then prepare to face an even darker shade with chains. "oh wonderful" he mumbles to himself.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Apart from threatening us with torture and gruesome death she's been very helpful, if extremely cryptic." He says. "And you are more than welcome to make a request."

"If for whatever reason the idea comes up that I deserve to becomes a shade don't make me one." 

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You are no Keeper." It says. "Yet the same power flows through you in waves. What are you?"

One of the spirits that has spent the last week teaching you to manipulate Void energy as the Keepers do appears beside you. 

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

" Oi, ink face with the chain fetish" Forrest shouts to  the shade in chains. regaining enough strength to pick up his blade and rest it on his shoulder. Walking till he is slightly behind the slightly shorter atlas, not even turning to look at the spirit. "so nice of you to join the party" he says to the atlas, not taking his eyes off what he assumes to be the thing behind this whole incursion. "If you can handle small, dark, and creepy here, I can keep the small fry off of you for a while but I'm running on fumes here so make it quick" he says as he pulls up one of his pistols and starts firing at some of the lesser shades.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Stabilis shifted his feet so his left shoulder faced the shade, and focused the void within him as he rasied his left hand to the shade, and covered his eye with his other hand. He let the energy flow free from his hand, a cone of petrifying waves washing over the shade. Stabilis focused on making it solid, so that it would be affected by physical damage. In his focus, he does not hear Forrest talking to him, only the roar of his gaze. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis shifted his feet so his left shoulder faced the shade, and focused the void within him as he rasied his left hand to the shade, and covered his eye with his other hand. He let the energy flow free from his hand, a cone of petrifying waves washing over the shade. Stabilis focused on making it solid, so that it would be affected by physical damage. In his focus, he does not hear Forrest talking to him, only the roar of his gaze. 

"Watcha doing there kiddo?" The chained shade asks. "You really think that will wor....."

The shade doesn't just become solid, but ends up encased in prismarite crystals. 

"Watch the flow of energy." The spirit says. "You drew a bit too much with that attempt."

4 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"If for whatever reason the idea comes up that I deserve to becomes a shade don't make me one." 

"Of course." He says. "That is your decision to be made. Each of the shades also has the option, at any time, to cease to exist."

23 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

" Oi, ink face with the chain fetish" Forrest shouts to  the shade in chains. regaining enough strength to pick up his blade and rest it on his shoulder. Walking till he is slightly behind the slightly shorter atlas, not even turning to look at the spirit. "so nice of you to join the party" he says to the atlas, not taking his eyes off what he assumes to be the thing behind this whole incursion. "If you can handle small, dark, and creepy here, I can keep the small fry off of you for a while but I'm running on fumes here so make it quick" he says as he pulls up one of his pistols and starts firing at some of the lesser shades.

Without the fog, the bullets are much more effective, shredding the shades. More spill into the courtyard however. One manages to make it past your shots, and hurls itself at you mid-reload. A single shot from behind you destroys it.

"Thank you for buying us time." A voice says. "The ritual is nearly complete. The Grandmaster can handle it from here, so I will lend my aid."

The speaker is a White, gray, and gold Harrow with a Sybaris Prime rifle.

18 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Of course." He says. "That is your decision to be made. Each of the shades also has the option, at any time, to cease to exist."

Fell only nodded a little as he looked at his palm. Shortly clenching it into a fist as he exhaled. He muttered something to himself. "If I remember correctly you had some ascension project going on here on Phoenix, right?".  

20 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Watcha doing there kiddo?" The chained shade asks. "You really think that will wor....."

The shade doesn't just become solid, but ends up encased in prismarite crystals. 

"Watch the flow of energy." The spirit says. "You drew a bit too much with that attempt."

"One cannot strengthen without taking risks."  He reaches towards the shade, his strength controlled as to not break the crystals, and grabs the neck, lifting it up to his face level.  "What is this, darkness, that invades the temple?"

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"One cannot strengthen without taking risks."  He reaches towards the shade, his strength controlled as to not break the crystals, and grabs the neck, lifting it up to his face level.  "What is this, darkness, that invades the temple?"

The crystal shatters and the shade looks down at you, it's features changing to a familiar face.

"Don't you remember me Monk?" The man asks. "Have you forgotten our bargain. Defeat me, and I will bring peace to this world. That was the deal wasn't it?"

"He" grips your hands, trying to pry them free.

"I might have honored my side of that bargain." He says. "But you have allied with thieves and heretics. And now you will watch this world, and all others, burn. And you will live knowing you couldn't save anyone!"

He kicks off your chest, slipping from your grasp. He turns mid-air, lashing at you with a void charged chain.

Edited by Rakawan

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Without the fog, the bullets are much more effective, shredding the shades. More spill into the courtyard however. One manages to make it past your shots, and hurls itself at you mid-reload. A single shot from behind you destroys it.

"Thank you for buying us time." A voice says. "The ritual is nearly complete. The Grandmaster can handle it from here, so I will lend my aid."

The speaker is a White, gray, and gold Harrow with a Sybaris Prime rifle.

"Appreciated" he states briefly before holstering his sword on his back and pulling his second Magnus off his hip, letting loose into the hoard. "Got anything that could help replenish some energy?" He ask, while focusing on the task at hand.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The crystal shatters and the shade looks down at you, it's features changing to a familiar face.

"Don't you remember me Monk?" The man asks. "Have you forgotten our bargain. Defeat me, and I will bring peace to this world. That was the deal wasn't it?"

"He" grips your hands, trying to pry them free.

"I might have honored my side of that bargain." He says. "But you have allied with thieves and heretics. And now you will watch this world, and all others, burn. And you will live knowing you couldn't save anyone!"

He kicks off your chest, slipping from your grasp. He turns mid-air, lashing at you with a void charged chain.

Stabilis slams down a tectonics in the path of the chain, and lets the tekko form around his fists as he raises them in his stance of Gaia's tragedy. "I know you not, only that you pose as madness, and must be silenced."

18 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"Appreciated" he states briefly before holstering his sword on his back and pulling his second Magnus off his hip, letting loose into the hoard. "Got anything that could help replenish some energy?" He ask, while focusing on the task at hand.

"One moment please." The Tenno says. He begins swinging around the thurible in his hands, channeling energy into it.

After a moment he releases the energy and unholsters his rifle, sniping the shades alongside you. With each kill you feel re-energized.

A wave of ice cuts down a swath of shades, and those that get to close to to the group begin to fray into ribbons as an Equinox activates her ult. The rtualists, no longer focused on channeling, have reclaimed their preferred frames and use them to great effect. 

Edited by Rakawan

20 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

*boop*

The shuttle lifts off.

"Kraken this is Outrider." Eli says. "One shuttle with refugees. Clear a path." 

"Roger, alternating fire." A voice says. 

The shuttle begins to head towards the blockade. In the background a large ship, resembling a mechanized squid. Each of the "limbs" ends in a cannon, with strange crossbeams protruding from it. The limbs undulate, sending lasers crossing the ships in the back of the shuttle. Eli maneuvers between the slicing beams, often with feet to spare. The intercepters sent after him do not fare so well.

"Prep for jump." He says when he is close enough to the shuttle.

The limbs fold, as of to grasp the top of the squid. The crossbeams extend, forming a circle before the front of the craft. The inside of the circle fills with void light, a portal of sorts. Elli pilots the ship through the portal, and moments later the Kraken follows from space behind you. Both ships emerge a short distance from Phenix.

"Please contact your defense network before we are shot down." Eli says. "I would hate to rescue a group of civilians from one clan of Tenno only for them to die at the hands of another."

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis slams down a tectonics in the path of the chain, and lets the tekko form around his fists as he raises them in his stance of Gaia's tragedy. "I know you not, only that you pose as madness, and must be silenced."

The chain smashes the boulders to dust, and wraps around your wrist. A volley of arrows forces the shade to release it, however. Red veil operatives line the walls of the Monastery, Rakta Cernos bows raised.

"Meddling scum." The shade says, raising his hand and taking aim at them. Angry red energy coalesces in his open palm. 

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The shuttle lifts off.

"Kraken this is Outrider." Eli says. "One shuttle with refugees. Clear a path." 

"Roger, alternating fire." A voice says. 

The shuttle begins to head towards the blockade. In the background a large ship, resembling a mechanized squid. Each of the "limbs" ends in a cannon, with strange crossbeams protruding from it. The limbs undulate, sending lasers crossing the ships in the back of the shuttle. Eli maneuvers between the slicing beams, often with feet to spare. The intercepters sent after him do not fare so well.

"Prep for jump." He says when he is close enough to the shuttle.

The limbs fold, as of to grasp the top of the squid. The crossbeams extend, forming a circle before the front of the craft. The inside of the circle fills with void light, a portal of sorts. Elli pilots the ship through the portal, and moments later the Kraken follows from space behind you. Both ships emerge a short distance from Phenix.

"Please contact your defense network before we are shot down." Eli says. "I would hate to rescue a group of civilians from one clan of Tenno only for them to die at the hands of another."

Richard had already opened a channel by the time they arrived.  "Simon, I've brought two friendlies.  Ping Katherine for me, we'll need to perform routine medical examinations on refugees from the Relay."  Richard's Trinity promptly collected all three of the Limbo briefcases before folding itself into a briefcase alongside them.

A new comm channel from the planet opened to the transport.  "I'm assuming you have some means of defense against someone teleporting themselves onto your ship.  If you'd be so kind as to turn that off, I'm going to collect my Warframes now while Katherine prepares to receive the refugees."

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard had already opened a channel by the time they arrived.  "Simon, I've brought two friendlies.  Ping Katherine for me, we'll need to perform routine medical examinations on refugees from the Relay."  Richard's Trinity promptly collected all three of the Limbo briefcases before folding itself into a briefcase alongside them.

A new comm channel from the planet opened to the transport.  "I'm assuming you have some means of defense against someone teleporting themselves onto your ship.  If you'd be so kind as to turn that off, I'm going to collect my Warframes now while Katherine prepares to receive the refugees."

It appears the ship does not, as you have barely grabbed your briefcase before a Neophyte appears, placing his hand on your shoulder, and teleporting you into the middle of a fight.

The scene is something out a nightmare, or would be if the shadowy creatures were up against anything besides fully-armed Tenno. Shadowy humanoid figures swarm towards Tenno standing in a vaguely circular pattern around an Obelisk. You can recognize the courtyard of the Monastery.