Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

On 10/7/2017 at 4:49 PM, Rakawan said:

The apparition laughs.

"Oh don't act so high and mighty." It says. "Like you've never taken anything that wasn't your......"

A glowing tendril of energy darts into the room, seizing the apparition and slamming it into the wall several times until it disperses.

"No stowaways!" Marco shouts from down the hall.

Richard chuckled to himself as the apparition was dispersed with prejudice.

Now, then.  Wherever his body was, it would still have a heartbeat - and he knew his own heartbeat better than he knew anyone else's other than Lydia.

14 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Master, no." He says. "Another one of their wards, it seems. But I did occupy a position of not inconsiderable authority before my demise, and so the young ones show some respect."

"Wards? All this talk about ranks is getting me somewhat curious to the hierarchy your group tends to.' 

2 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Wards? All this talk about ranks is getting me somewhat curious to the hierarchy your group tends to.' 

"It's simple." Samuel says. "There are the Keepers and Gideon, and then there is everyone else."

Gallik chuckles.

"He's not far off." He says. "At the top you have the Grandmaster, he makes the big decisions, and keeps everyone in line. Then you have the other four masters, who handle most of the important tasks, and teach lessons on the various Tenno Schools. We shades are about equal to them. Technically we are their wards, that is their duty is to protect and maintain us, however we posses no actual authority over them. The neophytes are their students, and ours at times, and perform the day to day tasks, like cleaning and maintenance of the building. The Archivists, human volunteers, work under them, and care for the books and notes we shades write. Samuel is a Neophyte, but his sharp tongue and temper lead to him doing more archival work than student work."

6 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard chuckled to himself as the apparition was dispersed with prejudice.

Now, then.  Wherever his body was, it would still have a heartbeat - and he knew his own heartbeat better than he knew anyone else's other than Lydia.

With your focus on finding the heartbeat you miss the next thing the tendril deposits in the room. 

You however do not miss the thump thump emanating from it's chest as it shambles towards you.

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

With your focus on finding the heartbeat you miss the next thing the tendril deposits in the room. 

You however do not miss the thump thump emanating from it's chest as it shambles towards you.

"Oh, hey, that's a thing," said Richard as he began to move away from it in the same direction as he'd been going when he'd entered this room.

52 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Oh, hey, that's a thing," said Richard as he began to move away from it in the same direction as he'd been going when he'd entered this room.

Your body continues to shamble towards you, arms outstretched like a hungry sleepwalker reaching for a muffin on the counter.

"Disconcerting isn't it." Tak says, floating into the room.

His body follows him, walking gracefully, two cups of hot tea in it's hand.

"They always do that at first." He says. "The trick is to get yourself into a pattern, give the body something to do while you're out."

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Your body continues to shamble towards you, arms outstretched like a hungry sleepwalker reaching for a muffin on the counter.

"Disconcerting isn't it." Tak says, floating into the room.

His body follows him, walking gracefully, two cups of hot tea in it's hand.

"They always do that at first." He says. "The trick is to get yourself into a pattern, give the body something to do while you're out."

"Oh, that IS me.  Gocha."  Richard moved and touched the outstretched hand of his body.  "Thought for a second it was something that other guy cooked up."

On 10/9/2017 at 7:02 PM, Rakawan said:

"It's simple." Samuel says. "There are the Keepers and Gideon, and then there is everyone else."

Gallik chuckles.

"He's not far off." He says. "At the top you have the Grandmaster, he makes the big decisions, and keeps everyone in line. Then you have the other four masters, who handle most of the important tasks, and teach lessons on the various Tenno Schools. We shades are about equal to them. Technically we are their wards, that is their duty is to protect and maintain us, however we posses no actual authority over them. The neophytes are their students, and ours at times, and perform the day to day tasks, like cleaning and maintenance of the building. The Archivists, human volunteers, work under them, and care for the books and notes we shades write. Samuel is a Neophyte, but his sharp tongue and temper lead to him doing more archival work than student work."

"So Grandmaster, masters, shades, neophytes and lastly Archivists." Fell summed up as he looked over to Samuel. "So, what makes it that you have such a distaste for Gideon?" 

Edited by kyrozon

8 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Oh, that IS me.  Gocha."  Richard moved and touched the outstretched hand of his body.  "Thought for a second it was something that other guy cooked up."

You find yourself standing in a leaning stance, arms outstretched. Tak rises, now in his coporeal form, and hands you a cup of tea.

"Believe me you will want that." He says. "In three... two..."

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You find yourself standing in a leaning stance, arms outstretched. Tak rises, now in his coporeal form, and hands you a cup of tea.

"Believe me you will want that." He says. "In three... two..."

Richard took the tea and drained it before collapsing to a sitting position.  "Indeed.  I assume this part also gets easier?"

6 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard took the tea and drained it before collapsing to a sitting position.  "Indeed.  I assume this part also gets easier?"

The tea has an extremely dry and bitter taste, so much so that you could swear several taste buds just shriveled and died. However you notice all senses except taste, which becomes sharper, dull as you drink it, a welcome change as you can suddenly feel again. 

You can feel blood rush through veins once more, feel your heart resume its normal rhythm. You can feel pins and needles across your body as nerves suddenly begin streaming information to your brain. 

After the moments you spent without such sensations they are nearly overwhelming. The taste if the tea, and its numbing effect, draws your attention away from then however.

"It does." Tak says. "However I doubt it will soon. Unlike the other tools you will be shown, projection is not one to be used for simple amusement, or even mundane tasks. There are very real dangers involved. Stay outside your body too long, or go too far, and you die. No resets, no do over. This isn't Transference, there is no safety recall system."

He sips his tea.

"Do you understand?" He asks.

38 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The tea has an extremely dry and bitter taste, so much so that you could swear several taste buds just shriveled and died. However you notice all senses except taste, which becomes sharper, dull as you drink it, a welcome change as you can suddenly feel again. 

You can feel blood rush through veins once more, feel your heart resume its normal rhythm. You can feel pins and needles across your body as nerves suddenly begin streaming information to your brain. 

After the moments you spent without such sensations they are nearly overwhelming. The taste if the tea, and its numbing effect, draws your attention away from then however.

"It does." Tak says. "However I doubt it will soon. Unlike the other tools you will be shown, projection is not one to be used for simple amusement, or even mundane tasks. There are very real dangers involved. Stay outside your body too long, or go too far, and you die. No resets, no do over. This isn't Transference, there is no safety recall system."

He sips his tea.

"Do you understand?" He asks.

Richard nodded.  "Don't go too far or stay out too long.  Sounds like something you'd tell your children."  He looked at his own body and chuckled.  "Oh, wait."

17 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard nodded.  "Don't go too far or stay out too long.  Sounds like something you'd tell your children."  He looked at his own body and chuckled.  "Oh, wait."

"This is not a joke." Tak says. "You are stepping into a world of power that is not understood even by we who practice it. So far you have splashed around in the shallows, content to use old tools in new ways. These are the depths, the very limits of our nature. There are no maps, there are no guaruntees."

22 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"This is not a joke." Tak says. "You are stepping into a world of power that is not understood even by we who practice it. So far you have splashed around in the shallows, content to use old tools in new ways. These are the depths, the very limits of our nature. There are no maps, there are no guaruntees."

Richard nodded.  "I know.  But you know me, Tak.  Without my sense of humor, who am I?"  He paused.  "The dangers are not lost on me.  I also don't think I'll be using projection very often until I've mastered the other tools."

Edited by Yzjdriel

On 10/10/2017 at 10:19 AM, kyrozon said:

"So Grandmaster, masters, shades, neophytes and lastly Archivists." Fell summed up as he looked over to Samuel. "So, what makes it that you have such a distaste for Gideon?" 

"He has no goals." Samuel says. 

"Serving others is a goal." Gallik says. "An a far more honorable one that personal status, a lesson you could stand to learn young Neophyte."

7 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard nodded.  "I know.  But you know me, Tak.  Without my sense of humor, who am I?"  He paused.  "The dangers are not lost on me.  I also don't think I'll be using projection very often until I've mastered the other tools.

"We have arrived." Marcus says. "I can't get you any closer."

Tak nods.

"I understand." He says. "Reach out to the void around you, see if you can find us a path to the ground."

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"He has no goals." Samuel says. 

"Serving others is a goal." Gallik says. "An a far more honorable one that personal status, a lesson you could stand to learn young Neophyte."

"And what if he ends up serving the wrong people? I once had a goal of serving someone else and that led me astray from a noble path."

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"We have arrived." Marcus says. "I can't get you any closer."

Tak nods.

"I understand." He says. "Reach out to the void around you, see if you can find us a path to the ground."

So they'd made it to Mars.  Richard reached out to see what was going on outside the ship.

On 04/10/2017 at 12:26 AM, Rakawan said:

It is indeed fancy.

The desk clerk looks at you.

"Can I help you miss?" He asks.

This particular clerk looks rather young to have such a job.

"Yeah I was given this voucher, could I stay here," Treya asked being a little suspicious of the situation.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:05 AM, Yzjdriel said:

So they'd made it to Mars.  Richard reached out to see what was going on outside the ship.

You can sense flows of void energy all around the planet, however none as as strong as those you found on Phenix. 

You can also sense several bright spots of void energy below, like tiny stars embedded in the surface.

On 10/20/2017 at 3:53 PM, Deathstar699 said:

"Yeah I was given this voucher, could I stay here," Treya asked being a little suspicious of the situation.

"Of course miss." He says. 

He takes the voucher and fumbles with it. 

"Sorry." He says. "First day."

On 10/13/2017 at 1:52 AM, kyrozon said:

"And what if he ends up serving the wrong people? I once had a goal of serving someone else and that led me astray from a noble path."

"Good judgement is always required." Gallik says. "But I have seen more evil come from selfish folk, than selfless ones."

13 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Good judgement is always required." Gallik says. "But I have seen more evil come from selfish folk, than selfless ones."

"Sometimes the ones with good sounding intend end up doing the worse things." Fell remarked as he turned to Samuel. "Say any chance you could show me around Phenix? I don't remeber much from the last time I was here."

21 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You can sense flows of void energy all around the planet, however none as as strong as those you found on Phenix. 

You can also sense several bright spots of void energy below, like tiny stars embedded in the surface.

"Anything in particular we're looking to avoid?"