Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

Ryoko puts his hand on the Ash.

"If you remember the Orokin then you remember the Ajducants." He says. "Remember, the ones who decided when a contest of honor was due. You remember how ritualized things were. As Adjucant I can declare this cause for such a contest."

He grabbed the Lex and lowered it.

"Just like the Old world." He said. "You get your vengeance, he learns his lesson. And instead of watching the Archons arrest our new visitors, they get to see something from the old times. A proper duel."

He waved away an Archon.

"Nothing to see here." He said. "Just a little squabble."

He looked back to the Ash.

"This way you get to make a statement in front of others." He said. "Destroy his warframe here and no one knows. Hek he'd probably run around denying it happened. Far better to beat him in an Arena. In front of the others. Where he can't make up stories."

((Ooh, Ooh! Pick me!))

A Scimitar with some... abnormal equipment modifications flew in and requested passage to Synergy. It's owner was a black and slightly-purple Volt Prime, wearing decorative armor and a Salix Syandana. "Requesting punch permission.", came the first transmission.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Simon checked the scanners.

"Name?" He asked. "Also we are detecting modifications to your ship? Might I ask the purpose of these?"

"LordOfTheEnd14. The mods? They're combat mods, but I keep 'em off most of the time. Energy drain is far too high. I'd burn out the generators permanently if I kept 'em on for more than 5 minutes."

Just now, Rakawan said:

((Most people use names for roleplay. Usernames make it harder to make the story flow.))

((Most people shorten it to Lord. I would say that IC, but this is a bit of a more formal situation, so it wouldn't make much sense. So, for most intents and purposes, the name is actually Lord.))

Simon smiled. A combat ship. Perhaps he could share some idea with Ryoko. He would probably love to see the Fenrir.

"Alright." He said. "May I ask your reason for visiting?"

"Mission of knowledge. I'm what my clan calls a 'forerunner'. We run ahead to new areas in the system, then bring in the rest of the Guild of the End's functions once we confirm it's worth doing. I'm basically here to explore and see what the place has to offer."

Simon almost pressed the clear button before he heard the second half of the explanation.

"These 'functions'," He said. "They are to promote the Tenno cause correct?"

"Of course they do, Lotus'd have my head if they didn't. Mainly just R&D with salvaged materials or exotic native wildlife, but some other side projects may pop up, depending on the situation."

Simon thought of the Behemoth's on Phenix.

"Oh you'll find some interesting wildlife there." He said. "Alright you are cleared for punch."

He pressed the button and paused.

"Oh and the Formorian is friendly." He said. "Just a heads up."

((If you want an image of the planet check the earlier posts.))

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Simon thought of the Behemoth's on Phenix.

"Oh you'll find some interesting wildlife there." He said. "Alright you are cleared for punch."

He pressed the button and paused.

"Oh and the Formorian is friendly." He said. "Just a heads up."

((If you want an image of the planet check the earlier posts.))

"Alright then, have a nice day now." Lord closed the channel.

As he neared the rail, he checked all systems, as some of his modifications were finicky when it came to rail travel. When all came back green, he punched into Synergy.

As he flew into atmosphere, he noticed the Fomorian (Of course, who wouldn't?), and wondered if the Steel Meridian had boosted its combat capabilities, the same as they had done to other Vaykor variations of existing weapons. As he grew nearer, he began to wonder how they'd managed to keep a planet-sized body off the radar of the system for such a long time, as he had only recently heard about it from an initiate at the Guild's Dojo.

As the ship punched into the system, Darrin ((Black Frost Prime with green striping)) looked over the scans of the ship.  It wasn't uncommon for Tenno to try fitting their landing craft with weaponry, but it was rare for these modifications to function: the power relays just couldn't handle the necessary energy throughput.  This Tenno seemed to have bypassed the issue with the addition of further power cables, but the required power to run them would take a similar increase.  Huh, Curious.  He opened a channel to the ship.

"Incoming craft, this is Arbiter Darrin of Miraalan from the bridge of the Vaykor Fomorion, please state identification and purpose," then continued, "Formalities aside, I'm impressed you got weapon modifications to work, how long can they go before burning out?"

5 minutes ago, deinonychus1 said:

As the ship punched into the system, Darrin ((Black Frost Prime with green striping)) looked over the scans of the ship.  It wasn't uncommon for Tenno to try fitting their landing craft with weaponry, but it was rare for these modifications to function: the power relays just couldn't handle the necessary energy throughput.  This Tenno seemed to have bypassed the issue with the addition of further power cables, but the required power to run them would take a similar increase.  Huh, Curious.  He opened a channel to the ship.

"Incoming craft, this is Arbiter Darrin of Miraalan from the bridge of the Vaykor Fomorion, please state identification and purpose," then continued, "Formalities aside, I'm impressed you got weapon modifications to work, how long can they go before burning out?"

"LordOfTheEnd14, pleased to make your acquaintance, Arbiter.", Lord said with somewhat over-the-top politeness. "The mods only run due to extensive and highly intrusive procedures on both the generators and the power cables themselves. Even then, the weapon system itself can only fire a five-to-eight round volley before needing to stop before generator burnout. However, this system is extremely power-hungry, and the power system here could easily fit any other weapons platform."he explained. "Within reason, of course.", he amended, staring at the Fomorian's Siege Laser.

"I'm here as a forerunner for Guild Of The End, scouting out Synergy for possible resources and facilities of use to us."

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

"While resources are somewhat scarce due to rebuilding from the recent attack by the Grineer, there is plenty of space for setting up facilities, in, around, and away from the cities, depending on the nature of said facilities.  Several clans have put embassies on the planet, already.  As to resources, there is plentiful wildlife, with the behemoths of particular interest, and the planet seems to have earth-like abundance of metal ores."  After looking at a console, he continues, "Final scan is complete, verifying you're clean of infestation and other hazards.  When you're ready, you're cleared to go planetside. Welcome to Phenix!"

As you view the planet a giant mine comes into view on the screens. A massive hole in the ground with automated systems. By the edge of this lies a forest, a moving speck catches your eye and the image zooms in. A massive creature stands on its hind legs, its front braced against a tree. It looks heavily armored and as you watch it smashes its body against the small tree, knocking it over. It falls to the ground and begins sweeping it's head over the ground.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you view the planet a giant mine comes into view on the screens. A massive hole in the ground with automated systems. By the edge of this lies a forest, a moving speck catches your eye and the image zooms in. A massive creature stands on its hind legs, its front braced against a tree. It looks heavily armored and as you watch it smashes its body against the small tree, knocking it over. It falls to the ground and begins sweeping it's head over the ground.

Lord watched the enormous being, pulling a Snipetron Vandal from his back. He loaded it with a clip of custom-tooled Ballista armor-piercing rounds. "I'm not leaving here without a trophy from one of those things..." he whispered to himself as he watched it. He wondered what functions the various parts of the beast might serve. All would be found out, if he decided to get the Guild's R&D stations set up here...

18 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord watched the enormous being, pulling a Snipetron Vandal from his back. He loaded it with a clip of custom-tooled Ballista armor-piercing rounds. "I'm not leaving here without a trophy from one of those things..." he whispered to himself as he watched it. He wondered what functions the various parts of the beast might serve. All would be found out, if he decided to get the Guild's R&D stations set up here...

((Actually I will stay on a bit longer. This seems interesting.))

A hail comes in from the surface as the craft lands.

"Welcome to Phenix." A voice says. "I am Dirge. Arbiter Ryoko is away at the moment. I was told you were interested in wildlife."

The voice comes from a Red and Black Ash. A Vulkar Wraith sits on its back.

"Perhaps you would be interested in helping me with something "

The Warframe gestures to a cloud of dust as the craft settles into the dock.

"If not you may want to clear the area." He says. "Nothing major, just a little nature problem."

Upon closer inspection the dust seems to come from a land transport. A Behemoth charges after it. It's tusks swing side to side, narrowly missing the transport. Two Humans clenching Boar shotguns cling to the craft while a third wrenches the wheel back and forth desperately.

"Well perhaps not so little.."

((Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. Dirge is simply filling in as greeter since he would be head of security in Ryoko's absence.))

Edited by Rakawan
corrected Dirge's warframe choice

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((Actually I will stay on a bit longer. This seems interesting.))

A hail comes in from the surface as the craft lands.

"Welcome to Phenix." A voice says. "I am Dirge. Arbiter Ryoko is away at the moment. I was told you were interested in wildlife."

The voice comes from a Red and Black Atlas. A Vulkar Wraith sits on its back.

"Perhaps you would be interested in helping me with something "

The Warframe gestures to a cloud of dust as the craft settles into the dock.

"If not you may want to clear the area." He says. "Nothing major, just a little nature problem."

Upon closer inspection the dust seems to come from a land transport. A Behemoth charges after it. It's tusks swing side to side, narrowly missing the transport. Two Humans clenching Boar shotguns cling to the craft while a third wrenches the wheel back and forth desperately.

"Well perhaps not so little.."

Lord smiled beneath his helmet. He turned to the Atlas. "Any regulation on the type of weaponry used? This thing looks as fun to take down as an Ogma without an Archwing.", he said as he reached for his Akjagara. "Which is to say, very fun."