Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

22 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He leans back* "3 Plans. A: We sneak in, locate the kid and rush him to the ship, I...think I got enough juice in me to....foucefuilly bring us to the ship, it will drain a lot out of me, but...its worth the risk" *He clears his throat* "B: We hijack the coms and call Sam to bring them to our ship willingly. The last idea is well....we call in a favour, I do have some friends there, hopefully, they are here, to bring him, I can still pay them"

Sena thinks for a moment.  "How much do you trust those 'friends' to not immediately alert the Fortress to our plans if they say no?" she asks.  "I would prefer option A."

13 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Sena thinks for a moment.  "How much do you trust those 'friends' to not immediately alert the Fortress to our plans if they say no?" she asks.  "I would prefer option A."

"That's a good point, given what I have done, maybe they changed their mind..." *He nods* "Let's do plan A, I suggest we change our ID again" *He ponders for a second* "Maybe I got one 'friend' who I can try to restore my love and 'hate' and forever 'Tormenting' issues" *Zaeed heads to the back of the Orbiter to make a private call* "Hey Sena, think up of a good ID for us, I doubt being wife and husband will cut it this time" *He finally says, jumping into a room to make the said call*

On 2018-09-07 at 11:38 AM, Yzjdriel said:

The shuttle returns you to the ground.  A waypoint lights up on your map.

((Whoops, missed the posts from Rak.  Take Two:

Wilco nods, before embarking onto the Archwing again and taking off to the coordinates.

@WilcotheWolf

The coordinates are those of a Grineer installation.  There does not appear to be anyone outside, but the automated turrets fire at you as you approach.

On 2018-04-10 at 2:27 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco nods, before embarking onto the Archwing again and taking off to the coordinates.

The coordinates turn out to be a Grineer outpost atop a large hill.  There doesn't seem to be anyone outside, but the automated defenses take aim and begin firing at you as you approach.

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

The coordinates turn out to be a Grineer outpost atop a large hill.  There doesn't seem to be anyone outside, but the automated defenses take aim and begin firing at you as you approach.

(Yeah yeah, I'm responding. I don't always respond straight away.)

Wilco flies around, trying to dodge the attacks and find somewhere to land.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-09-14 at 12:32 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

(Yeah yeah, I'm responding. I don't always respond straight away.)

Wilco flies around, trying to dodge the attacks and find somewhere to land.

((No worries.  I'll be delayed sometimes as well.))

The base itself provides cover enough for you to land.  It seems the Grineer did not design the installation as efficiently as possible.  Given that it was designed by Grineer, this is not at all a surprise.

The automated defenses cease firing when you drop out of their line of sight.  Upon landing, you can see that the Grineer seem to be staying indoors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-04 at 12:22 PM, Yzjdriel said:

((No worries.  I'll be delayed sometimes as well.))

The base itself provides cover enough for you to land.  It seems the Grineer did not design the installation as efficiently as possible.  Given that it was designed by Grineer, this is not at all a surprise.

The automated defenses cease firing when you drop out of their line of sight.  Upon landing, you can see that the Grineer seem to be staying indoors.

Wilco draws his boltor and starts to move inside, ready to fight if need be.

On 2018-10-13 at 1:12 PM, (XB1)chillichillman said:

He stops. "I am.  Is something needed of me?"  He folds his arms in front of him.

The messenger nods and finishes catching their breath.  "There appears to be an issue on Earth that the Arbiter believes you can assist with.  There are at least three different antagonistic factions there, and the Ostron Colony is having difficulty mounting a sustained defense.  More specifics should be available when you arrive."

1 minute ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco quickly, well, as quick as the boltor allows, fires 8 bolts off at the grineer, taking a few shots on the shields as he does so, before sliding behind cover and peeking, firing off another 5.

The Grineer go down easily.  It would seem that the more tactically competent units are stationed elsewhere.  There do not appear to be any Ghouls among them.

He continues his assault, stopping only when no more of them seemed to be around. Sighing and taking a breath, he reloads the boltor and stands up, before starting to move further into the cave.

The Grineer go down easily.  It would seem that the more tactically competent units are stationed elsewhere.  There do not appear to be any Ghouls among them.

Edited by WilcotheWolf

11 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

The messenger nods and finishes catching their breath.  "There appears to be an issue on Earth that the Arbiter believes you can assist with.  There are at least three different antagonistic factions there, and the Ostron Colony is having difficulty mounting a sustained defense.  More specifics should be available when you arrive."

He ponders a moment. "Understood."  he clenches his fists, summoning his atlas frame around himself, and sprints back to the monastery courtyard, calling in his ship as he moves. When he gets there, he waits a moment, seeing if there will be anyone joining him. If none are found, he jumps up into the liset, and enters the coordinates to cetus. 

On 2018-10-15 at 12:45 PM, (XB1)chillichillman said:

He ponders a moment. "Understood."  he clenches his fists, summoning his atlas frame around himself, and sprints back to the monastery courtyard, calling in his ship as he moves. When he gets there, he waits a moment, seeing if there will be anyone joining him. If none are found, he jumps up into the liset, and enters the coordinates to cetus. 

Upon arriving at Cetus, you can tell that things aren't proceeding under 'normal' circumstances.  There's an unusual amount of activity occurring for the time of night.  Upon closer inspection as you land, your Landing Craft's sensors detect the problem:  Ghouls.  A much larger crowd of them than anything the Plains have seen before is moving steadily toward the doors to Cetus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-10-15 at 12:59 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

He continues his assault, stopping only when no more of them seemed to be around. Sighing and taking a breath, he reloads the boltor and stands up, before starting to move further into the cave.

The cave is highly-developed, but there aren't a lot of soldiers manning the defensive emplacements.  He meets little resistance as he proceeds further.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-10-18 at 12:03 AM, Yzjdriel said:

Upon arriving at Cetus, you can tell that things aren't proceeding under 'normal' circumstances.  There's an unusual amount of activity occurring for the time of night.  Upon closer inspection as you land, your Landing Craft's sensors detect the problem:  Ghouls.  A much larger crowd of them than anything the Plains have seen before is moving steadily toward the doors to Cetus.

Stabilis flies over Cetus, jumping out and landing by the shore, sending a large plume of sand up from the impact.  He stands, running towards the doors, and stops to speak to an Ostron.  "Who is in charge here?" he does his best to make himself look un-intimidating.

23 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Stabilis flies over Cetus, jumping out and landing by the shore, sending a large plume of sand up from the impact.  He stands, running towards the doors, and stops to speak to an Ostron.  "Who is in charge here?" he does his best to make himself look un-intimidating.

The Ostron indicates a strange assortment of people near the doors to the Plains of Eidolon.  There appears to be an old human man and woman, an individual wearing odd clothing that completely covered their face, a deep purple Trinity Prime, a black and crimson Mirage Prime, and a young female wearing Perrin Sequence attire.  They were poring over a table upon which a holographic topographical map was being displayed, occasionally gesturing to different parts of it.  The conversation was low and fluid, and all involved appeared to be in complete agreement.  "You'll want Frank if you plan on getting the short version of the mess we're in."

On 2018-11-13 at 2:00 PM, Yzjdriel said:

The Ostron indicates a strange assortment of people near the doors to the Plains of Eidolon.  There appears to be an old human man and woman, an individual wearing odd clothing that completely covered their face, a deep purple Trinity Prime, a black and crimson Mirage Prime, and a young female wearing Perrin Sequence attire.  They were poring over a table upon which a holographic topographical map was being displayed, occasionally gesturing to different parts of it.  The conversation was low and fluid, and all involved appeared to be in complete agreement.  "You'll want Frank if you plan on getting the short version of the mess we're in."

Stabilis walks over to them.  "Tell me, what is happening with these, ghouls?"  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-15 at 3:58 PM, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Stabilis walks over to them.  "Tell me, what is happening with these, ghouls?"  

"It's not just ghouls, mate," the Mirage replied.  "It's Ghouls, Infested, OTHER Infested, Remnant, and Eidola.  We'd have our hands full with any one of those problems, but all of them at once?  It's basically a 'guard the door' scenario at this point.  We're trying to get a group to Hek's Stiletto to try to draw some attention away from Cetus, but it's slow going.  But fresh eyes may help here, so have you got any ideas?"

On 2018-12-03 at 4:46 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco keeps an eye out for any ambushes of the sort, and possibly traps.

Ambushes don't seem to be in the Grineer's playbook.  Traps, however, are - however, they are the classic electric proximity traps that are disarmed by bullets.  Easily spotted, easily bypassed.

A second door blocks your path at the end of the tunnel.  It is locked.