The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Two lefts then a right." He says. "Wait... no that was the Citadel...."

He scratches his chin.

"First left after the eleva.... No that was the labs." He says. "Have I been here before?"

It seems he will be of little help.

Now, the helmet concealed his ironic grin.

"Take care of yourself there, civilian," the heavy said, continuing to wander at his own discretion

Edited by Teloch

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The rail deposits you in orbit. There are several Tenno ships waiting there, along with every type of ship from fighters to Dreadnoughts.

The Dreadnoughts seem of orokin design, while the small fighters do not match any design aesthetic you have seen so far.

-Hermes examined the ships, then.-  "I've been cleared.  Where can I set this ship down?"

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

"Ohwell, I'm sure Shawn will show up soon enough." Evan's mumbled, trailing after War. "Got an idea to what the Keepers want to show?"

A high pitched and wheezy voice echoes out.

"You think you've won don't you." The elder Kween croons. "Taken me from my home. Infested my palace like cockroaches. My sister will prove you...."

"Right." Death says. 

You round the corner to see him upend a bag. The heads of the Twin Kweens fall to the ground. 

The shade of the Elder Kween recoils. 

"How dare you." She says. "We are..."

"You." Death says. "Are nothing more than an echo of a lost empire. You exist because we desire answers. And your comfort in this existence depends the value of your intel."

The Kween grabs the obsidian bars, then recoils.

"You may not have a physical form anymore." Death says. "But even beings of data and energy can experience pain."

He turns to Evans.

"Ahhh, Acting Warlord." He says. "We have contained the shade of the Elder Kween. Would you like to ask her anything?"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Now, the helmet concealed his ironic grin.

"Take care of yourself there, civilian," the heavy said, continuing to wander at his own discretion

The invitation sets the location of the wedding as Lua, it appears you have been invited to the private wedding, not the public one. It also says that transportation will be arranged. 

You can hear the sounds of someone practicing Kata coming from a side corridor. You can also smell fresh air and flowers.

Just now, Rakawan said:

There is a landing pad near a Tenno style monastary.

-There is an awkward moment as Hermes wonders how he failed that spot check.-  "...right.  ...putting the ship down."  -Upon landing, he exits, Fortuna following soon thereafter.-

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The invitation sets the location of the wedding as Lua, it appears you have been invited to the private wedding, not the public one. It also says that transportation will be arranged. 

You can hear the sounds of someone practicing Kata coming from a side corridor. You can also smell fresh air and flowers.

It's hard to say what darwn him to the corridor: the smell or the sounds. Nevertheless, he gave in to his curiosity.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

It's hard to say what darwn him to the corridor: the smell or the sounds. Nevertheless, he gave in to his curiosity.

Two tenno are practicing kata. An Oberon and an Excalibur

The Excalibur flows through the forms, the movements obviously an artform in his mind.

The Oberon is more deliberate. His movements mimic those one would use in combat. There is a weight behind them, not a carefree motion of the standard practitioner.

"And you did not accompany her." The excalibur asks. "She is after all, your wife."

"She requested that she be allowed to deal with this on her own." He says. "Besides, she is using transference. She wanted me here in case anything happens and she needs to be disconnected. Not to mention that our son is due any day now, and these things rarely happen at convenient times."

"And yet you are in a garden practicing kata." The Ecalibur says.

"I needed fresh air." He says. "The Cephalon will alert me if anything changes. I cannot help her if I am stressed."

You may recognize the two as Jas and Philip, two of the previous initiates, now fully fledged Tenno.

1 hour ago, Sintag said:

-There is an awkward moment as Hermes wonders how he failed that spot check.-  "...right.  ...putting the ship down."  -Upon landing, he exits, Fortuna following soon thereafter.-

A flash of pink and then something roughly human-sized, but moving to fast to make out, erupts from midair to strike you wrapping around you and staggering you back. 

Something pink and wavy flies out behind it.

"Hermes!" Lucy's voice exclaims. "You came to visit!"

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Two tenno are practicing kata. An Oberon and an Excalibur

The Excalibur flows through the forms, the movements obviously an artform in his mind.

The Oberon is more deliberate. His movements mimic those one would use in combat. There is a weight behind them, not a carefree motion of the standard practitioner.

"And you did not accompany her." The excalibur asks. "She is after all, your wife."

"She requested that she be allowed to deal with this on her own." He says. "Besides, she is using transference. She wanted me here in case anything happens and she needs to be disconnected. Not to mention that our son is due any day now, and these things rarely happen at convenient times."

"And yet you are in a garden practicing kata." The Ecalibur says.

"I needed fresh air." He says. "The Cephalon will alert me if anything changes. I cannot help her if I am stressed."

You may recognize the two as Jas and Philip, two of the previous initiates, now fully fledged Tenno.

Even though tidbits of conversation between two operatives settled in his mind, Siger decided to mutely examine the interiors, not disturbing anyone in particular.

1 hour ago, Sintag said:

-WHAM! made itself known as Hermes staggered, nearly slamming the back of his head against his own ship.-  "Hey there, Lucy."  -In spite of this, he gave her a soft smile, his hands on her shoulders now.-  "How've you been?"

"Well Tony and Seth got into an arguent in Teloch's class, and then Tony disappeared." She says. "And I've decided to join the Vazarin Focus. There's gonna be a wedding, I'll have to get you an invitation. And I may get to see Lua next week. How are you?"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Even though tidbits of conversation between two operatives settled in his mind, Siger decided to mutely examine the interiors, not disturbing anyone in particular.

The garden is full of flower petals, drifting in the breeze and the air currents caused by the two tenno. They lend the area a living feel. The room feels responsive, yet peaceful, a place for one to examine oneself in the full.

The walls are smooth stone and the room is courtyard sized, every inch carefully crafted.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Well Tony and Seth got into an arguent in Teloch's class, and then Tony disappeared." She says. "And I've decided to join the Vazarin Focus. There's gonna be a wedding, I'll have to get you an invitation. And I may get to see Lua next week. How are you?"

-Lua?  She was going places fast.-  "Just got back from helping secure some cargo.  Near Eris.  It was...Well, it was quite a day.  ...And, who's Tony and Seth?  Who's Teloch?  Who are these people?"

1 hour ago, Sintag said:

-Lua?  She was going places fast.-  "Just got back from helping secure some cargo.  Near Eris.  It was...Well, it was quite a day.  ...And, who's Tony and Seth?  Who's Teloch?  Who are these people?"

"Oh I forgot you haven't met them." She says. "Well Teloch is this stern old guy who was teaching a class on Maduri. Seth is one of my fellow initiates. He's a rhino, and very bullheaded sometimes. And Tony is."

"Listening. Intently." A voice says. "So. You. Are. Hermes."

A young blonde man stands in the doorway to the landing pad, a keen eye would note sores on his wrists, much like one would have from wearing cuffs. He looks you up and down, sizing you up as one warrior would another. He speaks with great effort.

"She. Has. Spoken. Highly. Of. You." He says. "Welcome. Friend. Of. My. Friend."

"What happened to your cuffs?" Lucy asks.

"I. Grew. Tired. Of. Them." He says. "They. Would. Not. Have. Held. Me. Anyways."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The garden is full of flower petals, drifting in the breeze and the air currents caused by the two tenno. They lend the area a living feel. The room feels responsive, yet peaceful, a place for one to examine oneself in the full.

The walls are smooth stone and the room is courtyard sized, every inch carefully crafted.

He silently moved to a spot that looked most appealing to him and sat down, allowing the cat to fool around, to play with dingly flowers and to chomp some grass.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Oh I forgot you haven't met them." She says. "Well Teloch is this stern old guy who was teaching a class on Maduri. Seth is one of my fellow initiates. He's a rhino, and very bullheaded sometimes. And Tony is."

"Listening. Intently." A voice says. "So. You. Are. Hermes."

A young blonde man stands in the doorway to the landing pad, a keen eye would note sores on his wrists, much like one would have from wearing cuffs. He looks you up and down, sizing you up as one warrior would another. He speaks with great effort.

"She. Has. Spoken. Highly. Of. You." He says. "Welcome. Friend. Of. My. Friend."

"What happened to your cuffs?" Lucy asks.

"I. Grew. Tired. Of. Them." He says. "They. Would. Not. Have. Held. Me. Anyways."

"Good to meet you too."  -Hermes doesn't convey much in the way of body language - Another defense mechanism, he supposed - But he wondered why Tony needed cuffs.-

1 hour ago, Sintag said:

"Good to meet you too."  -Hermes doesn't convey much in the way of body language - Another defense mechanism, he supposed - But he wondered why Tony needed cuffs.-

"Tony tried to kill our last teacher." She says.

"Tried. NOT. To. Kill." He says. "Mental. Programming. Not. Easy. To. Shake."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

He silently moved to a spot that looked most appealing to him and sat down, allowing the cat to fool around, to play with dingly flowers and to chomp some grass.

Chomping some grass provokes a shock from a hidden defense system. The flowers look to beautiful to disturb.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Tony tried to kill our last teacher." She says.

"Tried. NOT. To. Kill." He says. "Mental. Programming. Not. Easy. To. Shake."

"...Well.  I know a woman, a Nyx.  She might be a lot more suited to assisting you than I am.  Sorry to hear that."  -Hermes's face was one of genuine concern.  He wouldn't wish for mental programming on even his worst enemies.-

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Chomping some grass provokes a shock from a hidden defense system. The flowers look to beautiful to disturb.

The man began to fiddle with his frame's bort computer in silence. The cat hid herself (sort of) in the bushes.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

A high pitched and wheezy voice echoes out.

"You think you've won don't you." The elder Kween croons. "Taken me from my home. Infested my palace like cockroaches. My sister will prove you...."

"Right." Death says. 

You round the corner to see him upend a bag. The heads of the Twin Kweens fall to the ground. 

The shade of the Elder Kween recoils. 

"How dare you." She says. "We are..."

"You." Death says. "Are nothing more than an echo of a lost empire. You exist because we desire answers. And your comfort in this existence depends the value of your intel."

The Kween grabs the obsidian bars, then recoils.

"You may not have a physical form anymore." Death says. "But even beings of data and energy can experience pain."

He turns to Evans.

"Ahhh, Acting Warlord." He says. "We have contained the shade of the Elder Kween. Would you like to ask her anything?"

It took Evan a few seconds to process the heads on the ground and the two Kweens being in a cell. His attention being grabbed as Death mentions the physical form. "Hmm, do you have anything to tell about this 'Kuva'? I've heard your sister is trying to collect it." The Oberon looked at the Orokin queen, she was a shade, yet the strange urge to strangle her remained. "Not that she had much succes from what I heard." Evan added.

It took Evan a few seconds to process the heads on the ground and the two Kweens being in a cell. His attention being grabbed as Death mentions the physical form. "Hmm, do you have anything to tell about this 'Kuva'? I've heard your sister is trying to collect it." The Oberon looked at the Orokin queen, she was a shade, yet the strange urge to strangle her remained. "Not that she had much succes from what I heard." Evan added.

"Her sister is dead." Death says. "Killed during a raid. The report should have reached Aaron's desk last evening."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Her sister is dead." Death says. "Killed during a raid. The report should have reached Aaron's desk last evening."

Evans lets out a sigh. "Should've checked that first... Maybe its better if I do read it before I start asking questions."

Evans lets out a sigh. "Should've checked that first... Maybe its better if I do read it before I start asking questions."

"We have acquired some of this... Kuva." Death says. "Shall I have it sent to the labs?"