The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 hours ago, kyrozon said:

The oberon rises from his seat and heads to the quantum entrance, hoping to get there as the nomads land.

--------

The Volt goes stand infront of the Kween, shortly bowing yet again, although with a more respecting stance. "Never thought I had the honour of meeting Orokin blood ever again."

The Nomads can be seen parachuting down onto the sand.

---------------

She seems to perk up slightly.

"Flattery will get you nowhere." She says. "Still it is nice to see some of you children have manners."

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"Since you cannot truly eat, perhaps taste it?"  Sarah drifts a bit closer, cautious of this second time she's been offered consumables. She grabs a piece of chicken, puts it in her mouth, and...

((Can shades eat? let's find out.))

((Given her special status she can taste things slightly, and burn the food for chemical energy. Less efficient than drawing from the ley lines but handy for following social things.))

The food triggers hazy memories of what it tastes like.

4 hours ago, Teloch said:

"Well, we weren't very prepared to face genocidal aliens when they threw us at them. If you prefer not to throw the youngsters into the deep end, then let's hope that girl will have luck in rallying them together"

The heavy ignored Loki's prank and lift the excalibur to his normal stance by his shoulder.

"Save your mannerism for ceremonies, soldier" he commented the gesture. 

While Siger took a moment to open his HUD and to set the autopilot to deliver the vessel, Baast leaped from the bush she was hiding in and playfully pounced at Dixion.

"Make your preparations and keep in mind that we don't know what lies ahead. Orokin did not call void the "demon space" for nothing"

((Philip is the Excalibur, not Jas. Got my own OC's confused.))

Dixon swaps places with a confused Jas, leaving the Oberon to get pounced on.

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Nomads can be seen parachuting down onto the sand.

---------------

She seems to perk up slightly.

"Flattery will get you nowhere." She says. "Still it is nice to see some of you children have manners."

Evan looked at the group of Nomads as they landed. Looking for who their leader might be.

---------

"Oh, but I do see meeting anyone of orokin blood as a honour, considering my kin have slaughtered them in the old war. I've always liked there aesthetics, but it does make me curious as to why the Kuva fortress is Black and Red. Is it as a way to repel the orokin that once supressed the Grinneer?"

31 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Evan looked at the group of Nomads as they landed. Looking for who their leader might be.

---------

"Oh, but I do see meeting anyone of orokin blood as a honour, considering my kin have slaughtered them in the old war. I've always liked there aesthetics, but it does make me curious as to why the Kuva fortress is Black and Red. Is it as a way to repel the orokin that once supressed the Grinneer?"

One of them stands out. While others help eachother from the parachutes, or fold them, he looks around warily. His hand flies to his Gazal Machete as he sees you approach.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

One of them stands out. While others help eachother from the parachutes, or fold them, he looks around warily. His hand flies to his Gazal Machete as he sees you approach.

The oberon raises both his hands above his head. "I'm no enemy. The council told me you're interested in setting up a home here."

37 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

She laughs. 

"No the beasts are far too dull for that sort of thought." She says. "Black and red has always been both striking and intimidating. Fitting for a Kweeen, wouldn't you say?"

She shifts her stance to sit more comfortably, as if expecting the conversation to continue.

Edited by Rakawan

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

The oberon raises both his hands above his head. "I'm no enemy. The council told me you're interested in setting up a home here."

He nduges the man next to him, one packing a chute. The other man's stands, revealing a white haired and elderly figure.

"Greetings effendi." He says. "I am Kubar, elder of this tribe. Are you the chieftain of the Fire Hawks?"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

She laughs. 

"No the beasts are far to dull for that sort of thought." She says. "Black and red has always been high striking and intimidating. Fitting for a Kweeen, wouldn't you say?"

She shifts her stance to sit more comfortably, as if expecting the conversation to continue.

"Black and red does seem fitting if you describe it like that. Although lately I met too many "edgy" tenno rock that color scheme to truely be intimidated by it. Now it only really scares me when I see a completly blood covered warframe." The volt chirps, letting out a short laugh after he mentions the blood covered frame. "Reminds me of a video a friend sent me. A Tenno get back from stopping a Kuva siphon with their bloody frame as they stepped in our dojo. Let's just say that the janitor was less than pleased with that." 

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He nduges the man next to him, one packing a chute. The other man's stands, revealing a white haired and elderly figure.

"Greetings effendi." He says. "I am Kubar, elder of this tribe. Are you the chieftain of the Fire Hawks?"

"For the moment I'm indeed the chieftan. Our real leader had business to attend to back in our dojo sadly. The name is Evan." The oberon replies as he lowers his arms and folds them over eachother, studying the group to see what kind of weapons they carried. 

11 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Black and red does seem fitting if you describe it like that. Although lately I met too many "edgy" tenno rock that color scheme to truely be intimidated by it. Now it only really scares me when I see a completly blood covered warframe." The volt chirps, letting out a short laugh after he mentions the blood covered frame. "Reminds me of a video a friend sent me. A Tenno get back from stopping a Kuva siphon with their bloody frame as they stepped in our dojo. Let's just say that the janitor was less than pleased with that." 

"Though I understand the necessity of those machines I never fawned over them as the Worm did." She says. "You and her seem to share a fascination with them. Such loud and fragile things. They almost remind me of some Tenno."

14 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"For the moment I'm indeed the chieftan. Our real leader had business to attend to back in our dojo sadly. The name is Evan." The oberon replies as he lowers his arms and folds them over eachother, studying the group to see what kind of weapons they carried. 

He nods.

"well met." He says. 

The Nomads seem to prefer Gazal Machetes. However more than a few carry Grinlok rifles, or desert cammo Vulkar.

The look up as something swurrounded by swirling sand descends.

Edited by Rakawan

"Though I understand the necessity of those machines I never fawned over them as the Worm did." She says. "You and her seem to share a fascination with them. Such loud and fragile things. They almost remind me of some Tenno."

"Eh, I only took part in a few missions to take those machines down, and loud they most certainly are. I'm just intrugued that they can use our energy to power themselves, although I never had much chance to study them as I usually was being thrown around by Kuva Guards during those missions."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He nods.

"well met." He says. 

The Nomads seem to prefer Gazal Machetes. However more than a few carry Grinlok rifles, or desert cammo Vulkar.

The look up as something swurrounded by swirling sand descends.

Evan quickly notices the swirling sand too and pulls his Tiberon rifle of his back, aiming it up at the swirl. "For the love of... please don't tell me that is what I think it is..."

20 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Eh, I only took part in a few missions to take those machines down, and loud they most certainly are. I'm just intrugued that they can use our energy to power themselves, although I never had much chance to study them as I usually was being thrown around by Kuva Guards during those missions."

"They certainly are good at dealing with the rabble." She says. "I'm curious, how did your troops manage to get past them during your assault?"

19 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Evan quickly notices the swirling sand too and pulls his Tiberon rifle of his back, aiming it up at the swirl. "For the love of... please don't tell me that is what I think it is..."

The nomads also draw their rifles and point them... at you!

"At ease, children." The tornado says, slowing to reveal and Inaros. "I am no Sentient, brother."

His voice is wearing and rasps like sandpaper on stone.

"They certainly are good at dealing with the rabble." She says. "I'm curious, how did your troops manage to get past them during your assault?"

"Well, apparently the void can allow for more tricks than just power the warframes. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it manages to disarm the guardians and then its just the usual matter of putting as many bullets into em as possibe."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The nomads also draw their rifles and point them... at you!

"At ease, children." The tornado says, slowing to reveal and Inaros. "I am no Sentient, brother."

His voice is wearing and rasps like sandpaper on stone.

The oberon holsters his rifle as soon as the Inaros speaks up, bowing towards the tenno."Sorry for my reaction, but this place was infested with Sentients when we arrived here and it left me and my fellow tenno jumpy to say the least."

22 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice takes Richard's hand, smiling at Rip "Bartholomew, eh?"

Richard flicked his wrist and thumbed a button on his bracelet, and the three of them were sucked into a compressed space and then deposited unceremoniously on the floor of his office.  Richard coughed for a few seconds before gesticulating at his own throat with his right hand.

He stood up, sucking in a deep breath, and cleared Alice's and Rip's airways with another gesture.  "Sorry about that, you two.  I always forget that I'm not as good at that as the Keepers are."  He paused.  "Though admittedly that may be due to the fact that they use raw power and I use a technological knock-off designed for single-person transit to a set of specific, predetermined locations."  With a shrug, he moved to his desk and powered on a holographic console.

On 1/26/2017 at 4:50 PM, Rakawan said:

((Given her special status she can taste things slightly, and burn the food for chemical energy. Less efficient than drawing from the ley lines but handy for following social things.))

The food triggers hazy memories of what it tastes like.

Sarah grimaces slightly. "Spicy. I n-never likes hot foods."  Stabilis begins to eat, an action which was almost un-munk-like. Sarah tugged his arm. "L-let's go s-see some more of this place". 

10 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice shook her head a little, a small frown dissapearing from her face shortly after "You ever tried floating? Better than this telleport woodoo I can tell ya."

17 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard flicked his wrist and thumbed a button on his bracelet, and the three of them were sucked into a compressed space and then deposited unceremoniously on the floor of his office.  Richard coughed for a few seconds before gesticulating at his own throat with his right hand.

He stood up, sucking in a deep breath, and cleared Alice's and Rip's airways with another gesture.  "Sorry about that, you two.  I always forget that I'm not as good at that as the Keepers are."  He paused.  "Though admittedly that may be due to the fact that they use raw power and I use a technological knock-off designed for single-person transit to a set of specific, predetermined locations."  With a shrug, he moved to his desk and powered on a holographic console.

Rip has a far more... visceral reaction.

The trashcan is soon full of what was probably once his lunch.

He does not appear to be in a good mood.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Sarah grimaces slightly. "Spicy. I n-never likes hot foods."  Stabilis begins to eat, an action which was almost un-munk-like. Sarah tugged his arm. "L-let's go s-see some more of this place". 

Gallik nods his head.

"Agreed." He says. "It appears they have built new things since I last walked these streets. I would enjoy seeing what has changed."