The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

The Tenno lifts up his hand, lifting up the Lancer using his powers. A few seconds after a singly color of blue light rises from the ground to pierce through the lancer. "h-heh."

Death looks unimpressed.

"Rudimentary skills." He says. "What do you think, brother?"

Famine chuckles from where he stands behind you.

"I think he has a long way to go." He says. "But it is not an impossible goal."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Death looks unimpressed.

"Rudimentary skills." He says. "What do you think, brother?"

Famine chuckles from where he stands behind you.

"I think he has a long way to go." He says. "But it is not an impossible goal."

The volt shrugs as his gaze shifts to something in the corner, although not seeing anything different thus writing it off as his imagination. "I've never tried this before, so training probably would help."

One thing Death or Famine could spot is the slight distortion of an invisible Ivara wandering at the sides of the room.

The minutes continue to drag on. 

The Frost looks nervous, wary even. 

Finally the music starts again and A Banshee Prime, clad in gold and flowing silk, begins to walk down the asile. No veil covers her helmet, no trail of cloth follows her steps. 

The Frost relaxes, and stands now as if he had no cares in the world.

Beside the woman walks a ghost of the past, a projection of an Orokin man, adorned in finery. He stops as she takes her place, and looks directly at the Frost. The Groom bows deeply to him, and the shade returns the motion, dispersing into golden dust.

A Nekros Prime steps up behind the altar. An archaic book is held in one hand, and length of ribbon trails from the other.

""You all know who these two are." He says. "Or can guess. Both have claim to titles so long we would be hear till dusk if they were to be recited. For their sake I will not use them, they have waited long enough for eachother."

He chuckles.

"Not, by ritual, I am required to give the assembed a chance to demonstrate the true meaning of folly." He says. "So if anyone has a reason why these two should not be wed, speak now."

The three red and black warframes in the towers each loudly chamber a round in the Vullkar Wraith rifles they carry and set each on the railing of the platform, glancing pointedly at the crowd. The groom turns to look at the red and black Ash, who shrugs dismissively.

"It appears everyone here possess some common sense." The Nekros says. "Very well. Ryoko Tanis, Arbiter of Miraalan, Lord of the Reliqaury, first Keeper of the Oro: Do you take this woman to be your wife and lad, till the sun burns out and even time itself fades to dust?"

Ryoko seems to take a breath.

"When I awoke from cryosleep." He says. "I had nothing. No clan, no purpose, no family, at least none that I could recall."

He holds the Banshee's hands.

"I fought because I could, and others could not." He says. "I forged a path, alone and unaided, because I knew no other life."

He turns to look at the groomsmen.

"In time I found a clan, a purpose, a family." He looks at the Wraith. "And I realized that I had always had, but simply forgotten."

He looks back at his bride.

"But still something was missing." He says. "Whether by skill or luck, victory came easily to me. And yet as I celebrated what should have been my greatest achievement I felt empty."

He continues.

"And that emptiness birthed a memory." He says. "One I was almost too late to recover."

He looks at the Banshee Prime, staring through her helmet to the one behind it.

"You asked me everyday if you could have this and that at the wedding." He says. "And I sensed a reluctance to incur more cost. Yet I agreed."

He gestures.

"All the credits in the world, all the Primes, yes even THAT one, all the titles in the world," He says. "They are as dust and ashes to me, compared to the joy of simply standing here, with you."

He chuckles.

"My answer is yes. A thousand times yes." He says. "And I wish there was a word more dedicated than a simple yes to answer with."

Edited by Rakawan

The Banshee Prime seems to shake, as one would while crying.

"And do you, Felicity of the Orokin." At this the Wraith seems to start and the Frost turns to look at the Nekros. "Restorer of our race, and Mistress of the Forge, take this man to be your husband?"

Felicity wipes at her helmet, and then laughs.

"When you first asked me, a thousand years ago." She says. "My answer was misinformed. You do not recall it, but I do."

She clutches his hands.

"I saw no future for us." She said. "No happy ending. My people where too corrupt, and yours where too wronged."

She looks up at him.

"But you have shown me how wrong I was." She says. "Titles do not define us. Our heritage does not define us. You were made to be a weapon, a taker of lives, and yet you have dedicated yourself to saving them. You were taken advantage of form the moment you stepped from the Void, and yet you continue to give to others at cost of yourself."

She continues.

"Yes, I do." She says. "I always will. In sickness and health, in poverty and riches, in every good and every bad that could ever happen, I will."

"Then I bind you to one another." The Nekros says.

He holds up a ribbon.

"In older times I would have wrapped this around their hands to signal and remind them of the bond." He says. "But as all can see, their love has already tied them tighter than any string could."

He tosses the ribbon over the table.

"You may now kiss the bride." He says. "And I swear if you screw this up I will slap you so hard...."

The black and green frost turns to look at him.

"You ancestors will feel it." The Nekros finishes hurriedly. "Proceed."

The two Tenno behind the frames step through the void and kiss as if the world was ending. For an instant, they look as blissful as normal adults about to start a life together.

Until shadows part, and something clad in eldritch bones and what could almost be a warframe steps from the them to glare at the two.

"Shadow." Ryoko says, holding up a hand as those around her draw weapons. "You got our invitation?"

The shadow turns to Felicity and stares down at her. She stands beside Ryoko, proud, despite the small glimmer of fear in her eyes.

"IS. IT. TRUE?" The shadow asks.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Ah, it probably would be good if I learn all the titles your tribe uses."

"Perhaps in time." The Elder says. "We nomads are not ones to divulge our secrets in a single day. Even a Sultan like I is bound by that tradition."

Edited by Rakawan

The volt shrugs as his gaze shifts to something in the corner, although not seeing anything different thus writing it off as his imagination. "I've never tried this before, so training probably would help."

One thing Death or Famine could spot is the slight distortion of an invisible Ivara wandering at the sides of the room.

Famine tracks it with his eyes, while Death scratches his chin.

"I will consult the grandmaster." He says. "And see what curriculum can be composed."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Perhaps in time." The Elder says. "We nomads are not ones to divulge our secrets in a single day. Even a Sultan like I is bound by that tradition."

"understandable, is there anything else you want to discuss?"

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Famine tracks it with his eyes, while Death scratches his chin.

"I will consult the grandmaster." He says. "And see what curriculum can be composed."

The invisible figure waves at Famine.

"Alright, sounds good. What should I do in the time being?"

"understandable, is there anything else you want to discuss?"

"If I have an issues I will send my Ambassador to discuss them." He says. "Fare thee well, Tenno."

The Inaros emerges from a solid wall, stowing something behind his back. 

The invisible figure waves at Famine.

"Alright, sounds good. What should I do in the time being?"

"There is one other prisoner here." Death says. "Speak to him, and decide his fate."

He gestures to another cell.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"If I have an issues I will send my Ambassador to discuss them." He says. "Fare thee well, Tenno."

The Inaros emerges from a solid wall, stowing something behind his back. 

"Stay safe." The oberon replies, turning his gae to the inaros.

"Yes." Felicity says, holding up a crest.

Ryoko looks up at the Shadow.

"Does you hatred extend this far, Shadow?" He asks. "Would you strike down one of those who you claim to avenge, simply to pursue your oath?"

Silence falls. The Shadow turns and surveys the humans and Tenno standing there.

"Yes." He says finally, but with all the weariness of someone who has lost any drive to live. "I must."

He draws his blade, faster than a blink, swinging it at the couple, aiming to cleave them in half.

The blade pauses inches from Felicity. She smiles sadly and holds up a vial of red liquid.

"I thought we might hit that snag." She says, raising the vial. "By my Orokin Blood."

The Shadow clenches, trying to drive the blade home, but it remains unmoving.

"I command you."

He howls and gnashes his teeth.

"Leave this world and its people alone." She says. "Leave our tower alone. Never set foot in my presence again. I banish you from this world, and from Lua. And I curse you. May the vengeance you seek be as hollow as your heart."

There is anger in her voice, but also sadness. 

"I'm sorry." She says, mouthing a name no one can catch. "Old friend, but I cannot let you harm those I love."

For a second the shadow stands frozen. Then with a roar he draws the blade back and swings, this time at Ryoko. A nikana parries the blow, and then sweeps in, slicing through the armor.

For a second the three of them stand as as statues. Felicity, holding the Kuva as a talisman, Ryoko, arm before her, his other hand holding a dripping blade, and the Shadow, looking at his own bloody hands, blade forgotten on the ground. Time seems to stretch as he looks back up.

He vanishes in a flash of smoke and time resumes.

"That is the last time." Ryoko declares, casting the blade aside and clutching his bride close. "That I let you talk me into such a scheme."

The crowd begins to murmur and shout, and the two use the chance to slip away, as the groomsmen and bridesmaids try to answer questions and shepherd people towards the luncheon.

Edited by Rakawan

The volt walks tot he other cell, wondering who it might be.

It is a simple Grineer Prosecutor.

"Hey." He says with a grin. "Can I have a sammich?"

The plaque says his name is Lakar.

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

It is a simple Grineer Prosecutor.

"Hey." He says with a grin. "Can I have a sammich?"

"Later maybe, why are you here?"

---

The invisible tenno slowly steps closer to Famine, possibly giving some insight on which frame they are using.

"What are you carrying with you brother?"

"Nothing more, and nothing less than I entered with." He says. "And if you wish to challenge that you may check your scanners."

Scans would show that he weighs the same, and carries the exact same items he entered with.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

~snoop~

At first, the event looked pretty much normal and predictable. Therese and Ulf watched the ceremony with a dreamy and derp smiles under helmets respectively. Then, due to the sudden turn of events, they clutched their weapons in the same way as everybody did, then, they lowered the weapons down, and in the end, when the edgy looser banished from the sight, they just stared blankly. Therese slowly shook her head.

"There isn't a single day on this planet without an emergency..." she told Ulf via inner comms
"...Ayup" he responded and nodded his head wearily

"Later maybe, why are you here?"

---

The invisible tenno slowly steps closer to Famine, possibly giving some insight on which frame they are using.

Famine is wearing an Inaros. Interestingly enough the only thing he seems to be carrying is a fresh loaf of bread, sitting in a quiver like basket on his back.

"You can have it if you're hungry." He says.