The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

On 3/5/2017 at 9:12 AM, Teloch said:

The throaty shots thunder. The rate of fire seems to be lower than one would expect from a full auto weapon - about eight rounds per a second. However, the reason behind it unveils as the high recoil and damage factor enter the play. Some of the proxies just pop up on dismantled parts and gears, others being shred. It appears that the gun is designed around strong punch force and high lethality, which results in punch through shots. As for the recoil... this piece surely can't be used without power armor or stationary mounting

"Impressive." Bill says. "But hard to use while mobile. The sidearm may be of use to us however."

The other Archons move to inspect the other crates.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:08 AM, Rakawan said:

It seems to sense your reluctance to proceed and turns around, climbing back up the slope. 

Several other Kirin are gathered there as if to watch over them.

Something rustles in the bushes and the Kirin turn to look.

Four red and black warframes pass by, Wraiths from the look of their insignia. The Kirin snort and stomp and some lower their heads as if to charge. They seem to be as agitated by the Wraith's presence as they are calmed by yours. 

"W-what are they doing h-here?"  She whispers. She leans lower on the Kirin, as if to conceal her form. 

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"W-what are they doing h-here?"  She whispers. She leans lower on the Kirin, as if to conceal her form. 

Neither the Kirin nor the Wraiths offer any comment. The warframes pass on and the Kirin return to their grazing. There are several of them now, and from the imprints in the grass you can tell that this is where they nest.

36 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Neither the Kirin nor the Wraiths offer any comment. The warframes pass on and the Kirin return to their grazing. There are several of them now, and from the imprints in the grass you can tell that this is where they nest.

Sarah hops down gingerly, one hand still on the kirin. She starts to walk forwards, looking around at the nesting area. It had been a while since she felt peace like this. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Sarah hops down gingerly, one hand still on the kirin. She starts to walk forwards, looking around at the nesting area. It had been a while since she felt peace like this. 

The ground shakes as a herd of behemoths moves past, walking around the nesting ground. None of the massive creatures pays any attention to you.

The Kirin seem unused to your presence, but do not shy away from you.

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Kubrow charges the third maw, slamming into it like a three hundred pound freight train. The Kavat clamors onto it and begins tearing at any loose plates or components.

Dixon vaults over the Maw, slapping it on the head as he does.

"Too slow." He says. "Missed me."

Phlip strafes around the Maw to stay near Alan and Teloch. 

The maw that was assaulted by the beasts began to rampage like a crazed bull, forcefully lashing its tail left and right.

The maw that originally aimed at Dix attempted to recover the balance while re-aiming at Alan on the move. However, Baast leaped at its hull, redirecting its charge vector and making it to bite into the storage cell partition.

The last one attempted a sudden rise-and-dive maneuver to pin down Phil, but was stopped via cheeky blow with the side of the iron "ram-bench" straight in its mug. The strike redirected its trajectory to the side downwards, making it hit the floor. The bench-wielding heavy landed a massive downward strike at the unfortunate mech as if trying to slam an oversized fly with a stainless steel (two-handed and man-sized) newspaper roll. The thing flinched after the first strike and lost some of its trunk elements after the following -even stronger - one. Being pinned and slammed, it emitted a number of sparks, one of which ignited a small gas cloud that was gathering on the floor. 

"The left blockade, now!" he barked at the group before slamming the damaged maw for the third and final time, obviously fixating the fact that if the rooted doorway won't get unblocked in the nearest seconds, there will be very explosive problems.

Edited by Teloch

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Impressive." Bill says. "But hard to use while mobile. The sidearm may be of use to us however."

The other Archons move to inspect the other crates.

It seems that the bunch of loader losers failed to unpack the third container quick enough, which resulted in two whipping strikes landing the rears of the sloppiest of the crowd and accelerating their motions.

The content of the container they did manage to unpack happened to be yet another power armor - lighter and sleeker when compared to the first one, midnight-purple, with advanced helmet visors and optics, and with propulsion nozzles integrated into armored limbs. There was also a rifle hanging on the back and the MK II Tavor attached to the belt holster.

Meanwhile, the first operatives began to emerge from the ship; all except one silver&navy-blue frost were wearing the same color scheme: green-blueish colors with black stripes and camo patters, and pale orange energy. They began to install holographically connected poles at the edges of the previously marked land plot. The reading on the holographic "wall" was marking it as a regiment territory and politely asking not to trespass it in order to avoid bodily injuries.

Edited by Teloch

On 3/6/2017 at 4:35 PM, Teloch said:

It seems that the bunch of loader losers failed to unpack the third container quick enough, which resulted in two whipping strikes landing the rears of the sloppiest of the crowd and accelerating their motions.

The content of the container they did manage to unpack happened to be yet another power armor - lighter and sleeker when compared to the first one, midnight-purple, with advanced helmet visors and optics, and with propulsion nozzles integrated into armored limbs. There was also a rifle hanging on the back and the MK II Tavor attached to the belt holster.

Meanwhile, the first operatives began to emerge from the ship; all except one silver&navy-blue frost were wearing the same color scheme: green-blueish colors with black stripes and camo patters, and pale orange energy. They began to install holographically connected poles at the edges of the previously marked land plot. The reading on the holographic "wall" was marking it as a regiment territory and politely asking not to trespass it in order to avoid bodily injuries.

The Archon in the heavier armor begins to extricate himself only for bill to hold up a hand.

"I'll test this one myself." He says. "Don't want you boys having all the fun."

He slips out of his armor, revealing a clean and crisp uniform.

He steps up to the new armor suit.

On 3/6/2017 at 4:23 PM, Teloch said:

The maw that was assaulted by the beasts began to rampage like a crazed bull, forcefully lashing its tail left and right.

The maw that originally aimed at Dix attempted to recover the balance while re-aiming at Alan on the move. However, Baast leaped at its hull, redirecting its charge vector and making it to bite into the storage cell partition.

The last one attempted a sudden rise-and-dive maneuver to pin down Phil, but was stopped via cheeky blow with the side of the iron "ram-bench" straight in its mug. The strike redirected its trajectory to the side downwards, making it hit the floor. The bench-wielding heavy landed a massive downward strike at the unfortunate mech as if trying to slam an oversized fly with a stainless steel (two-handed and man-sized) newspaper roll. The thing flinched after the first strike and lost some of its trunk elements after the following -even stronger - one. Being pinned and slammed, it emitted a number of sparks, one of which ignited a small gas cloud that was gathering on the floor. 

"The left blockade, now!" he barked at the group before slamming the damaged maw for the third and final time, obviously fixating the fact that if the rooted doorway won't get unblocked in the nearest seconds, there will be very explosive problems.

Dixon tosses something else at the rooted doorway.

"Time to get serious." He says. "And just when I was having fun."

The device he slapped onto the maw triggers, first isolating all external symbols, then rewriting the operating code and slaving its systems to Dixon's control. He orders it to begin ramming the blocked doorway.

"How?" Philip asks.

"I've been studying with Darrin." Dixon says. "One learns to be prepared. Especially when heading into unknown circumstance, and especially when dealing with Orokin tech."

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Archon in the heavier armor begins to extricate himself only for bill to hold up a hand.

"I'll test this one myself." He says. "Don't want you boys having all the fun."

He slips out of his armor, revealing a clean and crisp uniform.

He steps up to the new armor suit.

The first notorious thing that flings in the eyes is rhe advanced visors with group interface, navigations, recon interface, and different spectrum of visual sensors, starting from infrared night vision and ending with the sonar visualisation. The armor set feels very ergonomic and weightless. It seems to possess motoric acceleration and active camouflage modes. 

"This is the recon platform. Tellurium plating, advanced software, integrated mobility module and cloaking mode for the cases when one has to work quick cand tidy. Its scouting interface can be linked to all other platforms, providing the actual field intel. Eats from the main accumulator and can be emergently recharged in the field via orokin power cells" Wuzhong said. "Your armor lacks concept when compared to warframes, so we allowed our techs some creative freedom in closing the gap. They came up with three archetype platforms each having some unique functions corresponding to the job it has to do"

Edited by Teloch

On 3/9/2017 at 3:49 AM, Teloch said:

The first notorious thing that flings in the eyes is rhe advanced visors with group interface, navigations, recon interface, and different spectrum of visual sensors, starting from infrared night vision and ending with the sonar visualisation. The armor set feels very ergonomic and weightless. It seems to possess motoric acceleration and active camouflage modes. 

"This is the recon platform. Tellurium plating, advanced software, integrated mobility module and cloaking mode for the cases when one has to work quick cand tidy. Its scouting interface can be linked to all other platforms, providing the actual field intel. Eats from the main accumulator and can be emergently recharged in the field via orokin power cells" Wuzhong said. "Your armor lacks concept when compared to warframes, so we allowed our techs some creative freedom in closing the gap. They came up with three archetype platforms each having some unique functions corresponding to the job it has to do"

Bill pauses.

"I know just the person for this." He says. "Boy!"

A rather timid young man steps out from behind the Archon he has positioned between himself and Wuzong.

"Yes?" He asks. "I mean yes... sir."

Bill grabs him by the scruff of the neck.

"You're the slippery sneaky sort." He says. "Try on that armor. Tell me what you think."

As the lad does so Bill leans towards Wuzong.

"I caught the lad trying to dine and dash at a rather nice restaurant." He says. "The cook was about to fillet him when I took pity on the poor lad and took him on as my page. Trying to drum manners and decorum into him has at least been amusing."

The lad notices Bill talking to the Valkyr and hurries, trying to slip his arm into the leg slot, before realizing his mistake.

"Of course he seems to have no concept of doing things in a speedy manner." Bill says, raising his voice.

The lad moves faster, accidentally triggering the cloaking and staring in dismay at where the suit used to be.

"If you need help just ask." Bill says. "I'm sure she would be more than happy to lend a hand...."

The blood drains from the lad's face and he somehow manages to deactivate the cloaking and don the suit.

"Well?" Bill asks. "How does it feel?"

The lad slowly extends his arms, flexing and twisting, testing the suits movement.

Sam watched the other's wring the water out of their clothes as the transport landed. She should probably get a change of clothes, but she had something to do first.

Dirge and the others were where they had been. The code was still the same. 

In fact no one acted as if she had been gone. 

Dirge's only move was to turn and toss her a coin. Her coin.

"Just like that?" She asked.

"You think you're the first who got cold feet." He asked. "Everyone does. I'd be more surprised if you didn't."

Sam turned the coin, feeling the smooth edge.

"How did you know?"

"You were never going to be his broken bird." Dirge says. "You are stronger than that. You don't want to be coddled. You want to be challenged. You want your child to be safe."

Sam thought of her child.

"And will he be?" She asked. "What if someone tries to use him to get to me."

At this Dirge and the others stood.

"Then we will find them." He said.

"We will save him." Enrique said.

"And for every mark on his flesh." The third said.

"We will carve a paragraph into your enemies flesh." The fourth finished.

Sam closed her fingers around the coin.

"So." She said. "Who are we going to kill?"

Dirge helmet collapsed to reveal a feral grin.

On 10.03.2017 at 10:45 PM, Rakawan said:

Bill pauses.

"I know just the person for this." He says. "Boy!"

A rather timid young man steps out from behind the Archon he has positioned between himself and Wuzong.

"Yes?" He asks. "I mean yes... sir."

Bill grabs him by the scruff of the neck.

"You're the slippery sneaky sort." He says. "Try on that armor. Tell me what you think."

As the lad does so Bill leans towards Wuzong.

"I caught the lad trying to dine and dash at a rather nice restaurant." He says. "The cook was about to fillet him when I took pity on the poor lad and took him on as my page. Trying to drum manners and decorum into him has at least been amusing."

The lad notices Bill talking to the Valkyr and hurries, trying to slip his arm into the leg slot, before realizing his mistake.

"Of course he seems to have no concept of doing things in a speedy manner." Bill says, raising his voice.

The lad moves faster, accidentally triggering the cloaking and staring in dismay at where the suit used to be.

"If you need help just ask." Bill says. "I'm sure she would be more than happy to lend a hand...."

The blood drains from the lad's face and he somehow manages to deactivate the cloaking and don the suit.

"Well?" Bill asks. "How does it feel?"

The lad slowly extends his arms, flexing and twisting, testing the suits movement.

Wuzhong watched this awkward spectacle of helplessness and fussiness performed by the lad with the signs of clearly readable aversion seething from her forcefully formal face. It was obvious that the urge to whack the $hit out of something was arousing within her.

Either it was the lad’s natural proneness to hustle or an actual technical failure of the platform, but soon after he did manage to don the damned thing on and move around a bit, the propulsion nozzles gave a short but strong punch to the recon platform, throwing the lad wearing it two meters upwards and then making it hit the ground like a sack of spuds falling from havens.

Synchronically with the sound of impact, Wuzhong twitched. Now, she absolutely certainly was in need to smash something. For one hand, she couldn't whack others subordinates, for another hand, there were fairly legal victims of her wrath in the vicinity. She slowly turned her gaze (that promised nothing good to whoever meet it) in the direction of a sextet of penalized who have only just finished to unpack the third platform - a lightened version of the combat platform with otherwise bulky gauntlets, helmet, and very noticeable "backpack" hunk. They were watching the awkward scene too and instantly acknowledged from Wu's look that ain't nothing good gonna float their boat.

"To the main group at the double, you w@nkers!" she roared at them "The perimeter ain't gonna install itself, so move! The one falling behind will be shot"

The bunch darted to their more ambitious comrades in an instant. One of the bunch - the somewhat clunky vauban did fall behind after stumbling over. Wu used the opportunity to make her threat come true via bouncing a stone from the ground and graciously sending it flying at the running loser via half-turn kick.

The stone hit the target’s back surprisingly accurately, crushing against and sending it to the ground (again), after which the unfortunate target doubled its efforts to gtfo from the hazardous range with the strife common to cornered animals. In contrast to the poor, rapidly distancing chap, Wu sighed (slightly) relieved.

“The fighter platform has the photonic armor function available in two modes: the assault one that shields the body like those dendra pieces or the assault shield mode which needs no explanations. Not as efficient as rhinos iron skin or volts deployable shield, but better than nothing. It also has the integrated med emergency module that will sting morphine, calcifine, and other combat drugs in pilot’s buttocks whenever the situation requires” She said rather calmer but also without any enthusiasm, “The engineer platform is designed as the multi tool that can operate vehicles and mechas efficiently, do a wide range of tactical tasks involving demolitionist manipulations. As a bonus, tech platform can go to the energy accumulator mode, radially boosting energy consumption efficiency of other platforms in twenty-five meters radius"

She flexed her neck a bit

“You may even want to slap more function modules to these platforms if you feel tactically inspired and the local taxpayers are of the meeker type”  

Edited by Teloch

On 08.03.2017 at 7:45 PM, Rakawan said:

Dixon tosses something else at the rooted doorway.

"Time to get serious." He says. "And just when I was having fun."

The device he slapped onto the maw triggers, first isolating all external symbols, then rewriting the operating code and slaving its systems to Dixon's control. He orders it to begin ramming the blocked doorway.

"How?" Philip asks.

"I've been studying with Darrin." Dixon says. "One learns to be prepared. Especially when heading into unknown circumstance, and especially when dealing with Orokin tech."

Sig would probably vocally approved the trick if only he wasn't tossing the now-trusty mallet-ram-metal-workbench at the frantically raving maw that was previously circled by the beasty team. The "projectile" impact pacified the drone so the invaders can hop into the deblocked doorway and the lengthy ascending corridor behind it. Despite showing signs of thinking that is uncommon to standard sentries, the local defense system was not expecting to lose control over one of the larger drones. The withered blockade tendrils went down rather fast, yet, once the group moved to another hallway, something massive above shifted again. After a brief moment of silence, five massive tendrils broke from the walls, and ceiling, pinning down and squashing the sabotaged drone, and starting to extend in the group's direction, chasing the latter one to the opposite exit under the fear of being ironed and suffocated.

In addition to the lesser cable tentacles and armed nodules sprayed along the run, another triplet of maws emerged, quickly floating for an impact.

For this time, the heavy had take the charge for an impact, impact-parrying one of the maws out of its original trajectory and sending it straight into the “embrace” of the swiftly moving tendril wall, redirecting the flight path of the second one into the side wall via the guard strike upon recovery, and pierced the mechanical vertebra of the last one after an uppercut lunge. The last drone ended up pierced and jammed on the heavy’s greatsword, serving as a mobile shield from the hazards up ahead and capable of only helplessly scratching the heavy frame that impaled with its pointy side palps. After some wild chase moments, the party managed to push into the much larger hall, escaping the swiftly “squeezing” corridor.

The hall was large. Very large. It was filled with more massive glowing “roots” which, however, didn’t indicate any motions. The innards of the hall were filled with literal mountains of steel and gold junk that seemed to be orokin and tenno vessels in their former lives – before a horde of metaphorical gremlins made a short work of them with heat and plasma cutters.  Some debris were less “deformed” than the others. Some seemed more like actual vessels than heaps of synthetic salvage. This seemed to be the docking bay of the station. In addition, there seemed to be three huge and glowing prismite deposits – like the ones observed in the generator pits - scattered around the hall. The whole impression of the mess was as of an artificial coral reef – synthetic, patchy, and deformed. There also was that threatening sort of silence in the air – the sort that is used to convince in the false safety.

This silence was interrupted by the sonorous decapitation of the twitching maw by the heavy. After delivering the final “gratitude” to the drone, he slightly squatted while catching a breath. The latest wild charge through the collapsing corridor with the dogged drone pinned on his sword seemed not to be a physically easy fit. Not that he confess that loud, though.

Edited by Teloch

On 3/16/2017 at 9:50 AM, Teloch said:

Sig would probably vocally approved the trick if only he wasn't tossing the now-trusty mallet-ram-metal-workbench at the frantically raving maw that was previously circled by the beasty team. The "projectile" impact pacified the drone so the invaders can hop into the deblocked doorway and the lengthy ascending corridor behind it. Despite showing signs of thinking that is uncommon to standard sentries, the local defense system was not expecting to lose control over one of the larger drones. The withered blockade tendrils went down rather fast, yet, once the group moved to another hallway, something massive above shifted again. After a brief moment of silence, five massive tendrils broke from the walls, and ceiling, pinning down and squashing the sabotaged drone, and starting to extend in the group's direction, chasing the latter one to the opposite exit under the fear of being ironed and suffocated.

In addition to the lesser cable tentacles and armed nodules sprayed along the run, another triplet of maws emerged, quickly floating for an impact.

For this time, the heavy had take the charge for an impact, impact-parrying one of the maws out of its original trajectory and sending it straight into the “embrace” of the swiftly moving tendril wall, redirecting the flight path of the second one into the side wall via the guard strike upon recovery, and pierced the mechanical vertebra of the last one after an uppercut lunge. The last drone ended up pierced and jammed on the heavy’s greatsword, serving as a mobile shield from the hazards up ahead and capable of only helplessly scratching the heavy frame that impaled with its pointy side palps. After some wild chase moments, the party managed to push into the much larger hall, escaping the swiftly “squeezing” corridor.

The hall was large. Very large. It was filled with more massive glowing “roots” which, however, didn’t indicate any motions. The innards of the hall were filled with literal mountains of steel and gold junk that seemed to be orokin and tenno vessels in their former lives – before a horde of metaphorical gremlins made a short work of them with heat and plasma cutters.  Some debris were less “deformed” than the others. Some seemed more like actual vessels than heaps of synthetic salvage. This seemed to be the docking bay of the station. In addition, there seemed to be three huge and glowing prismite deposits – like the ones observed in the generator pits - scattered around the hall. The whole impression of the mess was as of an artificial coral reef – synthetic, patchy, and deformed. There also was that threatening sort of silence in the air – the sort that is used to convince in the false safety.

This silence was interrupted by the sonorous decapitation of the twitching maw by the heavy. After delivering the final “gratitude” to the drone, he slightly squatted while catching a breath. The latest wild charge through the collapsing corridor with the dogged drone pinned on his sword seemed not to be a physically easy fit. Not that he confess that loud, though.

Free from obvious danger Dixon seems, surprisingly, less at ease. His head swivels as he scans the room, and he says nothing. Philip however cleans and sheathes his blade, walking to examine the closest wreck.

On 3/16/2017 at 3:23 AM, Teloch said:

Wuzhong watched this awkward spectacle of helplessness and fussiness performed by the lad with the signs of clearly readable aversion seething from her forcefully formal face. It was obvious that the urge to whack the $hit out of something was arousing within her.

Either it was the lad’s natural proneness to hustle or an actual technical failure of the platform, but soon after he did manage to don the damned thing on and move around a bit, the propulsion nozzles gave a short but strong punch to the recon platform, throwing the lad wearing it two meters upwards and then making it hit the ground like a sack of spuds falling from havens.

Synchronically with the sound of impact, Wuzhong twitched. Now, she absolutely certainly was in need to smash something. For one hand, she couldn't whack others subordinates, for another hand, there were fairly legal victims of her wrath in the vicinity. She slowly turned her gaze (that promised nothing good to whoever meet it) in the direction of a sextet of penalized who have only just finished to unpack the third platform - a lightened version of the combat platform with otherwise bulky gauntlets, helmet, and very noticeable "backpack" hunk. They were watching the awkward scene too and instantly acknowledged from Wu's look that ain't nothing good gonna float their boat.

"To the main group at the double, you w@nkers!" she roared at them "The perimeter ain't gonna install itself, so move! The one falling behind will be shot"

The bunch darted to their more ambitious comrades in an instant. One of the bunch - the somewhat clunky vauban did fall behind after stumbling over. Wu used the opportunity to make her threat come true via bouncing a stone from the ground and graciously sending it flying at the running loser via half-turn kick.

The stone hit the target’s back surprisingly accurately, crushing against and sending it to the ground (again), after which the unfortunate target doubled its efforts to gtfo from the hazardous range with the strife common to cornered animals. In contrast to the poor, rapidly distancing chap, Wu sighed (slightly) relieved.

“The fighter platform has the photonic armor function available in two modes: the assault one that shields the body like those dendra pieces or the assault shield mode which needs no explanations. Not as efficient as rhinos iron skin or volts deployable shield, but better than nothing. It also has the integrated med emergency module that will sting morphine, calcifine, and other combat drugs in pilot’s buttocks whenever the situation requires” She said rather calmer but also without any enthusiasm, “The engineer platform is designed as the multi tool that can operate vehicles and mechas efficiently, do a wide range of tactical tasks involving demolitionist manipulations. As a bonus, tech platform can go to the energy accumulator mode, radially boosting energy consumption efficiency of other platforms in twenty-five meters radius"

She flexed her neck a bit

“You may even want to slap more function modules to these platforms if you feel tactically inspired and the local taxpayers are of the meeker type”  

Having given the WTC a week of uninterrrupted time to set up their Garrison the Archons begin fabrication of the new suit variants.

However the first to approach the Garrison is not a contingent of Archons, but a group of four Vaubans. The one in the lead is the only one in a prime, the others looking like assistants. He approaches the guards, casting an eye across the defenses.

Andrew gripped his Ferrox tighter as the Corrupted Butcher shrugs. Knowing the true nature of the Corrupted did nothing to alleviate his unease around the things. The tower Cephalon had finally taken control of the Neural Sentry, resulting in a boost to security with the addition of Corrupted soldiers. Not that that made the things any less unnatural. He still had nightmares about one of them trying to slip a mask on his face. 

"Relax, Guardsman 56." The Cephalon says through the comms. "The Corrupted are fully under my control. I could possess this unit if it would put you at ease."

"No thank you." Andrew says

"Would you like to submit a request to be moved to a different post?" C.A.L.C asks. "The R & D labs could use more security personnel."

"Yes please."Andrew replies.

"Submitting request to guardsman 01. Request confirmed, please proceed to R & D labs. A replacement will be here to relieve you shortly." C.A.L.C says. 

True to form another guardsman appears at the teleport pad and exits the door, taking Andrews place. The tower certainly made organization easy. 

The guardsman walks through the concourse, slipping between crowds of people. He notices a group of Corpus and stops. Another delegation? Or just a group of off-duty crewman here to admire the architecture? 

He shakes his head and hurries to his post. Working here was a privilege, and not one he wanted to lose for being late.

Edited by Rakawan

On 25.03.2017 at 6:49 PM, Rakawan said:

Free from obvious danger Dixon seems, surprisingly, less at ease. His head swivels as he scans the room, and he says nothing. Philip however cleans and sheathes his blade, walking to examine the closest wreck.

The pile appears to be what was a primed liset long time ago. It had been dismantled via heating elements long before the bunch of raiders disturbed this place, deconstructed, "vivisected" even, and generally reminding a non-organic carcass of a prey to some predator. Closer inspection reveals an interesting detail: despite serious deformation, it seems like the former vessel was stripped of mechanized parts and from some pieces of the hull. Whatever committed this act of machinery desecration, did it carefully and with a purpose. The previous theory of these machines being ravaged by a metaphorical "predator" becomes more insufferable once the neighboring mountain of salvage also reveals a certain similarity - what once was a mantis carrier, was missing half of its bottom hull and both "palps" stabilizers. A vile analogy sparked: this docking bay seems to be a... den of something. Something big and rather malevolent. 

This inspection process stops as soon as something massive moves above the docking bay; slower but also much closer than before, and, judging by the tremble, closer than ever before. The thumping noises ceased after three consecutive recurrences and more vicious sort of silence hung in the air.

Sig and Baast spread up a bit and took high alert stances, eyeing the heavy gates that separate the docking bay from the rest of the station and the two sideways, one of which was overgrown, and the other one was blocked by the wall of tendrils that barely squashed the party previously. The gas from the previous hall seemed to be slowly seeping through the barrier. 

On 25.03.2017 at 6:52 PM, Rakawan said:

Having given the WTC a week of uninterrrupted time to set up their Garrison the Archons begin fabrication of the new suit variants.

However the first to approach the Garrison is not a contingent of Archons, but a group of four Vaubans. The one in the lead is the only one in a prime, the others looking like assistants. He approaches the guards, casting an eye across the defenses.

The perimeter is holographically highlighted, the concrete block wall seems to serve to ward off local's curiosity than for direct security purposes. There are some floating camera drones patrolling the space, but what is more troublesome - the garrison-mothership's deck turrets seem to follow whoever approach the perimeter, causing very uncomfortable atmosphere. 

What appears to be the gates for land vehicles is shut tight. Camoed Rhino and Limbo does not respond or even move from the bunker they are in. Instead of them, a one and a half meter column springs to life, projecting purposely distorted voice

"Identification and purpose?" it inquires emotionlessly

Edited by Teloch

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

The perimeter is holographically highlighted, the concrete block wall seems to serve to ward off local's curiosity than for direct security purposes. There are some floating camera drones patrolling the space, but what is more troublesome - the garrison-mothership's deck turrets seem to follow whoever approach the perimeter, causing very uncomfortable atmosphere. 

What appears to be the gates for land vehicles is shut tight. Camoed Rhino and Limbo does not respond or even move from the bunker they are in. Instead of them, a one and a half meter column springs to life, projecting purposely distorted voice

"Identification and purpose?" it inquires emotionlessly

"Chief Engineer Simon here to discuss infrastructure changes for the Garrison." He says. "Specifically arrangements for use of the Solar Rail and other methods of transportation."

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

The pile appears to be what was a primed liset long time ago. It had been dismantled via heating elements long before the bunch of raiders disturbed this place, deconstructed, "vivisected" even, and generally reminding a non-organic carcass of a prey to some predator. Closer inspection reveals an interesting detail: despite serious deformation, it seems like the former vessel was stripped of mechanized parts and from some pieces of the hull. Whatever committed this act of machinery desecration, did it carefully and with a purpose. The previous theory of these machines being ravaged by a metaphorical "predator" becomes more insufferable once the neighboring mountain of salvage also reveals a certain similarity - what once was a mantis carrier, was missing half of its bottom hull and both "palps" stabilizers. A vile analogy sparked: this docking bay seems to be a... den of something. Something big and rather malevolent. 

This inspection process stops as soon as something massive moves above the docking bay; slower but also much closer than before, and, judging by the tremble, closer than ever before. The thumping noises ceased after three consecutive recurrences and more vicious sort of silence hung in the air.

Sig and Baast spread up a bit and took high alert stances, eyeing the heavy gates that separate the docking bay from the rest of the station and the two sideways, one of which was overgrown, and the other one was blocked by the wall of tendrils that barely squashed the party previously. The gas from the previous hall seemed to be slowly seeping through the barrier. 

"Well." Dixon says. "That looks, ominous."

Philip turns to Teloch.

"Where any of your scientists working on self-reparing/constructing proxies?" He says. "It looks like what happened when malfunctioning repair bots got into the Arbiter's Moa storage."

Edited by Rakawan

47 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Well." Dixon says. "That looks, ominous."

Philip turns to Teloch.

"Where any of your scientists working on self-reparing/constructing proxies?" He says. "It looks like what happened when malfunctioning repair bots got into the Arbiter's Moa storage."

"We are delivering the fifth generation fleet doctrine," He mumbled, probably expecting the inquirer to figure out either it was "yes" or "no", "but what we see here might be the..."

The heavy had no chance to finish his sentence as the ceiling broke, releasing junk falling from above along with the hypothetical master of this place - a fair fourteen meters high, nineteen meters long, and eleven meters wide, heavily armored, mechanical quadropod "golem" with a freaking tail. Its carcass was composed of vessels armored layers and industrial machinery gears as joints. Judging by the texture of materials, it was reinforced for many times. The "body" of the construct seemed to be made out of a few mantis hulls and at least one xiphos as a exo panzer, featuring the bottom "bomber hatch"; the "head" was unmistakenly resembling half of the primed liset's "beak", two mantis stabilizers were serving as "tusks"; golem's massive right "claw" was composed of scimitar's larger wings, while the "mandibles" and left claw were made of lesser wings; it also had the "braid-ish" tail of orokin design. At rare places, the massive glowing neural tendrils showed from below the armored layers, as if the armor was put above them or the "root" was inhabiting the construct's core like an average hermit crab inhabiting solid shells.

Despite having artificial joints, the thing hopped down with eery agility, recovering almost instantly after surface-shaking landing, sweeping the wide ark with its "tail" upon recovery, and leaning to one of the junk piles with it's larger "pincer" with the clear intent to toss it at someone.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Chief Engineer Simon here to discuss infrastructure changes for the Garrison." He says. "Specifically arrangements for use of the Solar Rail and other methods of transportation."

The column answered nothing, just emitted a static weird noise for a couple of seconds. Then, the gates have opened, revealing the two-sided garage gateway. The opposite gate of the garage remained closed, however. In a couple of minutes, A Chroma and Mesa bearing the now-familiar to the local authorities WTC elites "maroon-gold" scheme entered the garage port.

"Earlier, I was thinking if you ever leave that rail control post of yours or if you actually live there, Simon" Mesa said "I believe we haven't met in person yet, so you may call me Major Bloom, and that is Major Cooper". The Chroma nodded.