The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon activates the sapping charges on each deposit. 

The charges detonate with enough force to destroy the heaviest armored doors.

Seems like a particularly unfortunate and explosions filled day for the mechs grew even worse. The thing ended up mostly unshelled, revealing its glowing root-like insides tied in a knot. It had only the tail functioning, with which it desperately attempted to crawl to the closest tech shaft, leaving a trail of glowing white liquid behind.

The heavy charged onto it, beginning to slash the thing in a way that would easily justify hiss less flattering nickname

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Sarah sat down, taking in the surroundings, and then she laid down, letting herself relax even further.  She felt the tug of sleep, but decided to shake it off, and remained awake. 

One of the Kirin suddenly whinies and gallops to the edge of the clearing. A Nekros Prime, Aklex Prime hanging at his side, stands there. The Kirin charges towards him, then stops a few inches away and lowers its head.

"Hello old friend." The Nekros Prime says, petting it.

He notices you.

"Well well well." He says. "It seems someone else has found my little hideaway."

His helmet collapses to reveal a friendly face. His skin is the same dark brown color as the nomads of Mars. 

"You are Sarah correct?" He asks. "I am Gideon."

Edited by Rakawan

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"That will be all." He sends back. "Have a good day, Major."

As he leaves you see four figures walking towards the perimeter. A Nyx, a Gersmini Valkyr, an Oberon, and a Titania. The Nyx you recognize as Sai'ah from the armblade attached to the left arm. It appears whatever adventures she went on have led her back home.

The Oberon and the Titania salute, while the Valkyr tries to copy the motion. The Nyx stands back a bit.

Both guards took notice of arrivals, same a couple of mothership's deck turrets. A dwarf-ish obelisk came back to life, emitting a cracking voice, "Identification and purpose?"

Bloom went from the gateway garage and waved at the guards.

"Unit D-1, Investigating visitors at the main entrance," she spoke to the column device which disabled itself as suddenly as it activised.

"Someway we can be of help?" She asked the tenno, "Or do you want to report anything?"

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Both guards took notice of arrivals, same a couple of mothership's deck turrets. A dwarf-ish obelisk came back to life, emitting a cracking voice, "Identification and purpose?"

Bloom went from the gateway garage and waved at the guards.

"Unit D-1, Investigating visitors at the main entrance," she spoke to the column device which disabled itself as suddenly as it activised.

"Someway we can be of help?" She asked the tenno, "Or do you want to report anything?"

"We would like to apply." The Oberon says, and you recognize the voice of Jas. The Valkyr nods and you recognize her as Laura, the Tenno you were once trapped in the dress shop with.

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"We would like to apply." The Oberon says, and you recognize the voice of Jas. The Valkyr nods and you recognize her as Laura, the Tenno you were once trapped in the dress shop with.

The Rhino guard seemed to be surprised and tilted his helmet because of that fact. Bloom also seemed to be surprised and almost re-inquired, just to make it sure she wasn't having sound hallucinations.   

"...Now this a bit... novel" she said and then spoke something through her internal comms. The front gates to the docking garage opened behind her as she nodded the arrivals to come in. Once inside, she gestured at the simple metallic seaters near the wall while still speaking to someone through the comms.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

The Rhino guard seemed to be surprised and tilted his helmet because of that fact. Bloom also seemed to be surprised and almost re-inquired, just to make it sure she wasn't having sound hallucinations.   

"...Now this a bit... novel" she said and then spoke something through her internal comms. The front gates to the docking garage opened behind her as she nodded the arrivals to come in. Once inside, she gestured at the simple metallic seaters near the wall while still speaking to someone through the comms.

The Nyx seems to internally debate something before following the others in.

Good day Major. She says in your mind. Long time no see.

All four take a seat. 

Edited by Rakawan

4 hours ago, Teloch said:

Seems like a particularly unfortunate and explosions filled day for the mechs grew even worse. The thing ended up mostly unshelled, revealing its glowing root-like insides tied in a knot. It had only the tail functioning, with which it desperately attempted to crawl to the closest tech shaft, leaving a trail of glowing white liquid behind.

The heavy charged onto it, beginning to slash the thing in a way that would easily justify hiss less flattering nickname

Alan opens fire at it. Dixon tosses Talons at the remaining armored portion to dislodge more.

Philip pulls his blades free from the mandible and drives both through a portion of the root, pinning it to the ground, before drawing forth twin blades of void energy from his palms. Interestingly the void readings from his warframe do not change, indicating that it is not the source of this ability.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Nyx seems to internally debate something before following the others in.

Good day Major. She says in your mind. Long time no see.

All three take a seat. 

She does not mentally respond to Saiah, but a faint emotional spark seeps through her defenses. It feels... rather uncommon. It is a phantom-like motherly feeling of concern experienced by a terminally infertile woman about the safety of other's child. She quickly rubbed that feeling away, though, taking a couple of seconds to figure out what to do next. Then, finally, she speaks.

"If you think you are ready to become soldiers then you are probably ready to get down to business. First of all, we need to determine your reasoning and motivation. I expect each one of you to answer per three simple questions: what facts do you know about our organization, why do you want to apply, and what makes you think you will fit?"

"You're a group of mercenaries, who believe in protecting humanity and opposing the Grineer and Corpus." Jas says. "As for why I want to join. Well, since we've had the kid no one else will offer us a position in military. Which leads me to ask, do you have any positions suitable for parents of a newborn. Anything part time. I'll train as hard as everyone else?"

Sai'ah and Laura remain silent, likely waiting for Jas to finish and receive his response first.

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You're a group of mercenaries, who believe in protecting humanity and opposing the Grineer and Corpus." Jas says. "As for why I want to join. Well, since we've had the kid no one else will offer us a position in military. Which leads me to ask, do you have any positions suitable for parents of a newborn. Anything part time. I'll train as hard as everyone else?"

Sai'ah and Laura remain silent, likely waiting for Jas to finish and receive his response first.

The arcane bighorn helmet hid Bloom's surprise.

"Excuse me, but did you just said 'your newborn'?"  

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

The arcane bighorn helmet hid Bloom's surprise.

"Excuse me, but did you just said 'your newborn'?"  

"Our child. One week old, as of today." He says. "He'll be coming home from the hospital soon. I have money saved up, but I was hoping to find a job to help support our family."

He holds Sasha's hand.

"Unfortunately I can't do what Tenno normally do for money." He says. "We can't do that. If one of us didn't come back..."

He takes a breath.

"I was hoping you might have an opening here at the Garrison." He says. "I served with the Archons. I have a military background. I could help with training exercises, consult for guerilla ops. Anything part time. We both could."

The Arbiter won't offer him a job because he wants him to prioritize his family over military matters." Sai'ah says mentally. "And mom can't help him because the Archons are a human-only group. I tried to talk him out of it, but the military is part of who he is. I'm afraid he may go to the Wraiths if he doesn't find some way to continue serving."

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Our child. One week old, as of today." He says. "He'll be coming home from the hospital soon. I have money saved up, but I was hoping to find a job to help support our family."

He holds Sasha's hand.

"Unfortunately I can't do what Tenno normally do for money." He says. "We can't do that. If one of us didn't come back..."

He takes a breath.

"I was hoping you might have an opening here at the Garrison." He says. "I served with the Archons. I have a military background. I could help with training exercises, consult for guerilla ops. Anything part time. We both could."

The Arbiter won't offer him a job because he wants him to prioritize his family over military matters." Sai'ah says mentally. "And mom can't help him because the Archons are a human-only group. I tried to talk him out of it, but the military is part of who he is. I'm afraid he may go to the Wraiths if he doesn't find some way to continue serving."

Theri's worldscape slightly cracked at the news that some tenno can actually reproduce. In fact, this was the first time she ever heard of biological tenno toddlers. It took her quite an effort to snap out of this tilted state and to actually process thoughts (which were so many, that they could be compared to the flood caused by a dam breach).

"This is a unique case. And by unique I mean that no one I heard of ever encountered it before..." she paused again to forge out the comprehensible answer, "...We do practice recruitment of red tabs and non-combatant personnel. Although, this is not the common career pathway of our species. In short: if you are seeking for a non-com job, then it is possible. However, your assessment will be different from our usual practice, and you will have to not only be interviewed by this garrison's staff officer, but also have you case reviewed and approved by one of the senior officers. A piece of advice: before you will have a chance to proceed further, think out again of what exactly do you aim for in terms of service conditions and what practical skills can you offer"

She shifted her gaze to others, obviously expecting for an answer.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Theri's worldscape slightly cracked at the news that some tenno can actually reproduce. In fact, this was the first time she ever heard of biological tenno toddlers. It took her quite an effort to snap out of this tilted state and to actually process thoughts (which were so many, that they could be compared to the flood caused by a dam breach).

"This is a unique case. And by unique I mean that no one I heard of ever encountered it before..." she paused again to forge out the comprehensible answer, "...We do practice recruitment of red tabs and non-combatant personnel. Although, this is not the common career pathway of our species. In short: if you are seeking for a non-com job, then it is possible. However, your assessment will be different from our usual practice, and you will have to not only be interviewed by this garrison's staff officer, but also have you case reviewed and approved by one of the senior officers. A piece of advice: before you will have a chance to proceed further, think out of what exactly do you aim for in terms of service conditions and what practical skills can you offer"

She shifted her gaze to others, obviously expecting for an answer.

He is Second Generation remember. Sai'ah says. Not as scarred as you first gen. Not as powerful either, but there has to be a tradeoff somewhere.

Laura steps forward.

"You are warriors." She says. "As am I. I want to do something with these powers besides random violence. I want to be part of something more."

Sai'ah answers last.

"Mom thinks I could benefit from the structure and discipline an army provides." She says. "I agree. I want to refine myself, to learn discipline and control. A military group is the perfect place for that. And I can read people well, help smooth over any incidents with the locals, get intel from enemies. I am a valuable asset."

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He is Second Generation remember. Sai'ah says. Not as scarred as you first gen. Not as powerful either, but there has to be a tradeoff somewhere.

Laura steps forward.

"You are warriors." She says. "As am I. I want to do something with these powers besides random violence. I want to be part of something more."

Sai'ah answers last.

"Mom thinks I could benefit from the structure and discipline an army provides." She says. "I agree. I want to refine myself, to learn discipline and control. A military group is the perfect place for that. And I can read people well, help smooth over any incidents with the locals, get intel from enemies. I am a valuable asset."

This was the second surprise for Theri: the girl claims she didn't run away from home to the freaking army. This reveal, however, was less shocking that the previous one. 

She sighed and proceeded with an answer: "First of all - we are not mere mercenaries. It is true that we have a merc sub-division, but that is only the proxy part of our organization that is, however, happens to be more recognizable by the wide public than the regular part. Our regular division is... well... it is the army. The army of those who fought sentients from the very beginning and later on, the army of those who always kept their soldier's oath close to the heart and dared not to forget it even in this strange century, the army of those who firmly believe in "who if not me?". I'll even say more - we are a family. A big, armed, and damnably dangerous family. Our main goal is simple: to preserve humankind, with which most of us associate. This goal breaks into many routes: to secure colonies and see them prosper, to forge and encourage governance and diplomatic relations between mentioned societies, to realize global projects that would grant our civilization better survival odds; these are some of them. Simple as that.

"Now, have these blanks filled," she said while handing holo-pads with such lines as personal info, affiliate, record, skills and proficiencies, owned gear, and autobiography, "take your time. We must have these details of yours before letting you converse with the local staff officer" 

A frost wearing the low regulars division colors entered the garage. Theri addressed him and handed the yet another holo pad. "I will be busy with these before the third shift, and Cooper is currently training the gamma team. Your task is to back me up via handing this to Tammy, elaborating the situation, and gathering feedback. Possibly, checking the implementation. Execute, lieutenant"

Ulf saluted her in acknowledgement and proceeded to the exit, cheerfully waving at Saiah before walking though the gateway while Bloom wasn't looking.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

This was the second surprise for Theri: the girl claims she didn't run away from home to the freaking army. This reveal, however, was less shocking that the previous one. 

She sighed and proceeded with an answer: "First of all - we are not mere mercenaries. It is true that we have a merc sub-division, but that is only the proxy part of our organization that is, however, happens to be more recognizable by the wide public than the regular part. Our regular division is... well... it is the army. The army of those who fought sentients from the very beginning and later on, the army of those who always kept their soldier's oath close to the heart and dared not to forget it even in this strange century, the army of those who firmly believe in "who if not me?". I'll even say more - we are a family. A big, armed, and damnably dangerous family. Our main goal is simple: to preserve humankind, with which most of us associate. This goal breaks into many routes: to secure colonies and see them prosper, to forge and encourage governance and diplomatic relations between mentioned societies, to realize global projects that would grant our civilization better survival odds; these are some of them. Simple as that.

"Now, have these blanks filled," she said while handing holo-pads with such lines as personal info, affiliate, record, skills and proficiencies, owned gear, and autobiography, "take your time. We must have these details of yours before letting you converse with the local staff officer" 

A frost wearing the low regulars division colors entered the garage. Theri addressed him and handed the yet another holo pad. "I will be busy with these before the third shift, and Cooper is currently training the gamma team. Your task is to back me up via handing this to Tammy, elaborating the situation, and gathering feedback. Possibly, checking the implementation. Execute, lieutenant"

Ulf saluted her in acknowledgement and proceeded to the exit, cheerfully waving at Saiah before walking though the gateway while Bloom wasn't looking.

Now for age. Sai'ah mentally asks you. Do you want physical age, mental age, or the number of years since my birth?

Laura eagerly fills hers out.

Her age is listed as 21, her affiliation is Tenno. Her record includes a smattering of standard Tenno ops. She is shown to be proficient with Valkyr, and the Tigris set of weaponry, which she owns, and at hacking.

Her autobiography shows that she was an indentured servant at aCorpus mining facility before a Tenno raid freed her. 

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Now for age. Sai'ah mentally asks you. Do you want physical age, mental age, or the number of years since my birth?

Laura eagerly fills hers out.

Her age is listed as 21, her affiliation is Tenno. Her record includes a smattering of standard Tenno ops. She is shown to be proficient with Valkyr, and the Tigris set of weaponry, which she owns, and at hacking.

Her autobiography shows that she was an indentured servant at aCorpus mining facility before a Tenno raid freed her. 

Biological before tennofication and overall lifespan Theri delivers laconically.

After looking to the first application, Bloom handed it back to valkyr and commented, "affiliation means your relations with syndicates and other groups. Also, since you are the new breed, add your relatives"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Biological before tennofication and overall lifespan Theri delivers laconically.

After looking to the first application, Bloom handed it back to valkyr and commented, "affiliation means your relations with syndicates and other groups. Also, since you are the new breed, add your relatives"

She quickly hands it back. 

Surprisingly Hexis is indicated as her Syndicate. Under relatives it lists none alive. 

Sai'ah lists her age as 10. 

Or rather 10/18 in fraction form.

There. She says. If anyone asks you can say my age is over 18.

Edited by Rakawan

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

She quickly hands it back. 

Surprisingly Hexis is indicated as her Syndicate. Under relatives it lists none alive. 

Bloom looked at the new info and commented, "If you'd be let in, you will fit just fine" 

Then, she looked at Jas expectingly.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Bloom looked at the new info and commented, "If you'd be let in, you will fit just fine" 

Then, she looked at Jas expectingly.

Jas hands in his file, and so does Sasha.

Their age is indicated to be 25. Both have no affiliation. There records list several combat ops dating to back before the Tenno woke from Cryo-sleep four years ago. They are each proficient with a wide variety of weponry, preferring Grineer. Both own several sets of Tenno weaponry and a ship. 

It appears both grew up in the same colony as the Phenix founder and served with him after he formed his resistance group.

11 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Ahh a Helios Prime." She says. "My husband found one while searching for the components for this frame. They are quite useful."

Her Helios Prime is attached to a bandolier and rests on her back. It appears heavily damaged, as does her Warframe. There are signs of damage from Sentient energy weapons.

Interestingly the guards wave her through without any scans. One of the guards even offers a half-bow. It appears she occupies a position of some importance.

Scans reveal that she is armed with a Burston Prime and Sicarus Prime, and carries a Nikana Prime. 

"Overriding genetic locks?" She asks. "That will come in handy if you decide to work at the Reliquary. Several of the current engineers have high level access left over from before the Collapse, so granting permissions is not difficult, but time consuming."

She leads you through the gates and a city opens up before you. The architecture is remarkable similar to an Orokin establishment, with ivory walls and gold trim. However the trim is composed primarily of oxium, rather than the ore the Orokin used, and the white walls feature a gallium alloy. Rather than true Orokin architecture it seems like most of it is designed to emulate the style.

Humans, garbed in street clothes walk and mingle among the streets. They pay little heed to you and Felicity, but do move to give you a wide berth. You can see Tenno, outside their warframes, garbed in ornate white robes. The humans and Tenno seem to form different groups, and while both acknowledge the other, neither makes any effort to join the conversations of the other.

"This is Seven's bar...." Felciity starts.

A hush runs over everyone assembled. Four vibrantly colored red and black Ash warframes step through the suddenly wide gaps between the groups.

"Great." Felicity says, with a groan. "I was hoping to avoid him."

The council records indicate them to be Wraiths, council special forces, hated and feared even by most Tenno. The report contains little else besides a note from the Phenix Council reminding citizens that Wrath business is not to be interfered with in any circumstance. 

Wanderer nods to Felicity's comment about the Helios, looking closely at the signs of sentient weapons, and then returns to scanning the unfamiliar surroundings.

He smiles slightly at the half-bow made by the guard but does not comment, instead replying to her observation about the genetic locks: "It took a lot of research, but is definitely invaluable..  it even helps protect against the corrupted to a limited extent... and yes, i do intend to do a bit of work at your reliquary, it sounds like it is far more intact than most of Lua."

As they pass through the gate a slight ripple passed over his warframe, and he looks intently around as he walks, getting a feel for the layout of the city, then at the appearance of the wraiths his posture shifts ever so slightly, and small sparks of static play around his feet and hands, but he stays silent and waits for something to happen.

Edited by Elvangreen

17 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Alan opens fire at it. Dixon tosses Talons at the remaining armored portion to dislodge more.

Philip pulls his blades free from the mandible and drives both through a portion of the root, pinning it to the ground, before drawing forth twin blades of void energy from his palms. Interestingly the void readings from his warframe do not change, indicating that it is not the source of this ability.

There was something special about the scene that ensued - something primordially brutal and dramatic. A knowledgeable artist with the immense interest in anthropology would certainly see the direct analogy of the way these four high testosterone-yield men were tearing down the desperately agonizing “beast” that twitched and ramped in its agony with no avail. Just like a bunch of proto-human hunters, these men were beating the metaphoric mammoth with jolly sounds and in a ruthless tempo, as if the satiation of their tribe was at stake. Despite victim's dramatic efforts to fight for its existence, the root-ish “beast” went motionless, slowly losing its inner white luminance.

However, the fact that the “beast” has perished did not stop the heaviest “hunter”. He continued to chop what now appeared as the “corpse” of the mechanoid "mammoth" with the same level of efficient brutality, literally hacking deeper into its remnants for whatever blood-chilling reason he had.

{just watch} {ask out}

Edited by Teloch

14 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Jas hands in his file, and so does Sasha.

Their age is indicated to be 25. Both have no affiliation. There records list several combat ops dating to back before the Tenno woke from Cryo-sleep four years ago. They are each proficient with a wide variety of weponry, preferring Grineer. Both own several sets of Tenno weaponry and a ship. 

It appears both grew up in the same colony as the Phenix founder and served with him after he formed his resistance group.

"If your gear expertise exceeds the basic usage proficiency and extends into the modification and/or manufacturing then I can already see the way in which two of you can be useful"

Edited by Teloch

7 hours ago, Teloch said:

There was something special about the scene that ensued - something primordially brutal and dramatic. A knowledgeable artist with the immense interest in anthropology would certainly see the direct analogy of the way these four high testosterone-yield men were tearing down the desperately agonizing “beast” that twitched and ramped in its agony with no avail. Just like a bunch of proto-human hunters, these men were beating the metaphoric mammoth with jolly sounds and in a ruthless tempo, as if the satiation of their tribe was at stake. Despite victim's dramatic efforts to fight for its existence, the root-ish “beast” went motionless, slowly losing its inner white luminance.

However, the fact that the “beast” has perished did not stop the heaviest “hunter”. He continued to chop what now appeared as the “corpse” of the mechanoid "mammoth" with the same level of efficient brutality, literally hacking deeper into its remnants for whatever blood-chilling reason he had.

{just watch} {ask out}

Alan puts his hand on Teloch's shoulder.

"It's dead Siger." He says. "Save your strength. We still have more to explore."

Dixon cuts small samples off of the main root and places them in containment modules in storage.