The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah simply smiles.

"No more than any other Tenno has." Jas says. "Those that had reason to hate us before we became Tenno are dead. Many of us tied up loose ends when we got this power. IF there is someone out there gunning specifically for us they have managed to remain anonymous."

"Well, I assume Laura has none of these issues as well. Does anybody have questions? If not, then I suppose you are free until we contact you"

Edited by Teloch

On 3/30/2017 at 10:43 PM, Elvangreen said:

At first Wanderer observes the confrontation silently, nodding slowly as Dirge confirmed his hunch, sizing up the wraiths and evaluating their equipment; but when Dirge drew his viper he twitched slightly, and faint pulses of electrical energy sparked over his warframe.

The energy fades out as Dirge lowers his gun, and Wanderer meets his gaze steadily, the warframes impassive features betraying no emotion or response to his warning.

Once Dirge leaves he returns to surveying the local area, and watches the Vauban approach with curiosity, nodding slightly at Felicity's introduction.

"Well met, I have heard much about the innovation of this colony... I hope i have an opportunity to study some of your technology first hand."

"You should." He says. "I am also on my way to Lua to join the Reliquary Project."

He motions to a strange pad and console in an alley.

"Shall we?" He asks Felicity.

Overhead a group of Raptor style proxies flies over the city.

The people resume chatting.

You catch a glimpse of a massive armored Grineer Trooper talking to a short figure beside it as they amble through the crowd.

On 3/31/2017 at 5:07 PM, Teloch said:

"Well, I assume Laura has none of these issues as well. Does anybody have questions? If not, then I suppose you are free until we contact you"

No one has any questions.

Jas and Sasha return to the hospital. 

Laura proceeds to wander around town.

Sai'ah however spends her time in the city square performing mind tricks for the amusement of others.

8 hours ago, Teloch said:

Ulf made it to the capoitol district and was trying to contact Tammy over the comm channels using the credentials he received earlier.

Tammy answers the second attempt.

"Representative." She says. "How may I help you?"

On 3/31/2017 at 4:57 PM, Teloch said:

Sig took a moment to charge up his void reserves and to beam the lesser ayatan beacon with two quite powerful blazing beams. The device visually sustained some burns but also threw itself into cyclic motion around non-existant larger beacon. The station began to energize ever so slightly. It seems like the lesser beacon can only accumulate and provide enough energy for the emergency functionality mode. Still, occasional distress lights and powered doors are better than utter staleness and stasis. 

"We don't have time to clean up the place, lads. The sentry most likely made enough tunnels to navigate through the station. Speaking of, I remember where is the command terminal, so I will hit the officers HQ; Phill's pooch may prove most useful in the cluttered areas like the barrack wing even if it is not of sahasa or chesa breeds. Alan might follow whomever he wants or check the med bay and the training hall that is in between the command quarters and the arsenal. We need him in the center of our spread, so we can gather around him quickly. Now let us move, and don't forget the team comms"

After these words, he followed Dix into the "cavern", ending up standing in the large corridor that was forking into two pathways.

"Command quarters are to the left and past the main and briefing halls; the arsenal and foundries are in this wing, right behind the wall," He addressed Dix over team comms before turning to the left corridor sleeve.

Reveal hidden contents

CoXG60Y.png

{Who goes where / inspects what pathway?}

Dixon investigates the arsenal.

Phil tries to find a way to the barrack wing. 

Alan checks out the medical bay.

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon investigates the arsenal.

Phil tries to find a way to the barrack wing. 

Alan checks out the medical bay.

Sig moved deeper into the station, after some moments, he whistled and spoke via team comms: "Moving further. The direct path to the command quarters is blocked: the briefing hall is a one totally collapsed mess. The adjusted main hall, however, hosts a huge core-grade prismatic pregmite. Any updates or questions so far?"

Phill ended up in the barrack wing. Or at least in what remained from it. The shelled sentry was surely frequent to this part of the station: some of the cells were missing walls, others were de-doored, decayed junk lying everywhere in big piles, and now dead root-like neural nodes covering all the place. It seems like the sentry used this place as the center of its neural cobweb. Nothing catches the eye so far: the interiors are way too messy and ruined.

{try to inspect the place} {move further into the barrack wing} {request support or just chatter} {head elsewhere nearby}

Dix passed one jammed doorway and ended up not in the weaponry storage, but in the weaponsmithing workshop. The place certainly seemed better days: the lesser tools were scattered on the floor; in the middle of the room  there was a decently-sized prismite geode of sunshine-red color, some of the larger machines, however, seemed to be overrun with docile rootish tendrils which lost their glow due to the death of the network "brain". Seems like this is one of the places the malfunctioned sentry used for its purposes. The lockers are ravaged same as storages. There seemed to be three adjacent rooms, one of which was blocked by the collapsed doorway with only few relatively small gaps hinting that there might be something on the other side.

{try to inspect the place} {inspect the left storeroom} {try to get inside the central storeroom} {inspect the right storeroom} {request support or just chatter} {head elsewhere nearby}

Surprisingly, the med bay where Alan was standing was mostly intact - just decayed after many centuries. Judging by the state of the room, the sentry wasn't very interested in the matters of healthcare. There is a black chest with smooth surface standing in one of the corners, and a big locker with what appear as instruments by the other wall. There was also a dozen of simple bedplaces and a couple of voluminous "capsules".

{try to inspect the place} {inspect the locker} {inspect the chest} {request support or just chatter} {head elsewhere nearby}

Everyone from the party could feel the growing intensity of the void storm beyond the station hull. The experience feels little bit thrilling, as if everyone were cats observing a thunderstorm with rain from a windowsill.

Spoiler

xRl84Bp.png

Edited by Teloch

Tammy answers the second attempt.

"Representative." She says. "How may I help you?"

"Aye. The boss ordered me to deliver the tender offer concerning the garrison's food supply. Officers don't feel like feeding contingent with MRE packs all way long and decided to stimulate local farmers with a bit of currency influx. There is also another one - the one inquiring local leisure facilities about their services and readiness to serve small groups of soldiers. She asked me to deliver it personally and to make sure you have no questions" 

Edited by Teloch

No one has any questions.

Jas and Sasha return to the hospital. 

Laura proceeds to wander around town.

Sai'ah however spends her time in the city square performing mind tricks for the amusement of others.

When everyone left, Therese attempted to contact Melanie.

"Chairman? I hope I do not distract you from your duties because there are two matters I need to discuss with you: one official and one not-so-official"

Edited by Teloch

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

When everyone left, Therese attempted to contact Melanie.

"Chairman? I hope I do not distract you from your duties because there are two matters I need to discuss with you: one official and one not-so-official"

Melanie answers after a moment. 

"Would I be correct in assuming the unofficial matter involves my daughter?" She asks.

Sig moved deeper into the station, after some moments, he whistled and spoke via team comms: "Moving further. The direct path to the command quarters is blocked: the briefing hall is a one totally collapsed mess. The adjusted main hall, however, hosts a huge core-grade prismatic pregmite. Any updates or questions so far?"

Phill ended up in the barrack wing. Or at least in what remained from it. The shelled sentry was surely frequent to this part of the station: some of the cells were missing walls, others were de-doored, decayed junk lying everywhere in big piles, and now dead root-like neural nodes covering all the place. It seems like the sentry used this place as the center of its neural cobweb. Nothing catches the eye so far: the interiors are way too messy and ruined.

{try to inspect the place} {move further into the barrack wing} {request support or just chatter} {head elsewhere nearby}

Reveal hidden contents

xRl84Bp.png

Philip chimes in.

"Nothing of note in the barracks." He says. "No sign of any active pods. Does look like the Golem was here often."

Dix passed one jammed doorway and ended up not in the weaponry storage, but in the weaponsmithing workshop. The place certainly seemed better days: the lesser tools were scattered on the floor; in the middle of the room  there was a decently-sized prismite geode of sunshine-red color, some of the larger machines, however, seemed to be overrun with docile rootish tendrils which lost their glow due to the death of the network "brain". Seems like this is one of the places the malfunctioned sentry used for its purposes. The lockers are ravaged same as storages. There seemed to be three adjacent rooms, one of which was blocked by the collapsed doorway with only few relatively small gaps hinting that there might be something on the other side.

{try to inspect the place} {inspect the left storeroom} {try to get inside the central storeroom} {inspect the right storeroom} {request support or just chatter} {head elsewhere nearby}

Dixon sends his Kavat to try to squeeze into the central storeroom.

"Armory seems overrun." He says. "But no signs of any life. I'll check out the storerooms."

Surprisingly, the med bay where Alan was standing was mostly intact - just decayed after many centuries. Judging by the state of the room, the sentry wasn't very interested in the matters of healthcare. There is a black chest with smooth surface standing in one of the corners, and a big locker with what appear as instruments by the other wall. There was also a dozen of simple bedplaces and a couple of voluminous "capsules".

{try to inspect the place} {inspect the locker} {inspect the chest} {request support or just chatter} {head elsewhere nearby}

"Sig," Alan says. "I've got a strange black storage chest, and some strange capsules. Sending visuals now."

He sends a picture of them to Teloch. 

"I'd rather not open some containment cell or bio-weapon storage." He says. "Any clue whats inside?"

"Aye. The boss ordered me to deliver the tender offer concerning the garrison's food supply. Officers don't feel like feeding contingent with MRE packs all way long and decided to stimulate local farmers with a bit of currency influx. There is also another one - the one inquiring local leisure facilities about their services and readiness to serve small groups of soldiers. She asked me to deliver it personally and to make sure you have no questions" 

"I will contact the farmers and see what can be worked out." She says. "However for the second inquiry you will need to check with Sven. He is head of public affairs, and will have a better idea of what facilities would work." 

She gives you coordinates to another office. 

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Absolutely. Do you know she wants to apply?"

"Of course." She says. "I suggested it. She wants to do some good with her powers, and I felt that sending her to work for the WTC would help her learn discipline and self control."

46 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Philip chimes in.

"Nothing of note in the barracks." He says. "No sign of any active pods. Does look like the Golem was here often."

"Sweep the area for any decently preserved belongings or containers. If there's none, which is quite possible, then move further"

{try to inspect the place} {move further into the barrack wing} {head elsewhere}

Dixon sends his Kavat to try to squeeze into the central storeroom.

"Armory seems overrun." He says. "But no signs of any life. I'll check out the storerooms."

The kavat manages to squeeze and now stares at the decently preserved crafting device, workbench, and a row of heavy code-panel lockers. One of them is shut while the rest is empty.

"Sig," Alan says. "I've got a strange black storage chest, and some strange capsules. Sending visuals now."

He sends a picture of them to Teloch. 

"I'd rather not open some containment cell or bio-weapon storage." He says. "Any clue whats inside?"

"Those must be the biochambers for advanced organics scans and non-contact surgery. As for the storage, that's the 'autopsy box'"

{inspect the locker} {inspect the chest} {head to another room}

Edited by Teloch

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Of course." She says. "I suggested it. She wants to do some good with her powers, and I felt that sending her to work for the WTC would help her learn discipline and self control."

"Well. That places us in a complicated situation. General Siger is strongly against any sort of child soldiers usage when lieutenant-colonel Estelle would easily march atop bodies of foes and friends alike to get a psycher at her disposal. Moreover, do you realize that if your daughter will serve among us, she will be exposed to more-than-average risk? Don't read me wrong, but If I had a daughter, I would never let her join military"

Edited by Teloch

41 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I will contact the farmers and see what can be worked out." She says. "However for the second inquiry you will need to check with Sven. He is head of public affairs, and will have a better idea of what facilities would work." 

She gives you coordinates to another office. 

"To ask Swen where can our girls and boyos have a little Sunday spree? Sounds grand already. And aye - will be there shortly"

And indeed, he reached the office in less than ten minutes. Having official transport sure does help.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Well. That places us in a complicated situation. General Siger is strongly against any sort of child soldiers usage when lieutenant-colonel Estelle would easily march atop bodies of foes and friends alike to get a psycher at her disposal. Moreover, do you realize that if your daughter will serve among us, she will be exposed to more-than-average risk? Don't read me wrong, but If I had a daughter, I would never let her join military"

"When I joined the resistance I resigned myself to the fact that I would likely lose loved ones in this war." Melanie says. "We all did. Do we not owe it to those weaker than ourselves to fight?"

She sighs.

"Regardless, my daughter is not one to sit on the sidelines." She says. "She has made it clear that one way or another she plans to take an active role in this conflict. Even if it means working with that monster Nemesis."

Her teeth visibly grate together as she says the other Telepath's name.

"I would much rather my daughter go into battle beside people I trust." She says. "Tenno who I know would fight tooth and nail for eachother. That leaves you, or Miraalan, and I would prefer she learn the structure and discipline that the military provides."

She slides holo-pad to an assistant. 

"In short you are the best option of a tough choice." She says. "And I think you will find that despite her antics, she is not so childish as you would think."

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"To ask Seven where can our girls and boyos have a little Sunday spree? Sounds grand already. And aye - will be there shortly"

And indeed, he reached the office in less than ten minutes. Having official transport sure does help.

Seven's office is remarkably different from the others. Wine bottles line the wall, along with several calendars. A desk drawer seems to slosh as he closes it. He holds up a finger as you enter.

"I understand that Ambassador." He says. "But I doubt an effigy burning would be classified as family friendly. Yes what you do in your own territory is your decision, but if you want to be part of the celebrations in the capitol you will need to find something more... tasteful. No offense of course. I will call you back."

He closes the channel.

"Ahh Ulf." He says. "Haven't seen you down at the bar for a while. How can I help you?"

Edited by Rakawan

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"When I joined the resistance I resigned myself to the fact that I would likely lose loved ones in this war." Melanie says. "We all did. Do we not owe it to those weaker than ourselves to fight?"

She sighs.

"Regardless, my daughter is not one to sit on the sidelines." She says. "She has made it clear that one way or another she plans to take an active role in this conflict. Even if it means working with that monster Nemesis."

Her teeth visibly grate together as she says the other Telepath's name.

"I would much rather my daughter go into battle beside people I trust." She says. "Tenno who I know would fight tooth and nail for eachother. That leaves you, or Miraalan, and I would prefer she learn the structure and discipline that the military provides."

She slides holo-pad to an assistant. 

"In short you are the best option of a tough choice." She says. "And I think you will find that despite her antics, she is not so childish as you would think."

Bloom sighed, "Considering that we are discussing the unofficial topic, I'll take a liberty to note that you have guts, Melanie" She took a short pause and then inquired, "What's the situation with that Nemesis?" 

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Sweep the area for any decently preserved belongings or containers. If there's none, which is quite possible, then move further"

{try to inspect the place} {move further into the barrack wing} {head elsewhere}

Philip searches for any personal items, using his void blades as a extra light source.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

The kavat manages to squeeze and now stares at the decently preserved crafting device, workbench, and a row of heavy code-panel lockers. One of them is shut.

The Kavat paws at the locker, trying to open it. Dixon reaches through an opening and deploys a decoy, then swaps with it.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Those must be the biochambers for advanced organics scans and non-contact surgery. As for the storage, that's the 'autopsy box'"

{try to inspect the place} {inspect the locker} {inspect the chest} {request support or just chatter} {head to another room}

Alan closes his eyes and takes a breath, reaching out with his void powers, looking for any imprints near the area.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seven's office is remarkably different from the others. Wine bottles line the wall, along with several calendars. A desk drawer seems to slosh as he closes it. He holds up a finger as you enter.

"I understand that Ambassador." He says. "But I doubt an effigy burning would be classified as family friendly. Yes what you do in your own territory is your decision, but if you want to be part of the celebrations in the capitol you will need to find something more... tasteful. No offense of course. I will call you back."

He closes the channel.

"Ahh Ulf." He says. "Haven't seen you down at the bar for a while. How can I help you?"

"Eh, sorry for laying low - I've been field-promoted by the big boss, adjusted to a mentor, and now run errands like an overcharged osprey on harkonar machine greese. Would be happy to hit the bar actually. And that's why I'm here - the lads and lasses got a harsh entry lecture upon arrival, but we're not sadists and seek to reward them for proper job. That means we need to make a short list of establishments when the officers can walk their groups for some quality time"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Bloom sighed, "Considering that we are discussing the unofficial topic, I'll take a liberty to note that you have guts, Melanie" She took a short pause and then inquired, "What's the situation with that Nemesis?" 

She smiles slightly at the compliment.

"Your guess is as good as mine." She says. "Sai'ah seems to have reached some sort of agreement with her. I don't like it, but destroying her would rob Sai'ah of a teacher, and require resources that seem better spent fighting the Grineer for now. I do not like that monster, but she is not our enemy. I doubt she even cares about us beyond the effect we have on Sai'ah. I'd say you'd have to meet her to understand, but you should pray you never do."

"If you want to know more contact Namira." She says. "What little else there is to know about that monster, she knows."

She folds her hands.

"Now what is the official matter?" She asks.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"Eh, sorry for laying low - I've been field-promoted by the big boss, adjusted to a mentor, and now run errands like an overcharged osprey on harkonar machine greese. Would be happy to hit the bar actually. And that's why I'm here - the lads and lasses got a harsh entry lecture upon arrival, but we're not sadists and seek to reward them for proper job. That means we need to make a short list of establishments when the officers can walk their groups for some quality time"

"Well your troops will always be welcome at my bar." He says. "So long as they abide by the rules same as everyone else."

He pulls up a map.

"Besides that what sort of establishments are you looking for?" He says. "With the influx of refugees we have begun investing in more and more endeavors that could be considered luxury items."

18 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Philip searches for any personal items, using his void blades as a extra light source.

When the search seemed to be fruitless and there seemed nothing more to be done, something sparked in one of the piles. After a bit of pile digging and dirt brushing, an object shows up - a half-palm-sized gilded medal with pale luminous ribbon. It is quite shabby, but on its backside a fragment of the ingrained sentence can be read "... the concrete of all empires"

{report and proceed further} {go back / elsewhere}

The Kavat paws at the locker, trying to open it. Dixon reaches through an opening and deploys a decoy, then swaps with it.

The locker is heavy and semi-mechanic, probably based on the magnetic dead locks. The code panel blinks as the emergency charge of the station beacon balances near its bottom values. There are no more distinguishable objects in the room.

{try to improvise to break it open } {report / ask for help} {go elswhere}

Alan closes his eyes and takes a breath, reaching out with his void powers, looking for any imprints near the area.

It felt like there were a few minor, almost faded traces in the objects inside the black chest. Also, there seemed to be a more distinguishable trace attached to an object behind the wall locker doors. After examining its contents from behind the polymer-glass, one may assume that the object is one of the surgery instruments.

{try to improvise to break it open} {go elsewhere}

As the storm outside continued to grow stronger, swapping the somewhat-excited feeling for the more alerted one, Sig spoke through the comms: "Passed the officers lounge hall. Those smug bastards were holding to empire's luxury when we were dying in the butchery of Uranus counter-offense campaign. A pool table and a wine cellar of pure gold, [censored]!" he sighed the irritation away (probably because the people he was thinking about were now long-dead) "Standing in one of the archives near the commander's HQ. Perhaps some of the data can be recovered. Here is also another prismite deposit - near core grade, possibly a perfect Naramon conductor. This place is the mine of the rarest materials..."  

Spoiler

bUASn0G.png

Edited by Teloch