The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The scorpion's vitals return to normal as the toxin is cleansed.

"Thank you Healer." The Meridian captain says. "We will take it from here."

"Medic.  And it was no trouble."  He returned to his ship.

On 10.05.2017 at 11:40 PM, Rakawan said:

Elsewhere...

"The static underlying the signal bothered me." Ivan says. "But I couldn't figure out why. So I did the safe thing and ran an analysis of the signal fragment."

"And?" Dirge asks.

"It's only 78% pure." Ivan replies. "There are two other signals that underlay it. One is unknown, and the other..."

A UHC IFF tag appears on the screen.

"Why would you broadcast two IFF tags?" Dirge asks.

"You wouldn't." Ivan says. "Unless..."

"Unless you wanted to rapidly switch between a selection." Dirge says. "You'd need..."

"A disruption." Ivan says. "And there was one. The millisecond the scan completed there was a burst of static across the link. Strong enough to mask the corrupted signal. But there's more."

A graph on the screen shows a WTC signal, and compares it to the fake one.

"Orokin systems are highly complex." He says. "A working knowledge can let us use and edit them, but not perfectly. Any good military group would regularly update it's IFF tag to avoid the possibility of it being copied. But that change bleeds over, leaving faint, sporadic echoes of the old signal. The one on the top has them. The one on the bottom..."

Dirge looked at the graph.

"It's clean." He says. "Too clean."

"The echoes are random, and usually take a while to ap'pear." Ivan says. "So a brief scan wouldn't pick up on them. You'd need a high power, long duration scan to find them. A brief scan and replication of the WTC IFF tag gives us..."

A third signal appears, an identical match for the second.

"A clean signal." Dirge says. "No echoes. Those cowards didn't hack the WTC tag. They copied the broadcast!"

He turns to Ivan.

"Who has this tech?" He asks.

"Us." Ivan says.

"Who else?" Dirge demands.

"No one." Ivan says. "I salvaged it from old smuggler equipment, from the only example remaining. This tech predates the Tenno, even the Dax. Any remaining samples would have been destroyed in the Collapse. I made sure of it."

Dirge fell silent.

"Sir." Ivan says. "Whoever attacked us is either incredibly clever... or has been planning this for a very long time."

Dirge opens a channel to Theresa.

Bloom wasn't expecting any incoming calls. Yet, she hacked it in after assessing the address, adding one more participant to the conference between her, Wuzhong, and Ryoko

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Bloom wasn't expecting any incoming calls. Yet, she hacked it in after assessing the address, adding one more participant to the conference between her, Wuzhong, and Ryoko

Ryoko appears on the channel.

"My apologies." He says. "There were several matters that required my attention."

Dirge appears.

"We now have concrete proof that the vessel that bombed the platform was not, in fact a WTC vessel." Dirge says. "Though I am afraid that comes with its own bad news. The enemies are using an old smuggler trick. They have a device that can scan and duplicate any IFF tag within seconds of an encounter. Which means that if you are spending time updating IFF tags, I'd advise you to stop, it will not solve anything."

"I also have information relevant to recent events." Ryoko says. "But it's not good. While investigating the tower from which the cyber attacks originated, my forces were attacked by two Orokin Destroyer class vessels. Whoever this group is, they have access to an arsenal that rivals ours. But that is not the only concern."

He brings up two pictures of Corpus Proxies.

"The Corpus have been unusually bold recently." He says. "Ergo Glast has notified me that Frohd Bek plans to unveil and unleash new Ambulas Proxies across the system. And Nef Anyo has sent an armada of Razorback proxies to assault one of our relays. Whether these events are related, or separate, I cannot tell."

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"hmm."  Max walks closer to Maverick, hand clutched to his cut.  "I get the feeling it wasn't to actually protect my well being.  So, Is everyone else still here, or just you?"

"Just me." He says. "Everyone else went back."

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

"Right.  Deathwish."  Max walks past him, continuing on his journey.  

Maverick slings the rifle on his back and follows after you.

There are more webs the further into the area you go. Apparently the spider was either very busy, or not alone.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I told him we needed his medical knowledge here and he said he was otherwise occupied." She says. "He said you could help."

Damien looked confused.  "I can and I am.  Was there anything in particular he wanted you to tell me?"

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Damien looked confused.  "I can and I am.  Was there anything in particular he wanted you to tell me?"

"He said 'Ask him what will drown the sun when darkness shakes the sky and give him your dojo key'." She says. "I assume that has some meaning for you."

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"He said 'Ask him what will drown the sun when darkness shakes the sky and give him your dojo key'." She says. "I assume that has some meaning for you."

Damien blinked.  "I'll need your dojo key then," he said after a moment.