The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

Dark tries to rip the door open.

The glass shatters, floating past you. The door is now broken, preventing the airlock from sealing properly. Opening it will likely decompress the cabin, just like the original entrance would. 

On 15.05.2017 at 4:48 PM, Rakawan said:

yoko appears on the channel.

"My apologies." He says. "There were several matters that required my attention."

Dirge appears.

"We now have concrete proof that the vessel that bombed the platform was not, in fact a WTC vessel." Dirge says. "Though I am afraid that comes with its own bad news. The enemies are using an old smuggler trick. They have a device that can scan and duplicate any IFF tag within seconds of an encounter. Which means that if you are spending time updating IFF tags, I'd advise you to stop, it will not solve anything."

Ryoko's reoccurrence and the fact he missed fragments of the conference made at least two participants idle in embarrassed silence. Seems like they weren't particularly glad about being ignored. Thankfully, a new participant popped out and tickled a "triggering" topic

"That half-grilled adder Hebert should not know that I'll issue an alternative group recognitions mode upon return. Some additional work - even if needless - and possible punishment might fix her attitude a bit. Or serve as an example for others"

On 15.05.2017 at 4:48 PM, Rakawan said:

"I also have information relevant to recent events." Ryoko says. "But it's not good. While investigating the tower from which the cyber attacks originated, my forces were attacked by two Orokin Destroyer class vessels. Whoever this group is, they have access to an arsenal that rivals ours. But that is not the only concern."

He brings up two pictures of Corpus Proxies.

"The Corpus have been unusually bold recently." He says. "Ergo Glast has notified me that Frohd Bek plans to unveil and unleash new Ambulas Proxies across the system. And Nef Anyo has sent an armada of Razorback proxies to assault one of our relays. Whether these events are related, or separate, I cannot tell."

The intel on corpus activity made Wu chuckle creepily.

She turned the camera away from her, revealing a scene of a severely damaged by bombardment industrial landscape, furnished with heaps of crewman corpses and piles of heavy proxy fragments scattered all around. Some tenno were finishing off the rare corpus survivors, distributing control shots. Others were disassembling the heavy proxies for spare parts. One Octavia was dancing her twirly dance with a rifle atop of a destroyed "Condor" carrier on such a background, adding some creepy undertones to already gruesome scene. It seems like there was some serious fighting around, and now the ancient wartime pilfering trophies claiming rite was taking place. 

"Make conclusions yourself"

She turned the camera back

"The pseudo-orokin recursion is what should be addressed firsthand. It might be a sleeping cell going active, a clandestine group growing fat, or, what would be less possible, an invasion from without, which would mean a D-day for the whole system.

Also, do remind me of why should we give the slightest damn about the issues of your jesuit friend?"

Edited by Teloch

On 10.05.2017 at 9:26 PM, Rakawan said:

Above the dunes an Ash Prime, in Orokin white and gold, watches the fight. 

"Priority mark 1 located." He says. "Priority two and five marks also found."

"Please confirm identity of priority 1 mark." The reply says.

"Mark matches descriptions of WTC leader." The ash says. "Confirm kill order still stands."

"Kill order still stands." The voice replies. "Glory to the Seven."

The Ash sights in on Teloch, adjusting his scope to fit the range. A second before he pulls the trigger a song bursts over the comms. 

"Da da dee dee dee dee do do." The voice sings.

Thhe round leaves the barrel, hurtling through the air to glance off of Teloch's shoulder, its glancing impact enough to severely deplete the iron skin.

A flash alerts the ash who teleports, just before Dixon's round shatters his armor.

"Enemy communication protocols decrypted." Darrin says. "Colonel, there is an active hostile Assassin closing in your position. Ash Prime, standard colors. Be on guard."

On 10.05.2017 at 11:17 PM, Rakawan said:

"I will do what I can but this ship was not designed for anti-air." The Longsword Captain says.

Three more shuttles approach. Bombardment from the Longsword destroys one, but the other two slip through and deposit two more platoon's of corrupted, that swarm towards position four.

The resulting mortar bombardment falls upon the assembled corrupted, only to detonated harmlessly against a laser dome above the area. Whoever deployed these corrupted certainly wants them to remain mostly intact.

Perhaps he would've joked about assassination attempt, but 1) ever since his early tenno days in the bloodbath of Mars, this planet was getting on his nerves badly 2) this pr!ck was an unforeseen interruption 3) this pr!ck was diverting his attention from liberating the person he missed and frantically searched for years, which made him mute in the swiftly growing anger.

Sig swiftly hopped from the cliff in the direction of rendezvous point, swapping his LMG's magazine for the one with magnetic munitions in the air, began to raise up huge clouds of sand in the air via force waves, creating a wide and moving dust shroud that concealed him from being, and deployed the specter copying his own frame for additional tactical advantage. 

His heavy vessel dived down to the bombing altitude, dropping a deployment pod into the middle of the shroud the rhino was raising, proceeding to the approximate third party's location, and bombing the upper slope of the adjoining mountain instead of the laser dome, causing the avalanche convergence at the enemy positions, burying them under the rocks and separating from the main valley.

Edited by Teloch

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

Ryoko's reoccurrence and the fact he missed fragments of the conference made at least two participants idle in embarrassed silence. Seems like they weren't particularly glad about being ignored. Thankfully, a new participant popped out and tickled a "triggering" topic

"That half-grilled adder Hebert should not know that I'll issue an alternative group recognitions mode upon return. Some additional work - even if needless - and possible punishment might fix her attitude a bit. Or serve as an example for others"

The intel on corpus activity made Wu chuckle creepily.

She turned the camera away from her, revealing a scene of a severely damaged by bombardment industrial landscape, furnished with heaps of crewman corpses and piles of heavy proxy fragments scattered all around. Some tenno were finishing off the rare corpus survivors, distributing control shots. Others were disassembling the new kind of proxies for spare parts. One Octavia was dancing her twirly dance with a rifle atop of a destroyed "Condor" carrier on such a background, adding some creepy undertones to already gruesome scene. It seems like there was some serious fighting around, and now the ancient wartime pilfering trophies claiming rite was taking place. 

"Make conclusions yourself"

She turned the camera back

"The pseudo-orokin recursion is what should be addressed firsthand. It might be a sleeping cell going active, a clandestine group growing fat, or, what would be less possible, an invasion from without, which would mean a D-day for the whole system.

Also, do remind me of why should we give the slightest damn about the issues of your jesuit friend?"

"By all means." Ryoko says. "Ignore the development of tech that could prove just as deadly as the Sentient, or more if THEY happen to get their hands on it. Ignore the hundreds of your allies that will perish if the Razorbacks reach those relays. Ignore the fact that your self-styled reputation as the protectors of the Origin system will be proven false if you fail to respond to any of these threats."

Dirge clears his throat and Ryoko shakes his head.

"Forgive my bluntness." He says. "But these psuedo-Orokin vagabonds just attempted, rather poorly, to take my life, and failing that now besiege my tower, diverting essential resources from important operations."

He displays an image of a massive corpus fleet, including ten Obelisk class dreadnoughts on a collision course with the Kronia Relay.

"Nef Anyo has raised a night unstoppable fleet to assault the relays." He says. "If we lose those, then we revert to the days when it was Tenno vs the world, limited to small scale raids. And yes, even you will be affected."

He displays the new Ambulas proxy.

"Frohd Bek intends to release these proxies across the system, linked to a central learning hub. Any encountered will transmit data about wins and losses to the central hub, improving the effectiveness of all proxies. You and I both know the only other group to field this technology."

He displays the strange sigil found on the aforementioned vagabonds. 

"And last, but not least is this strange group." He says. "On whom we have no data, whose objectives are shrouded in mystery and whose numbers are unknown. They are the greatest risk, but the least pressing threat. The relays contain records, information on the Old World that may give us clues to their origins. But those records are lost if we lose those relays."

He folds his hands.

"A coordinated strike against the approaching fleet would slow it, but not stop it." He says. "However it could buy time to take out the Razorbacks, and deprive the Corpus of troops for their invasion. Two clans have already agreed to field what ships they can spare. Your aid would be appreciated. I will contribute what I can once these interlopers are dealt with. My technicians are working to access the records left by this group after their attempted cyber-attack, and are interrogating two prisoners with information pertinent to current events. We will update your clan as we find out more."

13 hours ago, Teloch said:

Perhaps he would've joked about assassination attempt, but 1) ever since his early tenno days in the bloodbath of Mars, this planet was getting on his nerves badly 2) this pr!ck was an unforeseen interruption 3) this pr!ck was diverting his attention from liberating the person he missed and frantically searched for years, which made him mute in the swiftly growing anger.

Sig swiftly hopped from the cliff in the direction of rendezvous point, swapping his LMG's magazine for the one with magnetic munitions in the air, began to raise up huge clouds of sand in the air via force waves, creating a wide and moving dust shroud that concealed him from being, and deployed the specter copying his own frame for additional tactical advantage. 

His heavy vessel dived down to the bombing altitude, dropping a deployment pod into the middle of the shroud the rhino was raising, proceeding to the approximate third party's location, and bombing the upper slope of the adjoining mountain instead of the laser dome, causing the avalanche convergence at the enemy positions, burying them under the rocks and separating from the main valley.

"We will engage the Assassin." Philip says. "Retrieve your ally, and we will provide assistance."

The shuttle appears again, firing at the vessel as it begins its bombing run, its rounds shredding through wings and armor to puncture the engines, forcing the vessel to veer from its bombing path, or be destroyed.

The corrupted swarm over the location, converting the remaining Grineer before turning their attention to the next largest group.

The Manticore troops dodge the tank shots and return fire, focusing on each of the tanks in turn, relying on the area explosions of their Grattlers to clear out the ground forces.

The Longsword also adds its fire to the mix, bombarding heavy armor locations.

Meanwhile the corrupted begin loading onto shuttles, one shuttle at a time as the others provide cover fire to divert attacks. It seems they have "harvested" what they've come for.

Edited by Rakawan

On 5/15/2017 at 7:32 AM, Yzjdriel said:

"Medic.  And it was no trouble."  He returned to his ship.

Scanners would detect an inbound ship, unknown class, approaching his at high velocity. A moment later two smaller contacts, each about a meter long, separate from it and race towards Richard's ship, sensors indicating a missile lock.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Scanners would detect an inbound ship, unknown class, approaching his at high velocity. A moment later two smaller contacts, each about a meter long, separate from it and race towards Richard's ship, sensors indicating a missile lock.

Richard ignored the warning, knowing Ordis had it well in hand.

Indeed, the missiles hadn't made it even halfway when a pair of smaller, faster missiles obliterated them, Richard's Orbiter decloaking just long enough for his Liset to dock with it.  A moment later, his Orbiter had locked target on the inbound ship and slipped back into the Void, waiting for it to either leave or show that it could still see him, or was at least still intent on killing him.

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard ignored the warning, knowing Ordis had it well in hand.

Indeed, the missiles hadn't made it even halfway when a pair of smaller, faster missiles obliterated them, Richard's Orbiter decloaking just long enough for his Liset to dock with it.  A moment later, his Orbiter had locked target on the inbound ship and slipped back into the Void, waiting for it to either leave or show that it could still see him, or was at least still intent on killing him.

The missile cruiser closes in further, firing a large salvo of missiles this time, several equipped with their own countermeasures. It is apparent they can still see you, and have redouble their efforts.

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The missile cruiser closes in further, firing a large salvo of missiles this time, several equipped with their own countermeasures. It is apparent they can still see you, and have redouble their efforts.

Richard smiled.  "Excellent.  Execute Dagwood Protocol."  Immediately his Orbiter spat a sea of glittering shards of metal at the missiles to disrupt their sensors and disappeared into the fold.

He wasn't gone long, though.  Reappearing on the other side of the vessel, the front of his Orbiter opened to reveal the long, wide barrel of an Obelisk laser.  At the speed the other ship was traveling, it reached the second cloud of material his Orbiter had launched into space before moving - a thick, brown substance in magnetic containers that broke open upon contact with the ship...

The laser spat fire, and the plastique took care of the rest.  Whoever was on board that ship before it was blasted to thousands of pieces would have barely had any time to react before the explosions hit them.

The few missiles  that hadn't either been fooled by the metallic cloud or destroyed in the explosion had turned to come at him again, but were swiftly dispatched by a battery of lesser lasers.

His message to Ryoko was short and to-the-point: There was an Orokin capital ship after me.  Emphasis on was.  Situation? Ordis had completed his analysis of the ship's design before it had opened fire.  That still didn't explain how or why an Orokin vessel had survived to this time, much less begun firing at him.

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard smiled.  "Excellent.  Execute Dagwood Protocol."  Immediately his Orbiter spat a sea of glittering shards of metal at the missiles to disrupt their sensors and disappeared into the fold.

He wasn't gone long, though.  Reappearing on the other side of the vessel, the front of his Orbiter opened to reveal the long, wide barrel of an Obelisk laser.  At the speed the other ship was traveling, it reached the second cloud of material his Orbiter had launched into space before moving - a thick, brown substance in magnetic containers that broke open upon contact with the ship...

The laser spat fire, and the plastique took care of the rest.  Whoever was on board that ship before it was blasted to thousands of pieces would have barely had any time to react before the explosions hit them.

The few missiles  that hadn't either been fooled by the metallic cloud or destroyed in the explosion had turned to come at him again, but were swiftly dispatched by a battery of lesser lasers.

His message to Ryoko was short and to-the-point: There was an Orokin capital ship after me.  Emphasis on was.  Situation? Ordis had completed his analysis of the ship's design before it had opened fire.  That still didn't explain how or why an Orokin vessel had survived to this time, much less begun firing at him.

As the enemy cruiser is rendered into floating scrap, Dirge contacts you.

"We have a situation at the Relays." He says, "I have already dispatched operatives to Kronia and Larunda. Someone is planning an attack and we suspect an inside job. Your assistance would be appreciated at Orcus.""

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

As the enemy cruiser is rendered into floating scrap, Dirge contacts you.

"We have a situation at the Relays." He says, "I have already dispatched operatives to Kronia and Larunda. Someone is planning an attack and we suspect an inside job. Your assistance would be appreciated at Orcus.""

"I'll be there in ten seconds."  Ordis had made the fold almost before Dirge had finished the word 'Someone'.

Dark Tries to digatize them.

You do not have line of sight to the trapped workers. You will need to enter the segment to find them.

Oxygen levels are at critical. The workers have only a few minutes at most.

"Im sorry i Can't find a way."

The Oxygen levels expire. The workers have only a minute or two until they die of asphyxiation. The airlock sits torn open like you left it.