The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 hours ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

Dark sighs. "So how do you think my rep will be?"

"Well the I'd keep an eye out for any memos from the Archons." Seven says. "I've heard you made quite an impression on them."

1 hour ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"Hmm maybe i could be a seraph."  "shot Please." 

Seven pours a shot.

"Put that one on my tab and double it." A gruff voice says. The owner of the voice is a bear of a man, with arms like tree trunks. He is clad in a custom suit of Archon armor.

"Seraphs don't get to have as much fun as we do." He says. "They're mostly medical. Those spears of theirs are a pain to wield on open combat."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Seven pours a shot.

"Put that one on my tab and double it." A gruff voice says. The owner of the voice is a bear of a man, with arms like tree trunks. He is clad in a custom suit of Archon armor.

"Seraphs don't get to have as much fun as we do." He says. "They're mostly medical. Those spears of theirs are a pain to wield on open combat."

"Well i liked the flight tech." Dark drinks his shot.

"Well i liked the flight tech." Dark drinks his shot.

"You'd like the airborne corp, then." The man says. "New division, looking for recruits.We're re-purposing the Archon systems into armor provided by the WTC."

He downs his shot and holds out his hand.

"Bill." He says. "Archon commander."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"You'd like the airborne corp, then." The man says. "New division, looking for recruits.We're re-purposing the Archon systems into armor provided by the WTC."

He downs his shot and holds out his hand.

"Bill." He says. "Archon commander."

Dark grins and shakes his hand. "So archon units with flight?"

Dark grins and shakes his hand. "So archon units with flight?"

Bill grins back.

"Well why should the Tenno and medics have all the fun?" He says. "I was actually just on my way to oversee a training exercise. You're welcome to tag along."

"Haha sure."

He leads you to a teleport pad and enters a special code, blocking the keypad with his other hand.

The teleporter deposits you in the middle of a military camp. There are two Seraphs watching a bunch of figures on a field. Both are smirking.

"Alright." One says. "Fifty credits says the first one off the ground crashes."

"I'll take it." The second says.

"Oi, birdbrains." Bill says. "You louts better not be mocking my troops."

Both salute.

"Sir no sir." One says. "Just a friendly wager of course."

The Archons on the field have armor that is simpler than what Bill wears. Their armor has no visible movement assist servos and instead features armored plates on their arms, chests, and shins. There is also a set of metal wings that fan out behind each, with the jets of flame looking like little feathers. There are three empty suits on a rack.

"Pick one, and get suited." Bill says. "And don't worry, everyone else is new to this as well."

He leads you to a teleport pad and enters a special code, blocking the keypad with his other hand.

The teleporter deposits you in the middle of a military camp. There are two Seraphs watching a bunch of figures on a field. Both are smirking.

"Alright." One says. "Fifty credits says the first one off the ground crashes."

"I'll take it." The second says.

"Oi, birdbrains." Bill says. "You louts better not be mocking my troops."

Both salute.

"Sir no sir." One says. "Just a friendly wager of course."

The Archons on the field have armor that is simpler than what Bill wears. Their armor has no visible movement assist servos and instead features armored plates on their arms, chests, and shins. There is also a set of metal wings that fan out behind each, with the jets of flame looking like little feathers. There are three empty suits on a rack.

"Pick one, and get suited." Bill says. "And don't worry, everyone else is new to this as well."

Dark puts one on.

Dark puts one on.

The wings spread remain closed. A program on the HUD highlights various features and controls on the suit. There are buttons on a control outcropping near the thumb. One on the left hand opens the wings, and the other closes them. The one on the right activates thrusters and the other one locks the altitutude.

There are thrusters on the legs, behind the ankle, that help maneuver, as well as three on the back to stabilize.

The suit contains a weapon link to an Angstrum, and a Lanka. 

"Weapons will be locked for the first exercise." Bill says. "Take some time to get used to the controls."

The wings spread remain closed. A program on the HUD highlights various features and controls on the suit. There are buttons on a control outcropping near the thumb. One on the left hand opens the wings, and the other closes them. The one on the right activates thrusters and the other one locks the altitutude.

There are thrusters on the legs, behind the ankle, that help maneuver, as well as three on the back to stabilize.

The suit contains a weapon link to an Angstrum, and a Lanka. 

"Weapons will be locked for the first exercise." Bill says. "Take some time to get used to the controls."

Dark opens the wings activates the thrusters and keeps it halfway to the roof.

Dark opens the wings activates the thrusters and keeps it halfway to the roof.

((I should clarify this is outside.))

The wings keep you aloft, but the slightest movement of your feet causes you to tilt side to side as the thrusters there activate. There are pedals inside the boots to control the ankle thrusters once active. 

Dark flys around. "hahahaha."

Your movements are far from graceful, but you seem to have a better grasp on it than most.

"A few more minutes and I'll release a few training drones." Bill says. "We'll do this one at a time."

Dark flys more getting used to it.

There is only one other person who seems to have the hang of it like you do. A woman with long blonde hair, who is doing loops with quick, graceful motions. Even though her weapons are locked she is balancing them in her hand and looking down the sights as if adjusting to the motions.

There is only one other person who seems to have the hang of it like you do. A woman with long blonde hair, who is doing loops with quick, graceful motions. Even though her weapons are locked she is balancing them in her hand and looking down the sights as if adjusting to the motions.

Dark starts doing more graceful movments and starts doing what she does with the weapons. "Impressive."  

Dark starts doing more graceful movments and starts doing what she does with the weapons. "Impressive."  

"Alright." Bill says. "Power down and form a line."

An Archon brings several crates out onto the field.

Dark lands graceful and folds his armor wings.

The woman and one other recruit end up in front of you. 

"We'll release the drones." Bill says. "Shoot down as many as you can before they tag you, three times." 

The first recruit jumps up into the air as the drones launch...

Only to cartwheel sideways and slam into the ground as he tries to turn to fast.

Just now, Rakawan said:

The woman and one other recruit end up in front of you. 

"We'll release the drones." Bill says. "Shoot down as many as you can before they tag you, three times." 

The first recruit jumps up into the air as the drones launch...

Only to cartwheel sideways and slam into the ground as he tries to turn to fast.

Dark flys up taking evasive movments popping rounds into them avoiding their shots taking 9 out quickly.  

Dark flys up taking evasive movments popping rounds into them avoiding their shots taking 9 out quickly.  

((1. It's not his turn. 2. That isn't how you phrase an attempt.))

The woman takes off next, flying up in the middle of all the drones. She opens with a spread from the Angstrum, the rockets taking out three right off the bat. Two of the drones unfold their wings and engage her, while four shield drones boost their defenses. 

Just now, Rakawan said:

((1. It's not his turn. 2. That isn't how you phrase an attempt.))

The woman takes off next, flying up in the middle of all the drones. She opens with a spread from the Angstrum, the rockets taking out three right off the bat. Two of the drones unfold their wings and engage her, while four shield drones boost their defenses. 

Dark waits for his turn.