The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

The close range made sweeping combos less viable, but it also opened up a swathe of sharper, controlled movements.  The glaive was once again blocked by the flat of the large blade, and Richard channeled energy into his weapon at the moment of impact, which pushed energy into the disc as well.  The explosion allowed him to slide backward and away from the other Banshee and reassess.  Now standing in the middle of the room, he took a step backward into the Rift.

The energy feedback destabilizes the glaive, causing it to explode when the Banshee reclaims it. She collapses to her knees, her frames lights going dark. Scans reveal all systems are disabled.

The other Banshee skids to a halt in her charge and raises her fang to block, also channeling energy.

Edited by Rakawan

7 hours ago, Deathstar699 said:

*Treya inhabiting a blood red mirage was on the solar rail to Phoenix, she was carrying an absurd amount of feildrons in a box next to her and had her amprex strapped to the warframes back* "Boy this is a weird place to meet some corpus defectee for some feildrons but hey it looks pretty so why not." *She said to herself as the solar rail reached the station*

((No need for asterisks.))

"Rail traffic to Phenix is now restricted." The rail operator says. "Those wishing to travel for business must now use approved shuttles."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The energy feedback destabilizes the glaive, causing it to explode when the Banshee reclaims it.

The other Banshee skids to a halt in her charge and raises her fang to block, also channeling energy.

"Now then," Richard said curiously, "I don't suppose you're going to tell me who sent you after me?"

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The air inside the building is crisp and clean, likely scrubbed by internal systems.

The bundle with your name on it contains a uniform, instructions for off-duty use of uniform, and a strange disk. Upon examining your armor and the disk you find that it fits into a slot on your back. The instructions with it state that it will adapt the paint scheme of the armor to fit forest camouflage specifications.

Dark looks at the uniform and uniform instructions. 

"Now then," Richard said curiously, "I don't suppose you're going to tell me who sent you after me?"

"You'll meet him shortly." She says. "He is very interested in meeting you."

She inches forwards, daggers raised.

1 hour ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

Dark looks at the uniform and uniform instructions. 

The uniform is similar to old earth marine dress blues. The colors are a dark olive green, instead of blue, and feature the archon insignia on the right shoulder. The left shoulder features a stylized gray hawk on the other shoulder. 

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The uniform is similar to old earth marine dress blues. The colors are a dark olive green, instead of blue, and feature the archon insignia on the right shoulder. The left shoulder features a stylized gray hawk on the other shoulder. 

"Nice," he goes to his room looks around and puts his uniform on.

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You'll meet him shortly." She says. "He is very interested in meeting you."

She inches forwards, daggers raised.

"I must admit, I'm not too keen on meeting him.  Now, I can stay here forever, so I suggest you stop wasting everyone's time and bugger off to wherever it is you came from."

"I must admit, I'm not too keen on meeting him.  Now, I can stay here forever, so I suggest you stop wasting everyone's time and bugger off to wherever it is you came from."

Ordis receives a message, it appears to be someone trying to open a live channel to Richard.

1 hour ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"Nice," he goes to his room looks around and puts his uniform on.

The uniform fits you perfectly. The room is very spartan, and has no decorations. There is an armory module in the closet that is intended to hold your Ironhawk flight suit.

Edited by Rakawan

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The uniform fits you perfectly. The room is very spartan, and has no decorations. There is a armory module in the closet that is intended to hold your Ironhawk flight suit.

he puts his armor up and the lays down on his bed. "I hope i do good." He thinks.

Edited by (PS4)gamegod-2002

Richard opened it with a shrug.

There is a figure cloaked in shadow, a teacup visible on the table before it. You can see the outline of the figure, but cannot discern any features.

"I have been looking forward to meeting you." The figure says, from his voice you can guess his age is around yours. "I am Faron, Warlord of the Therian Collective."

He grabs the teacup,

"Artemis withdraw." He commands.

"But Artemis can kill him." She insists.

"I said withdraw." Faron commands. "You have delayed him long enough."

She throws a smokebomb at her feet and disappears.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

There is a figure cloaked in shadow, a teacup visible on the table before it. You can see the outline of the figure, but cannot discern any features.

"I have been looking forward to meeting you." The figure says, from his voice you can guess his age is around yours. "I am Faron, Warlord of the Therian Collective."

He grabs the teacup,

"Artemis withdraw." He commands.

"But Artemis can kill him." She insists.

"I said withdraw." Faron commands. "You have delayed him long enough."

She throws a smokebomb at her feet and disappears.

"She actually believes she could have killed me when I'm not even here?  I have to say, I'm not exactly impressed with your henchmen, fair one."

"She actually believes she could have killed me when I'm not even here?  I have to say, I'm not exactly impressed with your henchmen, fair one."

"She was never the smart one." Faron says. "But she has served her purpose."

He taps a button on the table before him.

"I've heard about you." He says. "You like to save people. Innocent people. I thought I'd help you with that."

Six images appear, the door to each of the syndicate rooms. Your experience with explosives allows you to recognize the massive boring charges placed on each door.

"You'll notice that each door has a bit of... decoration on it." He says. "The rules are simple. I will allow you to save one syndicate of your choice."

He takes a sip, then places the cup  on the table.

"Simply approach the door of the group you wish to save, and I will disable the proximity trigger, and detonate the other five." He says. "I should mention that the proximity trigger does react to void energy, so invisibility and rift walk won't help you. Nor will finding some way to kill me, as the triggers are also linked to my vitals. I go unconcious: doors go boom. I die: doors go boom. I press a button: doors go boom. And, of course, if you do nothing: doors go boom."

He clasps his hands on the table.

"You have three minutes." He says. "I can't wait to see what you choose."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"She was never the smart one." Faron says. "But she has served her purpose."

He taps a button on the table before him.

"I've heard about you." He says. "You like to save people. Innocent people. I thought I'd help you with that."

Six images appear, the door to each of the syndicate rooms. Your experience with explosives allows you to recognize the massive boring charges placed on each door.

"You'll notice that each door has a bit of... decoration on it." He says. "The rules are simple. I will allow you to save one syndicate of your choice."

He takes a sip, then places the cup  on the table.

"Simply approach the door of the group you wish to save, and I will disable the proximity trigger, and detonate the other five." He says. "I should mention that the proximity trigger does react to void energy, so invisibility and rift walk won't help you. Nor will finding some way to kill me, as the triggers are also linked to my vitals. I go unconcious: doors go boom. I die: doors go boom. I press a button: doors go boom. And, of course, if you do nothing: doors go boom."

He clasps his hands on the table.

"You have three minutes." He says. "I can't wait to see what you choose."

Richard wasted no time.  "Simaris, initiate lockdown procedure and prepare for close-proximity detonation."  Stepping out of the Rift, he opened a channel to all six Syndicate Enclaves and Tsun, he spoke quickly.  "Each of your rooms has a high-payload explosive device on it.  Any attempt to disable them will result in their detonation.  I can only stop one of them from going off.  Therefore.  I know that Suda has procedures in place for this, and she's likely been long gone from this Relay for ages anyhow.  I already know that Cressa isn't here, and she'd say that there are casualties in war anyhow, so I apologize to anyone who's still inside, but I don't have a lot of time."  Pulling out his Lex Prime, he shot the arrow that Artemis had left in the ceiling, and his Loki stood up again.  "Glast, it's time to test the transparency feature on your doors."

6 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard wasted no time.  "Simaris, initiate lockdown procedure and prepare for close-proximity detonation."  Stepping out of the Rift, he opened a channel to all six Syndicate Enclaves and Tsun, he spoke quickly.  "Each of your rooms has a high-payload explosive device on it.  Any attempt to disable them will result in their detonation.  I can only stop one of them from going off.  Therefore.  I know that Suda has procedures in place for this, and she's likely been long gone from this Relay for ages anyhow.  I already know that Cressa isn't here, and she'd say that there are casualties in war anyhow, so I apologize to anyone who's still inside, but I don't have a lot of time."  Pulling out his Lex Prime, he shot the arrow that Artemis had left in the ceiling, and his Loki stood up again.  "Glast, it's time to test the transparency feature on your doors."

((I will fix colors later.))

The inhabitants of the Veil room simply nod, open a series of hidden lockers, and begins trapping on strange bulbous vests and sharpening their knives. The Hexis troops bow, draw their blades, and assume a ready stance. 

The New Loka inhabitants are far less calm.

"Wait." One says. "You have to help us. You work for us."

Faron taps a button and his screen file with an image.

"How about some entertainment, while we wait." He says."This is New Loka site 112. A farm colony. This is the before image."

Another image of the same colony, buildings and people charred to ashes appears. 

"This was that site after they refused our generous offer of protection. All we asked was a portion, a pittance really, of their crop to feed our protection force."

Glast nods.

Edited by Rakawan

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

((I will fix colors later.))

The inhabitants of the Veil room simply nod, open a series of hidden lockers, and begin strapping on strange bulbous vests and sharpening their knives. The Hexis troops bow, draw their blades, and assume a ready stance. 

The New Loka inhabitants are far less calm.

"Wait," one says. "You have to help us. You work for us."

Faron taps a button and his screen file with an image.

"How about some entertainment, while we wait." He says."This is New Loka site 112. A farm colony. This is the before image."

Another image of the same colony, buildings and people charred to ashes appears. 

"This was that site after they refused our generous offer of protection. All we asked was a portion, a pittance really, of their crop to feed our protection force."

Glast nods.

Richard had already closed the channel to Faron.

"No one else will die today."  As the doors to Glast's board room slowly became translucent, Richard addressed the people still inside the Loka and Veil Enclaves.  "You should move to stand as close to the wall with Glast's board room as possible and shield yourselves from the door.  I don't know how big this is going to be."  Energy formed on his Limbo's hands as he moved to stand with a clear view into Glast's board room.  Meanwhile, his Loki moved to stand near the Hexis door.

"You have 50 seconds left."

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard had already closed the channel to Faron.

"No one else will die today."  As the doors to Glast's board room slowly became translucent, Richard addressed the people still inside the Loka and Veil Enclaves.  "You should move to stand as close to the wall with Glast's board room as possible and shield yourselves from the door.  I don't know how big this is going to be."  Energy formed on his Limbo's hands as he moved to stand with a clear view into Glast's board room.  Meanwhile, his Loki moved to stand near the Hexis door.

"You have 50 seconds left."

The Veil representatives tear off the bulky vests, which have begun to beep and blink, and toss them into a far corner, huddling against the wall. The New Loka operatives do the same, one dragging a friend to is simply staring at his hands, which hold a bag of suspiciously green powder.

The charge beeps and turns red, indicating it is now armed.

"Perrin?" Faron's voice asks over the speakers. "Odd, but not unexpected. Very well. Detonating charges in ten... nine..."

21 hours ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

he puts his armor up and the lays down on his bed. "I hope i do good." He thinks.

The Sentinel transitions to guardian mode, hovering near the door.

Do you

{Fall asleep}

or

{Explore the bunkhouse further}

10 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Veil representatives tear off the bulky vests, which have begun to beep and blink, and toss them into a far corner, huddling against the wall. The New Loka operatives do the same, one dragging a friend to is simply staring at his hands, which hold a bag of suspiciously green powder.

The charge beeps and turns red, indicating it is now armed.

"Perrin?" Faron's voice asks over the speakers. "Odd, but not unexpected. Very well. Detonating charges in ten... nine..."

Richard waited for three, then cast Cataclysm at the center of Glast's board room as his Loki stepped within range of the Hexis room's door.  The Cataclysm just barely covered an area about seven meters in size in each of the Loka and Veil Enclaves and completely covered all of the Perrin Enclave, with the exception of a two-meter space near the door.

Edited by Yzjdriel

5 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard waited for three, then Cast Cataclysm at the center of Glast's board room as his Loki stepped within range of the Hexis room's door.  The Cataclysm just barely covered an area about seven meters in size in each of the Loka and Veil Enclaves and completely covered all of the Perrin Enclave, with the exception of a two-meter space near the door.

"Eight, seven, six, five, four, three, boom!" Faron says. 

Both the Hexis and Meridian troops charge out of the wreckage of their doors, striking at the corrupted as their shields begin to fall to the nanites. Even the explosive on the Perrin door goes off, despite Faron's words.

"Why you sneaky little bugger." Faron says. "But you can't keep that up forever. Sooner or later it will shrink, and they will still turn. All I have to do is wait. And while I wait how about some music."

The sounds of gunfire come across the channel.

"Molly!" A man shouts. "Take the children and run. I'll hold..."

There is a burst of gunfire and a wet thump. The screams of a woman and several children echo out. Another burst of gunfire and several more thumping sounds, and the speakers go silent.

"Oops." Faron says. "That wasn't the music I was looking for. That was a personal recording from the raid. Ahh, here we go."

Soft instrumental music echoes out from the speakers. 

Edited by Rakawan