The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

On 8/2/2017 at 10:41 PM, 8009alpha said:

"So long as some one who isn't out to kill me understands it, I don't care if I understand it or not, so long as it helps."

"Just get your ritual done with." Tirion says. "We'll deal with whatever this Indifference summons, if it truly exists that is."

As the other Tenno stand around the circle you feel something shift in the world. A feeling of apprehension washes over you, but you can sense that it does not originate from your own mind. Something is unhappy. The five figures around the sigil begin chanting something, in a strange language. Golden void energy swirls between them, vanishing into the sigil.

"I signed up to keep the peace." Tirion says. "And instead I have to babysit a bunch of wannabe wizar....."

He falls silent gazing at something in front of the three of you. Outside the circle of Tenno something shadowy is rising from the ground. At first it seems to be no more than a small patch of smoke, but it rapidly begins to thicken and darken.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Just get your ritual done with." Tirion says. "We'll deal with whatever this Indifference summons, if it truly exists that is."

As the other Tenno stand around the circle you feel something shift in the world. A feeling of apprehension washes over you, but you can sense that it does not originate from your own mind. Something is unhappy. The five figures around the sigil begin chanting something, in a strange language. Golden void energy swirls between them, vanishing into the sigil.

"I signed up to keep the peace." Tirion says. "And instead I have to babysit a bunch of wannabe wizar....."

He falls silent gazing at something in front of the three of you. Outside the circle of Tenno something shadowy is rising from the ground. At first it seems to be no more than a small patch of smoke, but it rapidly begins to thicken and darken.

Forest looks twoards the shadow, casting iron skin, he aims his Tigris twoards it and flicks off the safety. "You just had to say something, didnt you?" He mumbles to Tirion. "I'd recommend getting into a focused state of mind here because we've got a job to do." Forest looks twoards war " got anything else to add like Mr. shiny over here or are you good with just keeping the people who know what the hell we are dealing with alive?"

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The second you remove it from the shelf a vaguely humanoid being made of shadow erupts from it, seizing you by the throat and lifting you.

"These secrets are not for you outsider." It says, tossing you into the bookcase behind you. Strangely the impact neither injures you nor dislodges any books. However your vision does darken, as if someone suddenly dropped a blindfold over your eyes. The book snaps itself shut and flies back onto the shelf.

Someone pulls you to your feet.

"Sorry about that." A familiar voice says. "For the life of me I don't know why he put that in the public section. I think he just gets a laugh out of seeing how many people think they can find out his secrets. Just remain calm, the blindness should fade in a moment."

Fell turned his head to the voice, even blindsided he had a decent idea of his surroundings still. He actually was used to navigating areas that were dark. "Great joke indeed, who're you anyway?" 

On Thursday, August 03, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Rakawan said:

Closer inspection reveals the credit chip is worth 350k credits. 

"Wraiths used to be Tenno Council special forces." The clerk says. "Stands to reason they'd have stuff to affect Tenno."

"Huh, interesting, well I dont see why he needed to be so shady about the transaction, none the less I should go find a place to stay at least for a short rotation." She said inspecting the voucher.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:40 PM, 8009alpha said:

Forest looks twoards the shadow, casting iron skin, he aims his Tigris twoards it and flicks off the safety. "You just had to say something, didnt you?" He mumbles to Tirion. "I'd recommend getting into a focused state of mind here because we've got a job to do." Forest looks twoards war " got anything else to add like Mr. shiny over here or are you good with just keeping the people who know what the hell we are dealing with alive?"

War unsheathes his twin blades. It seems he is not one for conversation. 

Another shadowy figure rises from the ground, staring at the Tenno behind you. More and more appear. They seem curious about what is happening, but make no hostile moves.

On 8/10/2017 at 6:48 AM, Deathstar699 said:

"Huh, interesting, well I dont see why he needed to be so shady about the transaction, none the less I should go find a place to stay at least for a short rotation." She said inspecting the voucher.

The voucher seems more like advertising, showcasing the luxury hotels spa, massage parlor, and exrecise facilities. From what you can gather it recently opened. The voucher does, as typical vouchers do, cover all costs of a two day stay at the hotel. 

The building shown is of Orokin model, but likely not crafted by actual Orokin workers, with bits of Tenno design as decoration. 

On 8/7/2017 at 9:03 AM, kyrozon said:

Fell turned his head to the voice, even blindsided he had a decent idea of his surroundings still. He actually was used to navigating areas that were dark. "Great joke indeed, who're you anyway?" 

"My name is Samuel." The person says. "I never got the chance to tell you after we got transported into that desert. I'm surprised you didn't recognize my voice."

It is the voice of the Neophyte who aided you last time you were here. 

A severely damaged Magus-patterned shadow blue and silver Scimitar approached the rail. There was only one working engine and the left wing was completely gone, cleanly cut from the space bird. It was likely that the pilot was caught unaware, given that the damage appears to focused primarily on the back of the ship.

From the Scimitar came a weak open-channel message requesting assistance. 

Edited by Aexic

14 hours ago, Aexic said:

A severely damaged Magus-patterned shadow blue and silver Scimitar approached the rail. There was only one working engine and the left wing was completely gone, cleanly cut from the space bird. It was likely that the pilot was caught unaware, given that the damage appears to focused primarily on the back of the ship.

From the Scimitar came a weak open-channel message requesting assistance. 

The rail sends a confirmation message and a moment later a Vauban with a toll belt rockets over in an Amesha Archwing. He is not alone, however. Two Excaliburs in Elytron Archwings watch from a distance, their Velocitus rifles trained on the craft. Something has everyone on edge.

The Vauban places a small disk on the craft, opening a contact channel.

"First things first." He says. "Is whatever did this still following you?"

52 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The rail sends a confirmation message and a moment later a Vauban with a toll belt rockets over in an Amesha Archwing. He is not alone, however. Two Excaliburs in Elytron Archwings watch from a distance, their Velocitus rifles trained on the craft. Something has everyone on edge.

The Vauban places a small disk on the craft, opening a contact channel.

"First things first." He says. "Is whatever did this still following you?"

For a time, all was quiet. Until finally a response slowly came from within. A weak feminine voice, at almost a whisper, said "No."

On 8/15/2017 at 3:54 PM, Rakawan said:

"My name is Samuel." The person says. "I never got the chance to tell you after we got transported into that desert. I'm surprised you didn't recognize my voice."

It is the voice of the Neophyte who aided you last time you were here. 

"A lot has happened since last time we met." Fell shortly replies as he got on his feet. "How've things been here since I left? Heard the Keepers are up to some virtues pursuits." 

On 8/15/2017 at 9:50 AM, Rakawan said:

War unsheathes his twin blades. It seems he is not one for conversation. 

Another shadowy figure rises from the ground, staring at the Tenno behind you. More and more appear. They seem curious about what is happening, but make no hostile moves.

"I'd advise not to attack just yet, let's see if the are hostile before we make them hostile" Forest says to the others while keeping his weapon trained on the now multiple shadowy figures. 

On 8/17/2017 at 1:20 PM, 8009alpha said:

"I'd advise not to attack just yet, let's see if the are hostile before we make them hostile" Forest says to the others while keeping his weapon trained on the now multiple shadowy figures. 

The number of figures grows steadily. They now outnumber you seven to one, and there is no indication of what abilities they possess.

The first one to form tilts its head as the ritual progresses. Its stance shifts from curious, to concerned, and then to agitated. It throws back its head, letting out a screech, light blazing from where eyes and a mouth would be, and the figures charge at the Tenno behind you.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The number of figures grows steadily. They now outnumber you seven to one, and there is no indication of what abilities they possess.

The first one to form tilts its head as the ritual progresses. Its stance shifts from curious, to concerned, and then to agitated. It throws back its head, letting out a screech, light blazing from where eyes and a mouth would be, and the figures charge at the Tenno behind you.

"Crap" Forrest mumbles to himself, before taking a knee and opening fire with his Tigris as fast as he can reload it. "The hell are these things!" he shouts to no one in particular.

Edited by 8009alpha

17 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"Crap" Forrest mumbles to himself, before taking a knee and opening fire with his Tigris as fast as he can reload it. "The hell are these things!" he shouts to no one in particular.

The three hit by the blast dissolve into shreds. The tattered remains creep along the ground, reforming into two more a few seconds later. 

War circles around to cover another angle, cutting down more of the figures with sweeping strikes. 

Tirion is the only one having marked success. His blade glows as he channels into it, the shadows he strikes evaporating, rather than reforming.

The chanting intensifies.

On 8/17/2017 at 1:03 PM, kyrozon said:

"A lot has happened since last time we met." Fell shortly replies as he got on his feet. "How've things been here since I left? Heard the Keepers are up to some virtues pursuits." 

"Well the order split into two groups." The Neophyte says. "One dedicated towards the shades who deserve rest, and another for those that need a more... contained approach."

You feel warm energy okay over your face and your vision begins to return.

The three hit by the blast dissolve into shreds. The tattered remains creep along the ground, reforming into two more a few seconds later. 

War circles around to cover another angle, cutting down more of the figures with sweeping strikes. 

Tirion is the only one having marked success. His blade glows as he channels into it, the shadows he strikes evaporating, rather than reforming.

The chanting intensifies.

Looking toward tirion Forrest grumble " hope this works" to himself before charging forward, stoping just before the shades he lets loose a thundering roar, unleashing a wave of void energy, empowering War and Tirion with the aggressive energy. Forrest rears his left leg up, before bringing it down into an earth shattering and time rending stomp, unleashing yet another enormous wave of void energy and fragments from the ground. He draws his sword and sets himself into the opening stance of the rending crane.

On 8/19/2017 at 0:51 PM, 8009alpha said:

Looking toward tirion Forrest grumble " hope this works" to himself before charging forward, stoping just before the shades he lets loose a thundering roar, unleashing a wave of void energy, empowering War and Tirion with the aggressive energy. Forrest rears his left leg up, before bringing it down into an earth shattering and time rending stomp, unleashing yet another enormous wave of void energy and fragments from the ground. He draws his sword and sets himself into the opening stance of the rending crane.

The stomp throws the figures into the air, the sheer force destroying two of them. This seems to have the side effect of rendering them unable to reform. The weapons you empowered cleave through the shadows, and these two remain destroyed. It appears void energy is the only way to ensure they stay down. 

The chanting grows louder and light flashes from each thurible as they swing. The sigil is glowing so bright that it seems to be daytime. The dark skies above, however, dispel that illusion.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The stomp throws the figures into the air, the sheer force destroying two of them. This seems to have the side effect of rendering them unable to reform. The weapons you empowered cleave through the shadows, and these two remain destroyed. It appears void energy is the only way to ensure they stay down. 

The chanting grows louder and light flashes from each thurible as they swing. The sigil is glowing so bright that it seems to be daytime. The dark skies above, however, dispel that illusion.

Forrest breaths in before lashing out in a wide arcing swing with his void energy infused galatine, leaving a glowing trail of dark blue energy in its wake. Jumping slightly forward into the mass of shades, he swings his sword in a circle entirely around him, cutting as big a swath in their numbers as he can reach. Noticing the steadily growing light behind him, he makes a dash back towards the the circle. Once he reaches halfway between the rest of the shades, and those in the circle he turns back towards the shades, holding the hilt of the galatine he plants the blade, tip first, into the ground slightly, releasing a small shockwave of void energy outwards toward the andvancing shadows.

20 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

Forrest breaths in before lashing out in a wide arcing swing with his void energy infused galatine, leaving a glowing trail of dark blue energy in its wake. Jumping slightly forward into the mass of shades, he swings his sword in a circle entirely around him, cutting as big a swath in their numbers as he can reach. Noticing the steadily growing light behind him, he makes a dash back towards the the circle. Once he reaches halfway between the rest of the shades, and those in the circle he turns back towards the shades, holding the hilt of the galatine he plants the blade, tip first, into the ground slightly, releasing a small shockwave of void energy outwards toward the andvancing shadows.

The void energy tears through them, but more form and continue charging. Whatever is behind them seems to be growing desperate.

On 8/16/2017 at 1:47 PM, Aexic said:

For a time, all was quiet. Until finally a response slowly came from within. A weak feminine voice, at almost a whisper, said "No."

"All right." The Vauban says. "Just remain calm. we are going to tow you back to the rail so we can safely open up the ship."

A light cruiser begins to lumber over.

The void energy tears through them, but more form and continue charging. Whatever is behind them seems to be growing desperate.

Going into a small, almost trance like state, Forrest gathers himself before rearing up his left leg, he begins to gather as much void energy as some who has left the void, twisted but not broken, can. He waits for the shades to get closer to him, all the time gathering more and more energy, when they are almost right on top of him, he unleashes one last roar of defiance, taking all of his amassed void energy, and unleashes it into one mighty and earth rending stomp. The moment his foot hits the ground an enormous tidal wave of ethereal blue energy rages out from where his foot strikes the ground. The moment after the energy is released though Forrest immediately drops to a knee, almost lifelessly, using his blade as a support.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:55 PM, Rakawan said:

"Well the order split into two groups." The Neophyte says. "One dedicated towards the shades who deserve rest, and another for those that need a more... contained approach."

You feel warm energy okay over your face and your vision begins to return.

"So some shades turned to choas causers?" Fell asked, blinking as his vision was regained. He didn't remember the lights being this bright.

19 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

Going into a small, almost trance like state, Forrest gathers himself before rearing up his left leg, he begins to gather as much void energy as some who has left the void, twisted but not broken, can. He waits for the shades to get closer to him, all the time gathering more and more energy, when they are almost right on top of him, he unleashes one last roar of defiance, taking all of his amassed void energy, and unleashes it into one mighty and earth rending stomp. The moment his foot hits the ground an enormous tidal wave of ethereal blue energy rages out from where his foot strikes the ground. The moment after the energy is released though Forrest immediately drops to a knee, almost lifelessly, using his blade as a support.

The smoke-like fog that has crept over the courtyard dissipates before the blast, as do the multitude of shades inside, providing the defenders with a moment of peace. The chanting changes and the courtyard glows with light, a dome of energy surrounding the defenders and ritualists. The shades throw themselves at it, causing it to shrink slightly with each attack. The ritual seems to be nearing completion, but both Tirion and War seem to be as worn out as you are. 

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The smoke-like fog that has crept over the courtyard dissipates before the blast, as do the multitude of shades inside, providing the defenders with a moment of peace. The chanting changes and the courtyard glows with light, a dome of energy surrounding the defenders and ritualists. The shades throw themselves at it, causing it to shrink slightly with each attack. The ritual seems to be nearing completion, but both Tirion and War seem to be as worn out as you are. 

"alright" forrest grumbles to himself as he slowly tries to force himself to stand up. "How you two holding up" he comments to Tirion and War as he, by some miracle, manages to force his body to stand whilst still using the sword as a support.