Synergy [OOC, rules, questions, and miscellany]

Yzjdriel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

<__<

>__>

'Tis November.

Why no one woke me up when September ended? WHY I ASK THEE?!

*ahem*

I have some time to commit to the sin of slackery. Gimme some quotes, unless you wanna me to dig the thread.

Well we need to determine what heppens with the conversation to Lua, aka Ryoko talking to Theresa and Wukong about helping with the Remnant invasion.

And whether or not WTC helped retake the relays.

For your personal quest you will need to dig.

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

<__<

>__>

'Tis November.

Why no one woke me up when September ended? WHY I ASK THEE?!

*ahem*

I have some time to commit to the sin of slackery. Gimme some quotes, unless you wanna me to dig the thread.

Ryoko’s tower is under attack so that could prove a chance for Bloom to hop on, or another officer and offer some assistance.

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

*sigh*

Now, where did I put it?

Hmm...

Oh, here it is

Hide contents

8fd942465c94bf44fee71088b41366be--shovel

Ballas voice fades in...

Dead and buried. The old ways are all that is left to us now.

Once obselete, weighed down by our advancements, they have become our only hope.

We must DIG into the past if we are to triumph.

We must UNEARTH ancient traditions if we are to survive. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, the tool of our Salvation.

Shovel Prime.

Edited by Rakawan

On 9/9/2017 at 4:25 PM, Rakawan said:

Teloch's Greatsword.

Hide contents

Effects unknown, implied to more effectively channel focus energy.

Named Bellona (the blatant reference). The crystalline flamberge that is more of a perfect conduit and buffer between the void and the physics than a zweihander. It works on the madurai principle of external and internal gaze. And thus, besides being physically deadly and heavy (which demands high physical might) it requires nighly perfect mastery in the madurai way, and even more...

Spoiler

The external mechanics:
- amplifies physical damage and effects depending on the physical prowess of the wielder and allows them to bend and deliver physical harm in more complex ways (accelerated thursts, rending waves)
- amplifies elemental damage and effect and allows to bend them into many fiery forms. All elementally-based feats can be performed through it with great efficiency (starting from fire waves and fireballs, finishing with flashbangs)

The transmission:
- blocks and parries of physical and elemental assaults empower the physical and void-based might of the wielder for the following counters respectively.

The internal mechanics:
- can be used as a conduit to convert user's excessive void might into physical and vice-versa.
- the inertial berserker mechanics: either while being under heavy pressure or when wreaking unrestrained havoc and destruction, the blade invigorates the user both physically and elementally, but also imposes the serious risk of losing self-control to the afflictions that depend on user's mental characteristics (from the blind frenzy and violent trance to mental paralysis)

It is very heavy, it requires you to know the philosophy of destruction in-depth, and it constantly tests the boundaries of your will. It is not bound to Sig in the arcane way but was made specifically for him. Moreover, as any crystalline-based weapon, it is the vast ocean for storing memories, emotions, and other information. The wielder has some theories and "gut feelings" concerning it, some of which are outright superstitial, stating that "it became a sentient thing, born from the fury of the void and acting as it's foothold, feeding on rage, euphoria, and agony of the victims and the user" and that "it has a quite capricious (if not b!tchy), feminine-ish temper".

Edited by Teloch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So as you may have guessed The Lua events are leading to something. Originally I had planned it to be an end to the thread. However with how many people are interested and joining I have decided to keep it going.

The battle for Lua will mark the end of Arc 1. 

Arc 2. Will start a few days later, enough time for wounds to heal and soldiers to recover, and will feature separate storylines for each thread. Meridian: Fortress will return and each of the three threads will have its own overarching story and villain(s). 

Without spoiling too much there will be new systems involving politics and other more social events as well as fighting. 

Anyone who wants to join Arc 2 will be welcome to do so, and will be able to “start fresh” so to speak, as events from Arc one will become backstory for new events.

Returning characters are also welcome. If you have an established character I encourage you to keep them going.

Edited by Rakawan

Which thread where you looking to join first.?Character can freely transfer between them.

Verdant Refuge and Haunted Expanse are more Hub Worlds.

Virulent Orbit is a Tenno/Corpus/I rested power struggle.

Roaming Fortress and Radiant Secrets are both combat oriented hubs.