[DE]Rebecca

Dev Works Part 5: 'Speedy' Update!

Rolling to remove speed buff is bad idea. I already suffer with limbo - I cant use roll if I want to stay in rift. Same with speed. I use roll a lot in capture speedruns.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RahuHordika said:

I'm still not sold on the pickup thing for Speed, it can be very difficult for teammates to get it due to unpredictable positioning in most groups.

It should be applied to all teammates like before but offer a prompt to disable speed (like the X key) so those that do not want to buff will not use it. To those suggesting a roll to remove, utilizing a basic movement feature to disable a movement buff is a terrible idea, especially because it is extremely easy to accidentaly perform it.

Indeed...Agree.  By the way when is 18.14 Update coming out?  Today?  I need a new weapon  :P.  Anyways thanks DE for all the hard work you guys do.

Ok, recasting speed is useful for sure. But after extensive testing, I will say that people I played with, almost never pick up the speed buff, because its too inconvenient or visually unnoticeable while playing. So what Im trying to say is that the speed changes dont matter as long as you keep that pickup feature.

• Upvote 7

thanks but still booring :D sorry

i'm waiting for U19 ! :D

Good. But Discharge still needs fixes. Its cc is useless against non armored targets because of hp cap, enemies just break from it in seconds no matter what duration you have. Modding for power strength won't help you too, because besides hp caps it also will increse your damage.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, -Tsuri- said:

i like it :)

"WarCry" is a diff. thing.... its boost your attack-speed but not your movement... and Volt's-speed-thing, disturbs my movement-timing a lot sometimes

I know, but that's not my point. Because people whined about going to fast, they implemented this... thing. I have no problem with it though. It's just the way it works that annoys me. They could do something similar to Limbo. It's easy and convenient. I guess they just don't listen to us at all. 

34 minutes ago, Trinkvo said:

Rolling to remove speed buff is bad idea. I already suffer with limbo - I cant use roll if I want to stay in rift. Same with speed. I use roll a lot in capture speedruns.

How about backflips? It was mentioned earlier in this thread. 

• Upvote 1

No changes to Discharge at all? Or even the riot shield? 

Can we add a hud waypoint to the speed coil pretty please?

Edited by armedpoop

On 6/9/2016 at 1:34 AM, Stoner74 said:

How about backflips? It was mentioned earlier in this thread. 

Or a new button that can just dispel some buffs :)

Nice Changes, but Im beginning to get worried that we'll won't hear from Ash & Limbo Reworks, the more its delayed, the less I can play 

• Upvote 1

well its some nice QoL changes

but if thats all you ve came up with from 28 pages feedback thread i think ill give up on giving feedback completly.

• Upvote 5

new weapon plz
when are ash and limbo changes? realy looking foward too them

1 minute ago, Dante123pl said:

well its some nice QoL changes

but if thats all you ve came up with from 28 pages feedback thread i think ill give up on giving feedback completly.

Changes are an ongoing process! On top of producing new content and working on U19, our developers have a lot on their plate for these QoL updates and only so much manpower. We absolutely appreciate all of the feedback that our players provide, and we are so grateful to our community for taking the time to help us make Warframe better.

I understand why you're feeling what you're feeling, but there are so many members with differing opinions and different priorities that accommodating your guys' suggestions and requests takes time. I hope you understand! :)

• Upvote 17

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is going to be a really short Dev Workshop compared to Parts 1 through 4 - but it's worth giving everyone a heads up on! We are still iterating and playing through the changes, but we have some confirmed Volt changes coming in the 18.14 Update.

The changes are as follows:

Speed:

- Volt will be able to see the Speed pickup he creates.
- Volt can now recast Speed (like Mirage's Eclipse). Each recast will replace the prior speed pickup to the new casting location.

Electric Shield:

- Volt can now place up to 6 Shields (was 4).

Short and sweet - just some awareness for everyone that we are indeed still reviewing your feedback on the changes.

Is that it though?

Waiting on damage cap removal, duration scaling ulti and energy drain reduction for shield. 

If you guys feeling extra nice damage % on ulti so it scales.

• Upvote 5

On 8.06.2016 at 11:29 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Changes are an ongoing process! On top of producing new content and working on U19, our developers have a lot on their plate for these QoL updates and only so much manpower. We absolutely appreciate all of the feedback that our players provide, and we are so grateful to our community for taking the time to help us make Warframe better.

I understand why you're feeling what you're feeling, but there are so many members with differing opinions and different priorities that accommodating your guys' suggestions and requests takes time. I hope you understand! :)

yes i understand that you guys are busy with new content

but the problem is ppls been asking for recastable speed since ages

another thing is there was no reason to limit volt shields in the 1st place

thats why i m kinda upset what you guys came up with

Edited by Dante123pl
  • Upvote 1

4 shields were already enough imo, 6 will be plenty! thanks alot, space-mom! <3

3 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Now my question is- is the shotgun falloff not being removed when weapons are shot through his shield finally going to be fixed?? I don't know how many updates it's been or how many reports it's had at this point since this happened.

^ this & other shield/gun synergies like beam extension please :3. you quasi-promised in hotfix 17.4.2.:

"Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP."

:3

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Yes, I do understand. Thank you for being with us all! =-) 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

Yes, I do understand. Thank you for being with us all! =-) 

same here

This is good compromise on speed, but shield pick up need to also be changed to happen on release of context button, so it doesn't interfere with other actions that you often do while under shield's protection such as reviving.   If they change that, I'd be 100% content with the rework.  The 4 is still gonna be crap but... oh well. Not that much worse than before.

2 hours ago, RahuHordika said:

Which is why I mentioned that interactions would take priority over the toggle, shall the situation arise.

Meaning it could be deactivated by mispressing or again reloading

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Warframe seems to be doing very well for itself, even gaining a recent momentum of mainstream attention from streamers, players, and media outlets. Maybe DE should expand and grow it's workforce?