Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console & PC Controller / Gamepad Suggestions

(PSN)Crackle2012

On 2018-08-20 at 2:48 AM, DatDarkOne said:

Everything you listed are the exact reasons I stopped using the Steam Client for Warframe for my Elite controller.  Since I paid that much for my controller, I want it to work properly.  The Steam client was blocking that.  DE Stand Alone Client works perfectly for me without all that Steam mess thankfully. 

Are you having any issues with the right analog stick, like vertical and horizontal movements having different sensitivities, or it being very slow when doing slight movements, and way too fast when doing larger ones? I'm using the Elite Controller as well, but haven't found a way to fix that without using the Steam Client.

6 hours ago, VigilanteXII said:

Are you having any issues with the right analog stick, like vertical and horizontal movements having different sensitivities, or it being very slow when doing slight movements, and way too fast when doing larger ones? I'm using the Elite Controller as well, but haven't found a way to fix that without using the Steam Client.

The Elite Controller has it's own configuration app that changes how the analog sticks behave in regards to how far it's moved.  You can even adjust when/where in the sticks movement the changes occur.  

Steam Client screws with all of that.  It didn't use too, started about a year ago to badly effect my controller's behavior.  

DE please.

At least acknowledge that this isn't working and something is being done. 

I have thousands and hours and hundreds of dollars in this game since beta. I haven't played since this UI broke controllers and won't until it actually functions.

Edited by AreWeHuman

vor 14 Stunden schrieb AreWeHuman:

DE please.

At least acknowledge that this isn't working and something is being done. 

I have thousands and hours and hundreds of dollars in this game since beta. I haven't played since this UI broke controllers and won't until it actually functions.

Me too.

DE - is this the way you treat your comunity? - Ignore

Played for the last few years on PS4, recently switched to PC also with a gamepad (thanks GeForceNow). 

My main issue is not quite being able to find a sweet spot with stick sensitivity, at least on PC. There is a part of me that attributes this to lower FPS on consoles, so it's what I got used to. Being able to run on 60FPS or more, I'm not quite accustomed to such fluid animation, and the smooth gameplay feels "faster" to the point no stick setting seems to work. It is either just a tad too slow, or a tad too fast. Granted the Nvidia shield controller is fairly stiff to begin with. My DS4 worked best, but doesn't run too great when wired into the shield. Was thinking of trying a scuf to see if it makes any difference in fluidity by never having to remove my thumbs from the analogs. My current base config (both pc and console) below.

Movement - LS 
L3 - spring
aim/look around - RS
zoom/ADS/Melee channel- L2
Fire/Melee block - R2
L1 - Jump
R1 - Ability select (yes, I know...but it allow me to use while at least still moving with LS)
Triangle - switch weapon / hold for melee mode
sq - context / interact / reload
X - melee/quick melee
O - crouch / slide / roll
D arrow - gear menu
L arrow - place waypoint
U arrow - map menu
Touchpad (press) - transference

Can't remember my archwing controls...I avoid those missions like the plague lmao.

I humbly request the removal of the enforced delineation between Keyboard & Mouse and Controller inputs, or at the very least, making auto-detection optional. It's a nightmare for people using the Steam Controller, or other custom mapping systems, because keyboard inputs end up getting locked out. To elaborate, I simply can't use a keyboard to type, because in detecting my x-input mappings, it defaults to presenting a controller-style chat interface that simply refuses to take mouse or keyboard inputs.

Making the UI detection optional would go a long, long way towards making hybrid xinput/mouse input setups viable again, as they once were. Right now, players like me are really struggling with these new interface changes.

Also on the controls front, are there any plans to address the longstanding issues with simultaneous sprint/melee inputs? Trying to launch a melee attack while sprinting still reliably causes you to teleport around.

On 2018-08-28 at 6:03 PM, (PS4)BWize said:

Played for the last few years on PS4, recently switched to PC also with a gamepad (thanks GeForceNow). 

My main issue is not quite being able to find a sweet spot with stick sensitivity, at least on PC. There is a part of me that attributes this to lower FPS on consoles, so it's what I got used to. Being able to run on 60FPS or more, I'm not quite accustomed to such fluid animation, and the smooth gameplay feels "faster" to the point no stick setting seems to work. It is either just a tad too slow, or a tad too fast. Granted the Nvidia shield controller is fairly stiff to begin with. My DS4 worked best, but doesn't run too great when wired into the shield. Was thinking of trying a scuf to see if it makes any difference in fluidity by never having to remove my thumbs from the analogs. My current base config (both pc and console) below.

Movement - LS 
L3 - spring
aim/look around - RS
zoom/ADS/Melee channel- L2
Fire/Melee block - R2
L1 - Jump
R1 - Ability select (yes, I know...but it allow me to use while at least still moving with LS)
Triangle - switch weapon / hold for melee mode
sq - context / interact / reload
X - melee/quick melee
O - crouch / slide / roll
D arrow - gear menu
L arrow - place waypoint
U arrow - map menu
Touchpad (press) - transference

Can't remember my archwing controls...I avoid those missions like the plague lmao.

It's like you don't even play the game or read the topic.

Controller bindings on PC don't even properly save right now.

Howdy. 

I'm not sure what was changed recently with updates, but something has broken with the ability to quickly swap between controller and keyboard+mouse on PC.  I recently got my controller working again and left it plugged in when starting Warframe.  This made the menus unresponsive to kb+mouse in that I could not select anything.  When trying to use the chat to ask for help it would not respond to keyboard inputs and would only bring up a software keyboard when I pushed the indicated button on the controller.  Even exiting the game via the menu was impossible as it did not respond to mouse clicks. 

Is there some way that both inputs could be used interchangeably again?  The game used to work like that but then there was an update that broke it.

On 2018-08-23 at 2:48 PM, VigilanteXII said:

Hey fellow tenno, im having issues as well with the right/aim stick. It feels too slippery regardless of my sensitivity settings. And i think i can notice the difference that you mentioned between horizontal and vertical aiming. However, this problem occurs when i play solo or am alone in the squad. What's strange is that it seems to disappear when i host a squad of 3 or 4 tennos. Then, all of a sudden my controller (right stick) regains awesome responsiveness.

That makes no sense to me but it's what im experiencing. I dont know what kind of strain a full squad is putting on my system that it fixes my right stick responsiveness.

I believe it should be the opposite. Solo smooth, squad laggy. But no...

Anyways, i play on ps4 pro with the ds4 controller. If u can notice something similar when u host full squad let me know.

14 hours ago, StarfallSnow said:

I'm not sure what was changed recently with updates, but something has broken with the ability to quickly swap between controller and keyboard+mouse on PC. 

This is gonna sound basic but it's best to ask: are you sure you're not being forced into the Steam API and full or partial functionality inherent in Big Picture Mode?
If so you should be able to assign controllers specific mode settings on a per-game basis so you can consistently boot without it. 

This update is a disaster for controller users, but you should at least have full use of mouse/keyboard when needed. 

Edited by Wiergate
clarity

Using controller on PC due to minor injury.

Archwing pitch and yaw needs something but at the very least, please add an option to "lock to the horizion" on the Plains. Making it control more like the nimble versions of the Dargyn. Archwing mastery test with a controller is frustrating and a cakewalk with keyboard and mouse. Obviously it can't really compete but I think something can be improved.

Example: Not sure if there are any rules against the following but there is this um... I'll say 'sub nautical' sandbox game with this little one-person sub that controls like a dream. While they have more functionality, Archwings could be similar I feel.

Edited by 7.T.
Finding Typos

On 2018-09-10 at 1:38 AM, Wiergate said:

This is gonna sound basic but it's best to ask: are you sure you're not being forced into the Steam API and full or partial functionality inherent in Big Picture Mode?
If so you should be able to assign controllers specific mode settings on a per-game basis so you can consistently boot without it. 

This update is a disaster for controller users, but you should at least have full use of mouse/keyboard when needed. 

Thank you for the suggestion.  Steam was the culprit and now things seem to work as they should.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-06-09 at 6:11 PM, (PS4)Crackle2012 said:

I've heard of this being an issue for a while on PC -- That has to be frustrating....

I have a question for you actually though!  With the XB1 controller, are you able to separate Crouch / Slide from Roll if you want on PC, with the XB1 Elite?

I've been perusing forums for L1/LB hold to crouch without roll combined. Is anyone talking about that as an option? I play PC and it's my biggest complaint to not running controller. Love my butt scoots and quick slide attacks.

On 2018-08-23 at 2:48 PM, VigilanteXII said:

This is called acceleration, I play with a wired pdp prismatic controller, it has two wheel buttons on the bottom of it that support remapping which solves most of the issues with out having to use an elite controller.  only issue is the stupid quick selection changing my active ability so tapping rb doesnt always trigger the same ability.

On 2018-09-10 at 2:51 PM, 7.T. said:

Example: Not sure if there are any rules against the following but there is this um... I'll say 'sub nautical' sandbox game with this little one-person sub that controls like a dream. While they have more functionality, Archwings could be similar I feel.

probably best way to communicate something to a game developer as they can download the game and test it out or go "yeah i know what this guy means"

It would be Nice if the PS4 TouchPad Swipes could be assigned to Other Actions aside from abilities.

I currently use my touchpad for abilities, it would be convenient to move them to the D-Pad,

however as the touchpad cannot currently be assigned to anything else, that move would sacrifice too many buttons. - what's currently on the D-Pad would have no place to move to.

So i played Warframe last night on my laptop instead of my Xbox, i used the same controller, same headset, heck i even used hdmi out and duplicated the display and used the same tv and honestly, i get the whole ability wheel canceling stuff is the biggest issue with my quick ability not staying on the ability i set it to using the d pad. i mean its cool it updates to what i last used but if I use one ability the most i want that to be my quick ability and remain it.

12 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

It would be Nice if the PS4 TouchPad Swipes could be assigned to Other Actions aside from abilities.

I currently use my touchpad for abilities, it would be convenient to move them to the D-Pad,

however as the touchpad cannot currently be assigned to anything else, that move would sacrifice too many buttons. - what's currently on the D-Pad would have no place to move to.

too bad the ps4 controller doesn't have the touch pad on the underside of it so you could the ring and pinky fingers to control the abilities.

Edited by xyberviri

• 2 weeks later...

So ive started to flip flop between xbox one and pc more this past week. It feel likes the pc controls are a little less responsive then as on the xbox. Im assuming its probably the same for anyone that plays on PS4 and uses the controller on PC for warframe as well.

Seem LB also breaks wall grapples when attempting to bullet jump.

Hey all,

Had the exact problem as in the video above and found a simple solution: use the controller to select and save the options. 

Once I selected the desired button-> needed function-> "back"-> "OK" all with the controllers' analog stick and buttons, they would remain bound to the new config.

Hope its the same for others, using a xbox360 controller for ref.

Fix for xbox360 controller.

Edited by Vastion

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

No wonder I wasn't able to find this thread, how come it's been unpinned? 😞

Dunno. Although there have been a couple of improvements it's certainly still relevant. Hopefully there's room for a new one with up-to-date feedback following the recent changes.