Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe + HTC Vive

0Skyrim0

Question

So. Since I've not found any VR related threads, I am just going to ask it now.

Is there any kind of VR or SBS native support for Warframe? "Native", not some sort of emulation with Virtual Desktop and co.

Been a long time since I've played Warframe, might be now even 3 months in total, or even longer. And not quite missing it yet. Ordered my Strix 1080 and HTC Vive, and just wanna know if it's worth re-downloading Warframe.

I don't actually care about ingame's current nor missed content, not about any new mods or challenges. So stay on topic, thanks. :)

Edited by 0Skyrim0

13 answers to this question

Honestly, VR has been teased as shown as a tweet.....from [DE]Scott, or [DE]Adam

I seriously can't find the tweet....I'm lazy.

There is no verification on exactly when VR is supported from the game directly, there is no official word on it..

At the moment, the game does not support VR (Directly).

-From my point of view-

Edited by Magnulast
Added more things..

20 minutes ago, 0Skyrim0 said:

So. Since I've not found any VR related threads, I am just going to ask it now.

Is there any kind of VR or SBS native support for Warframe? "Native", not some sort of emulation with Virtual Desktop and co.

Been a long time since I've played Warframe, might be now even 3 months in total, or even longer. And not quite missing it yet. Ordered my Strix 1080 and HTC Vive, and just wanna know if it's worth re-downloading Warframe.

I don't actually care about ingame's current nor missed content, not about any new mods or challenges. So stay on topic, thanks. :)

I'm not sure diving in warframe with Vr would be the greatest of all idea... Hell, the (now gone) legendary FPS mode bug was almost unplayable if you tried to do more than run, so VR ? Not that sure it is a good idea to use.

As for it being usable as of now, the answer is NO. For it being usable later on ? Steve did said in a devstream, I think the last one, he was experimenting on it, so we'll see I suppose.

14 minutes ago, JRMC said:

How would virtual reality be integrated in a highly packed action game coupled with agile movement?

DE could just make VR ready ship, relays and clan dojos. Gameplay would obviously won't work well.

Just now, (PS4)iBoiz said:

DE could just make VR ready ship, relays and clan dojos. Gameplay would obviously won't work well.

What would be the point in investing in something that wouldn't prove useful in the majority of the game?

13 minutes ago, JRMC said:

What would be the point in investing in something that wouldn't prove useful in the majority of the game?

Sure its won't be useful in the majority of the game, so what? Zephyr bird, sentinel mini games are not useful either yet we have them. De implemented them for fun. Making another fun gimmicky feature wouldn't hurt considering VR will be more mainstream with the release of pc's oculus/vive, ps4's morphius, and polaris/pascal video cards.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

Just now, (PS4)iBoiz said:

Zephyr bird, sentinel mini games are not useful either yet we have them. I don't see why not consider making another gimmicky feature considering VR will be more mainstream with the release of pc's oculus/vive, ps4's morphius, and polaris/pascal video cards.

They didn't have to invest in the development of those mini-games. They re-used all available assets. It was most likely a hobby for them. Now virtual reality is something different. Only to adapt it to a small portion of the game is pretty useless, in my honest opinion.

3 minutes ago, JRMC said:

They didn't have to invest in the development of those mini-games. They re-used all available assets. It was most likely a hobby for them. Now virtual reality is something different. Only to adapt it to a small portion of the game is pretty useless, in my honest opinion.

It's not like op is forcing them to implement it. He is simply suggesting VR. As I said in my edited post, de could make it for fun, or as you said as a hobby.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

It's not like op is forcing them to implement it. He is simply suggesting VR. As I said in my edited post, de could make it for fun, or as you said as a hobby.

I know he is suggesting, thus it brought me to question the usefulness of said feature.

Yes, just asking about possible features as VR or SBS (stereoscopic stuff). Would be quite nice having such things.

A 3D aspect of this game might attract some vet players back to this game. I am playing Warframe for quite a long time (this is not my main account, to make it clear), and I just lost the enjoyable aspect of this game. I would like to experience nice 3D/SBS effects, at least, in this game. Mostly in the orokin tileset levels. Shiny gold. Gold-ish effects, filters, particles, and more.

That would actually leave me playing the game not just again, but also for couple of hours, like in the beginning. I am, for my part, someone who loves graphics, not just story and content.

22 hours ago, 0Skyrim0 said:

Yes, just asking about possible features as VR or SBS (stereoscopic stuff). Would be quite nice having such things.

A 3D aspect of this game might attract some vet players back to this game. I am playing Warframe for quite a long time (this is not my main account, to make it clear), and I just lost the enjoyable aspect of this game. I would like to experience nice 3D/SBS effects, at least, in this game. Mostly in the orokin tileset levels. Shiny gold. Gold-ish effects, filters, particles, and more.

That would actually leave me playing the game not just again, but also for couple of hours, like in the beginning. I am, for my part, someone who loves graphics, not just story and content.

Well, with the movement system like Warframe. It won't be possible.