Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst event

(PSN)Quil_Nye

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Woofsie said:

Having to actually dodge, play skillfully, maintain situational awareness, and plan ahead... I LOVE THIS EVENT. JUST GIVE ME THE TWIN KOHMAK ALREADY CHRIST KELA.

You already have to do that when fighting level 90-300 enemies in the void...but you'll still die anyway. Instead of any of that working your field of view will be overloaded with bombard rockets.....have fun ;)

I hate like how people complain about something, get criticism from the other point of view, then accuse people of butt licking DE.

Everything in the event will stay for the rest of your life, except Furax Wraith, which aren't that great anyway unless you liked the original. All the event mods will be available from other people and since they are easy to get, will not cost a lot at all; 90p (or less) and you get em all. So compared to the last event(s), no, it doesn't need any more grind, only if you want the items immediately. And that works for every other bit of the game.

Now if you want to grind it anyway, buckle up, learn to dodge and aim, and use the right builds. If you can do these, it wouldn't even be worth it to use tryhard cheeser equipment.

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Um... there are no gear restrictions...

maybe not for PC but for PS4 there is.  doing event right now.  I can tell you there is restrictions on a lot of things.   this has a Moba feel to the event but without the enjoyable feel of a Moba lol.

Rathuum is mostly about how well you can evade via parkour. Your energy starts at 0 so relying on abilities isn't advisable, and the executioners scale with you so trying to tank will probably get you killed, but unlike, say, Divine Will, there are basically no abnormally persistent homing attacks or oppressively large AoEs, so parkour is your out. Just make sure to bring a good weapon along so you do more than scratch damage. Preferably one that you don't have to take careful aim with, like an automatic or a launcher.

I mostly use Mirage in it.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Quil_Nye said:

maybe not for PC but for PS4 there is.  doing event right now.  I can tell you there is restrictions on a lot of things.   this has a Moba feel to the event but without the enjoyable feel of a Moba lol.

6 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

There are. That's why you get free scans when you get in, since you can't use your scanner.

OH! DERP! The consumable items. I was thinking weapon restrictions. Right, no, you can't use pizzas in there, no

58 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

First try on Endless Rathuum one teammate carried us to 23 kills before eating it. Since then I've tried it thrice more and come to the conclusion that either I have to do it solo and super try-hardy or not at all

unless you have a competent and well built team; use valkyr, stay in hysteria, you can cheese it well past 300 kills before it becomes a slog, that's how most people did it, and that's how I did it.

I can concur on Chroma in general being a good option, just keep an eye out for Nok's Deth Carabus drones. They seem to do percentage based damage - if they get a beam on you for a few seconds you will die - if you see them, try to roll away and kill them before other enemies to eliminate the kill potential then run around Vexing your enemies with your favorite strong weapons. For the lower level arenas, for example, if you don't have access to Chroma or just need to gain some points to unlock the later rounds, Oberon decked in armor mods and rage can be useful - his reckoning and smite will not effect the enemies much, but being able to heal and resist status with the armor of hallowed ground saved more than one ally when we were hitting it the first time. Some players liked Valkyr, Ash, or Wukong for the harder rounds. Trinity and Mirage were also picked though I wouldn't put much focus on them since the reworks are coming soon for consoles as well down the road; though Mirage can still do quite a bit of damage if the warframe doesn't get one-shot..

10 minutes ago, Etan-gK said:

unless you have a competent and well built team; use valkyr, stay in hysteria, you can cheese it well past 300 kills before it becomes a slog, that's how most people did it, and that's how I did it.

do you even get anything good for doing the endurance I thought the event was all about doing phase 3 for 25 pts build up to 150 go kill boss  go back to phase 3 run that twice go back to boss over and over again to farm mods.  as far as I am aware and maybe I am missing something the endurance is just for clan trophy.  you can cheese this event as well just use effiencincy build ash  and it goes quickly but easy and cheesing doesn't = fun hard doesn't = fun.  to me this event is not fun.   I do not know why that is so hard to understand and if others enjoyed cheesing it or whatever hats off wish I was having as much fun cheesing it as they did.  to me it feels like I am being forced to play ash to farm the mods I would like to get from this event.   or I guess I could Mirage with the Synoid as well.   there are other cheesy ways but I prefer options like pick whatevrr frame I want and just enjoy the game not if I do not chose this and that I will struggle.     for me the funnest part of this game is raiding and I am hoping solar rails will be fun as well if they ever come back.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Quil_Nye said:

do you even get anything good for doing the endurance I thought the event was all about doing phase 3 for 25 pts build up to 150 go kill boss  go back to phase 3 run that twice go back to boss over and over again to farm mods.  as far as I am aware and maybe I am missing something the endurance is just for clan trophy.  you can cheese this event as well just use effiencincy build ash  and it goes quickly but easy and cheesing doesn't = fun hard doesn't = fun.  to me this event is not fun.   I do not know why that is so hard to understand and if others enjoyed cheesing it or whatever hats off wish I was having as much fun cheesing it as they did.  to me it feels like I am being forced to play ash to farm the mods I would like to get from this event.   or I guess I could Mirage with the Synoid as well.   there are other cheesy ways but I prefer options like pick whatevrr frame I want and just enjoy the game not if I do not chose this and that I will struggle.     for me the funnest part of this game is raiding and I am hoping solar rails will be fun as well if they ever come back.

What you want to say is that it forces you to use parkour skills that you would have learnt from playing with a weak frame. Or you know, stick to the team and give (de)buffs (heh, [DE]buffs) You don't have to be the one with most kills, that's what supports are for.

Since you're having some hard time not cheesing it, here are some advice:

• General and first rule: Executioners are supposed to be gods of combat among grineer, don't go blindly meleeing them hoping to destroy them like cannon fodder.
  • Use exilus mods and other unpopular mods instead of min-maxing powers you'll rarely use. For instance, enemy radar/sense will help you predict enemy moves and prepare yours. Rush will make movement easier in general. I personally haven't tested this yet, since I just thought about it, but I think flame repellent would be good for the Carabus lil' bastards.
  • Focus on your weapons if you're not using a damage frame. From what I've seen, automatic stuff like soma isn't that good. Tigris was my weapon of predilection for this event, for its ability to deliver high damage quickly on the move.
  • Learn enemy moves. For example, I've had a lot of people waste their energy while enemies were under Dok Thul's immunity. When you see a Harkonar with no shields, don't bother attacking her, search for the real one nearby. If you have Garesh in your game you're lucky, he doesn't pose much of a threat.
  • Build for viral. Enemy armor isn't that significant if you don't play Endurance, and in my experience, it works out better than corrosive or other elements.
  • If you want energy so bad, Limbo can be a good alternative for EV, for removing the risk factor. Just don't be an A****** by picking the energy orbs instead of letting them do it.

This event has the potential to be the least cheesy one, using the least popular mods. More so than anything I've seen in the game so far.

EDIT: Also yes, Endurance isn't worth it unless you want a clan trophy. Going to wave ~30 is pretty easy and would help out your clan a lot. IIRC the record had to be 10 per member for the golden trophy.

Edited by TheScytale

I mean, I carried a team to 107 kills in endless, going pure melee Chroma. Zenurik helps immensely, and if you really want you can either hide to charge up focus, or slow down your kill rate.

Frames that can utilize Rage are extremely good; obviously, caster frames aren't going to do well in an arena that focuses more on parkour and reaction time than ability spam.

You can't spam pizzas at the start. So what? Adapt and overcome. You need a minimum 25 kills; it only gets pretty difficult at 50+. Work as a team, and you'll do fine.

...if you really want to cheese, run a max efficiency Ash so that a single energy orb starts your Bladestorm, or just use Naramon. Scrublord level, but effective.

6 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

What you want to say is that it forces you to use parkour skills that you would have learnt from playing with a weak frame. Or you know, stick to the team and give (de)

no that is not want I want to say what I wanted to say I said lol.  it's okay if you do not understand why I dislike this event.  I do enjoy the game as a whole though otherwise I wouldn't be playing it.    I looke at games like Battleborn  Overwatch and think wow if those games had tennos instead of their toons those games would be so much more fun.  problem with this games PVP/Conclave is it takes away the best thing about this game the tenno powers etc...  you like what you like I like what I like its all good.

2 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Well you tell him "aaay lmao, this is so easy man, better step up yo' game" but then later you move on to: "But when i get scaling modifier, i leave! So pretty tough man i tell ya."

Make a decision. Is this easy? Then don't leave for a certain modifier ;) Else it is NOT easy for you.

Or you could not be a $&*^ about it? How's that sound? I rinsed the first 3 Rathuum mission easy enough, even solo'd a few to get more points to fight Kela. The tanky executioner with the Ogris hits like a freight train already, I don't need him at lvl 99. That modifier is absolute trash, because DE sucks at scaling enemies, not just in this, but every endless mission like Survival or Excavation for example.

1 hour ago, Etan-gK said:

I'd like to know how they got enough energy lol, because the Valkyr's I've played with couldn't use any of their abilites. Also, I had her once. Got rid of her because she feels floaty and that was throwing me off with every other frame I have... stupid passive.

12 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Or you could not be a $&*^ about it? How's that sound? I rinsed the first 3 Rathuum mission easy enough, even solo'd a few to get more points to fight Kela. The tanky executioner with the Ogris hits like a freight train already, I don't need him at lvl 99. That modifier is absolute trash, because DE sucks at scaling enemies, not just in this, but every endless mission like Survival or Excavation for example.

Oh, now i'm a whatever, thanks i guess? Anyway, you really should read your own words before accusing me of stuff. You tell the OP, who actually got some valid concerns, this:

3 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Lol, someone kick your crutch out from under ya? The event is hella easy (Except for Endless Rathuum, it's ridiculous)

And then you go on telling us how incredible evil the scaling modifier is which makes you leave this mission...this is just being a hypocrite. I wonder if you would say the same if only the scaling modifier would exist. I bet you would join the OP immediately without questions asked.

And if you have actually read the OP, you would know that he's not saying this event is hard or impossible. But lacking ENJOYABILITY. Because most abilities don't work properly (for example terrify and shadows of the dead). Or that you cannot use gear items. He even said it's all about dodging (cuz scaling) and using your weapons only.

Point in summary: Unless you're playing perma-invis, god mode or extremely tanky frames, you're gonna have a bad time due to the scaling. You don't even need valkyr, a chroma as Magneu said is also able to withstand up to over lvl 200 enemies. But when you play frames like banshee or nekros, good night.

So you sit more or less in the same boat as OP, so why tackle him? I don't get it.

Yet I somehow manage to immensely enjoy this event. Maybe it's because I don't cheese just to cheese? De should probably explain that a lot of abilities don't work on the executioners so there is an actual fight. Says so on the wiki at least.

Also, sorry, you're comments just came off as d i c k i s h to  me.

Just now, (PS4)Yodunheim said:

What got me was the assassination, most low level players won't have even the slightest clue what to do. Can't even get them to stand on the dang buttons...

Yeah especially the newbs who don't read chat.

We should make a petition for DE to add a chat tutorial.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Yodunheim said:

What got me was the assassination, most low level players won't have even the slightest clue what to do. Can't even get them to stand on the dang buttons...

I actually like the assassination part of the Event.  it feels like a mini raid. its doing phase 3 twice before doing the enjoyable part that stinks.  every time I bring ash get 1 energy  orb which allows me to blade storm kill a dozen guy grab another kill some more.  rinse and repeat.  Now assassination there is some dodging involved as well unless you bring a frost to bubble the group. it isn't needed though you can jump around you can also hydroid puddle  Hystaria   you can actually use your turrets from the new ship :D  so yeah the assassin thing is fun.  it does stink waiting for randoms to step on the Elavator part though before boss fight because for some reason they made it so they had to all be hit at same time.  once you get to the top you can carry the rest of the group and solo the pad stepping / shooting part. 

I recently did the event with rhino. I actually really enjoyed this event. I felt like the mood was fun and I liked that they used different maps. I've never been in conclave but it was super fun to do with my friend. I think a big part of why people don't like this event is because they are use to the warframe abilities and without a lot of energy to go around it is hard. That's alright, not every event will please everyone! 

Incase anyone is reading this and is having s tough time with it; I suggest you change builds and weapons! People get very dependent on a single build or weapon and it ruins them when they are thrown into the fray. 

Also; if you are in a clan, I'm sure some clan members will be more than happy to run the endless with you to get you to 25! 

14 hours ago, Kanlor said:

Best event they ever added.

At running new players off, sure...

14 hours ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

I see this in the complete opposite eye. This is great. Makes you work for kills if you're not cheesing. I've ran the mission 3 with just about all the frames now and it seems very enjoyable. The enemies are kinda given the boss treatment so some abilities won't work on them 100% effective it seems like. As for gear, this takes place in a conclave style set up. Gear is not available in the conclave; at least we have use of the normal function of the abilities. Like most things in the game, this is optional. I suggest get the loot you desire and abandon it. /thread

If I wanted to play Conclave I would. As someone who finds PVP boring, pointless and repetitive, guess what I thought of PVP mode one PVE?

14 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

i absolute LOVED this even. i actually had to plan what i was going to use, also if you play PvP then you will know when and where energy spawns and be able to excel.

If I wanted to play PVP, I would. I don't. I find it boring and repetitive. 

Found Rathuum the same.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Orbizart said:

As an event, it's fine, but my concern is for new players working their way through the solar system for the first time and who will likely lack some mods/frames/weapons. It's going to be significantly more grindy and difficult to get past Sedna.

I have seen threads by newer players who are leaving Warframe due to this. Here, Reddit, Steam. It's actively driving newer players away.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Cynicaid said:

The Enemy Scales modifier could be removed and nothing of value would be lost.

One trip through that mess and I broke out the cheddar for every round following.

Agree.

The enemy scaling at higher Rathuum levels absurd. Utterly ruined the experience for me.

It's very telling that, for the last year, DE is tying new rewards to specific content, as opposed to using regular drop tables. This forces us to run godawful MoonSpy and Rathuum if we want new mods. (Which I don't; not this badly, nor will I use Plat to get them).

I wonder...if Rathuum were not REQUIRED for progression and mods, how many would play it for enjoyment? I would not be among them, believe me.

21 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

At running new players off, sure...

If I wanted to play Conclave I would. As someone who finds PVP boring, pointless and repetitive, guess what I thought of PVP mode one PVE?

If I wanted to play PVP, I would. I don't. I find it boring and repetitive. 

Found Rathuum the same.

I have seen threads by newer players who are leaving Warframe due to this. Here, Reddit, Steam. It's actively driving newer players away.

Agree.

The enemy scaling at higher Rathuum levels absurd. Utterly ruined the experience for me.

It's very telling that, for the last year, DE is tying new rewards to specific content, as opposed to using regular drop tables. This forces us to run godawful MoonSpy and Rathuum if we want new mods. (Which I don't; not this badly, nor will I use Plat to get them).

I wonder...if Rathuum were not REQUIRED for progression and mods, how many would play it for enjoyment? I would not be among them, believe me.

I don't think this is a completely fair comparison to PvP, and I don't think that's why it's driving away new players.

The event itself is mostly fine. Some people aren't going to like it, but most people I see seem to be enjoying it.

The real problem is the Kela gating. Once Kela is unlocked by a newbie she should stay unlocked. Also, I'm not sure if the nodes are permanent Rathuum nodes, but if so that's kind of dumb if new players need to play Rathuum 2 and 3 to progress.

@1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 rather than a scaling one, there should just be a permanent level 100 Rathuum node. People that want to face that difficulty can, and those who don't won't have to.

It reminds me of Quake Arena. I don't mind the power kits being of no use, but it's frustrating when the enemy scales into the hundreds, your teammates are dead, and there's no way to counter them since your weapons have longed dropped off the curve. 

Trolls like to use the words crutch, but in reality powers are an entertainment value that separates Warframe from pretty much everything since Unreal, but judging by the new MOBAs inspired FPS like Overwatch and Battleborn powers and perks seem to be gaining ground. De would be foolish to cater to the crowd trying to water Warframe down into a strict 3rd person COD or Battlefield experience.

This event is actually a great step in providing PVP bots in PVP arenas, so PVE players can learn maps and pick-ups. Quake Arena did the same long ago and that was fun as well, till you started feeling good enough to play with other players. All fine...

Just so long as it doesn't bleed into the rest of the game and strips powers out that makes the game awesome to behold. Yet I'd  be okay with the better Ai pathing displayed in Raathuum for special units being mixed in with the brainless mobs. That would be a better fix to nullifiers and energy drain units.