The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Warframe community toxic?

Fle292

In short:
PVE: You are bashed if :
         -You dont follow the "META"
         -Use to powerful guns
         -Use weak guns
         -To actually play the game and not pressing one button over and over (example: Trin, Nekros)
PVP: There is a chance you get "nice" whispers after a match if:
         -You use your powers
         -Win game with more Oro than kills
         -You perfromance is worse 
         -Or simply you dare to kill somebody from the "Daikyu bulletjump nyx elitisim"

These are my experiences if I go public. What are yours?

Stay away from Region Chat. Depresses you in a matter of seconds.

Beyond that, the game itself is quite ok. Its design doesnt demand a whole lot of coordination, so it's hard to find toxicity when no one is talking. Besides, it's a Co-op pve with a lot of space for mistakes. There is no point on being toxic on that except if you are an awful person-- and if you are an awful person, you probably are on my ignore list.

As said before, however, the forums are... Different. Specially on moments like this, after reworks. There are a lot of... Colorful opinions around.

There are the odd players who despise babysitting newcomers, but it's fine for the most part. You might run into a few people in Trade chat who will outright block you if your offer isn't music to their ears.

Oh, and anything goes in Region chat. The helpful, the amusing, the trolls, etc.

Abusive behavior isn't tolerated in Warframe, be it in game or on the forums. If you see it happening in game, please take a screenshot and report the user to support. If it's happening on the forums, use the "Report Post" button next to the timestamp of the post in question.

In-game, aside from the very rare occasions where I took my Excalibur Prime out for a spin, or in PVP I haven't seen too much. You do get the occasional flamer but compared to the number of silent runs the rate is very low.

But man, the Region chat and PVP get pretty bad. PVP trash-talking especially so, to the point that I don't even bother with the mode.

usually just in spy sorties or the like...things that require you to not mess up at all...3 people don't like seeing "mission failed" because you snagged a laser beam hit box. I now just solo them or do them with friends.

overall the number of totally awesome people I have met in this game out numbers the d-bags by a large margin.

Trade chat is toxic. I avoid that area like the plague.
The general community is fine to me, anyone bashing me for playing the game how I wanna play can join those in the peanut gallery waiting for me to give a fudge about their opinions.

48 minutes ago, Fle292 said:

In short:
PVE: You are bashed if :
         -You dont follow the "META"
         -Use to powerful guns
         -Use weak guns
         -To actually play the game and not pressing one button over and over (example: Trin, Nekros)
PVP: There is a chance you get "nice" whispers after a match if:
         -You use your powers
         -Win game with more Oro than kills
         -You perfromance is worse 
         -Or simply you dare to kill somebody from the "Daikyu bulletjump nyx elitisim"

These are my experiences if I go public. What are yours?

I find the opposite with PVE. I get bashed if I use powers, over and over. I mean, if we're gonna talk crap about hitting one button over and over, Atlas goes into that territory and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

What is wrong with hitting a button repeatedly?

I don't know anyone that has gotten bashed for not following meta. In fact, most people get angry if you suggest something related to meta, and tell you to tryhard somewhere else. I don't understand it, but I guess I'm just old or something.

well, one nice experience i`ve had was playing a desecrate nekros in t3 surv, the squad was a vauban, disarm loki and a random ember I had no idea why is he/she here

so we were choker camping, the loki was the key owner, and didnt do sh*t for the mission, and the ember was AFK all the time, only vauban and I actually did, he vortex`ed them and killed while i desecrated

loki then says I am noob because life support was running out, I said I`m spamming desec. and nothing else, and maybe if he actually used disarm it`d go faster and we get more air, basically we started arguing, and he started activating at 60%, claiming it increases swarm (not realizing that him coming out made the far spawn spots active so he dragged a lot of mobs behind him back to spawn) and i told him not to as we will need them more, then he says if u desec. enough we wont. and we just kept at that, then I said wtf is ember doing here anyway, he said nothing, I said because its ur key doesnt mean u dont help, then he aborted and we all got kicked out of mission...

Well the Relay chats usually turn into rather inappropriate conversations, but people aren't really ever vicious to others from what I have seen. 

I find traders to be the bottom of the barrel. Lots of people refuse to understand that this isn't TF2 and how platinum is worth a lot. 75 platinum alone translates to 5$. Do not scam others. For example, the EMP Aura popped up on an alert like a day or two ago and people were trying to sell it for 300+ platinum. 

The forums may have people you do not like, but you should just block them instead of attacking them. Trust me when I say that your actions will not go unpunished. 

2 minutes ago, Noteybook said:

I find the opposite with PVE. I get bashed if I use powers, over and over. I mean, if we're gonna talk crap about hitting one button over and over, Atlas goes into that territory and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

What is wrong with hitting a button repeatedly?

I don't know anyone that has gotten bashed for not following meta. In fact, most people get angry if you suggest something related to meta, and tell you to tryhard somewhere else. I don't understand it, but I guess I'm just old or something.

is that button "4" when you are playing ash?

1 minute ago, Bizzaro21 said:

then he aborted and we all got kicked out of mission...

That's happened soo often to me lol. Guy tried to argue me something about Mesa while I was playing her as I pretty much always do. He wasn't. Started out friendly talking about Mesa. Then he mentioned something about her 1 increasing reload. I tried it on the spot in 3 different ways. Told him it doesn't seem it's the case.

Guy went bonkers calling me a "kid" (The usual  rage bait) and then extracted at wave 15 in a Defense. (The plan was 20 waves)