The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan-Made Lore Entries

(XBOX)kr1sPYDonuts

(Ah the exhausted writer is the best... Late night writing)

"Subterfuge, something always needed for living poor.  Slight of hand? Always easy to sneak a dagger into greeting the unexpected with a simple hello of death.  And toxins that ooze off of a blade.  All the makings of an assassin.

Before I bored the Zariman with my mother, as we have been blessed with one of the first few to the colony.  She never figured out where I got my scars, I hope I never need to tell her.  The toxic edge of the ever beautiful Karyst, is strong enough to scar if not kill, as I learned with my half melted finger.  It doesn't matter, I can leave that behind.

as I boarded the (I had more, but I dozed off in the delete key, so I woke up before it all went... So here is a sample I guess.  I need sleep bad now, so night all

a variation at the volt lore

i reviewed volts lore and some references on current understanding of warframe creation. originally specific frames were created for specific operators 

Spoiler

~VOLT~

I stood and watched .....As the others were being tested

a rigorous course designed to test everything we have trained for stood before us.

The others like me who tested on it passed with flying colors, but only because we were different.

Ordinary foot soldiers tried and failed in their attempts, but those of us from the accident completed it with minor effort.

But now the others had finally finished their test, some were faster than others, but now it was finally my turn.

I stood ready at the start of the course, I heard the the Voice of our masters overhead. 

"Your trial will begin momentarily tenno stand ready."

I stood poised, muscles coiled at the ready,..... waiting for the signal.

"Your trial will begin in 3...2...1, Start!"

When the signal to start flared, I felt a sudden charge of power course throughout my body.

I cleared the challenges with ease and when I looked over at the crowd that had gathered. All the scientist were astonished, even my fellow peers couldn't help but show some kind of amazement at the speed at which i had demonstrated.

A course that would take the others minutes to clear, I had done in seconds.

After the testing was over, I was approached by a lady wearing ornate gold clothing with a kind smile.

"Hello, young one, I am the lead scientist, and I saw your performance just now. I must say, it was quite impressive, even by standards set by other subjects."

"Thank you, it was really nothing special." 

"Oh, but it was special" She said reaching out and taking my hand" Come there is something you should see."

I followed her until we came to a large ornate door, when the door opened, she encouraged me to step inside.

When I walked in, I notice a large golden coffin  set at the back of the room, attached vertically to the wall.

I sensed something familiar inside, almost like it was calling to ..me

"Why is there a coffin in this room?"

she gave a small laugh at this

"Not a coffin, this is a cryopod, and within it resides a body that can withstand your power young tenno."

she accessed a panel on the side, and the cryopod opened up

Relieving inside a sleek black metal form lined in gold. Raw power seemed to spark across the shell of the still figure

"Why show me this?" I could not tear my eyes from the still form

"Because I believe you are ready. Only two others before you have achieved a level far beyond the others at this point.. You would be the third to join them, so we created a lens through which you can focus your power, and created this body which can harness your raw potential and channel it"

she paused and then asked

"Do you feel you are ready?"

I put my hand on the chest of the slumbering form, and I felt it beat beneath by hand. I pulled my hand away and finally looked up at the scientist.

"Yes, I am ready." 

16 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

(Ah the exhausted writer is the best... Late night writing)

"Subterfuge, something always needed for living poor.  Slight of hand? Always easy to sneak a dagger into greeting the unexpected with a simple hello of death.  And toxins that ooze off of a blade.  All the makings of an assassin.

Before I bored the Zariman with my mother, as we have been blessed with one of the first few to the colony.  She never figured out where I got my scars, I hope I never need to tell her.  The toxic edge of the ever beautiful Karyst, is strong enough to scar if not kill, as I learned with my half melted finger.  It doesn't matter, I can leave that behind.

as I boarded the (I had more, but I dozed off in the delete key, so I woke up before it all went... So here is a sample I guess.  I need sleep bad now, so night all

I would like to see how this ends, it seems pretty good so far. I hope you don't mind, but I still would like to write my own version for Saryn, I will still feature yours though.  

Just a little grammar thing, on the Nyx entry one line says, "a person is attacking you don't have enough time to fully move out of the way." Maybe it's just wonky wording, but you might want to tweak it a little bit.

32 minutes ago, Atlas_13 said:

Just a little grammar thing, on the Nyx entry one line says, "a person is attacking you don't have enough time to fully move out of the way." Maybe it's just wonky wording, but you might want to tweak it a little bit.

Oh, I will reword that to make it flow better (Like Primed Flow).

Edit: I edited that part, I hope it sounds better now. 

31 minutes ago, Atlas_13 said:

Btw this is my most favorite fan concept ever right now. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much, I am very glad you enjoy it.

Edited by (XB1)Awsome Ethan927

10 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i reviewed volts lore and some references on current understanding of warframe creation. originally specific frames were created for specific operators 

Reveal hidden contents

~VOLT~

a rigorous course designed to test everything we have trained for stood before us.

The others like me who tested on it passed with flying colors, but only because we were different.

Ordinary foot soldiers tried and failed in their attempts, but those of us from the accident completed it with minor effort.

But now the others had finally finished their test, some were faster than others, but now it was finally my turn.

I stood ready at the start of the course, I heard the the Voice of our masters overhead. 

When the signal to start flared, I felt a sudden charge of power course throughout my body.

I cleared the challenges with ease and when I looked over at the crowd that had gathered. All the scientist were astonished, even my fellow peers couldn't help but show some kind of amazement at the speed at which i had demonstrated.

After the testing was over, I was approached by a lady wearing ornate gold clothing with a kind smile.

"Hello, young one, I am the lead scientist, and I saw your performance just now. I must say, it was quite impressive, even by standards set by other subjects."

"Oh, but it was special" She said reaching out and taking my hand" Come there is something you should see."

I followed her until we came to a large ornate door, when the door opened, she encouraged me to step inside.

When I walked in, I notice a large golden coffin  set at the back of the room, attached vertically to the wall.

"Not a coffin, this is a cryopod, and within it resides a body that can withstand your power young tenno."

Relieving inside a sleek black metal form lined in gold. Raw power seemed to spark across the shell of the still figure

"Because I believe you are ready. Only two others before you have achieved a level far beyond the others at this point.. You would be the third to join them, so we created a lens through which you can focus your power, and created this body which can harness your raw potential and channel it"

I put my hand on the chest of the slumbering form, and I felt it beat beneath by hand. I pulled my hand away and finally looked up at the scientist.

"Yes, I am ready." 

I enjoy some of your edits, I have began editing mine a bit, I'll finish it later though. 

Before I boarded the Zariman with my mother, as we have been blessed with one of the first few to the colony.  She never figured out where I got my scars, I hope I never need to tell her.  The toxic edge of the ever beautiful Karyst, is strong enough to scar if not kill, as I learned with my half melted finger.  It doesn't matter, I can leave that knowledge behind.

We were promised, we were promised safety, then as we left the final warp gate at the edge of the solar rail, then it all went dark, I saw my mother be torn away from me.  The void tore into the ship, and tore everything except us children.  I don't know how long we were there, but we were clustered, afraid, and strangely powerful.

once we were recovered they ran tests, and she was the kindest.   She made us feel human again, but it was clear from what we did, that we weren't.  We became Tenno, and we all had unique powers, I had the ability to poison any I deemed a nuisance, which lead to many occurrences...  Despite this, I feel more alive now with my self, but something died that day, probably my inhibitions, but now nothing will stop the Tenno.

(I did it!  Probably not my best work, wifi kept cutting out so I rushed slightly)

On 6/17/2016 at 5:48 AM, BlackDiamondAce said:

Before I boarded the Zariman with my mother, as we have been blessed with one of the first few to the colony.  She never figured out where I got my scars, I hope I never need to tell her.  The toxic edge of the ever beautiful Karyst, is strong enough to scar if not kill, as I learned with my half melted finger.  It doesn't matter, I can leave that knowledge behind.

We were promised, we were promised safety, then as we left the final warp gate at the edge of the solar rail, then it all went dark, I saw my mother be torn away from me.  The void tore into the ship, and tore everything except us children.  I don't know how long we were there, but we were clustered, afraid, and strangely powerful.

once we were recovered they ran tests, and she was the kindest.   She made us feel human again, but it was clear from what we did, that we weren't.  We became Tenno, and we all had unique powers, I had the ability to poison any I deemed a nuisance, which lead to many occurrences...  Despite this, I feel more alive now with my self, but something died that day, probably my inhibitions, but now nothing will stop the Tenno.

(I did it!  Probably not my best work, wifi kept cutting out so I rushed slightly)

I finally got time to read yours, not the theme I was going for, but it sounds pretty nice. Maybe @(XB1)EternalDrk Mako can give it a read through and help flesh it out more, but for now I enjoy what you wrote, keep up the good work. 

On 6/16/2016 at 1:55 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Reveal hidden contents

~VOLT~

"Yes, I am ready." 

I finished making my edits to the Volt entry; I hope you enjoy them. I didn't use all your edits, but you did inspire some other edits I made. I hope that you can review my other entries in your spare time. 

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 0:19 AM, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

I have no idea what I am going to do for Nyx, it took me a while to even think of Trinity, so you will have some time.  

I can help you with nyx, ash, loki, frost, and nekros entries when I get back on my Xbox in an hour or 2. I would also want to put my on concept entire lore for my custom frame named Phantom.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)KNIGHTX605 said:

I can help you with nyx, ash, loki, frost, and nekros entries when I get back on my Xbox in an hour or 2. I would also want to put my on concept entire lore for my custom frame named Phantom.

I have completed my Nyx entry. Any suggestions on Loki, Frost, and Ash would be awesome. For Nekros, I am going to complete entries for Primes that don't have one first, then normal frames. Your last sentence confuses me.  

Just now, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

I have completed my Nyx entry. Any suggestions on Loki, Frost, and Ash would be awesome. For Nekros, I am going to complete entries for Primes that don't have one first, then normal frames. Your last sentence confuses me.  

I noticed the nyx one, I understand the prime ones first, the last sentence was if I put one of my concepts codex entire into the concept codex. Or I will explain it better when I get on soon 20-30 minutes from now.

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ill check them out

necros would be interesting if you reflect on how shamans work in different cultures

maybe , a person who became attune with spirits or ghosts after the accident 

Interesting, shamans, I'll have to do some research then we will see what I come up with. I am thinking of making a new section where I put lore entries written by other people, what do you think? Oh, and can I include Nuke here?

You're very talented! With practice (and probably some study), you can be a wonderful writer. Keep up the good work! (FYI, if you're ever having trouble thinking of what to write- try using pen and paper. It's what I do, and there psychology supporting that it helps streamline the creative process.) 

13 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

You're very talented! With practice (and probably some study), you can be a wonderful writer. Keep up the good work! (FYI, if you're ever having trouble thinking of what to write- try using pen and paper. It's what I do, and there psychology supporting that it helps streamline the creative process.) 

Thank you very much, I am very glad you like my writing. I'll keep the pen and paper thing in mind if I ever get writers block, but for the most part, as long as I have a concept, the writing just kind of flows.