Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Event Mod Aquisition

duhadventure

Event mods. We all love getting them. The problem is, once the event is over, it can take months to years before it is added to the drop tables. Examples of this being all of the elemental mod sets. 
Toxin mods:  2587339-mods.jpg

Malignant Force, Pistol Pestilence, Toxic Barrage, and Virulent Scourge. Added to drop tables during Cierco Crisis event on 12/18/13. They were eventually added to Corrupted Vor in U13.7, which released on  6/11/2014. This took place 175 days after the event was released. (5 months, 24 days).

Other Dual Stat Element mods (short cause don't feel like making more paragraphs. 
Fire Mods: Released with Operation Breeding Grounds on June 26, 2014. Added to Spy 2.0 drop tables when spy 2.0 was released on February 5, 2015.  224 days or 7 months 10 days.
Electric Mods: Released during Tethras Doom March 5, 2014, brought back for Mutalist Incursion on November 28, 2014. 115 days (3 months, 23 days). Later Brought back in Project Undermine and offered by Baro. Were eventually Added to Hive Sabotage Mid 2015. EDIT: Voltaic Strike and Jolt are not availible on it.
Ice Mods: Added in Operation Cyrotic Front on August 28, 2014. Added to Spy 2.0 Drop tables on February 5, 2015. 161 days later or 5 months 8 days. 

Most of these mods are commonplace now, the hardest one to get being the electric set on Eris. Personally, when I first started Warframe, and did not know that mods would not be available for a long time, I sold my set for a very low amount of plat. This happened for many of the operations that I went to until I learned. My point is, newer players do not know this and can get basically scammed out of good mods. If you are going to argue and say "they should know better", no they don't, because they are new and don't know that event mods take a long time to be added to drop tables. 

Anyways back on topic of event mods. Here is every collectors favorite, must have mod: 

latest?cb=20140830060407

Primed Chamber. A mod that was a prize for the top 100 players in the Informer Event, 5 devstreams as a prize, and through a transmutation glitch that players were allowed to keep the mod. It has been 1073 days, (Or 2 years, 11 months, 7 days) since this mod has been released and it is still not in the drop tables. Prices on the market reach the outrageous price of around 20k platinum. It has been stated in 2013 that it would be included in future events, however this has not happened. 

We have charged chamber:
latest?cb=20140830012952

That when stacked with Primed Chamber gives 140% bonus damage on first shot. If Primed Charged chamber will be a thing, (leaked by hackers, maxed it is 110% bonus damage). Would total at 220% bonus damage when stacked with Primed Chamber. Hopefully if Primed Charged Chamber is released then Primed Chamber will be added to drop table. 

Then we have a COMMON mod that is still not in the tables and would be a good drop from Oxium Ospreys. Aviator.

latest?cb=20140830011656

Which gives up to a 20% damage reduction when airborne. This is nothing compared to the passive 75% damage reduction you get while rolling. Also while in the air there is the risk of getting blown out of the sky at higher levels, regardless the damage reduction. This mod was obtainable by obtaining 50 oxium during Operation Oxium Espionage, which at the time was harder when Oxium dropped 1-2 at a time.

The latest two Operations, Rathuum and Shadow Debt, added some situational damage and weapon augments. Blood Rush, Hydraulic Crosshairs, Shrapnel Shot, Catalyzer Link, and Focused Defence were added to Moon Spy shortly after, Blood Rush being the only Uncommon mod out of all of them. The rest of the Uncommon/Rare mods are still to be added. 

Rathuum's mods were available as a reward from the Kela boss fight. After the event, they stayed in the drop tables. This is how event mod drops should be handled, as it gives players an opportunity to farm the mods after the event if they missed it or sold their mods. Hopefully in a future update some of the mods not in drop table (slash, puncture, impact, primed chamber, aviator etc.) will be added.

Tl;dr event mods should be available after the event they were introduced in.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed rant from title

Dude, you need to learn to live with the fact that you're not getting Primed Chamber. It was a contest reward, and only 100 were released. If it ever comes back it's going to be in a form that's at least as rare as the Rift Sigil, if not worse

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Dude, you need to learn to live with the fact that you're not getting Primed Chamber. It was a contest reward, and only 100 were released. If it ever comes back it's going to be in a form that's at least as rare as the Rift Sigil, if not worse

Its not about primed chamber its about event mods in general.

(I rarely use snipers idrc about Primed chamber)

gotta agree, but only to a degree.

By biggest gripe with unavavible mods are:
-2 of dual status electric mods weren't added to hive sabotages (jolt and voltaic strike)
-bloodrush was added to moon spy droptable, whilst bodycount which is pretty much necesary to make it work is obtainable only through trade

unfortunately, it looks like game needs some extremely rare collector goodies to keep things rolling.

I agree that mods should be made available again sooner than they have been but I don't think they need to be immediately available unless they were RNG based during the event.  eg. Kela's mods being available straight away was fine and Shadow Debt mods not being available is not good but element/status mods taking a while was fine because there was a specific non-RNG goal to earn them.

The reason I think the non-RNG event rewards should be exclusive for a period is that otherwise events would lose some meaning.  No one would bother if they figured it'd be easily farmable the day after.  That period of early access is the reward for actually taking part in the event.  I don't think it needs to be as long as it has been though.

Edited by Katinka

5 minutes ago, 5HV3N said:

By biggest gripe with unavavible mods are:
-2 of dual status electric mods weren't added to hive sabotages (jolt and voltaic strike)
-bloodrush was added to moon spy droptable, whilst bodycount which is pretty much necesary to make it work is obtainable only through trade

oh ty.

This is absolutely a problem, and it doesn't stop at mods.

The Sheev, released in Operation Gate Crash, which ended on 9/24/14. Returned for Sortie Season 5, 2/23/16. ~1 year, 8 months

Latron Wraith, released in Operation Cryotic Front, which ended on 9/3/14. It still hasn't returned. ~1 year, 9 months and counting.

There are other weapons, but these are the big two that stand out in my mind.

Granted, these are special weapons, and are a little more significant than mods, but the downtime between acquisition chances shouldn't be that long.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

I'd hope with the upcoming Starchart 3.0 most of these mods work their way back into the system at the very least they could allow Baro to sell them while they try to find a solution to it but I could really care less either way, when events first had mods in them I was under the impression those mods would always be exclusive so I won't throw a fit if I can't get a few mods, there are always other things to play around with.

I still cant figure out why this game holds back so many contents from its players it is like the devs do not want the players to play the game and play with maximum  in game tools..

a little less conversation and a little more action thank you.

14 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

This is absolutely a problem, and it doesn't stop at mods.

The Sheev, released in Operation Gate Crash, which ended on 9/24/14. Returned for Sortie Season 5, 2/23/16. ~1 year, 8 months

Latron Wraith, released in Operation Cryotic Front, which ended on 9/3/14. It still hasn't returned. ~1 year, 9 months and counting.

There are other weapons, but these are the big two that stand out in my mind.

Granted, these are special weapons, and are a little more significant than mods, but the downtime between acquisition chances shouldn't be that long.

Mods/Event weapons should be available soon after events. (Later for weapons but not a year.)
The only things that should be exclusive is stuff like Tennocon Sigil/Syandata and Excal Prime.

"Oh man Body Count is so good it makes Melee viable endgame and should be default."

"Oh man Maiming Strike is so good it makes noncrit Melee weapons viable"

"Oh man Argon Scope is so good"  "Oh man Bladed Rounds is so good"  etc. etc.

Y'know what would be nice?  If someone like me, who joined literally a few weeks after the end of Shadow Debt, could get some of these mods that a fair portion of the community seem to consider nigh-mandatory without relying on the limited supply circulating in the trade market.  Would it really have been that bad to distribute the rest of the Acolyte mods around the Orokin Moon missions?  For that matter, I'd love to be able to fight Event bosses that I missed, and actually be able to experience the lore rather than read about it on the wiki.

Until a month ago I never owned any Primed mods.

Didn't interrupted my gameplay, even though they have been released for quite some time.

Makes me wonder how any other player managed before any of those mods even existed.../s

Edited by Souldend78

while it would be very convenient for event mods and weapons to be more available, it'll never happen.  DE want you to play the event to get the rewards, and if you can't, or if you choose not to, then you're gonna miss out, simple as that. it keeps people playing and potentially buying Plat because DE know that many people who don't have time might fork out so that they can get scammed on trading by purchasing at hype-prices. in addition, most, if not all of the mods you mentioned in the OP are a luxury, not a necessity.

- primed Chamber is great on a Vectis, because it only holds one shot, but isn't worth it on other weapons because your first shot could miss anyway. you're not gonna care about precision as much with something like a Boltor Prime, but you're obviously gonna aim hard with a Vectis to make the shot count. and Charged chamber can still do the job.

- Aviator, who the Hek cares? who even stays airborne enough for it to matter, other than maybe a Zealous Zephyr user? 99%of the time you're rolling or strafing to avoid gunfire. I don't know anyone, and have never seen anyone who goes out of their way to stay in the air as much as possible in a regular gunfight.

- the only shadow debt mods I'd say are truly useful in most circumstances are Body Count and Blood rush, which admittedly makes melee MUCH better. Argon Scope has it's place, but I find low-recoil weapons are the only ones worth using it on for the highest possible chance of getting headshots.

it is possible to play effectively without event mods, without Primed Mods, without Primed chamber. I've done it for ages. mods like these make life easier, but they aren't life-or-death if you ask me.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

while it would be very convenient for event mods and weapons to be more available, it'll never happen.  DE want you to play the event to get the rewards, and if you can't, or if you choose not to, then you're gonna miss out, simple as that. it keeps people playing and potentially buying Plat because DE know that many people who don't have time might fork out so that they can get scammed on trading by purchasing at hype-prices. in addition, most, if not all of the mods you mentioned in the OP are a luxury, not a necessity.

Not if they are so rare it that nobody can afford to buy it.

I really disagree with the fact that many event mods come back only through Baro at very high ducat prices.  It just makes the task of trying to catch up to established players all the more crushing a battle to manage.  I'd be fine with it if everything went somewhere into the drop table within a reasonable timeframe, but that never seems to happen.  I really hope the Rathuum event is signaling that they pla nto change this discouraging trend.

7 hours ago, duhadventure said:

Not if they are so rare it that nobody can afford to buy it.

How can you not afford them? On PS4 theres maybe 2 mods that sell above 200, and 10 for 50-100. I just made 600 plat in 2hrs in trading yesterday off 3 Boltor and 3 Rhino Sets. You can buy junk primes for 1-2p each and put sets together and resell, or sell for Baro stuff to resell later. Trade exists, its not hard to make plat easily. Syndicate weapons sell for 25+ I can make 5 a week easy, thats 500p a month.

Theres ways to get stuff, just requires planning.

Only reason I can see to hold back event mods from immediate release post event or op is to see the impact they have on the game.  Six months does seem a bit excessive, I woyks go with two or three, but it may be a cooling down period to see how things work out.

23 hours ago, ranks21 said:

I still cant figure out why this game holds back so many contents from its players it is like the devs do not want the players to play the game and play with maximum  in game tools..

a little less conversation and a little more action thank you.

Because money...

People tend to pay for them...

In the other hand i never saw a game (from my repertory) who had "special" content for just a class of players (the one who play daily or 5 hours a day).