The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How large is the minimap

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

Title. I'm trying to figure out if +30 enemy radar is enough to show all enemies on the minimap or if I need both aura and the enemy sense mod to fully utilize the minimap. I'm having a hard time finding the dimensions via searches so if anyone knows it's dimensions, I'd appreciate your help.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

6 answers to this question

you need enemy sense and enemy radar if you want to see every enemy on the minimap, but think that's a waste of mods on your warframe.

I actually use enemy sense in every warframe(exilus slot) and animal instinct on my companions, i find them incredibly useful and with both you get 48m enemy radar and 30m loot radar.

this is an image i made (for a post i want to make about the minimap shape):

bzFisgs.jpg

The enemies spawn per tiles. That means if you're in the starting tile, the enemies around the map haven't even spawned. 30m is perfect for closed interiors, and somewhat less good in exteriors like the forest tileset or corpus outpost.

2 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

The enemies spawn per tiles. That means if you're in the starting tile, the enemies around the map haven't even spawned. 30m is perfect for closed interiors, and somewhat less good in exteriors like the forest tileset or corpus outpost.

So if I want enemies to show on the farthest areas of my hud's minimap I'd need both the aura and the mod for +60?

Well, you can do that, but it still wouldn't cover the whole map.

As a reference, the distance between the cryopod in void defense missions and the big door where enemies come from (the one near the two stairs) is ~55m. So those mods will cover an area with that radius.

Spoiler

A random video from youtube, if you still can't see which door I'm talking about, look at 2:03

56 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

minimap 

Derp, I thought you meant the actual map when you use M (or whatever default key binding it was)

As esapto said, Animal Instinct and Enemy Sense (or Enemy Radar) will make you see pretty much everything on the minimap.

I've been a fan of radar for a long time. Back in the day I used to argue it should be an innate part of the game and not even require a mod to get some base amount.

30 is a little too small in my experience. I typically run Enemy Sense and Animal Instinct on on my Sentinel which gives me a total of 48. This feels very good most of the time. I have Stealth Drift but no plans to ever spend a slot on it unless a Kavat is not allowed to equip Animal Instinct for some reason.

I only give up my aura to Enemy Radar for large maps where enemy location is important, like doing interception or Hijack in PUG's.

Edited by VKhaun